Help with amiibo units

LJ_Reflet

Hey, so I just have a question about amiibo units, because I'm not sure if this was a glitch or if this was supposed to happen.

I have the Robin amiibo and I was able to recruit him (pretty early too, right before chapter 11). But when I recruited him, he ended up becoming an Einherjar unit (noted with the white background behind his portrait) so whenever he was in battle, his voice clips wouldn't trigger or anything. This was my first time using an amiibo honestly, so I thought it was supposed to be like this.

But then I've seen YouTube videos where all the amiibo units have voice clips and it kinda bothered me that my Robin was quiet, so I tested it out on my other 3DS (I have 2) and he was recruited like a normal unit (no white portrait background) and his voice clips worked fine.

I was able to fix it with save editing, so it wasn't too big of a deal, but does anybody know what could have caused this?

Some things I want to note is that the Einherjar-Robin was on my 3DS that was hacked so that I could use the gay marriage mod, and my 2nd 3DS (where he was recruited normally) isn't hacked. The gay marriage hack messes with the GameData.bin file where all the character info is stored, but I didn't see any flags for "guest" or "Einherjar" or anything.

I also waited several chapters before I was able to clear his Hero Battle since it was so early in the game and my team wasn't strong enough to battle them. I'm not sure if waiting or anything has anything to do with it, but I can't think of anything else lol.

Also, I acquired him totally legally lol. My 3DS is hacked, but I only did it for gay marriage, so I didn't actually hack him into my team or force his paralogue to show up.

Edited by LJ_Tenma