Special Heroes: Here with Me

Xenomata

Special Heroes taking part in the Day of Devotion are coming soon in the Special Heroes summoning event: Here with Me! Also, 5★ Hero Lissa: Sweet Celebrant will appear as a Score Reward in the next Tempest Trials+ event! -Fire Emblem Heroes official twitter

Japanese version of trailer:

Spoiler

Edited by Xenomata

Reminder: this will be the first summoning event where the following units are now 4* Special pulls (and thus can no longer pity break you):

Reds

Spoiler

Idunn: Dark Priestess
Lethe: Gallia's Valkyrie
Mareeta: The Blade's Pawn
Nah: Little Miss
Byleth: Tested Professor
Byleth: Proven Professor
Hubert: Sinister Servant
Alm: Imperial Ascent

Blues

Spoiler

Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
Kjelle: Fair Fighter
Dimitri: The Protector
Petra: Princess of Brigid
Eliwood: Marquess Pherae

Greens

Spoiler

Lugh: Anima Child
Sue: Doe of the Plains
Ranulf: Friend of Nations
Yarne: Timid Taguel
Edelgard: The Future
Hilda: Idle Maiden
Micaiah: Queen of Dawn

Colorless

Spoiler

Caineghis: Gallia's Lion King
Tiki: Torpid Dragon
Corrin: Wailing Soul
Claude: The Schemer
Camilla: Light of Nohr

I was hoping I'd be able to just pull one of each and be done, but no, they had to make both Lucina and Robin really good Save tanks.

I'll probably wait until they return on a Double Special Heroes banner to +10 them, but I'll try to at least get them a few merges on this banner. Maybe if the upcoming Legendary Hero banner isn't to interesting (or is nice to me for once), I might try for more, but for now, I'll probably settle with my existing Save tanks for the time being.

Chrom, Lucina, and Owain are the three I would definitely wanna grab. Still feel like Female Robin's slot should have gone to Emmeryn.

44 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reminder: this will be the first summoning event where the following units are now 4* Special pulls (and thus can no longer pity break you):

Reds

Reveal hidden contents

Idunn: Dark Priestess
Lethe: Gallia's Valkyrie
Mareeta: The Blade's Pawn
Nah: Little Miss
Byleth: Tested Professor
Byleth: Proven Professor
Hubert: Sinister Servant
Alm: Imperial Ascent

Blues

Reveal hidden contents

Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
Kjelle: Fair Fighter
Dimitri: The Protector
Petra: Princess of Brigid
Eliwood: Marquess Pherae

Greens

Reveal hidden contents

Lugh: Anima Child
Sue: Doe of the Plains
Ranulf: Friend of Nations
Yarne: Timid Taguel
Edelgard: The Future
Hilda: Idle Maiden
Micaiah: Queen of Dawn

Colorless

Reveal hidden contents

Caineghis: Gallia's Lion King
Tiki: Torpid Dragon
Corrin: Wailing Soul
Claude: The Schemer
Camilla: Light of Nohr

Man, I only need two more copies of Caineghis, and then he'll be at +10 merge. I suppose getting him during a revival banner would be much easier than relying on a pity break, though.

The usual translation notes:

The name of the banner, "Here with Me", is "あなたがいるだけで" (anata ga iru dake de), "As Long As You Are Here".

Lucina's epithet, "Future Fondness", is "未来へつなぐ愛" (mirai e tsunagu ai), "Love That Connects to the Future".

Gerbera Axe is "ガーベラの斧" (gābera no ono), "Gerbera Axe". Gerbera is the genus of flowering plants that includes the flowers she has on her.

Savvy Fighter is "慧眼隊形" (keigan taikei), "Keen-Eyed Formation". "隊形" (taikei), "battle formation", is the name of the Fighter skill series in Japanese. "慧眼" (keigan), "having a quick or discerning eye", is a reference to the Nihil skill, which is "見切り" (mikiri), "to see (through) everything", in Japanese and is the Null skill series in Heroes, hence why the skill has Null Follow-Up as an effect.

Robin's epithet, "Tactful Deliverer", is "心よりの感謝を" (kokoro yori no kansha o), "Expressing Gratitude From the Heart".

Achimenes Furl is "アキメネスの花冠" (akimenesu no kakan), "Achimenes Wreath". Achimenes is the genus of flowering plants that includes the pink flowers she has on her and possibly also the small white flowers. The large white flowers seem to be Lucina's Gerbera.

