Feh Channel (Feb. 1, 2022)

Ice Dragon

Brave Eliwood and Brave Roy are the only 2 Brave units that I didn't get. Hopefully I can finally get Brave Eliwood this year.

All the Awakening alts look really good here, but Owain skillset leaves a lot to be desired. And Lucina being another green armor with save skill, that makes 5 out of 7 save armor that is green (excluding L!Tiki). But the arts look really good.

Nitpicking here but 41 orbs for anniversary just seems weird when most of the rewards has 5 in their number, they could have make it 45 at least.

Hrid skills refine is odd, since Atk/Def menace slightly clash with his B skill mass debuff, but I supposed they can't give him any upgrade to Distant Counter. Eir on the other hand, res+5 in-combat with no distance restriction is insane, my OG Chrom might shine again in Light season as omni-tank, and I can put Def boosting seal on Guinevere (spd/def form can't come sooner).

• To repeat what I said before about the CYL6 winners, Seliph will be interesting to see the alt of, I honestly thought Awakening Tiki just didn't exist anymore, Chrom isn't surprising but also not unwelcome, Byleth is a paper bag with a neutral face drawn on it (that sometimes is frowning instead)
  • 5 years of Feh! Have all the free stuff! No Florets though... which is a bit of a shame, but maybe next year.
  • Among the GHB heroes we will be getting a 5* copy of, the only ones that are a miss for me are Walhart and Naesala (since I already +10ed the two of them), and oddly I'm most excited to see Panne? She's grown on me since her addition to the game, I don't know what to say otherwise...
  • Welp, if this years HeroFest banner doesn't bring in the big bucks, I don't know what will. Two of these heroes absolutely everyone uses...
  • I think for the Seasonal Freebie summon, I'll take red. It seems the least likely to disappoint me.
  • I do not look forward to this years Hero Rises...
  • I'll save my thoughts on the Valentine units for when we actually get their banner trailer dropped, though I think Chrom/Robin are getting the Close Atk variant of Distant Pressure...
  • Wow, I already hate Summoner Duels S based on the name alone. Please just drop this direct PvP nonsense...
  • Three Houses has breached the Weekly Revival/4* Special Summon pool. Good to see all those faces not being summonable anymore, a good few of them are just... not worth summoning anymore. Also putting some good fodder into the 4* special pool.
  • I think I would like the 4* Seasonal Special pool more if it were just put on ALL seasonal banners, not just revivals. I already like it a fair bit, don't get me wrong, but it's already rare that I want to summon off some of the older seasonal banners...
  • Eir was LITERALLY my first 5* +10 hero! It was kind of expected for her to be getting the remix treatment to be honest... but I'm still happy to see her getting it!
    Oooh, that also puts Duma, Yune, Naga, among others in the running... maybe they'll finally become the gods they were meant to be.
    As for what Hrid and Eir are actually getting, I'm not sure how to feel about the overlap of Freezing Seal II and Atk/Def Menace's debuff effects, though I guess Hrid is more in it for the self-buffing. Still helpful though. I don't know why Eir is getting Atk/Res Unity though... her Res is alright I guess, but she only had Atk and Spd boosting effects on her skill set??? Sparkling Boost+ makes her an even better pseudo-healer, but an almost unconditional +5 Res boost to all allies is... huh. That's just cool.
    ...really does make me wonder what they're gonna do to Lyfjaberg...

@MagicCanonBalls To be fair to Owain, he's more or less guaranteed to be the demote unit. Demote units NEVER have anything heavily desirable for inheriting outside of the weapons.
Also they totally could give Hrid Distant Stance. I'm sure he would much prefer a theoretical Distant Reversal, but nothing wrong with boosting a tanks Res if he doesn't have much of that in the first place.

Edited by Xenomata

Pretty good stuff in general. Most important in my opinion are the additions to 4* Special pool and the new 4* SH Special pool.

As for the new mode/event for Summoner Duels, I am kind of meh on it and I do not really look forward to it. I guess I am just tired of juggling between a ton of competitive modes already in the game. Also, I think it would be much better if they just put all the competitive and ranking modes under ONE icon in Coliseum. Needing to constantly check Aether Keeps, Coliseum, and even Events is just extremely annoying and downright stupid. And it would be great if Arena Assault can be reduced to five battles; even I am getting pretty tired of it at this point, and I got access to every Dancer/Singer in the game along with most Firesweepers and tank busters, AND I got guaranteed wins with Teams 6 and 7 using beefed-up Aether-Raids-styled super tanks.

