Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

30 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Remakes are a second chance, and if you're telling a two-part story that doesn't fully mesh well, remakes are the chance to make it mesh well. If that means changing characters' stories a bit to do so...then I say do it.

But it's not a two-part story, it's two separate stories. The plots of these games are not connected in any noteworthy way. Connecting them would require some pretty major changes, changes that FE remakes are not known to do.

33 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I imagine the OG FE 7 will make its way to NSO around the time a remake releases

...Why would they re-release the original at the same as a remake?

34 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Genealogy and and an Elibe duology have the power, as I see it, to satisfy old school fans, long-time fans, Awakening/Fates fans, and newcomers alike. They have the shipping and 2nd Gen mechanics that Awakening/Fates fans like, they both feature a game that maybe even long-time fans haven't played so it feels new, they'd have QoL updates and graphics for newcomers, and they're old games reimagined for old school fans. (Assuming the games are good.) Granted, everyone will still probably be a little annoyed - Mark will most likely be playable in an Elibe remake, shipping won't be a giant focus, things will be changed, not enough things will be changed, etc - but I still think these are the best moves for the franchise at this time. And while I think Genealogy is the better choice of the two at this time, I also have to admit I'm biased in wanting that - I haven't played Genealogy, so I want something new to me at least in gameplay regards. (I am very aware of the story, gameplay mechanics, and characters as both characters and units.) 

I mean, I don't think anyone here is against the idea of remakes in general, just combining two remakes into one. One game that tries to remake both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade will do neither game justice.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

So, as mentioned in the Three Warrior thread, we have 4Chan leaks!

So, what do y'all think?

so to sum up.. the leaks are all over the place? from genealogy or elibe remake, to remake first or new game first.

unless im reading it wrong, the leaker each say something different with each other. so we're back at square one i guess, which: it could be anything, at any time (within these 2 year)

three hopes leaks seem more interesting to guess since the game itself already showed partly.

33 minutes ago, joevar said:

three hopes leaks seem more interesting to guess since the game itself already showed partly.

Agreed.

33 minutes ago, joevar said:

so to sum up.. the leaks are all over the place? from genealogy or elibe remake, to remake first or new game first.

unless im reading it wrong, the leaker each say something different with each other. so we're back at square one i guess, which: it could be anything, at any time (within these 2 year)

Ha! More or less, yup. 

Most of the leaks nowadays are "sold" on two games - a new mainline game and a remake. The order of which, and what remake are left up in the air, but that's nothing new either. 

What makes this "leak" so interesting is that it becomes an "if...then..." statement that may validate the order of games and whatnot. If the information about Three Hopes is true, then we have a reason to believe that the information about FE 6/7 remake is true as well. However, that's not fully the case either. If the leaker got their sources from promotional material that will come out soon, then they may not actually know what's happening beyond what they gave us. If that's the case, then the "leak" is just a guess or hope. This overall line of speculation is what makes it exciting for me? Is this real? What can we take out of this that matches with what we know either about the game itself or games using the same hardware/engine/assets/etc? Is this promo material that's been given out for translation or whatnot, or is this someone who actually knows what IntSys is planning? 

54 minutes ago, Florete said:

The plots of these games are not connected in any noteworthy way. Connecting them would require some pretty major changes, changes that FE remakes are not known to do.

The plot of the prequel sets up the groundwork for main story. It tells us bits about the lore, gives us a deeper dive into the geopolitical nature of the continent, and introduces key players from the original, recontextualizing their stories. It's like the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars to the Original Trilogy of Star Wars. Yes, they're two different stories and can be told as such. But they also tell one longer story. 

Yes, you can start with Roy's tale, the same way you can start with Seliph's tale. They work completely fine on their own, and nothing is lost. But the nuance and emotional connection gained from starting with the respective boy's fathers (and Lyn) is what helps sell the story. Or it helps Seliph sell the story. Eliwood's is...less the case, but it could be the case. And yeah, FE remakes aren't known for big changes, but with the series at gaining new heights in popularity, why not try a risk or two on a remake now? The mainline games are pretty ambitious on their own, and I can see any game director taking that ambition into a remake as well. 