A/D Far Save is "鎧の護り手・遠間" (yoroi no mamori te: enkan), "Guardian of the Armor: Distant". I've mentioned this with the other Save skills, but unlike the English names, the Japanese skill names use a piece of armor to indicate the stat bonus instead of the names of the stats. "鎧" (yoroi), "armor", is for Atk and Def, "兜" (kabuto), "helmet" is for Atk and Res, and "盾" (tate), "shield", is for Def and Res. This is why the skill icons have an armor, helmet, or shield icon on them.

Owain's epithet, "Devoted Defender", is "愛と花の戦士" (ai to hana no senshi), "Warrior of Love and Flowers". This is why he calls himself as such in his voice line played in the trailer.

Piercing Tribute is "感謝の花の槍" (kansha no hana no yari), "Lance of Flowers of Gratitude".

As a bonus, Owain's Special skill activation line played in the Japanese trailer is "愛の波動、ブルーフラワーアタック!" (ai no hadō, burū furawā atakku!), "Wave of Love, Blue Flower Attack!". "Blue Flower Attack" is, of course, spoken in (the best Japanese approximation for) English.

Chrom's epithet, "Fate-Defying Duo", is "運命を変える双翼" (unmei o kaeru sōyoku), "Paired Wings that Change Fate". "双翼" (sōyoku), "paired wings", is the name of the Duo Hero status in Japanese.

Destiny's Bow is "運命変える絆弓" (unmei-kaeru hankyū), "Relationship-Bow That Changes Fate".

Close Salvo is "近反・攻撃の渾身" (kinhan: kōgeki no konshin), "Close Counter: Atk Push". "近反" (kinhan) is an abbreviation of "近距離反撃" (kinkyori hangeki), "short-distance counterattack", which is the name of the Close Counter skill in Japanese. "渾身" (konshin), "using one's full strength", is the name of the Push skill series in Japanese.

Lissa's epithet, "Sweet Celebrant", is "しゃきーんと感謝" (shakīn to kansha), "Gratitude With a [insert shiny metallic sound here]".

Edited by Ice Dragon

Naga damn it. I was planning to save Orbs.

Hm... I guess Lucina: Future Fondness seems to be better than Gustav: Majestic Love. She can deny follow-up attacks and get over 50% damage reduction on the first hit. She could be vulnerable to fast Brave units though, although I guess that is what Deflect Melee is for.

Robin: Tactful Deliverer is just better Henriette at this point. Needs quite a bit of investment though. Debating between Aether-Special Fighter-Quick Riposte and Moonbow/Ruptured Sky-Crafty Fighter-Mystic Boost

Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo is red Chrom: Crowned Exalt but even better with guaranteed follow-up attacks.

Piercing Tribute is neat, but nothing else really worth foddering that we do not already have.

Edited by XRay

We can stack triple Unity now.  Ok, then.  Seems a pretty good banner for fodder, and Chrobin & Lucina are quite strong in their own right.  I may pull for them.

I would prefer if Piercing Tribute had "nullifies effects that prevent unit's follow-ups" instead of "nullifies foe's effects that grants guaranteed follow-ups".

Chrom granting special charge with his assist is... wow. He will be everywhere in Summoner Duels, considering he is a Fjorm Counter.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

>Lucina is never gonna get to use Falchion again, is she...? All these Prf weapons, yet her base form remains the only one to still use Falchion.
Anyway, an armored Spd-based tank. Savvy Fighter means that Lucy can't be done in by auto-follow-up units (I consider Brave weapon units to be different), being a Spd tank means that she can't just be done in by a fast unit because she will be just as fast, and her natural Def/Res on top of the damage reduction from Gerbera Axe and Savvy Fighter should mean very little damage is getting through, outside of skills that disable non-special damage reduction anyway. Not at all bad... and on top of all that, she can also give herself and an ally the ability to ignore enemy bonuses? That's just mean.

>Robin looks very interesting. In the first place she relies on having a diverse move type lineup on the team to function at her best, and that's the only requirement to her game, she could technically be in a completely different area from the rest of her team and still get the benefits of a mix-movement team. Of course she is a Far Save unit, so she'll be nearby anyway, but even still.
Even Follow-up is kind of eh, but nothing that can't be fixed with some SI...

