Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I mean, Three Houses literally contains an entire chapter where villagers get slaughtered, including children. Hell, one child in the monastery even plainly says, "Father, Mother, everyone in the village, all gone. Why couldn`t you have arrived a little sooner?" 

Reveal hidden contents

And there is Edelgard and Lysethia being experimented on as children.

Modern FE has about as much dark content as FE4 did, just more in the background. But I do understand why you are concerned.

All true points. To be honest, there's only a few specific points I'm worried about getting censored (though I admit I don't know much about the Jugdral plots), and those happen to be on screen events, namely:

Spoiler

Most of the Gen 1 cast getting murdered in various ways and the whole incesty-demonic mess that is the events that lead to Julius being a thing.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

All true points. To be honest, there's only a few specific points I'm worried about getting censored (though I admit I don't know much about the Jugdral plots), and those happen to be on screen events, namely:

Reveal hidden contents

Most of the Gen 1 cast getting murdered in various ways and the whole incesty-demonic mess that is the events that lead to Julius being a thing.

Yeah, that makes sense

Spoiler

Heroes does allude to the massacre happening, but it is a very intense scene. The closest thing I can think of recent games having done would be either the destruction of Fort Merceus in Three Houses, Rhea destroying enemy soldiers as the Immaculate One on blue lions or golden deer white clouds or Grima awakening in Awakening. But none of them match the death count of the massacre at Belhalla. Let alone playable characters. 

The fact that Deirdre and Arvis share Loptous blood is a critical plot point, so they can`t just ignore it. Then again, with how inconsistent the "rules" for inheriting Holy Blood are, they could just make up whatever excuse they want.

I want to believe they would keep such pivotal moments from FE4 intact, but they are way more controversial now then they were back back then. I will cross my fingers and hope.

59 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I want to believe they would keep such pivotal moments from FE4 intact, but they are way more controversial now then they were back back then. I will cross my fingers and hope.

That's pretty much my thought process too. Hopefully they just commit to FE4 having "the darkest FE story" and market it to anyone who wants Three Houses' atmosphere back, but we'll see...