Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stay positive until they show the trailer, not point on getting disappointed about something that could be done in so many ways, specially since Emily said that there would be a ton of new characters and that the ones from old games would be a minority, so it shouldn't be something like warriors or a "best of".

It's super unlikely, but if they do this I'd want them to take the characters from a point in time after the games, something like 30 years old Marth or Alm and Celica in their 50's.

11 hours ago, Seazas said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's very funny to me. If this leak is real then that means Intsys was so shameless from Heroes' billion dollar status that they made a console variant. 

I mean

Spoiler

Pokemon did it with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee - they took a massively popular gameplay and style and retrofitted the first game's world and story (in a way) to make it work for nostalgia. 

13 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

What do you think of the Emily Rogers new mainline FE leak?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not at all a fan of the Heroes-esque summon gimmick. Sounds dumb. But it is a way to bring the characters I want into the Fire Emblem/Koei engine for a future Fire Emblem Warriors Ultimate, and I live for that.

I just saw it not ten minutes ago! I'm...torn. From how Emily describes it and from what Nate said months ago, I'm not really feeling it, but I'm very willing to see how it looks before I judge it. I do think that it's an interesting approach and a good way to do what Heroes did for the crowd that either left or for those who don't like the game. 

However, there are some interesting and alleviating tidbits, as some have noticed:

Spoiler

The focus on heroes "from the past" may not mean Outerrealms or too much crossover stuff. We also know that our hero is half-dragon, which means that they're from a world where dragons exist and can at least in theory, have a child. After all, new story doesn't necessarily mean new world.  

There are a few more, but I need to go. 

Lastly, I'll say that if the game has been done for over a year, then I'm a little curious as to why IntSys and crew have been sitting on it. 2021 would have been a great time to release a new FE in 2021 and to give fans a nice break before coming back to Fodlan. I guess they didn't want people to forget about Fodlan? If they've been sitting on it for over a year, what have they been working on since? And assuming Emily and Nate are right, will we see this new Fire Emblem soon?

EDIT: Just a thought I had while I was out: 

What if this game leads into a proper FEW 2? The main premise of the game seems to be something ripe for crossovers, Nintendo and now more specifically IntSys have a good working relationship with KT, and Three Hopes - assuming it does well - may set up a pattern of doing a mainline game and then a potential Warriors-style spin-off/sequel down the line. Doing so with this game may be the perfect way to have a sequel to a potentially popular game while also providing fans with what they asked for all those years ago. Two birds, one stone. 

But those are MAJOR hypotheticals that depend on information we don't have a speculation we can't really verify. But that's part of the fun of speculating responsibly. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

14 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Yeah, this kinda reminds me of the "Vampire Emblem" leaks we had a couple of years ago. As usual, I will wait until we get official confirmation before judging this new "game".

They should actually make that though. Castlevania Emblem would be legit.

53 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Bare in mind that Three Houses also probably would have been poorly received if it were leaked out of context.

"What is this Hogwarts shit, lol? This isn't FE."

While I don't like what I'm hearing either, I think it's important to withhold real judgment until we see it.

Agreed. I mean, this is just one mechanic, it may not even be a big deal. Awakening had spotpass "heroes from the past" and that had very little effect on the quality of the game.

That said, the word "squad" has me concerned I hope that's just a weird choice of word, and not indicative of going full Valkyria Revolution.

People generally responded positively to Vampire Emblem as a concept (and sometimes asked if we could go back to that when the school rpg was revealed in its place). Most of the skepticism of that game's potential quality was just "this sounds a lot like Fates". But even Fates' biggest detractors can admit that Fates isn't a flawed game on a conceptual level. Forgetting the execution of that game for a moment, a lot of Fates is ideas that Fire Emblem fans had been asking for since GBA era: Manakete protagonist, whole-game-length route splits that change the entire story, multiplayer suite where you can build a map to fight players on and even import your create-a-character into another person's game. 

