Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

20 hours ago, B.Leu said:

If this end up being a real Fire Emblem instead of a chinese knockoff, I'll commit Sudoku.
What in the hell is that hair, those beards, those....everything! The graphism are worse than TH, or dare I say, Sw and Sh.

We live in a society.

You'll commit Sudoku? As in the grid puzzle? 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is that hair really...  i cant even.. smh
so after fussing about whether next mainline protag should have blue or red hair. they decide to make PEPSI  Joy-Con as the protagonist? that looks so bad its kinda funny. might be because the quality of screenshot or the artstyle or both, but that leak looks so garish. FE or just any JRPG always had colourful hair color or even two-tone colour but this one looks exceptionally distracting

and we got hotel style receptionist, and some feature about summoning character from other installment? Heroes are fine since you can pass it as "non-canon". But in mainline titles, thats gotta raise some question whether its like some kind of mindless phantom or actual character with interactions. yeah, lets go Hotel Emblem! a universe where main char from other series can relax or in case of someone being a battle maniac, they can fight again in a war after their own world become too peaceful

cant wait for actual reveal and trailer

• 3 weeks later...

With no hint of Toothpaste-Chan/Switch-Chan at the Direct Mini (which makes sense), I find it actually more likely for us to see a small FE Direct in the near future. IntSys has yet to announce Warriors' DLC plans, so they need to do that. If the leaks are real (again, not a guarantee), then that would also be a solid announcement to add in.* And then, just add in something for the future...like, say, a remake or some kind, or a concert, or something small but interesting, and you've got a solid 5-10 minute direct. 

*I say add-in, but it'd be more like a showcase. I imagine this would happen after the next General Direct, so we'd get an official announcement there, and then a larger breakdown in an FE Direct a few days or about a week later. The FE Direct would show a slightly different trailer and then go over some gameplay, before transitioning back to Three Hopes to go over the DLC plans. (Or maybe switch it around?)

For IntSys, the biggest, most pressing reason why they had that Fire Emblem Direct was Fire Emblem Heroes. So if that game ever runs out of updates, then I'll start making bets on an FE Direct. There WILL be a Fire Emblem Heroes 2 (name not final), and while it is reasonable to assume whales will come back to buy new Jpegs of the same characters (the seasonal event model has already proven that), I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded that project's budget into a game with fully 3D character models over 2D artwork and sprites. Releasing on both console and mobile for the biggest outreach. Unlike five years ago, we live in an era of the Triple A gacha game, I'm certain there have been talks at Nintendo about how'd they do their own version of that. 

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

9 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

For IntSys, the biggest, most pressing reason why they had that Fire Emblem Direct was Fire Emblem Heroes. So if that game ever runs out of updates, then I'll start making bets on an FE Direct. There WILL be a Fire Emblem Heroes 2 (name not final), and while it is reasonable to assume whales will come back to buy new Jpegs of the same characters (the seasonal event model has already proven that), I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded that project's budget into a game with fully 3D character models over 2D artwork and sprites. Releasing on both console and mobile for the biggest outreach. Unlike five years ago, we live in an era of the Triple A gacha game, I'm certain there have been talks at Nintendo about how'd they do their own version of that. 

No shot is Heroes dying anytime soon. It makes so much money with little effort from the developer's end. 

A couple weeks ago, Lucky Crit posted a video to sum up and study the leaked material we have. If you want an overview of what we know so far and how believable it is, I suggest you check it out.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

With September officially here, we're entering Direct "Leak" season, aka the season in which people all around the internet (mainly 4Chan) make up fake Directs and tell them as "leaks." If you're a fan of those, 'tis the season. 

Me, just hoping we finally get an announcement for an actual mainline game or remake if/when a September Direct comes around:

michael-scott-im-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif.f8a962bdace3adf5761652453dbcb975.gif

On 9/6/2022 at 6:55 AM, Use the Falchion said:

With September officially here, we're entering Direct "Leak" season, aka the season in which people all around the internet (mainly 4Chan) make up fake Directs and tell them as "leaks." If you're a fan of those, 'tis the season. 

its september with consistent Direct every year, but not even new leaks is in the horizon. at this point, even fake leak will be entertaining than this deafening silence

On 9/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, joevar said:

its september with consistent Direct every year, but not even new leaks is in the horizon. at this point, even fake leak will be entertaining than this deafening silence

Right. I'm of the opinion that fake leaks and speculation make discussion better. It's fun to imagine.

Like, Game of Thrones and the Star Wars sequels sure did have the coolest leak and theory build up. Both series being massive letdowns in the end doesn't rob the discussion before of its entertainment.

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Right. I'm of the opinion that fake leaks and speculation make discussion better. It's fun to imagine.

Like, Game of Thrones and the Star Wars sequels sure did have the coolest leak and theory build up. Both series being massive letdowns in the end doesn't rob the discussion before of its entertainment.

Buuuuuuut can't it also be said that rumor mills and expectations of where stories "ought" to go is at least partly to blame for the 'ruination' of those franchises? Rumors might have no impact on the development side, but it sure as heck has an impact on a fan's enjoyment, I notice. Like these MCU shows, there's a storm on social media every time an episode comes out and DOESN'T have an X-Men cameo. That's all they wanna see, so they can finally be vindicated for years of speculation. And it's like, can't we judge this stuff as the thing it's being advertised as instead of the thing you'd rather it have been?

