Is it possible?

mkrnova

Hello I have been watching people on YouTube solo running the fire emblem games and something I was thinking about was that conquest I think is the only fire emblem that can not do a solo run on. The first few chapters yea it is possible but the port defense chapter is impossible to solo isn’t it what is everyone opinion on this. Is conquest the only fire emblem that is unable to be solo run on or is there another 1 or if you know how to get past the port please let me know cause I would like to try if so. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoy all the wonderful chapters this game and all the other fire emblem give us to enjoy.

Can I grind?  What about visiting other castles to buy better weapons?  What difficulty?  Can non-solo units be attacked?  IMO there's a lot of questions that need to be answered.

I don't know for certain whether it's possible to solo Conquest. I do know that regardless, it can not be the only Fire Emblem which can't be soloed, as Radiant Dawn is unsoloable due to the endgame bosses regenerating too much for a solo unit to overcome.

I'd kneejerk Conquest 10 as unsoloable, at least by definitions of solo I would use, since there's a few points where enemies rush towards the defend point and won't attack people in range, and a solo unit has no way to obstruct or kill them all.

8 hours ago, mkrnova said:

Hello I have been watching people on YouTube solo running the fire emblem games and something I was thinking about was that conquest I think is the only fire emblem that can not do a solo run on. The first few chapters yea it is possible but the port defense chapter is impossible to solo isn’t it what is everyone opinion on this. Is conquest the only fire emblem that is unable to be solo run on or is there another 1 or if you know how to get past the port please let me know cause I would like to try if so. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoy all the wonderful chapters this game and all the other fire emblem give us to enjoy.

I would say it's impossible, because the sky knights generally ignore combat in favour of heading towards the objective, and some are even paired up, which means you need to down their partner as well.

Also, I would say soloing Radiant Dawn is impossible because of its design. First off, you continuously swap between armies. And even if you ignored that, the endgame has some serious roadblocks to that (most notably, the last few bosses regenerate too much for a solo unit to outdo, with the final boss requiring Ike to land the final attack to defeat. And there's another boss that you MUST use Ike for, because he gets blocked off from everyone else with said boss).

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would say it's impossible, because the sky knights generally ignore combat in favour of heading towards the objective, and some are even paired up, which means you need to down their partner as well.

Also, I would say soloing Radiant Dawn is impossible because of its design. First off, you continuously swap between armies. And even if you ignored that, the endgame has some serious roadblocks to that (most notably, the last few bosses regenerate too much for a solo unit to outdo, with the final boss requiring Ike to land the final attack to defeat. And there's another boss that you MUST use Ike for, because he gets blocked off from everyone else with said boss).

I never had the chance to play radiant dawn and haven't watched much on it so I didn't know about the final boss so thank you for the info that healing would be a pain and the sky knights is why I was thinking that chapter is why conquest is the since make it not possible to solo sadly would be nice if you could. I thank you all for the info on radiant dawn like I said didn't know much about it so that is good to know I am just about do replaying echoes when I am done I will try a alm and celica only run for fun then maybe a chrom only run after. well thank everyone for the replies hope you all enjoy the day and take care and have lots of fun.

2 hours ago, mkrnova said:

I never had the chance to play radiant dawn and haven't watched much on it so I didn't know about the final boss so thank you for the info that healing would be a pain and the sky knights is why I was thinking that chapter is why conquest is the since make it not possible to solo sadly would be nice if you could.

All right. I would like to make clear, though, that other reasons Radiant Dawn is impossible to solo include timed maps, game over conditions that start nowhere near your army (in particular part 2 of 1-6, where you have to ensure an NPC cavalier survives), the earlygame, where everyone is a game over condition, as well as the aforementioned army swapping.

Edited by Shadow Mir

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

All right. I would like to make clear, though, that other reasons Radiant Dawn is impossible to solo include timed maps, game over conditions that start nowhere near your army (in particular part 2 of 1-6, where you have to ensure an NPC cavalier survives), the earlygame, where everyone is a game over condition, as well as the aforementioned army swapping.

