Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a night of sleeping on it, I actually like the design a bit more and am excited to see how it fits into the game. 

But if these leaks do come from a real Fire Emblem game, a Genealogy remake is on its way, and Three Hopes needs an announcement about its DLC plan, I'm starting to think that we be better off with a 5-10 minute Fire Emblem Direct instead of taking up roughly five minutes of a Direct. Then again, if it shows up at a Treehouse...idk, there are too many ways this could go. 

Something I just realized: I remember hearing that one of the details of the leak was that this was planned to be released for the 30th Anniversary of Fire Emblem. But that would've been in 2020. 6 months to a year and a half after the release of Three Houses. If that was indeed one of the details of the leak... I smell BS there.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

After a night of sleeping on it, I actually like the design a bit more and am excited to see how it fits into the game. 

But if these leaks do come from a real Fire Emblem game, a Genealogy remake is on its way, and Three Hopes needs an announcement about its DLC plan, I'm starting to think that we be better off with a 5-10 minute Fire Emblem Direct instead of taking up roughly five minutes of a Direct. Then again, if it shows up at a Treehouse...idk, there are too many ways this could go. 

You know, I genuinely do not remember when FEW's dlc was announced. Was it concurrent with launch, or did it get announced later?

I know with Age of Calamity, its dlc was announced later, but it was also totally unplanned for.

26 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You know, I genuinely do not remember when FEW's dlc was announced. Was it concurrent with launch, or did it get announced later?

I know with Age of Calamity, its dlc was announced later, but it was also totally unplanned for.

I believe it was pretty concurrent with launch, the season pass was released pretty early on, if not available to pre-order same day, since Lucina's Bridal Outfit was part of it. It definitely did not had the lengthy gap between its development Age of Calamity did.

On the subject of the leak, I believe in it, this is way too much effort to fake and many of the details line up with Fire Emblem tradition for me to write it off as a Chinese bootleg or different game all together that leakers somehow got confused by. It's honestly more insane how many people don't believe in it because it is "too ugly"...

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Something I just realized: I remember hearing that one of the details of the leak was that this was planned to be released for the 30th Anniversary of Fire Emblem. But that would've been in 2020. 6 months to a year and a half after the release of Three Houses. If that was indeed one of the details of the leak... I smell BS there.

Yeah, it's definitely one detail that makes me suspicious. Another is it's already in Chinese even though they claim it's an "older build." Localization doesn't happen that early in development, that's done later due to having more stable code. It being sat on for a year also doesn't make sense. People bring up Xenoblade, but that's just a few months, not sitting on it for a year when they could be releasing it. Furthermore, like I've said, Rogers has a history of making stuff up, piggybacking off other people's stories, or even just outright stealing them and passing them off as her own. Hell, one time she got duped by a false leak of a Starfox racing game and instead of admitting she screwed up (she also never admits fault) she proceeded to make up a conspiracy theory that it was a false flag operation Nintendo make to weed out leakers. Just...what? Talk about trying to make yourself a main character. Again, too much of this is really suspect

Edited by Aiddon
additional info

39 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

Yeah, it's definitely one detail that makes me suspicious. Another is it's already in Chinese even though they claim it's an "older build." Localization doesn't happen that early in development, that's done later due to having more stable code. It being sat on for a year also doesn't make sense. People bring up Xenoblade, but that's just a few months, not sitting on it for a year when they could be releasing it. Furthermore, like I've said, Rogers has a history of making stuff up, piggybacking off other people's stories, or even just outright stealing them and passing them off as her own. Hell, one time she got duped by a false leak of a Starfox racing game and instead of admitting she screwed up (she also never admits fault) she proceeded to make up a conspiracy theory that it was a false flag operation Nintendo make to weed out leakers. Just...what? Talk about trying to make yourself a main character. Again, too much of this is really suspect

It's likely that it isn't a Traditional Chinese localization as it is a build for the Taiwanese Koei-Tecmo team (Hong Kong/Taiwan use Traditional Chinese, mainland use Simplified). You can outsource and localize at the same time!
And things are localized in between builds all the time, that's how we get cut content that is in English like Yusuke's Romance Route for Persona 4 or Felix/Annette's betrayal in Three Houses. Three Houses have plenty of builds we the public WITNESSEED that had to be translated despite the game's incompleteness and visual fidelity not being set in stone between its trailers

And while Rogers is unreliable, she herself is not the person behind the image leaks, given that it is established already it is multiple people. Rogers herself admitted that she never seen those images or the protagonist (she said they were male, this is the female version). The only real way Rogers's unreliability could be a factor is if this is a fake game made by people who spent months tricking multiple journalists, Rogers included, into believing its real and coordinated the reveal some hours later with her reveal, then later revealing the frontal shot for more credibility, while also making sure it is not the same pictures that she seen. Or that Rogers and other journos were confused/lied to, that it is a real game that isn't Fire Emblem and they never bothered to check the source on what Fire Emblem is supposed to look like, where they supposed to come by, and what even is a Fire Emblem. Which is...

