Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

15 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That's... a lot of questions to be nairing. Not just "who did you pair with whom?", but also "what was everyone's inventory" and "what stats did they end up with?". I'm not strictly opposed to a "skip Gen 1 on future playthroughs" option. But if I were making it, I'd do either

Or just make it a substitutes run, with Seliph, Leif, Finn, and Altenna each assigned a "default inventory". Maybe give the player the option of continuing from any prior "Gen 1" they've completed?

Just assign a canon inventory and stats.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as remakes go I'm kinda rooting against a Tellius remake. The biggest problem for newer fans is those games just not being available anymore, but a port or re release will already fix those problems. 

The graphics might look dated but overall the games still hold up. There's very little IS could improve on the Tellius game if you compare it with other games in the series. It already has supports, it already has one of the better stories in the series and the gameplay is solid all around. Even the dated graphics have some degree of charm to them. And while there's little to improve there's plenty to go wrong. I for one wouldn't be thrilled to see the portraits and background of those games get replaced by TH style model based cutscenes. 

In contrast Binding Blade or Genealogy have much more a remake can work on. For Binding Blade they can heavily invest in presentation like Echoes did, and rework the cutscene so its no longer just Roy, the advisor and the princess having boring conversations. They could also update the blander half of the cast. With Genealogy they can improve on the clunky gameplay and introduce support. 

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As far as remakes go I'm kinda rooting against a Tellius remake. The biggest problem for newer fans is those games just not being available anymore, but a port or re release will already fix those problems. 

The graphics might look dated but overall the games still hold up. There's very little IS could improve on the Tellius game if you compare it with other games in the series. It already has supports, it already has one of the better stories in the series and the gameplay is solid all around. Even the dated graphics have some degree of charm to them. And while there's little to improve there's plenty to go wrong. I for one wouldn't be thrilled to see the portraits and background of those games get replaced by TH style model based cutscenes. 

In contrast Binding Blade or Genealogy have much more a remake can work on. For Binding Blade they can heavily invest in presentation like Echoes did, and rework the cutscene so its no longer just Roy, the advisor and the princess having boring conversations. They could also update the blander half of the cast. With Genealogy they can improve on the clunky gameplay and introduce support. 

i completely agree with everything you said, except for the "Genealogy's clunky gameplay" part, although i agree that they should allow players to select exactly how much money they want to give, but it's no secret that aside from this thing, i'd want a Genealogy remake to be as faithful to the original as possible, including trading limitations, double attack being locked behind a skill and so on

IMHO PoR and RD need remasters, not remakes also because i'd hate to see them without Kita's artstyle, and basically no other change, except the addition a higher difficulty for PoR and supports for RD

FE6+7... eh, i don't really feel like it's necessary: FE7 is very accessible even now (it's available for digital purchase on Wii U's eshop iirc, along with FE8), and FE6 is... not really deserving of a remake, definitely not more than Genealogy and Thracia at least

a remake collection of Shadow Dragon and Mystery would feel unnecessarily redundant IMHO 

now, about the other topics:
1) they surely got me hyped for a potential FE 2D fighting game, although with caution, as i don't expect it to be a thing anytime soon

2) FEW2 would be... controversial to say the least, given how they handled the first one, and i don't expect them to have learned anything from back then (i can already see the teaser trailer ending with an axe getting picked up from the ground by a petite female figure dressed in black, red and gold (mimicking how FEW1's teaser trailer ended) and it's definitely not a thing i feel like i need to see nor experience unless they finally give me playable Rhea, this alone (and maybe Mercedes) might sell me the whole game)

3) a new brand-new FE game, neat
except even 3H was "less classic" and we all know what happened "yes we know, it happened that it became the best selling title in the series, so fuck you" touché
i'd also like to add that "This game started development early 2020 with a bigger team than the upcoming remake" doesn't mean much, i surely don't expect a remake which is essentially a nod to veteran fans and nothing more to have a bigger team than a completely new, potentially more ambitious game
lastly, "bigger team and more development time" doesn't necessarily mean "better game", and i know FFXV and KH3 would agree with me

I kind of have to disagree with a straight re-port for Tellius. I'd really like the story to be fixed so that Radiant Dawn isn't another glorified Ike Emblem, but actually builds up more on Elincia and especially Micaiah. Anacy made a good discussion about Elincia in particular in the link below, and to be honest, I really have to side with her after how many needed wrinkles they've added with the Three House Lords. Ike not going through another character development (struggling to come to terms with the bigger politics outside his mercenary group is something I like to see), and Micaiah and Elincia being shafted is one I found to make the story look glaringly unfinished. At least add extra chapters that focuses on the latter two and add actual support conversations - only then I would say Tellius is complete.