Also, can we get more Barracks space yet? Having Reserves help a lot, but I still actually need Heroes in my Barracks so I can use them, instead of shuffling them around in and out of Reserves.

14 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Hrid skills refine is odd, since Atk/Def menace slightly clash with his B skill mass debuff, but I supposed they can't give him any upgrade to Distant Counter. Eir on the other hand, res+5 in-combat with no distance restriction is insane, my OG Chrom might shine again in Light season as omni-tank, and I can put Def boosting seal on Guinevere (spd/def form can't come sooner).

Flat bonus of Res+5 is not that insane in my opinion when C Feud exists now. A super tank offloading damage reduction can get wrecked by a nuke with C Feud shutting down support from Flayn and Elimine.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  • As for what Hrid and Eir are actually getting, I'm not sure how to feel about the overlap of Freezing Seal II and Atk/Def Menace's debuff effects, though I guess Hrid is more in it for the self-buffing. Still helpful though. I don't know why Eir is getting Atk/Res Unity though... her Res is alright I guess, but she only had Atk and Spd boosting effects on her skill set??? Sparkling Boost+ makes her an even better pseudo-healer, but an almost unconditional +5 Res boost to all allies is... huh. That's just cool.
    ...really does make me wonder what they're gonna do to Lyfjaberg...

@MagicCanonBalls To be fair to Owain, he's more or less guaranteed to be the demote unit. Demote units NEVER have anything heavily desirable for inheriting outside of the weapons.
Also they totally could give Hrid Distant Stance. I'm sure he would much prefer a theoretical Distant Reversal, but nothing wrong with boosting a tanks Res if he doesn't have much of that in the first place.

Probably because Swift Sparrow 3 is everywhere, already on 2 legendary units (Celica and Lucina), while Atk/Res Unity is rarer.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

As for the new mode/event for Summoner Duels, I am kind of meh on it and I do not really look forward to it. I guess I am just tired of juggling between a ton of competitive modes already in the game. Also, I think it would be much better if they just put all the competitive and ranking modes under ONE icon in Coliseum. Needing to constantly check Aether Keeps, Coliseum, and even Events is just extremely annoying and downright stupid. And it would be great if Arena Assault can be reduced to five battles; even I am getting pretty tired of it at this point, and I got access to every Dancer/Singer in the game along with most Firesweepers and tank busters, AND I got guaranteed wins with Teams 6 and 7 using beefed-up Aether-Raids-styled super tanks.

Flat bonus of Res+5 is not that insane in my opinion when C Feud exists now. A super tank offloading damage reduction can get wrecked by a nuke with C Feud shutting down support from Flayn and Elimine.

AR and Arena being separated is because AR resort exists and it feels like a their own thing, but regular Summoner Duels being separated from whatever alphabet events is just nonsense. 

I am tired of AA too but without it I have literally no where else to use my excess pool budget build units. I have a +5 Sedgar and +5 Elincia that are just sitting there waiting for AA matches, or my F!Kris that is unmerge, too weak to handle anything in PvE or AR and only occasionally useful in AA. I don't even allow myself to use my AR core units like A!Fjorm or Gustav.

One skill (and Bramimond) exists that counter common units like Eir are not a big deal unless it's Elimine/Save Skill level. My problem with Guinevere is that she has problem tanking archer without boosting Def since I only have the 3 free light mythic and none of them boost Def, tanking magic enemy with C feud is non-issue for her unless it's Bramimond with pre-charge Dragon Fang (in which case I am happy to lose to a dedicated IP team). I used to put Atk/Def Solo seal on her but during NinCorrin time she would die by 1 or 2 dmg differences after tanking everybody else, so I switched to spd/res form and she has been steady mage check ever since but useless if the map has even 1 bow unit on the front line. Not to mention Eir is light, which means Bridal Catria is still rampant, so every stat boost counts.