>Owain's 38/42 offenses looks pretty good. He certainly is not overall as good as some other units that will not be Eirika'd, but when compared to the next best Lance Cav with no Prf weapon, Spring Minerva, he has a +2/+4 advantage over her. Defense took a bit of a hit, but I don't think people would be using him for his defensive abilities...
As for the skills he brings to 4*, Piercing Tribute is certainly... interesting? Disabling the enemies auto-follow-ups doesn't feel that necessary if you are trying to kill them on PP, and on EP this weapon kind of fails by not having any defensive boosts on it, opting instead for Atk/Spd which most defensive units don't need... I dunno, it would have been an awesome weapon had it disabled effects that prevent the users follow-up attacks, but as-is I don't think it can be considered better than other lances... otherwise Owain kinda sucks for inheritance. Blue Flame is just not that great when most units don't need to be next to anyone anymore.

>Close SALVO? Man, I would have preferred Force...
Applying special charge just by using an assist on him is deadly. If done right, you could have all of your teams specials ready by the time the enemy is upon you as long as you can dance around with the AI properly.
Otherwise Chrom looks pretty standard as a unit. Close Salvo being new aside, not gonna be winning any awards for originality. Armor effectiveness should be deadly on him, being able to have Deadeye charged up before the tankiest of armors can get near him means they are down in one shot off 58 base Atk, which is probably a superasset because why wouldn't it be. You know the armored unit I'm talking about to...

As for the Duo skill, that's cool. Definitely has its applications if you can use it on an AR map where penalties are currently up to -9 for being the wrong move type.

Overall? Good Save units, powerful duo unit (as long as you don't lose all that special charge anyway), and a potentially good Lance Cav with a kind of eh weapon. Not sure why this is the lineup we're getting for the 5th anniversary, but whatever.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Lucina is never gonna get to use Falchion again, is she...? All these Prf weapons, yet her base form remains the only one to still use Falchion.

Considering how many people hate that Marth got Falchion three times and Chrom got it twice, I think that was a good call. You'd be making people angry either way.

But it is weird when IS decides that a specific "non-signature" weapon type is now a character's main. looks at archer Lyn

Anyway, an armored Spd-based tank.

Which makes her a good companion to Fjorm! If only they weren't the same color, but oh well. I would have said it would be relatively easy to get her, but I still haven't gotten Catria from the current Hero Fest even with boosted rates, so...

>Close SALVO? Man, I would have preferred Force...

Yeah, these names are absurd. The other skills for the most part at least sound like what you'd expect them to do, but what does a Salvo have to do with Atk, or Pressure have to do with Spd? What separates them from the Close Reversal type skills? It baffles me that the localization team fixed the seemingly random Save Skill names but dropped the ball so hard with all of the CC/ DC variants.

Edited by DefyingFates

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Robin looks very interesting. In the first place she relies on having a diverse move type lineup on the team to function at her best, and that's the only requirement to her game, she could technically be in a completely different area from the rest of her team and still get the benefits of a mix-movement team. Of course she is a Far Save unit, so she'll be nearby anyway, but even still.

Pretty much my opinion as well.

The fact she can grant the "healing per unit's hit" to allies is a pretty good support skill. In AR is very easy to get 3 movement types (excluding her) with Mythic Heroes alone. That healing and debuffs will also be useful in Pawns of Loki.

I think I'm sparking this with the spare orbs I had for this month.
There's good value all around and we still get 5 tickets plus the free summon, making it 130 orbs for the spark by pulling full circles. 

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

But it is weird when IS decides that a specific "non-signature" weapon type is now a character's main. looks at archer Lyn

At least it kind of makes sense with Lyn since she's a Sacaean girl, and Chrom could actually use a bow in his home game (weird as it is that he has a whole bow spectrum now, I think) but what really doesn't make sense is Faye being nothing but a bow unit when it's actually impossible for her to use in her home game, and she doesn't even actually have any backstory ties to it.