1 hour ago, Florete said:

...Why would they re-release the original at the same as a remake?

Why did Lucasfilm release KOTOR I & II onto the Switch mere months after announcing a remake? Why is Pokemon Silver available on the 3DS shop despite Gen 7 having come out a few months before IIRC? It's good promotion and can be seen as something of a peace offering. Not to mention that companies can effectively double dip on the same story. If people don't want the remake, they can play the original. If people like the original, then they can get excited about the remake. This works even better for an FE 6/7 remake because, by releasing the original Blazing Blade, they're still preserving half of the story for the new game, if that makes sense. It's like...hmm...imagine the old 1985 Dune movie. Imagine showing it to someone for the first time. It's a good movie, or at least I liked it. But then you cut it off halfway through, because you've come to a good stopping point. And then show them a trailer for the 2021 version and explain how they're going to see both Part 1 and Part 2 (coming 2023!). Sure, they can ask to finish the 1985 version - and indeed you can do so at a later time (a stand-in for FE 6's release to Western Audiences, if that wasn't clear) - but the 2021 version looks so much better, so much more complete, and so much more of an experience. 

I'm not sure if any of what I said above makes sense to you, but that's how I imagine it. 

I mean, I don't think anyone here is against the idea of remakes in general, just combining two remakes into one.

I understand that sentiment, but I've never shared it. 

One game that tries to remake both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade will do neither game justice.

Or it could succeed in telling one strong and cohesive story with far fewer plot and narrative inconsistencies than if they just remade the games separately. Yes, the games should be able to stand on their own, but it doesn't mean they can't work together to tell a single generational narrative either. And if people don't like it, that's what the rerelease of the original is for. Or rather, one of the reasons it's out there. 

9 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

What makes this "leak" so interesting is that it becomes an "if...then..." statement that may validate the order of games and whatnot.

yeah... basically any leaker now try to claim any possible combination or probability left, that at least one of them will become true and gain recognition as credible leaker. regardless if they are actually just guessing or actually heard from insider.

because even insider info could be wrong which im sure you know that too. thats just how it is in any company (plan vs realization) after all

9 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Or it could succeed in telling one strong and cohesive story with far fewer plot and narrative inconsistencies than if they just remade the games separately. Yes, the games should be able to stand on their own, but it doesn't mean they can't work together to tell a single generational narrative either. And if people don't like it, that's what the rerelease of the original is for. Or rather, one of the reasons it's out there.

somehow i was thinking the probable Elibe "echoes" will consist of two separate game bundled into one. im pretty sure some re-release or remaster of old game have done that

i was hoping more they added more nuance, details, and maybe changes to existing plot rather than combining those two game. but thats just wishful thinking

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread is basically dead, but does anyone know if any other rumors have been bubbling to the surface? I know it's full promotion mode for the new Warriors game coming out later this month, but is there a chance we'll hear about a new mainline/remake soon?

42 minutes ago, JoeShmoe102 said:

I know this thread is basically dead, but does anyone know if any other rumors have been bubbling to the surface? I know it's full promotion mode for the new Warriors game coming out later this month, but is there a chance we'll hear about a new mainline/remake soon?

Oh hey, Xavier: Renegade Angel. Now that was a, uh...I don't know if it was a good show, but definitely a great glimpse into the odd parts of a better time.

I'm kind of hoping for Fates II: Fate Harder. I forgot how good Conquest is.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:35 PM, JoeShmoe102 said:

Nothing more than speculation at this time in conjunction with a new Direct. I'm sure when the Direct is announced we'll get a LOT more speculation. For now, all eyes are focused on Three Hopes, the demo, and the datamine. 