Then again, Fire Emblem isn't a serial franchise, or at least it isn't for more than one game at a time, so maybe it doesn't really have a place in this particular discussion. We're not out here debating the logical continuation of Marth or Ike's stories. I would pop off if the next fire emblem game had Fatigue return as a mechanic. The closer to Thracia 776's implementation the better. But learning that it's not in the new game isn't going to impact my enjoyment, because there will be tons of other mechanics that I'll potentially love or get upset at instead. The way we engage with gameplay is so much different than how we engage with fictional narratives. But surely somebody out there is still bummed out that Fire Emblem Three Houses included no vampires?

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Buuuuuuut can't it also be said that rumor mills and expectations of where stories "ought" to go is at least partly to blame for the 'ruination' of those franchises? Rumors might have no impact on the development side, but it sure as heck has an impact on a fan's enjoyment, I notice. 

Err. No. GoT S8 and SW episodes 8 and 9 were just abjectly failures, independent of context. 

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

true. and lets be honest, such discussion ultimately not about how a series (ideally) will turn out, but mostly people butting head with which of their own idea and headcanon will be better for next installment

2 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Fire Emblem isn't a serial franchise, or at least it isn't for more than one game at a time, so maybe it doesn't really have a place in this particular discussion.

no no. it has. i mean @Fabulously Olivier has speculated (wished?) there will be another warrior, and turns out there is actually warrior spin off coming out

and vampire emblem was infuriating and funny discussion at the same time, once upon a time

i cant believe i will say this,.. i actually want to try playing it just to see past game character in new HD design. and hopefully past games character has more or less has even proportion in regard to gameplay and story. unlike TMS, or warrior where ITS MARTH TIME! all over again.

Still not digging the (unfortunately) blue and red hairdo protagonist design. At least I don’t feel like the rest of the characters have such ridiculous design choices. It’s a good start it may not have fallen into Fate’s ridiculous over the top anima shenanigans. 

other things to note, are the Emblems. It was easier to portray them as blank states like Echoes did, but they went the extra step to keep their personalities, voices, and interactions if Emblem Marth shown in the hub is anything to go by. Also, this is likely to cover variety of weapons considering swords are the weapon of choice of most lords, but I’ve noticed Lucina using a bow, and not Ike, but rather BRAVE IKE

Edited by Midnox

I'm pleased to see the summoned heroes work more like equips / combat arts, rather than like the amiibo units in Fates. Those felt cheap and these feel like they'll complement the new characters better.

The MU's hair still looks really stupid, but the male MU's isn't quite as bad, probably because it's shorter. Maybe that's why he was featured in the trailer, lol. It would be nice if they gave hair length options but I'm not holding my breath, since they're in pre-rendered cutscenes.

9 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

I'm pleased to see the summoned heroes work more like equips / combat arts, rather than like the amiibo units in Fates. Those felt cheap and these feel like they'll complement the new characters better.

Funnily enough, they seem to be more involved with the story and characters. Only Marth maybe, but feels more than mere extras

9 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

The MU's hair still looks really stupid, but the male MU's isn't quite as bad, probably because it's shorter. Maybe that's why he was featured in the trailer, lol. It would be nice if they gave hair length options but I'm not holding my breath, since they're in pre-rendered cutscenes.

Yeah, I wasn’t excited to the dual hairdos. Made me fear they’ll fall into the ridiculous over the top modern anime designs from Fates

The positives

- The artstyle is very nice! I love the cell shaded look of things.
- The idea of a fell dragon is a downgrade, but I do think its cobra inspired design is a strong one.
-The various playable characters sprinkled around the trailer look decent enough.
-The various battle mechanics might be incorporated into the visuals. When placed on a fortress you can see a character literally fire from atop the fortress when combat start. That's very neat. This might imply that the Arial battles not seen since Radiant Dawn could return.

The negatives
-Fell dragons and Risen seem like a strong part of the story so the game's tone and story will likely be akin to Awakening. That's a rather steep downgrade compared to the more nuanced approach of Three Houses. Going back to boring fell dragons after an antagonist like Edelgard just feels like a step backwards.
-Summoning Heroes might theoretically come at the expense of the new cast. Maybe their time to develop will be shortened to give the cameo Heroes more screentime
-The base camp might lead to something stupid like pocket dimensions or otherwise constrain the story to allow the main characters to frequently return to it.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Personally, I'm really enthusiastic about Engage. Not overly, don't want to get too hyped that I get disappointed.

I enjoy the brighter art style and the animated cutscenes look stellar. I understand the apprehension with the overly 'animu' style but I'm not too bothered by it.

The game certainly feels like a 'celebration' of sorts, having all the protags back, with Marth being a main player and also bringing back the typical dark dragon plot with an evil empire and cult probably. I love seeing the MCs in HD and I'm hoping this means we'll see some sort of FE4/FE6 remakes soon in the future. If the leaks are anything to go by, we'll get FE4 soon enough (2026 is its 30th anniversary). If the story is anything like Awakening's, I'm down. FEA's story wasn't the bets, but it was serviceable and I enjoyed it.

The MC's (Alear?) hair is ridiculous but I can't help but find them endearing. I definitely prefer M!Alear to F!Alear, mainly because of the hair.