That is rough yeah I guess that is 1 game in the future I am not trying a solo run on lol thank you for letting me know.

I am not sure if its possible, but I do have two thought for how it might be. First is allowing the units that are recruited in that chapter to be allowed to body-block the exit, that might give you the leeway you need to complete it, but is also dependent on how strictly you are soloing.

The other would be to get the DLC class skill Galeforce. That would require either using the DLC grinding map for absurdly many levels, or using the skill buy option. With Galeforce, I think you can pull off the kills on the paired pegasi that are programed to go for the goal instead of attacking fast enough to prevent a gameover from them, with look like the greatest hurdle to soloing that chapter. It would still be extremely hard to pull off, as you would need to enemy phase a LOT and find ways to survive that, but with that skill I do not think its necessarily impossible...

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am not sure if its possible, but I do have two thought for how it might be. First is allowing the units that are recruited in that chapter to be allowed to body-block the exit, that might give you the leeway you need to complete it, but is also dependent on how strictly you are soloing.

The other would be to get the DLC class skill Galeforce. That would require either using the DLC grinding map for absurdly many levels, or using the skill buy option. With Galeforce, I think you can pull off the kills on the paired pegasi that are programed to go for the goal instead of attacking fast enough to prevent a gameover from them, with look like the greatest hurdle to soloing that chapter. It would still be extremely hard to pull off, as you would need to enemy phase a LOT and find ways to survive that, but with that skill I do not think its necessarily impossible...

I could try to do it that way the idea of using the other 3 to block the exit does seem like a good idea for that map cause the rest of the game doesn't have the type of problems this map does as for galeforce I wasn't planning to use dlc but if it is needed to beat it I may go ahead and use them in that case I would have to test it out and see what happens. I will try it in a normal mode and see what happens if it all works I can jump the difficulty up and go from there thank you for the idea I will try it out and see how it goes.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, mkrnova said:

Wouldn't pretty much any game with a proper defense chapter be impossible to solo? I can't imagine you could solo Radiant Dawn's Part 2 chapter that easily. ELincia could run up and kill Ludvick, but I doubt she could do that alone in time before the castle is seized if you're not allowed to deploy other units as meat shields. 2-13 might be even harder in that regard, though at least you are given more time to hoard resources onto a single unit so you could maybe position someone to aggro all the enemies. Still, those Ravens will likely cross that treshold. Another one that sticks out to me is Awakening's Tiki map. You'll lose that fairly quickly with just one unit in play. People have managed to one turn it by routing the enemy using galeforce, but that's not something you can do with a single unit. You need at least pair up. A solo of Aversa's map is something I'd like to see too, though that one might be possible with careful inventory management, because all enemies on the map will be a clone of your single unit, meaning your very statistically overwhelmed from the start. It would require very careful use of elixirs.

I know from practical experience that the original Shadow Dragon is unsoloable, as you cannot get Falchion with a single unit and there's really no viable way to win without it. You could pretty easily do a Tiki solo, but it's not much of a solo given there's only like five maps left by the time you get her. Theoretically you could solo with someone using Gradivus or Mercurius, but it would require a tonne of misses from Medeus and a tonne of crits from your soloer. I tried it with Marth and Medeus was healing for more damage than I could deal, and even a maxed stat Marth was having trouble weathering the hero and mage dragon reinforcements (and universal caps mean every unit will be in this same scenario, the only difference would be Gradivus vs Mercurius or Devil Sword).

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Wouldn't pretty much any game with a proper defense chapter be impossible to solo? I can't imagine you could solo Radiant Dawn's Part 2 chapter that easily. ELincia could run up and kill Ludvick, but I doubt she could do that alone in time before the castle is seized if you're not allowed to deploy other units as meat shields. 2-13 might be even harder in that regard, though at least you are given more time to hoard resources onto a single unit so you could maybe position someone to aggro all the enemies. Still, those Ravens will likely cross that treshold. Another one that sticks out to me is Awakening's Tiki map. You'll lose that fairly quickly with just one unit in play. People have managed to one turn it by routing the enemy using galeforce, but that's not something you can do with a single unit. You need at least pair up. A solo of Aversa's map is something I'd like to see too, though that one might be possible with careful inventory management, because all enemies on the map will be a clone of your single unit, meaning your very statistically overwhelmed from the start. It would require very careful use of elixirs.