Maybe you are high up in AR, I mostly drop in and out of VoH, max I got is T34 so I don't see units with C feud that isn't W!Lysithea here. And with Master Duel I don't really keep up with competitive in this game for now, my Arena just dropped to T17 this week because I forgot to do the 5th battle again like last two week that caused me to drop to 18.

Okay, now that I'm finally done updating the topic post, time to react a bit. I am so sick of selecting busses from the CAPTCHA.

I'm probably going to aim for green on the guaranteed 5-star banner. If no green shows up, then probably red, then colorless, then blue in that order.

Valentine Lucina looks like she could be pretty solid as a Save tank. She's getting +15/11/9/5 combat buffs and the Guard effect, so she probably has Kestrel Stance, A/D Near Save, and +5 to all stats from her weapon. She also has a minimum of 50% damage reduction on the opponent's first hit. It's also nice that we're getting a fast Near Save tank to pair with Fjorm.

Valentine Robin only shows us +4 Atk/Def combat buffs, -5 Atk/Def/Res combat debuffs and Iceberg. The Def debuff is weird because there's no reason to have that as a tome unit unless her weapon targets the lower defense, though as she's a colorless tome, that might be a possibility since it's unlikely she'll have an inheritable weapon.

Valentine Owain has a 41/38/42/31/21 stat spread with Blue Flame, Atk/Spd Bond 3, and Wings of Mercy 3. His weapon grants +5 Atk/Spd and likely some other effect. Obviously the demote, but his base stats are pretty good, and we now have another inheritable lance with an Atk/Spd boost.

Valentine Lissa has a 42/35/25/37/40 stat spread with Martyr+, Heavenly Light, Def/Res Ideal 3, and Res Opening 3. It looks like her weapon gives her +6 Def/Res in combat and heals allies within 2 spaces 7 HP after combat.

Duo Chrom has a likely 40/44/27/40/26 stat spread with To Change Fate!, Deadeye, "Close Counter: Atk Push", and Time's Pulse 3. He's getting +20/15/15/15 combat buffs, which looks like his weapon gives him +5 to all stats, and his Duo Skill and/or weapon gives him follow-up prevention and Spectrum Unity as status effects. I'm glad they're giving out Deadeye to more units. That Atk stat is ridiculous. I'm assuming he'll have effective damage against armors again.

This banner looks really good, but I don't want to put too much of my budget into it after spending a lot over the holidays.

I don't really have a problem with Hrid's two new skills both debuffing the same stats. Freezing Seal II's targeting works well for enemy-phase units by letting them hit more than just the front line while Menace makes sure you at minimum hit the front line. More Menace fodder is appreciated, though I'm a bit disappointed that I only have 1 Hrid manual left after having used the rest of them for Distant Counter.

Eir's healing being boosted to 20 HP is really nice, though it honestly would have rather had it remove Deep Wounds instead. Global +5 Res is pretty nice and helps with the fact that she can't run a stat-boosting skill in that slot. Atk/Res Unity is pretty underwhelming, though.

The 4-star SH Special Rate pool is pretty nice. I still want to +10 a Winter Tharja, even if she's just a worse version of Henriette nowadays. I also need to pull for 3 more copies of New Year Gunnthra to get her to +10, but I don't really want to wait for her banner to come back around (partly because she shares a color with New Year Hrid, who got to +10 before her), so I'll probably just pull for her on her upcoming New Power banner depending on who else is on it.

Not looking forward to the new Summoner Duels event. The Japanese name of it is "Summoner Duels Survival", so it looks like it might be an "Arena Assault" mode for Summoner Duels. Either way, Summoner Duels is so fucking tedious, and adding more gimmicks to it just makes it worse.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Maybe you are high up in AR, I mostly drop in and out of VoH, max I got is T34 so I don't see units with C feud that isn't W!Lysithea here. And with Master Duel I don't really keep up with competitive in this game for now, my Arena just dropped to T17 this week because I forgot to do the 5th battle again like last two week that caused me to drop to 18.

I bounce in and out of Vault of Heaven too, although I usually reach Tier 37 and miss the cut off to Tier 38 due to defense losses and less than optimal scoring for my secondary offense teams.