If we hear about a new game, it'll be during the Direct as a new surprise, although I'm putting at a 50/50 shot at this time. The Direct already has its fair share of heavy-hitters in terms of Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, whatever Zelda thing may or may not come out this year, Bayonetta 3, and Mario + Rabbids 2. Metroid Prime 4 probably needs an update too. But all of those are known entities, so a mainline Fire Emblem game fitting in as the "big surprise" would be nice. 

Anyways, if we don't hear about a new mainline/remake FE game in June, our next best bets are in the September Direct, and next year's February Direct. 

Last week there was a potential date leak of June 15 for a Direct due to a leaked NDA. Now it's speculated to be June 28/29 by Alanah Pierce and backed up by Direct Feed Games and GameXplain. I'm not sure how trustworthy DFG or Alanah Pierce are, but Alanah probably has some great insider connections. GameXplain, while I'm not a fan of the some of the stories the former cast at Good Vibes Gaming - who I prefer and like much more - share, does have a solid history and historically has had some good scoops and reporting on findings and whatnot.

I bring this up here because if we do get a Direct around that time, I think a Fire Emblem announcement is possible. I can see us getting a quick "It's out buy it now!" reminder trailer for Three Hopes, along with the promise of some future DLC expansion, and then a "more details at a later date...but that's not all that's happening in the Fire Emblem world. Take a look," leading into a trailer/teaser for a new game. 

A late June Direct makes me wonder about the September Direct. Are we getting one in early September? Or will we have a Splatoon-focused one instead? Gah, I don't know. The point is that if we get a Direct after Three Hopes releases, the chances of a new FE game being announced rise higher. 

What do you think of the Emily Rogers new mainline FE leak?

Spoiler

I'm not at all a fan of the Heroes-esque summon gimmick. Sounds dumb. But it is a way to bring the characters I want into the Fire Emblem/Koei engine for a future Fire Emblem Warriors Ultimate, and I live for that.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Hide contents

I'm not at all a fan of the Heroes-esque summon gimmick. Sounds dumb. But it is a way to bring the characters I want into the Fire Emblem/Koei engine for a future Fire Emblem Warriors Ultimate, and I live for that.

Spoiler

It's very funny to me. If this leak is real then that means Intsys was so shameless from Heroes' billion dollar status that they made a console variant. 

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just read it myself.

Spoiler

I'm leaning on it being more of an anniversary game instead of an actual mainline, so this means there may be 3 FE projects going on at once. (Mainline, Remake, Anniversary)

Either way, I'll have to see the summoning gimmick and how it is incorporated into the title. If it's a bonus like Awakening but with more flair, then I'll give it more leeway. If the summoning is the main component of the title, then I'll have a lot of questions on how the story will go.
-- Some are saying it's basically Fire Emblem Heroes, but as an actual FE title. Who knows how the setting will be connected, if at all.

Basically, give me a trailer and I'll see how things go from there. For now, I'll give it the benefit of a doubt of being good, and the summons thing makes sense if its an anniversary title. I just hope the core game and story will be good, as I don't want another Fates with an amazing premise but terrible execution. (Fate's story was terrible. Characters were average, but the music and the gameplay of Conquest are amazing.)

Just now, Sire said:

Just read it myself.

Hide contents

I'm leaning on it being more of an anniversary game instead of an actual mainline, so this means there may be 3 FE projects going on at once. (Mainline, Remake, Anniversary)

Either way, I'll have to see the summoning gimmick and how it is incorporated into the title. If it's a bonus like Awakening but with more flair, then I'll give it more leeway. If the summoning is the main component of the title, then I'll have a lot of questions on how the story will go.
-- Some are saying it's basically Fire Emblem Heroes, but as an actual FE title. Who knows how the setting will be connected, if at all.

Basically, give me a trailer and I'll see how things go from there. For now, I'll give it the benefit of a doubt of being good, and the summons thing makes sense if its an anniversary title. I just hope the core game and story will be good, as I don't want another Fates with an amazing premise but terrible execution. (Fate's story was terrible. Characters were average, but the music and the gameplay of Conquest are amazing.)