I know from practical experience that the original Shadow Dragon is unsoloable, as you cannot get Falchion with a single unit and there's really no viable way to win without it. You could pretty easily do a Tiki solo, but it's not much of a solo given there's only like five maps left by the time you get her. Theoretically you could solo with someone using Gradivus or Mercurius, but it would require a tonne of misses from Medeus and a tonne of crits from your soloer. I tried it with Marth and Medeus was healing for more damage than I could deal, and even a maxed stat Marth was having trouble weathering the hero and mage dragon reinforcements (and universal caps mean every unit will be in this same scenario, the only difference would be Gradivus vs Mercurius or Devil Sword).

Well not all defense maps are unsoloable Eirika can solo chapter 19 I think is the chapter I am thinking of at the end of the game normal win for this map is warp someone in to kill the boss but instead rescue the king and put her pretty behind on the throne and you win well that is if you have good stats that is lol. The tiki map on awakening you are talking about is the route 1 that if you keep her alive she joins you right that is a not a main story map so it can be skipped if you want to do a solo run of the game I feel if you want to solo it. I know very lttle about shadow dragon sad to say so I don't know much on how marth and tiki do things in the game but 1 run I can see being fun is  twin only run of sacred stone seeing you need to glitch if you want to solo with Eirika so a run using her and her brother can be fun lol.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

While we're talking about Radiant Dawn, I have no clue as to how you're supposed to solo 3-10, let alone 1-6-2. Even with a full team, it takes a while to get to the unit who needs to survive, and there's the fact that in the former, the NPCS have a tendency to advance towards the boss area, which is really really bad because the VIP unit is a flier, and there are archers near the boss area (including the boss)...

1 hour ago, mkrnova said:

Well not all defense maps are unsoloable Eirika can solo chapter 19 I think is the chapter I am thinking of at the end of the game normal win for this map is warp someone in to kill the boss but instead rescue the king and put her pretty behind on the throne and you win well that is if you have good stats that is lol. The tiki map on awakening you are talking about is the route 1 that if you keep her alive she joins you right that is a not a main story map so it can be skipped if you want to do a solo run of the game I feel if you want to solo it. I know very lttle about shadow dragon sad to say so I don't know much on how marth and tiki do things in the game but 1 run I can see being fun is  twin only run of sacred stone seeing you need to glitch if you want to solo with Eirika so a run using her and her brother can be fun lol.

Certainly not all defense maps are  unsoloable, but I'd say a lot more than just Conquest's one are impossible to solo.

• 3 weeks later...

I would think a majority of defence maps are soloable, actually. In many of them you only have to protect one square or one unit. In many others you can rush forward and bait all the enemies towards your solo juggernaut.

FE7, FE8, and FE9 solos have been completed (I've done ones for FE7 and FE8 myself), and all of those games have defend maps.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I would think a majority of defence maps are soloable, actually. In many of them you only have to protect one square or one unit. In many others you can rush forward and bait all the enemies towards your solo juggernaut.

FE7, FE8, and FE9 solos have been completed (I've done ones for FE7 and FE8 myself), and all of those games have defend maps.

Yeah fe 7,8 and 9 are easy to solo the problem with conquest was the chapter 10 with the 3 spots you have to block so I am going to use the other 3 that joins to help block it sadly nothing that can be done with it.

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2022 at 8:02 PM, Jotari said:

If the lost of the teammates is allowed,Marth can stay in southeastern fort with 3 persons to stop the reinforcements until 71 turn.

