I understand why this game is easy.

- Seth is in advanced class (Paladin) and his stats is extremely high

- More free battle (Enemy in map and Tower)

- Final Boss can be defeated faster by using strongest weapon and Myrrh

And all chapter I clear without problems except :

- Chapter 15 : Valter and Caellach. I was very trouble to defeat them I need Seth or is impossible for me.

- Chapter 19 : Fog and Defence. I haven't prepared many Defence unit and I don't know who they come because fog. Reset 2 times.

Edited by drattakbowser

The Demon Ship chapter is the only one I remember as being particularly troublesome. Though honestly it's been a super long time since I've played it legitimately, so maybe I just sucked back then.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 months later...

I'm currently playing through Sacred Stones Hard Mode and aiming for 0 deaths, which measn I've had to reset a lot. Sacred Stones is one of those games where if you challenge yourself to complete it properly, you *will* find it much more challenging than just reaching the basic requirements for victory. I found that if you made a mistake (like recklessly moving an injured unit into the range of an enemy) the game doesn't hesitate to punish you for it. Dealing with the reinforcements on most maps also forces you to play as efficiently as possible, or you'll lose a unit.

It's up to you whether you abuse arenas and the tower of Valni, and if you keep that to a minimum, hard mode is genuinely difficult. Chapter 6 in particular forced me to reset way too many times, even when I had Moulder use the Torch and made Seth charge at the boss. I ultimately had to get lucky with RNG to win the battle before the Bael ate the villagers. 

Most people seriously downplay the difficulty of FE8's hard mode in my opinion.

The enemies in FE 8 are far too weak. Someone needs to make and edit of Sacred Stones in which the enemies are actually threatening. Sacred Stones would be one of the best fire emblem games if someone added challenge to it. A fair enemy stat range for this game would be somewhere between shadow dragon H5, and new mystery lunatic, but with more reasonable enemy stats for the first few chapters. 

Edited by MadBoar

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, drattakbowser said:

- Seth is in advanced class (Paladin) and his stats is extremely high

- More free battle (Enemy in map and Tower)

- Final Boss can be defeated faster by using strongest weapon and Myrrh

And all chapter I clear without problems except :

- Chapter 15 : Valter and Caellach. I was very trouble to defeat them I need Seth or is impossible for me.

- Chapter 19 : Fog and Defence. I haven't prepared many Defence unit and I don't know who they come because fog. Reset 2 times.

Clearly you never played on Hard or tried to keep everyone alive. Chapter 11 and 14 are the hardest on Ephraim's route.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:07 PM, MadBoar said:

A fair enemy stat range for this game would be somewhere between shadow dragon H5, and new mystery lunatic

I would like it being tougher, but you could easily have done better than citing two of the most poorly designed difficulties in the series...

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would like it being tougher, but you could easily have done better than citing two of the most poorly designed difficulties in the series...

Have you played either of those modes?

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Have you played either of those modes?

No. I don't like taking forever on bosses where my best unit can barely outdamage their healing, and not only that, they hit stupidly hard to the point you pretty much have to break their weapon.

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

No. I don't like taking forever on bosses where my best unit can barely outdamage their healing, and not only that, they hit stupidly hard to the point you pretty much have to break their weapon.

Oh wow. Mir is presenting hinself as an expert critique on something he has never experienced.  I am so shocked :0

I'm playing Shadow Dragon H*5 right now and I find the difficulty excellent. Aside fron the prologue (which is only playable with a patch) the difficulty is steap, but you always have the tools to surmount it if you play well.

On 12/26/2022 at 6:50 AM, Jotari said:

Oh wow. Mir is presenting hinself as an expert critique on something he has never experienced.  I am so shocked :0

I'm playing Shadow Dragon H*5 right now and I find the difficulty excellent. Aside fron the prologue (which is only playable with a patch) the difficulty is steap, but you always have the tools to surmount it if you play well.

Well, excuuuuse me for actually having high standards about what a good difficulty should be!

Anyways, even putting aside my prominent enmity for SD, I'd consider how unfair the chapter 2 and 3 bosses are on H5 to really drag the game down; the fact they pretty much require breaking their weapons to kill is a Texas-sized red flag. And that ain't even the most egregious thing about it.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 12/28/2022 at 1:14 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Well, excuuuuse me for actually having high standards about what a good difficulty should be

By high stansadds you mean "I will prejudge everything without actually experiencing it"

Anyways, even putting aside my prominent enmity for SD, I'd consider how unfair the chapter 2 and 3 bosses are on H5 to really drag the game down; the fact they pretty much require breaking their weapons to kill is a Texas-sized red flag. And that ain't even the most egregious thing about it.

You don't have to break their weapons to beat them. My Marth was almost able to beat Hyman by himself using a Steel Sword.

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, myuma said:

I'm currently playing through Sacred Stones Hard Mode and aiming for 0 deaths, which measn I've had to reset a lot. Sacred Stones is one of those games where if you challenge yourself to complete it properly, you *will* find it much more challenging than just reaching the basic requirements for victory. I found that if you made a mistake (like recklessly moving an injured unit into the range of an enemy) the game doesn't hesitate to punish you for it. Dealing with the reinforcements on most maps also forces you to play as efficiently as possible, or you'll lose a unit.

It's up to you whether you abuse arenas and the tower of Valni, and if you keep that to a minimum, hard mode is genuinely difficult. Chapter 6 in particular forced me to reset way too many times, even when I had Moulder use the Torch and made Seth charge at the boss. I ultimately had to get lucky with RNG to win the battle before the Bael ate the villagers. 

Most people seriously downplay the difficulty of FE8's hard mode in my opinion.

I thought ch 6 was a bit of a trick

I wound up rescuing the villagers with Vanessa and handin em off to Seth and my promoted Lute, then waitin on the spider to show up so I could gang bang the boss shaman afterwards