AnonymousSpeed's Rapid Rebalance

AnonymousSpeed

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Maybe. 12x has plenty of chests to change to a brave sword (not the chest key chest, of course). Yet I'm unsure, because the Brave Sword is supposed to be really helpful in Chapter 12. I don't know, I'll have to check how much I think it breaks it myself, I guess. I do think 12x is a better place for it than Chapter 16, though.

Is chapter 12 known for being hard? I never saw a need for the brave sword. Sure, my Wendy and Chad were busted by then, but even without them, the brave sword wasn't exactly "really helpful". Really, the chapter I would've wanted it the most on was chapter 10B, before you got the dancer unit, at least if we're talking about the western isle arc. But really, I don't remember chapter 12 being littered with axe units. If anything, it would mainly be helpful against that one hero who spawns behind you, but I just had Jerrot chip his HP away. 

Speaking of chapter 12x

Spoiler

o7OpYNM.png?1

Roy's 6 movement really stands out here. Why would they place a brigand barely out of his range? That often upset me.

There are 2 things I often forget about when playing this game. One of them is that thieves don't drop what they steal, so when they take the elixer you had no chance to obtain in time, you can't do anything about it. I tried catching up to them with a thief, but they outran me and just left the stage. I did my best, and got most worthwhile chests, but I did lose out on most elixers. It's not the worst thing in the world. But a more tedious thing about this game is that you can't use any items in the preparations menu, so I constantly have to waste my limited equipment slots on my units, wasting my first turn or two to promote and use stat boosters. 

YX5r3pL.png?1

It only took skill boosts on the patch to make Wade usable enough to diminish the threat of critical hits. 

ZaxvhaZ.png?1

Did you know that out of the GBA games, Binding Blade has the most forgiving devil axe proc? It's 21-level. Due to the patch giving the devil axe the accuracy and join time equivalent to that of the FE11 devil axe, it's use gains much more consideration. Being a really mighty axe with max accuracy, it's a great weapon to use in many situations, especially with slower units. It's stats are overpowered, but it's often too risky in the early game due to being under leveled. However, someone like Wade at level 17 would only have a 4% chance to get hit, and you're probably banking on much less accurate attacks when playing this game anyways. This can be great for those who are desperate to justify waiting until level 20 to promote. If you reach level 20 (promoted or unpromoted), you would have an 18 might, high accuracy axe that would only have a 1% chance to kill ya. Bartre is not that level, but look at how exact that is. I love it. If you aren't convinced by any of that, that's fine. Just don't use it. But it's addition adds a nice niche and backup strategies depending on the situation. 

The most annoying part of chapter 13 was the realization that Cath still has 3 strength. I thought she would get something out of hard mode bonuses, but apparently, that's the one stat that's unaffected for her. It's practically impossible to use her without chipping healers and crossing your fingers for strength. Honestly, I would add 2 strength for her. Either that, or give her a base rank of C or even D swords, so she isn't stuck with a fricken iron sword with 3 strength. I like training weak units, but 3 strength!? 

yleCgtx.png?1

Luckily, there's always a way to make someone attain a godlike status. Her growths carried her to be pretty decent by the end of chapter 14, where she could promote. But I'm still salty about the 3 strength.

This is also a good time to mention the scary aspect of the devil axe buff. It also applies to the enemy. The other boss is absurdly strong, has 100 hit on most units, and has a decent chance to land a critical hit as a berserker. Not even Lot can survive that, and he has 20 defense. That one boss prevents this from being entirely reliant on dodge tanking. I'm not sure if one would consider that to be a good or bad thing. I only don't like the critical hit thing. It's not easy to surround him with your army when he has 20 brigands with him and you're on a timer. There was also a devil axe user in 14x. 

teBCV6t.png?1

m1phl7P.png?1

For those that wanted FE6 generals to wield swords, here you go.

Speaking of Wendy.

wiQ6KgX.png?1

V92Q6pA.png?1

These are her stats on chapter 13.

HlGmX61.png?1

These are Zephiels stats that you can see on chapter 13. They do not get better. Wendy could kill Zephiel in 2 rounds of combat. 

I've discussed about possibly increasing his stats. So if that happens, thank me. Or blame me if it turns out to be a major mistake.

Of course, the most important thing about Binding Blade is the question of whether you'll choose to subject yourself to using Sophia.

Her stats are left as the same, but her growths are drastically increased, making her a true Est. As someone who has used Est on reverse lunatic of New Mystery, I thought this would be more than enough. I was dead wrong. She is still the hardest unit I've ever had to train. I simply cannot give her kills without savestate abuses. No amount of skill books helped me with her 47 accuracy against the enemies of Arcadia. It was hardly any higher in the gaiden chapter. Sure, I've been using FE12 Bantu, and I've used Roshea, Vyland, FE11 cavalier Tomas, and Sophia is harder to use than all of them combined. Sure, I need to rig some levels for Bantu, I actually ended up doing it for Sophia too. Somehow, she got bad growths. Even with rigging, I cannot for my own life, get speed. Am I asking to increase all her stats? No. I just wish she was accurate enough to not die every time she misses, or fail to attack a dying enemy even after being given a 2nd chance from dancing.