And while I can't speak to how we'd respond to 'Fire Emblem Persona' if it leaked in 2017, the leaks we did get largely salvaged Three Houses. At least until we got more hands on demos of the game. We went gaga over the idea of a Timeskip where you fight the other houses (It's FE4 Dude! Dimitri WITH AN EYEPATCH WHOAAAAA)

Just now, Zapp Branniglenn said:

People generally responded positively to Vampire Emblem as a concept (and sometimes asked if we could go back to that when the school rpg was revealed in its place). Most of the skepticism of that game's potential quality was just "this sounds a lot like Fates". But even Fates' biggest detractors can admit that Fates isn't a flawed game on a conceptual level. Forgetting the execution of that game for a moment, a lot of Fates is ideas that Fire Emblem fans had been asking for since GBA era: Manakete protagonist, whole-game-length route splits that change the entire story, multiplayer suite where you can build a map to fight players on and even import your create-a-character into another person's game. 

I mean, Eternal Poison was freaking awesome, its only downside was that it was stupidly difficult. I like the concept, though.

I'm ok with a radical shake up of fire emblem from an aesthetics/story/concept perspective, I just want them to keep the gameplay the same.

13 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I didn't say a word about the success of either game but I guess I do need to spell out what I meant. In one of the many outrageous developer interviews for FE Warriors, they had a mishap with their original characters being too close to the ones in Heroes. Down to having the same background. These two companies coordinate much closer now, five years later. And they wouldn't jeapordize the success of one game by trying to sell two at once. Let the new game breathe first.

Announcing one and releasing it much later from Three Hopes wouldn't jeopardize it. 

32 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Announcing one and releasing it much later from Three Hopes wouldn't jeopardize it. 

It does because anybody on the fence about Three Hopes could see the new announcement and decide "that's more worth my money. I'll pass on the spinoff and wait for the main game next year". There's a science to how publishers announce and release games. And if only five percent of people have that specific reaction, five percent of sales to something easily preventable would be a catastrophic loss.

Spoiler

There is always going to be some kind of new mechanic, and I'm open to a new twist in game play.

However the new mechanic works, I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with amiibo or amiibo cards. Imagine all the FE characters as collectable amiibo cards that you can use to summon your favorite characters into battle. Scalpers would have a field day. I've already done my time with Animal Crossing.

46 minutes ago, grin_fish said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There is always going to be some kind of new mechanic, and I'm open to a new twist in game play.

However the new mechanic works, I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with amiibo or amiibo cards. Imagine all the FE characters as collectable amiibo cards that you can use to summon your favorite characters into battle. Scalpers would have a field day. I've already done my time with Animal Crossing.

Fortunately

Spoiler

Previous Amiibo/Cipher-based DLC was available for purchase without the Amiibo. I bought Ike's DLC map, class, and unit for Fates without ever needing the Smash Bros Ike Amiibo. The only exception was Minerva in Fates, I think.

27 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Fortunately

Hide contents

Previous Amiibo/Cipher-based DLC was available for purchase without the Amiibo. I bought Ike's DLC map, class, and unit for Fates without ever needing the Smash Bros Ike Amiibo. The only exception was Minerva in Fates, I think.

That's good to know! If they do go that route then I prefer it all being more like DLC and less like knick-knacks. 

I just looked at the original leak and  the words that are bolded make me think that

Spoiler

the story might take place in the future of a previous FE world(which would limit where we see returning characters from) or a whole new world with time traveling shenanigans. 

It's just fun to speculate. 

6 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

It would certainly be a interesting entry, but yes, it would be great to see it become a reality.

Wasn't there a thread about how Castlevania Emblem: Dracula of the Knight might have worked in practice? I feel like there had to have been. I am almost certain I posted in such a thread.