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/91993-ana-does-a-character-study-elincia/&tab=comments#comment-5904281

Edited by henrymidfields

21 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Don't hurt me like that. I don't think I could take my potential FEW2 turning out to be FEH2.

FEW wasnt even that good, or specifically the roster is kinda insulting.

just cherry-picked recent game most important char/protag, add one or two from oldest game, and thats it. maybe throw in some extra female to make sure it look balanced. meh.

if they make FEW with legendary character, now that will piqued my interest. we all heard their legendary feat, surely thrashing mobs like they are made from cardboard can be considered canon if they manage to stop doomsday by fighting dragon demi-god, etc singlehandedly. but a character thats shy, weak willed, canonically weak (versus protag) both in lore and gameplay suddenly thrasing mobs like nothing just for sake of adding char... i'll pass.

FEH2 is where da money at :p

------------------------------------------------------

kinda wish its actually 2 new game thats tied to each other like previous duology (archanea, elibe, tellius). not a remake of those duology

49 minutes ago, joevar said:

FEW wasnt even that good, or specifically the roster is kinda insulting.

just cherry-picked recent game most important char/protag, add one or two from oldest game, and thats it. maybe throw in some extra female to make sure it look balanced. meh.

if they make FEW with legendary character, now that will piqued my interest. we all heard their legendary feat, surely thrashing mobs like they are made from cardboard can be considered canon if they manage to stop doomsday by fighting dragon demi-god, etc singlehandedly. but a character thats shy, weak willed, canonically weak (versus protag) both in lore and gameplay suddenly thrasing mobs like nothing just for sake of adding char... i'll pass.

FEH2 is where da money at :p

------------------------------------------------------

kinda wish its actually 2 new game thats tied to each other like previous duology (archanea, elibe, tellius). not a remake of those duology

That is literally exactly why we should get a Warriors 2. To add those characters we're owed.

And Warriors was that good, despite its roster. It's a solid 300 hours of best in genre content, the best mounted combat in its franchise, and successful integration of strategy elements into its action formula. All that it was missing was being an optimal FE celebration on top of that.

(Certainly a better spinoff than Archanean Idol and Financially Endangering Heroes).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Tomorrow we'll have a Nintendo direct so if there's any truth to these leaks it might come up. 

However I kinda doubt it. With Splatoon 3, Kirby and BOTW 2 the direct is already well represented by big heavy hitter titles so two Fire Emblem games is something I don't see happening. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Tomorrow we'll have a Nintendo direct so if there's any truth to these leaks it might come up. 

However I kinda doubt it. With Splatoon 3, Kirby and BOTW 2 the direct is already well represented by big heavy hitter titles so two Fire Emblem games is something I don't see happening. 

Honestly if no FE is reveled tomorrow this forum might become a ghost town, outside of the Heroes sub forum it’s dead now.

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yes, but it should be fair to clarify that not all of these games need to be announced tomorrow for the leaks to be real. Sometimes, "debunked" leaks are vindicated down the line because timelines change or the "debunk" was just people getting impatient.

One leaked game was for 2022, one for 2023, and the date of the alleged spinoff is unclear. Even if we go full in on benefit of the doubt, it's reasonable to only see the 2022 game.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

8 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Honestly if no FE is reveled tomorrow this forum might become a ghost town, outside of the Heroes sub forum it’s dead now.

Honestly, this forum is really pretty miserable with each release of a new game. I feel like the only chill release we had in the last ten years was Echoes, because everybody that thought they wouldn't like it just didn't buy it, unlike new Fire Emblem releases. 