It's funny how everyone has given up at this point trying to argue against how units like Valentines Lucina and Valentines Female Robin can be considered Armored despite their appearances not matching the class, especially Lucina.

my +10 Winter Manuela really wants 2 copies of Valentine Lucina inside of her i mean for her skills of course, i'm definitely spending all of my free summons trying to get her

Edited by Yexin

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Otherwise Chrom looks pretty standard as a unit. Close Salvo being new aside, not gonna be winning any awards for originality. Armor effectiveness should be deadly on him, being able to have Deadeye charged up before the tankiest of armors can get near him means they are down in one shot off 58 base Atk, which is probably a superasset because why wouldn't it be. You know the armored unit I'm talking about to...

It's actually rather unlikely that Chrom has a superboon in Atk. Currently, none of the 5 units with 44 base Atk or more have a superboon, and only 2 of the 7 units with 43 base Atk have a superboon.

To have a superboon with 44 base Atk would require having 14 Atk at level 1, which is something they've so far only given to Gatrie, but his growth rate misses the superboon sweet spot by 5%.

8 hours ago, FailWood said:

It's funny how everyone has given up at this point trying to argue against how units like Valentines Lucina and Valentines Female Robin can be considered Armored despite their appearances not matching the class, especially Lucina.

Eh, no use beating a dead armored knight horse.

That, and literally every previous Valentine's banner had "armored units" that aren't actually armored (from Lyn all the way to Alfonse). I think Rudolf was like the only one who actually makes sense as an armored unit (he has a big shield if nothing else).

Edit: Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

86puasz76bg81.png

Chrom & M!Robin
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

Lucina
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Savvy Fighter can be inherited by any armored units. It's unavailable to the other three movement types.

F!Robin
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res
*I messed up and listed Res as an Asset initially.

Owain
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): none
*Atk/Spd Bond 3 is the 4* unlock.

Lissa
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): none
*Res Opening 3 is the 4* unlock.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's actually rather unlikely that Chrom has a superboon in Atk. Currently, none of the 5 units with 44 base Atk or more have a superboon, and only 2 of the 7 units with 43 base Atk have a superboon.

To have a superboon with 44 base Atk would require having 14 Atk at level 1, which is something they've so far only given to Gatrie, but his growth rate misses the superboon sweet spot by 5%.

...well fuck, I was all ready to have an argument ready to reason why Chrom MIGHT get a superboon, and then I remembered the update was out. I was gonna go and compare Chrom to Pirate Surtr to try and reason why Chrom's chances of having that superboon are higher than currently proven history (it all banked on the fact that Chrom only had meh Spd and Res compared to the 5 other units having great everything and horrid Spd), but the answer is literally right there.

And uh... yeah. SPOILER: STAT TOTALS AND SUPERBOONS/BANES OF ALL 5 UNITS.

Spoiler

https://i.redd.it/86puasz76bg81.png

Chrom: HP, Atk, Spd, Def, Res

Lucina: Atk Spd Res

Robin: HP Atk Spd Res

Owain: Atk Spd

Lissa: Res

Please let me know if I got the superboons/superbanes right. The results I came up with seem WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too ideal even for current gen units...

Edited by Xenomata

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Please let me know if I got the superboons/superbanes right. The results I came up with seem WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too ideal even for current gen units...

Yeah, those are right.

Calculating them yourself isn't that hard. You just subtract the base stat value from the max stat value.
If the result is either 10, 19 or 30 then the stat is a super asset.
If the result is either 13, 22 or 33 then the stat is a super flaw.
If the result isn't any of the above values then the stat doesn't a super asset or super flaw.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, those are right.

Calculating them yourself isn't that hard. You just subtract the base stat value from the max stat value.
If the result is either 10, 19 or 30 then the stat is a super asset.
If the result is either 13, 22 or 33 then the stat is a super flaw.
If the result isn't any of the above values then the stat doesn't a super asset or super flaw.

Yeah that's exactly what I did, my problem is that... I mean like I said, they are VERY good superboons and acceptable superbanes. Owain and Lissa don't even HAVE flaws.

Not Owain being the another speedy lance cavalry with workable def, but I suppose there is really no other way to be a pref-less lance cav these days.

F!Robin stats and being colorless makers her a better save tank than V!Henriette, not to mention a Prf.

Chrom is good, not sure if he can deal with far save B!Hector but at the very least can be a good support with his prf if he can't handle the combat in certain AR match.

Was thinking I want to buy some orbs so I can get at least one of each, but the orbs price are all ridiculous and definitely not worth the price after converting the currency. I only have book 5 left to grind for orbs too.