Listen, these people are terrible at their jobs but not that terrible...
I feel like you are putting a little too much stock on "sat on for a year". Game devs are antsy people, they do like to keep working on "complete" games for a good while, and I can imagine COVID and quarantines forcing some schedule shifts and missing a deadline for an anniversary title sounds reasonable. It sounds more like initial release windows was for 2020, likely early 2021 should things go bad or they can't rush it, then COVID happen and threw any deadline out the window. 3 years between FE games is actually pretty uncommon, especially when an engine for the modern console is already made.

34 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

And while Rogers is unreliable, she herself is not the person behind the image leaks, given that it is established already it is multiple people. Rogers herself admitted that she never seen those images or the protagonist (she said they were male, this is the female version). The only real way Rogers's unreliability could be a factor is if this is a fake game made by people who spent months tricking multiple journalists, Rogers included, into believing its real and coordinated the reveal some hours later with her reveal, then later revealing the frontal shot for more credibility, while also making sure it is not the same pictures that she seen. Or that Rogers and other journos were confused/lied to, that it is a real game that isn't Fire Emblem and they never bothered to check the source on what Fire Emblem is supposed to look like, where they supposed to come by, and what even is a Fire Emblem. Which is...

Listen, these people are terrible at their jobs but not that terrible...

Except Rogers is so bad at her job that she got fooled into believing a fake leak and then proceeded to invent a bizarro conspiracy theory about it being some false flag operation that was targeting leakers. Because like most mediocrities she has to believe she's the center of the universe. She should have been exiled after that, but because she's never faced any repercussions for her nonsense of course she's going to keep doing it. Why change if no one calls you out? Because of that there is no reason to trust her, this leak, or anyone else about it. She has no one to blame but herself for that.

And this is the reality: this is just a rumor. It's just random screenshots with nothing to back it up and a lot of suspect details that make no sense. It's better to be skeptical until more surfaces. 

Edited by Aiddon
additional info

Star Fox 2 was a 100% completed game and didn't release for 20 years.

The game supposedly being held back is just not a reason at all to not believe the leak. And the reason is right in front of us; they don't want it to cannibalize Three Hopes. Interest in a Fodlan Warriors will be much, much lower if some other FE game in a new continent comes out in the meantime.

Nintendo is not some small indie studio who will release their game as soon as it's finished. They have schedules and huge marketing campaigns. If a game needs to be held back for a year to be properly marketed and fit into their release schedule, that's what they'll do.

47 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

Except Rogers is so bad at her job that she got fooled into believing a fake leak and then proceeded to invent a bizarro conspiracy theory about it being some false flag operation that was targeting leakers. Because like most mediocrities she has to believe she's the center of the universe. She should have been exiled after that, but because she's never faced any repercussions for her nonsense of course she's going to keep doing it. Why change if no one calls you out? Because of that there is no reason to trust her, this leak, or anyone else about it. She has no one to blame but herself for that.

And this is the reality: this is just a rumor. It's just random screenshots with nothing to back it up and a lot of suspect details that make no sense. It's better to be skeptical until more surfaces. 

It isn't that I disagree with the facts that game journos are terrible or you should be skeptical, it more that ignoring every context for the sake of disillusionment isn't healthy skepticism. You can say things like "Koei-Tecmo doesn't do Chinese games", "Fire Emblem doesn't get new games", or "Games never get leaked" as reasons to be skeptical, but that doesn't make you sound reasonable. I will say you don't need reasons to not believe in something, the burden of proof is on the leak to prove its legitimacy, but I would say if you are trying to convince others your point, this isn't strong reasons.

Rogers being a bad leaker/journo doesn't discredit the other people that provided content, nor does it say she makes her own fake leaks, and I cannot say in good conscious I wouldn't get tricked or believe myself that everything wasn't a setup to root out spies (we know some companies like Bethesda have done things like that, especially since leaks are legal nightmares). And the idea that everyone is coordinating some kind of op to make fake things, down to managing to nail Gust's artstyle to back up another leaker's information, sounds more like a conspiracy theory than what you brought up.

The real reality is that there's a game there. Maybe its some kind of student project riding coattails. Maybe its a cancelled project. Maybe it a Chinese knockoff. Or maybe it is the real Fire Emblem. I think, past any skepticism, that's still super exciting and worth the look into.

Technically, 95-99% completed. Never was 100% 'til the full SNES mini release, which added some much needed final polish to the game, it is pretty well known the old beta dumps that people managed to get their hands on weren't the full experience.

Edited by KoriCongo

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

The game supposedly being held back is just not a reason at all to not believe the leak. And the reason is right in front of us; they don't want it to cannibalize Three Hopes. Interest in a Fodlan Warriors will be much, much lower if some other FE game in a new continent comes out in the meantime.

Nintendo is not some small indie studio who will release their game as soon as it's finished. They have schedules and huge marketing campaigns. If a game needs to be held back for a year to be properly marketed and fit into their release schedule, that's what they'll do.

