Can we clear this game with no strategy run (Auto-Battle) ?

5 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

I don't know but when I watched Auto-Battle mandatory I want say could he really clear this game like this ?

Why would you? Do you want load up a FE and just let it play itself?

Almost certainly, yes. Provided you're playing on normal difficulty. On normal difficulty, you have the option for infinite grinding, and if you are willing to put the time in, then you can just level up enough to trivialise any problem. And if you aren't able to get far enough to have access to auxiliary battles, you can just use the option to withdraw from battle and retain the xp you picked up. The only reason I'm saying "almost certainly" rather than "certainly" is that I'm not sure whether that option is available in the prologue or not. Even if it isn't, I suspect that auto resolving the prologue on normal difficulty should be possible, though.

I suppose that the (very slightly) interesting challenge would be to try to complete the game that way with as little grinding as possible. Which I would guess would be most easily achieved with a Byleth/Lord duo build with both of them in some sort of dodgetank setup. With NG+, it would probably be possible to do no grinding autobattle only, though it sounds like something that would get very boring before long.

I would say yes... on normal mode, because it allows you to grind endlessly. Otherwise, no. Of course, that depends on whether the AI uses warp tiles or opens doors on their own...

I'm actually working on this for all fire emblem games that have auto battle. It's actually way more interesting that you'd think. Though that's with post commentary. In the moment it's not very interactive. 

The only rule I made was "Game over conditions can be used normally" so that you don't softlock. Every other unit has to move automatically. SoV is very fun due to the multiple tactics.

The one thing that seems like it would be a bit of a hurdle would be the monastery defense chapter. I'm not sure your allies army would be smart enough to push forward without leaving the path open for enemy pegasus knights to seize. Assuming you're not super grinding to the point where all your units one round, of course.

I've done it in Shadows of Valentia, just to demonstrate how broken the retreat command is.

Edited by Jotari

I feel like an auto-battle only run of a game is only as interesting as designing setups is interesting. Years ago I did one for Final Fantasy Tactics but that was actually pretty enjoyable because I still had the fun of building setups and then tinkering with them and choosing starting positions that would cause my characters to do what I wanted to win. Since FFT has lots (50+) of relatively short maps (usually just 6-8 enemies) there's still pretty frequent player input.

Fire Emblem largely features fewer, longer maps, so there are fewer opportunities for player input, and the unit setups are IMO less interesting/detailed as well. The game derives a lot more of its interesting gameplay from the moment-to-moment in-battle decisions, which this challenge removes.

That said I agree with others that it's definitely possible on Normal/Casual. I suspect it's possible on that difficulty even without optional fights/grinding (or NG+), though am not certain. Evasion, even early, gives you a chance to win any fight; you can reset until you do, and you'll emerge more high-levelled and ready for subsequent battles each time. Agreed that Byleth+lord duo sounds like the easiest method overall.

I can't confirm whether I auto battled every single map, but this was certainly my approach to my second and third playthroughs of the game. I was only there to see the story and supports. And I also took advantage of grinding maps out since it was so many supports to get through and add to the library.