41 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah that's exactly what I did, my problem is that... I mean like I said, they are VERY good superboons and acceptable superbanes. Owain and Lissa don't even HAVE flaws.

Units with no superbanes often end up losing a point in their stat total due to the way the rounding works. And, if not losing a point outright, at least end up on the lower end of the stat total range when compared to other units of their generation.

Valentine Owain has a stat total of 173, and current-generation melee cavalry fall in the 173-174 range (Otr and Lyre have 174).

Valentine Lissa has a stat total of 179, and current-generation tome/staff armors fall in the 179-180 range (Valentine Robin has 180; Winter Felix also has 180, noting that bow/dagger armors from the previous generation have the same base and growth totals as tome/staff armors from the current generation).

40 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

F!Robin stats and being colorless makers her a better save tank than V!Henriette, not to mention a Prf.

Spoiler

Robin is actually not that much better than Henriette, at least when both are maxed out.

+10+5 Valentine Robin [+Def, +Res] has 47/65/21/52/55 with just her weapon equipped.

+10+10 Valentine Henriette [+Def, +Res] has 50/63/24/52/55 with just her weapon equipped and refined for Def (to match Robin's Def and Res).

Henriette ends up with +3/-2/+3/+0/+0, which is slightly better with a notable extra 3 HP and the ability to lower her Def by 3 to boost her Res by 3 by switching refines.

Robin's only gains over Henriette are in her non-stat effects, which are the Slaying effect, which allows her to run Glacies instead of Iceberg, 30% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, and an additional 1 HP healing per attack.

The extra damage from Glacies doesn't matter most of the time because Iceberg is already usually enough to one-hit kill most opponents, given that it hits for 31 damage with Distant Def 4 and A/R Far Save 3 equipped and no other stat boosts, and the 2 HP healing per round of combat is also not that significant.

Robin's only real advantage is her 30% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, though the impact is less substantial if you're already running damage reduction from team support and only really matters against a small number of ranged wall breakers, as most things can't really get through 67 Res plus whatever additional Res you're dropping on them from team support.

Robin's color really only makes a difference against Legendary Chrom, but I'm pretty sure neither of them survive without Svalinn Shield.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Robin is actually not that much better than Henriette, at least when both are maxed out.

+10+5 Valentine Robin [+Def, +Res] has 47/65/21/52/55 with just her weapon equipped.

+10+10 Valentine Henriette [+Def, +Res] has 50/63/24/52/55 with just her weapon equipped and refined for Def (to match Robin's Def and Res).

Henriette ends up with +3/-2/+3/+0/+0, which is slightly better with a notable extra 3 HP and the ability to lower her Def by 3 to boost her Res by 3 by switching refines.

Robin's only gains over Henriette are in her non-stat effects, which are the Slaying effect, which allows her to run Glacies instead of Iceberg, 30% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, and an additional 1 HP healing per attack.

The extra damage from Glacies doesn't matter most of the time because Iceberg is already usually enough to one-hit kill most opponents, given that it hits for 31 damage with Distant Def 4 and A/R Far Save 3 equipped and no other stat boosts, and the 2 HP healing per round of combat is also not that significant.

Robin's only real advantage is her 30% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, though the impact is less substantial if you're already running damage reduction from team support and only really matters against a small number of ranged wall breakers, as most things can't really get through 67 Res plus whatever additional Res you're dropping on them from team support.

Robin's color really only makes a difference against Legendary Chrom, but I'm pretty sure neither of them survive without Svalinn Shield.

I run a unmerge V!Henriette alongside V!Gustav and Flayn, and she would have trouble if the team has any sort of blue mage, especially Hapi will either took mine out or heavily dent her for the next range unit to kill. The reason I mentioned V!F!Robin prf is because she also comes with support, and V!Gustav has trouble with that sword cav that grant +1 mov to all, too many times he missed the kill by few HP, if I switched to bonfire+steady breath then he can't kill invested F!Edelgard (I have two team one with bonfire+SB and another Ignis+Close Defense, but if both sword cav and F!Edelgard are there I have high chance to lose). Robin prf gives debuff within 3 spaces and provide healing too.

I usually just throw the match if I see Legendary Chrom with pre-charge special anyway, not worth the hassle. I met one this week in Bridal Catria team, can't hide far enough with Yuri and sniped 2 of my units.