They claim it was made for the 30th anniversary. A year after Three Houses. That makes no sense; you can't make a full mainline FE in a year, especially when Three Houses was deep into its DLC releases. And even with Nintendo being a big company, even they wouldn't site on a finished game for a whole year, they would have found someplace to release it. Hell, why wouldn't it release earlier this year considering the thin release calendar? There's just too much that's fishy or suspect about it. 

5 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

They claim it was made for the 30th anniversary. A year after Three Houses. That makes no sense; you can't make a full mainline FE in a year, especially when Three Houses was deep into its DLC releases.

I don't fully get this part myself, but there are a lot of employees between IS and Koei Tecmo, so multiple titles could be getting worked on at once.

And even with Nintendo being a big company, even they wouldn't site on a finished game for a whole year, they would have found someplace to release it. Hell, why wouldn't it release earlier this year considering the thin release calendar? There's just too much that's fishy or suspect about it. 

I literally explained in the post you quoted why this could be the case.

Edited by Florete

Just now, Florete said:

I don't fully get this part myself, but IS is a big company and could have been working on multiple titles at once.

IS had to use KOEI to do the bulk of the actual development on Three Houses because it required additional staff to really make the game the biggest and best it could be. Plus they were working on Paper Mario and WarioWare as well, so not exactly a light schedule to fit in another mainline entry in their premier franchise on top of them consulting on story stuff for Three Hopes.

And well, there's also the big problem when it comes to these screens: if they were real they would have been taken down by now. Nintendo does not screw around with leaks

If this end up being a real Fire Emblem instead of a chinese knockoff, I'll commit Sudoku.
What in the hell is that hair, those beards, those....everything! The graphism are worse than TH, or dare I say, Sw and Sh.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It looking like shit makes it more believable.

Because a faker would at least try to make it look desirable.

We live in a society.

11 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

And well, there's also the big problem when it comes to these screens: if they were real they would have been taken down by now. Nintendo does not screw around with leaks

Nintendo can't take down just anything. They can hit YouTube videos, but these leaks aren't originating on YouTube. 4chan, Discord, and Reddit aren't places Nintendo can just waltz in and delete stuff from.

This also isn't Smash Bros. Nintendo doesn't go after every single leak for every release they have. A Fire Emblem leak is probably pretty low priority for them.

Edited by Florete

You can even still look at the real Smash Bros. and Pokemon leaks too.
Ubisoft even made fun of the fact that Mario + Rabbids got leaked on their E3 show.

Taking down leaks is just too much effort. It is easier to try and make sure it doesn't get out than to put the genie in the bottle.

49 minutes ago, Florete said:

Nintendo can't take down just anything. They can hit YouTube videos, but these leaks aren't originating on YouTube. 4chan, Discord, and Reddit aren't places Nintendo can just waltz in and delete stuff from.

This also isn't Smash Bros. Nintendo doesn't go after every single leak for every release they have. A Fire Emblem leak is probably pretty low priority for them.

Uh, Reddit gets copyright strikes all the time and entire sub-reddits can be nuked for sharing leaks. Same with Discord, they have rules about that in their TOS which is why a lot of Discord servers are cagey about leaks like that. 4chan is the only one they can't due to it being a cesspool, but a lot of other stuff is fair game. I'm sorry, but this is just getting desperate. Again, came from a suspect source, fishy details, none of it trustworthy.

Uh, Reddit gets copyright strikes all the time and entire sub-reddits can be nuked for sharing leaks. Same with Discord, they have rules about that in their TOS which is why a lot of Discord servers are cagey about leaks like that. 4chan is the only one they can't due to it being a cesspool, but a lot of other stuff is fair game. I'm sorry, but this is just getting desperate. Again, came from a suspect source, fishy details, none of it trustworthy.

You got examples of this? Why is the FE subreddit doing nothing about this if it's such a potential risk? And you can't say it's because they don't believe it's real, because even the slightest chance of it being real would be enough to take the precaution in the face of such a risk. I mean, there is straight up a Gaming Leaks and Rumors subreddit, how is that a thing at all? Same with Discord, except in their case it's typically much harder to track down where a leak like this might have come from to begin with, making the task more effort than it's worth.

You're the one who sounds desperate to me. Skepticism is fine, but you're going out of your way to make reasons why you think it's fake, and they're all flimsy. It sounds like you just don't want it to be real. For the record, I don't care one way or another if it's real.

Also @Robert Stewart is correct in that Nintendo might not want to take them down because doing so would just confirm that they're real and bring more attention to it via Streisand Effect.

Taking down full subreddits happens only on really really big piracy subs. Other than that links are just removed and only on big subs like r/soccer posting goals. They don't nuke that sub even with secondly copy right violations lol.

So yeah, no, subs won't be taken down because of this.

Gaming leaks subreddit still exists. Alot of animemanga subs with copyrighted stuff still do. FE leaks isn't enough of a reason to shut down a sub. At most delete the post

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Did Nintendo ever take down the accurate Three Houses leaks? I refuse to believe that someone would put this much effort in a fake for fucking Fire Emblem. FE isn't Smash where there's thousands of conspiracy nutcases that'll put their livelihoods over one character in Smash.