Spoiler

I feel like Intsys has zero standard on what's considered mainline anymore. BS FE was once considered mainline and Heroes has been placed among them. This new title wouldn't be any different to me. It's a full fledged mainline game either way.

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What new leak? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.

My source was Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/vbptxe/potential_leak_for_next_mainline_fire_emblem/

EDIT: Did some digging in the actual source (not Reddit), and found a potential leak for a different game near to me. It's apparently gonna be on Playstation.
-- I know it's not FE related, but it is an SRPG. Just need a small outlet to let the world know.

Back to the FE Leak, a thought I had...

Spoiler

I wonder if the story may be a reboot of FE:Warriors. The primary conflict will take place in the summoner's world, but other characters can appear and offer their input from their journeys on whatever is going on. This way, this new world is the primary focus, and not the past FE settings.

...or alternatively they just do "The Best Of FE" and toss in all the best maps and moments into one game for some reason. Who knows.

Edited by Sire

40 minutes ago, Sire said:
Spoiler

I really hope this isn't true, because it's essentially going to be FEW all over again with only popular characters getting into the game. I'm a bit curious on the mom being a dragon thing? Could we potentially get a Manakete lord? or is he going to be another incarnation of Al and Corrin, with being a sword lord and the dragon part barely holding any weight in the story. 

Spoiler

I'm curious on the approach for this hypothetical game. Will it be another recency bias fest or will they at least try to show some lessons learnt from Heroes.

Ugh. I just want to click on units and tell them where to go. Can we get a game where that is the focus again?

If there is a Direct this month (the internet is literally pinning their hopes on EVERY Wednesday until one does get announced. Mark my words) they're not talking about a new Fire Emblem until Three Hopes is at least a month old. IntSys and KT already learned their lesson when making FEW and FEH with the same gosh darned premise and stock characters.

19 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Ugh. I just want to click on units and tell them where to go. Can we get a game where that is the focus again?

If there is a Direct this month (the internet is literally pinning their hopes on EVERY Wednesday until one does get announced. Mark my words) they're not talking about a new Fire Emblem until Three Hopes is at least a month old. IntSys and KT already learned their lesson when making FEW and FEH with the same gosh darned premise and stock characters.

I mean... Warriors was considered a success tho and Heroes blew up. I don't think anything changes if they reveal a new FE, that'd potentially bring more hype and attention to FE as a franchise too.

23 minutes ago, Seazas said:

I mean... Warriors was considered a success tho and Heroes blew up. I don't think anything changes if they reveal a new FE, that'd potentially bring more hype and attention to FE as a franchise too.

I didn't say a word about the success of either game but I guess I do need to spell out what I meant. In one of the many outrageous developer interviews for FE Warriors, they had a mishap with their original characters being too close to the ones in Heroes. Down to having the same background. These two companies coordinate much closer now, five years later. And they wouldn't jeapordize the success of one game by trying to sell two at once. Let the new game breathe first.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Reveal hidden contents

Me neither, it sounds like a stupid attempt at including gatcha mechanics in a mainline FE game, which we do not need. There`s already enough RNG in these games, we don`t need more.

The main lord having red and blue hair is oddly specific. We have had plenty of Lords with blue hair and the Elibe duo have red hair, but outside of Heroes, no Lords have had dual hair colours. Just sounds like an odd detail to focus on.

Mentioning that "his" mother is a dragon is interesting. As far as I know, the only FE Lord who has a direct dragon parent is Corrin (and Al if you count his manga) , and they could turn into a dragon themselves. 

Not sure if I like the "FEH as a mainline FE game" statement, I would rather they keep FEH its own thing.

I have a feeling that if the leak is true, this game will probably be even more divisive than Fates. The summoning mechanic is quite fanservice-y and on top of that, if Gust is doing the visuals, I'm expecting characters in a similar style as the Atelier games - very colourful and over the top - which I think a decent amount of the fanbase will dislike (but I personally don't mind).