Just now, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Honestly, this forum is really pretty miserable with each release of a new game. I feel like the only chill release we had in the last ten years was Echoes, because everybody that thought they wouldn't like it just didn't buy it, unlike new Fire Emblem releases. 

It may be a bunch of arguments but at least it's far more lively then.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

It may be a bunch of arguments but at least it's far more lively then.

I remember being attacked by Edelgard stans for the dumbest of things. Even when I tried hard to only talk about things like map design, classes, stats, etc. It always wrapped around to her somehow in these diseased minds.

Just now, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I remember being attacked by Edelgard stans for the dumbest of things. Even when I tried hard to only talk about things like map design, classes, stats, etc. It always wrapped around to her somehow in these diseased minds.

You and me both, but I still think their rambling is pretty funny read though

On 2/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think there is a case for having the option to skip Gen 1 (AFTER completing it the first playthrough) with a questionnaire for unit pairings and inheritance. Because it's Gen 2 where inheritance varies up the gameplay. 

Kind of like Fates did for its first 6 core chapters, and 3H SHOULD have done for the entirety of Book 1 because White Clouds actively makes the game less replayable.

On 2/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, Use the Falchion said:

It's not like the game would be forcing anyone to skip Gen 1, It's just giving players the option to not have to play through Gen 1 if they don't feel like it or have to always play though Gen 1 in future playthroughs. Fates had a similar aspect in some ways, with the whole "Choose Your Fate" part, where you skip the first 5-6 chapters of the game in order to get to the actual story. (It even had a little difficulty warning screen - maybe this game could do something similar where it warns players that finishing Part 1 is highly recommended, but it ultimately leaves the power and control to the player.) I'm sure the talks about the grind and repetition of Three Houses' Monastery wouldn't be as criticized or pronounced if players could just choose a house and skip to Part 2 if they so desired. 

Now that you mention that, I can see it working but I think Sigurd's story will be mandatory in first playthrough, after it ends there will be two branches so the player can choose if they want to play Seliph or Leif's story first. In the subsequent replays every story can be played separately by choosing through the menu like in Fates; and Seliph story will be locked with the substitute children if first gen is ignored. 

My main issue is that Thracia is very different from Genealogy, it would work better as a separate game, but if they want to put all together particularly I won't complain. 

Edited by genesis

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

lol

Probably the worst announcement I could have imagined.

Get rekt spec-lords.

Jokes on you, I'm about 50% into that shit.... Bernie and/or Marianne better be playable.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

never have in my life i skipped a Fire emblem trailer so fast

On 2/9/2022 at 6:35 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I remember being attacked by Edelgard stans for the dumbest of things. Even when I tried hard to only talk about things like map design, classes, stats, etc. It always wrapped around to her somehow in these diseased minds

welp. they are not going anywhere or cool down anytime soon it seems, seeing the new FE announcement still about edelgard and gang. LOL

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

lol

Get rekt spec-lords.

What the fuck does a spec-lord even mean here?

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Jokes on you, I'm about 50% into that shit.... Bernie and/or Marianne better be playable.

I'm about 50% into that shit is the most perfect summation of what I'm feeling right now.

I just hope it's not boring trash like Age of Calamity was. As in, let's have all of the side content be actual musou battles and not "kill 300 enemies without getting hit," "kill 200 enemies and a boss in this flat arena," or "try the most broken, unfun rail shooter you've ever played, drop the difficulty all the way down to actually beat it, then turn the difficulty back up."

I hate musou games so I was hoping the super obvious HW2 predictions wouldn't be true.

I suppose my dream FE x Pokemon crossover, à la Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition, will get its chance... another day...

Edited by Lynsanity

i can already hear a lot of "boo"-ing in the crowd from disappointment

actually when i think about it more, i hate it this announcement. because this way we wont see any other FE news at least not 6 months after this warrior 2 release. why? because holding back is nintendo specialty, releasing another product in the same franchise in short time-frame will kill the sales of one of it, and this is as much as "proper" FE as possible due to blatant connection to three houses.

sure its spin off but lets be honest here, despite the story is finished, and those 4 route is the way the developer want., im sure this "golden route" pop out in dev's head due to its popularity, and fans concern toward three house plot. especially the second part of it.