Lysithea: Gifted Students is not an issue for my Ike: Brave Mercenary since he got two stacks of damage reduction on himself. While I have not used my Save tanks in a while, I cannot say the same for my Save tank since Henriette: Overflowing Love relies solely on Flayn (and Elimine) for damage reduction since she does not have any on her skills herself.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

I bounce in and out of Vault of Heaven too, although I usually reach Tier 37 and miss the cut off to Tier 38 due to defense losses and less than optimal scoring for my secondary offense teams.

Lysithea: Gifted Students is not an issue for my Ike: Brave Mercenary since he got two stacks of damage reduction on himself. While I have not used my Save tanks in a while, I cannot say the same for my Save tank since Henriette: Overflowing Love relies solely on Flayn (and Elimine) for damage reduction since she does not have any on her skills herself.

I consistently place in gold throne territory these days, and I pretty much never see Feud skills except on their original owners. Harmonized Lysithea is really the only unit that I see with the skill, and my Henriette has no trouble holding the line against her.

Now that we have 7 Escape Ladder uses, I haven't really seen any need to be able to cover every possible opponent, so even if I run into an opponent that can nuke through Gustav or Henriette, it doesn't really cost anything to just surrender and find a new match.

Feud is basically just a ghost in the attic, and even if the ghost turns out the be real, you have 7 chances each week to delete your attic and get a new one.

EDIT: Damn, my luck is shit. Got Valentine Alfonse from my 5-star guaranteed pull.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Man, the artwork at the end was so great this year! It was so fun seeing so many of my favorites being represented! There were some hilarious pieces, too, like Gustav and Henriette romantically blasting away a bunch of foes with Alfonse and Sharena not sure how to take it in the background. XD Or just Summer Ashe and Summer Caspar goofing off in at least 2 of the pictures. XD

I'm so glad that the year 1 special units are finally becoming easier to get! The increase to the focus percentage on special banners is great, too! And I'm suuuper looking forward to the additions to the Heroes Journey mode!

And I'd talk about the new special banner on its own thread, but there isn't one at the time of this writing, so... Here I go! I'm DEFINITELY going for Valentine's Owain! Gotta love that sweet mamma's boy goof. I'm glad Lissa's free -- she's a fun one to be able to get from the TT+. I may go for Chrom and Robin's duo unit, too. I'm glad I've been saving my orbs (mostly)! All of them look good, really.

And man, looks like I probably missed the first day of A Hero Rises this year. I guess that's just as well since I'm not sure who to vote for. Guess I'll just throw votes on units I personally want unless I get persuaded to go one way or another by anyone here. (Yes, this is an invitation -- I want direction.) That said, if I don't like the unit, said unit won't get my votes, so it's kind of a balance.

Edit: Gave Pirate Surtr a vote.

Edited by Mercakete

Hero Fest was insane for me.
Went for the spark and on the way I got 2 L!Dimitri (merge project), 1 Yuri, 1 Plumeria, Special 4* Sumia and Ishtar. I sparked for Catria and using the last 2 tickets I got B!Edelgard AND Dedue. 8 5* units not counting the spark.

I have some orbs saved to spark on AHR if it is good value. Hoping for a stacked green banner. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The Valentine banner looks nice enough. Its just a shame we have two Robins instead of one....or none. I think they'd only really work on a valentine banner if accompanied by Morgan but they are sadly nowhere to be seen.

But Lucina, Owain and Lissa are good pics at least. 

You know, now that you mention it, I would have probably preferred a different split. Like... Lucina, Lissa, Owain, Chrom, and Emmeryn, or the Robins, the Morgans, and Validar. (I want to see Validar being a dad/grandpa, whether that involves Grimleal family traditions or not.) Emmeryn missing in this kind of reminds me of Sharena missing last year. All that said, I'm not unhappy with this official lineup either. I just want to see the Grimleal Family (with Robin in his/her right mind, probably being all "I don't know about this, dad.")

Chrom and Lissa not taking their big sister along to the festival has some unfortunate implications after all that's happened. Henriette and Gustav already locked poor Sharena in her room and went to celebrate with their mortal enemy last year, and now team Chrom is treating poor Emeryn like the lady from the attic. Even if its the pre brain damage Emeryn its still kinda ungrateful to snub the lady who raised them. 