Edit: I was thinking of this post, which is not at all what I remembered it being.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

supposedly, a fe4 remake is being developed at the same time, and the screenshots are old

This makes sense, if Emily is right, since she backed up Nate the Hate, who talked about an FE4 remake before the February Direct IIRC. (It was before Three Hopes was announced, he talked about a new mainline game this year and a Genealogy remake next year.) 

I'm staying away from the pictures, but I just found out! Man, this past week has been good to Fire Emblem fans. Heck, these past 24-30 hours have been great! Even if none of it's true, it's always fun to have leaks, rumors, and speculation to base discussion off of, until the real thing comes out, and we get even more stuff to speculate on. 

I have no other major thoughts at the moment, but I'm excited to see how the leaks and rumors ultimately resolve themselves for this one!

16 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Lastly, I'll say that if the game has been done for over a year, then I'm a little curious as to why IntSys and crew have been sitting on it. 2021 would have been a great time to release a new FE in 2021 and to give fans a nice break before coming back to Fodlan. I guess they didn't want people to forget about Fodlan? If they've been sitting on it for over a year, what have they been working on since? And assuming Emily and Nate are right, will we see this new Fire Emblem soon?

There's a few potential reasons why this project has been waiting in Nintendo's basement:

• Nintendo itself doesn't want to publish it yet. Out of all of the major gaming companies, Nintendo has the biggest sense of branding and probably the biggest sense of control when it comes to the releases of their first party games. There quite a few first party games (as well as some major third party releases) released last year, like Miitopia, Warioware, No More Heroes III, SMT V, Bravely Default II, Pokemon Snap, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, NEO: The World Ends With You, Mario Party Superstars, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Golf: Super Rush, and Metroid Dread. These are a lot of titles they're already trying to push. They may want to save some other heavy hitters for the following year or two. They can afford to shelve Fire Emblem for future use.
  • They might have wanted to wrap up Fodlan's story first. There was a lot of cut content from Three Houses, and it's possible they wanted to share what was cut before moving on to the next game.
  • The practice of putting a game on the waitlist is quite common in the industry. It gives higher ups time to decide whether or not it meets the quality and branding that the particular series is known for and if it strengthens the IP.
  • "Completed" is rather vague to me. The screenshots that match up with Emily's claim were WIP pictures. It's possible the story and art may have been completed, but not the UI and gameplay mechanics.

As for what else Intelligent Systems may work on, they have a few choices. Int Sys is also known for Advance Wars and Paper Mario, so they may develop a new title for that. I think I also read somewhere that Intelligent Systems also has a department that works on creating software (and maybe hardware) for Nintendo products. With Switch 2 rumors, it's possible they're making the next gen console.

8 hours ago, Seazas said:

It wouldn't jeopardize it, but it may kill a lot of interest for Three Hopes. Three Hopes is already a spinoff, so it's already not going to sell well as a mainline game. If there was a trailer for a brand new Fire Emblem, most people would express interest in that game and any information they can get from that, distracting people from Three Hopes. What their plan may be is to have a Nintendo Direct the day Three Hopes releases (June 24) that way they can say "It releases today!" And then they can drop the announcement trailer for the new Fire Emblem. But right now, it's best to hype up Three Hopes until release.

I think Dandy Druid has the right idea.

We know that Mario Galaxy was delayed, despite being finished, so it wouldn’t cannibalize or be cannibalized by Smash Bros Brawl. It’s hardly a jump to think that Nintendo wouldn’t want Three Hopes to compete with this title.

By extension, Fire Emblem titles have been on 3 year release cycles, and IS likes to announce Fire Emblem games LONG before they’re ready. So not only are we due, but the ~real~ question is why we’re just learning about it. Like, what changed internally specifically.

(I’m also laughing at the Reddit topic. The purported screenshots are from an early build. Stuff changes and gets polished. That’s hardly reason to doubt the credibility. I mean, there ~are~ good reasons to be skeptical, but having a knee jerk dislike to the art style is hardly one of them.)