A maxed stat Marth can hardly miss,in fact,I only use 23 times Mercurius to defeat Medeus with skill 16.

1 turn:

Medeus——61hit+10*2damage+5crit,and 45hp+10 per turn.

Marth——100hit+3*2*2damage+28crit,and 44hp+Gradivus.

Edited by httpwzj

43 minutes ago, httpwzj said:

If the lost of the teammates is allowed,Marth can stay in southeastern fort with 3 persons to stop the reinforcements until 71 turn.

A maxed stat Marth can hardly miss,in fact,I only use 23 times Mercurius to defeat Medeus with skill 16.

1 turn:

Medeus——61hit+10*2damage+5crit,and 45hp+10 per turn.

Marth——100hit+3*2*2damage+28crit,and 44hp+Gradivus.

I don't really understand you calcs, but it seems like you're saying Marth can deal 12 damage per turn while Medeus deals 20 damage per turn, which sounds about right. Problem is Medeus heals for like 6-10 hp per turn (I think it's randomized) so your actual damage profit is quite low. And you will need to heal as Medeus will deal enough damage to kill you quicker. And every turn you're healing, it means you're not attacking meaning Medeus meaning he restores even more HP. And it's not just Medeus Marth needs to deal with, the inifinite spawning Heroes and Mage Dragons also chip away at Marth's HP. It's theoretically possible to do it if the enemies miss enough and Marth (or your Gradivus user etc) crits enough, but if you're not rigging those hits and misses with save states then you're going to have to get impossibly lucky.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't really understand you calcs, but it seems like you're saying Marth can deal 12 damage per turn while Medeus deals 20 damage per turn, which sounds about right. Problem is Medeus heals for like 6-10 hp per turn (I think it's randomized) so your actual damage profit is quite low. And you will need to heal as Medeus will deal enough damage to kill you quicker. And every turn you're healing, it means you're not attacking meaning Medeus meaning he restores even more HP. And it's not just Medeus Marth needs to deal with, the inifinite spawning Heroes and Mage Dragons also chip away at Marth's HP. It's theoretically possible to do it if the enemies miss enough and Marth (or your Gradivus user etc) crits enough, but if you're not rigging those hits and misses with save states then you're going to have to get impossibly lucky.

In FE1,reinforcements aren't  inifinite,which you can refer https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Chosen_by_Fate ,it only spawn in turns 6-70.

If you have enough time,you can test it.

I think actions speak louder than words,so I upload the video.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16P4y1B7Hi?p=25&vd_source=569a6f073a184ef44a8d54b464b7d474

I passed Chapter 25 without quick save load by the simulator,even without second times to load the save file in the game.

2 hours ago, httpwzj said:

In FE1,reinforcements aren't  inifinite,which you can refer https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Chosen_by_Fate ,it only spawn in turns 6-70.

I didn't know that. It certainly makes things a lot more viable. Trying it for myself now.

EDIT: Managed to do it. Relatively simple without the reinforcements. I also didn't know Marth could use Gradivus to heal which helps a lot (I knew it could be used to heal, but I assumed you needed a lance rank). Without it you're stuck in a cycle where you need to keep chugging Vulneraries until Medeus misses, as he deals the same ammount of damage as one heals.

Edited by Jotari

On 7/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jotari said:

I didn't know that. It certainly makes things a lot more viable. Trying it for myself now.

EDIT: Managed to do it. Relatively simple without the reinforcements. I also didn't know Marth could use Gradivus to heal which helps a lot (I knew it could be used to heal, but I assumed you needed a lance rank). Without it you're stuck in a cycle where you need to keep chugging Vulneraries until Medeus misses, as he deals the same ammount of damage as one heals.

If you need save file which contains 24 durable Mercurius,I will upload the save file.

The first one is map 24,the second one is map 25.

I upload map 24 additionally because I think you will probably buy something from the secret shops or adjust who will take part in the next battle or their equipments.

Fire Emblem - Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi (Japan)-map24.sav Fire Emblem - Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi (Japan)-map25.sav