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Chrom and Lissa not taking their big sister along to the festival has some unfortunate implications after all that's happened. Henriette and Gustav already locked poor Sharena in her room and went to celebrate with their mortal enemy last year, and now team Chrom is treating poor Emeryn like the lady from the attic. Even if its the pre brain damage Emeryn its still kinda ungrateful to snub the lady who raised them. 

Chrom and co could be from a point in time between when Emmeryn had her fall and when she was found in that far off village.

In other words, they might consider her dead for all they know and thus wouldn’t be an option to invite.

Man, these sparks are really wringing my orbs dry. I didn't expect a chance to spark Plumeria, whom I somehow still don't have (in either form!) despite being The Dancer Guy, and she's not coming back until September.

I'm already thinking of terrible Far Save-related things to do with that Armored Lissa. If only Def/Res Ideal 4 weren't locked to Pirate!Surtr... though Distant Def 4 might serve the same purpose.

I know Azura's remix was already slated for March, but I find it funnier to imagine she was going to get it this month only for Eir to violently garotte her and drag her off the stage.

God, thank you for giving us a stab at old seasonal units. Even the limited capacity of 4-Star Special is better than nothing.

17 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Summoner Duels S... what's next Summoner Duels T?

Followed by L, N, and E!

(If anyone got the reference, you're almost certainly older than I am.)

Sooooo... Will V!Lucina come with Future Vision? She doesn't have a special skill and she seems to be the 2nd star of the banner, so she'll surely have a good assist skill. It would be interesting for an armor, as it would give a little more mobility

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

(If anyone got the reference, you're almost certainly older than I am.)

I am 24 years old and I know what that is.

...wait what does that say about me?

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Chrom and co could be from a point in time between when Emmeryn had her fall and when she was found in that far off village.

In other words, they might consider her dead for all they know and thus wouldn’t be an option to invite.

I don't think that would have mattered. Greil, Rudolph, and Gustav are all dead as well, and the dialogue from each respective paralogue shows that the living characters are all post-death, yet they were still able to be reunited with... their fathers I guess is the case here.
This applies to the very first Valentine banner as well, though the time difference between Eliwood/Hector/Lyn and Roy/Lilina is far further than the time difference between the three dead dads above.

Point being, Emmeryn could have joined the festival even if she were still "dead" to Chrom and the others.

Edited by Xenomata

You guys are forgetting one very important thing.

Emmeryn's not a dad, therefore IS probably thinks she doesn't count for the theme. Chrom, on the other hand, is indeed a dad and counts because of that.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You guys are forgetting one very important thing.

Emmeryn's not a dad, therefore IS probably thinks she doesn't count for the theme. Chrom, on the other hand, is indeed a dad and counts because of that.

She's also not a mom, which seems to be the reasoning behind Lissa and Owain as a second parent-child set.

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I am 24 years old and I know what that is.

...wait what does that say about me?

That you're actually 8 years younger than me and have the ability to make me feel really old. Welp.

9 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

That you're actually 8 years younger than me and have the ability to make me feel really old. Welp.

I'm your age and I didn't get the reference.

Although my knowledge of anything pop culture is and always has been a void.

19 hours ago, Othin said:

She's also not a mom, which seems to be the reasoning behind Lissa and Owain as a second parent-child set.

Yeah. And since they're using Chrom (and Lissa) as the dead parents of the Valentine's banner it seems they decided not to do "dead parent(al figure)-ception" and have Chrom and Lissa interact with Emmeryn.

Like, I don't know, the Valentine's banner isn't - bad - but I am still bugged by female Robin getting a proper alt while male Robin is stuck with Chrom as a backpack. They both needed a proper alt that was not from year 1 or Grima. I just hope that IS doesn't count it as an alt for male Robin, because it's not.

10 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm your age and I didn't get the reference.

Although my knowledge of anything pop culture is and always has been a void.

I'm a year older, and I got the reference simply because it was the show that was always on during dinner while I was growing up.

Spoiler

R, S, T, L, N, and E, in that order, are the free letters for the final puzzle in Wheel of Fortune.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm a year older, and I got the reference simply because it was the show that was always on during dinner while I was growing up.

Hide contents

R, S, T, L, N, and E, in that order, are the free letters for the final puzzle in Wheel of Fortune.

No wonder I didn't get the reference, I actually never watched that even if know what it is.