RyzNbd1.png?1

There are her stats right now. The end of chapter 15.

egPHsjR.png?1

She still dies to everything, and I keep savestating because she can't stop missing. Please, give her like, +5 skill or something. Of course, dark tomes aren't even accurate weapons either. I am in immense agony. She is only level 9, but how am I supposed to get her any better when she doesn't hit? She makes vanilla FE6 Bartre with a steel axe look like a sniper with the hit+20 skill. 

kGVeLGy.png?1

Kx8tlUb.png?1

At least my rogues are unstoppable. Now that they're gaining support bonuses, I haven't seen them come even close to dying. The fact that rogues retain the thieves natural boost of gaining xp makes them level up much faster than the rest of my army, almost making them completely busted, especially with killer weapons that you can buy. I have a question. Does Binding Blade give promotion bonuses based off of class or the unit? Chad got no strength when promoting, but Cath got +2 strength. I am debating whether to call rogues a busted class. I suppose the easiest way to debuff them would be to reduce their crit bonuses. They're just better swordmasters. They gain more xp, have access to bows for no counterattacks and easy wyvern kills, and ridiculously fast, are the best at dodging if you enjoy dodgetanking, and are just too cool imo, making every other class look boring in comparison. In other words, Chad is a chad. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, as Chad and Cath are not easy to train at first, unlike boring Rutger, and they usually have the HP and defense of an SoV map design defender. I'm just concerned they're too broken, and I wouldn't want to remove the class.

bMrSRG2.png?1

He's making Dorothy look bad. 

Moving on from that, I forgot that I let Lilina die.

2oTLmXw.png?1

This could be a cool display of the assassin's dodge animation, but it really shows the sorrow of my inability to recruit a cool prepromote.

I haven't started chapter 16 yet, but I can see the new Hugh on the preparations.

N0gtb6E.png?1

Wow. That is...that is a lot of magic. He's only level 1. 13 defense isn't too shabby either. Really, his only stat that isn't anything crazy is speed, but Lilinia wouldn't have been much faster, and Lugh has no chance of reaching 19 magic at a lvl 1 promoted stage. These stats are solid for a mage. I wouldn't say it's too busted, given that you need to throw in 10k for the guy, but he's definitely not a unit you would kill without a 2nd thought or only buy him at the minimum price. You'll actually get your money's worth. Sorry to the Hugh fans that already think he was worth it before. I like Hugh. But I like money more. I'll use him this time though for sure.  

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll see what I can do about Robin Jr. though. It really is sounding like I'll have to be more deliberate about playtesting.

It's not as if I have complaints for every boss. Sure, I never enjoy missing, but I'm not about to show a spreadsheet of every boss that I want corrected. I can beat them mostly fine as they are. It was that particular boss that drove me insane. He's disturbingly strong, and slayer weapons were hardly helping. I'm sure swordmaster Rutger could theoretically destroy him, but I'm not a fan of the idea that you need him to clear tough bosses. I'm trying to use units of my choice to prove that you can beat this game with basically anyone you want, but that boss was a giant middle finger to my army, and the reinforcements beside him were too insulting. Do they WANT me to wait them out for 6 turns? I imagine that the only other time I'll bring up horrible bosses will be when I enter the Sacae route. I'm soooo excited for that...

I'm not sure whether you'll end up playtesting it yourself, but I hope this continues to provide some level of assistance even if you do see everything for yourself. I already forgot how many suggestions I made to change, but I'm trying not to say too much, since I know you wouldn't want to change the base game too much. However, I like to think that I was the only person who would've noticed the Henning detail the way I did. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and now that I'm analyzing the game due to playtesting, I'm gaining more of an appreciating for it's gameplay design. I might even enjoy the vanilla game more just from knowing how everything was made the way it was. Still not a fan of the hit rates though. I cannot wait for a possible Binding Blade remake, where they'll probably increase the hit rate. That's all I really need to love the game. 

Oh yeah. Fae had 50 uses. That's cool. I have 16 units I'm using. I do not have room for her. Sorry chicken lady. My army's too full, with the boys! Bartre, Lot, and Wade are killing it!

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Maybe. 12x has plenty of chests to change to a brave sword (not the chest key chest, of course). Yet I'm unsure, because the Brave Sword is supposed to be really helpful in Chapter 12. I don't know, I'll have to check how much I think it breaks it myself, I guess. I do think 12x is a better place for it than Chapter 16, though.

That's be Robin's kid, yeah? I'll look into it.

He's got a 50% strength growth and low con. I'm not entirely surprised.

I'll see what I can do about Robin Jr. though. It really is sounding like I'll have to be more deliberate about playtesting.

Why not just add a chest to chapter 12?

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why not just add a chest to chapter 12?

He could. I personally believe it'd be better for it to be on 12x, so there would be some reward to obtaining the gaiden chapter (aside from obtaining the armads), and trying more to receive the chests in the stage. Aside from one chest with a white gem, most chests dont hold anything of great value. I wouldnt mind if one of them was the brave sword. Alternatively, if it really should be on chapter 12, I would just have it on Cath's inventory, so there's more of a reward for recruiting her. These are just my thoughts though.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:31 PM, Shaky Jones said:

Is chapter 12 known for being hard? I never saw a need for the brave sword. Sure, my Wendy and Chad were busted by then, but even without them, the brave sword wasn't exactly "really helpful".

Well, uh, no, but it's also not the complete end of the Western Isles, which is known for axes, even if Chapter 12 itself isn't littered with them and they aren't that hard.

Do they WANT me to wait them out for 6 turns? I imagine that the only other time I'll bring up horrible bosses will be when I enter the Sacae route. I'm soooo excited for that...

Uh...yeah, definitely report back on that. Wait...are you even using any nomads?

I'm not sure whether you'll end up playtesting it yourself, but I hope this continues to provide some level of assistance even if you do see everything for yourself. I already forgot how many suggestions I made to change, but I'm trying not to say too much, since I know you wouldn't want to change the base game too much. However, I like to think that I was the only person who would've noticed the Henning detail the way I did. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and now that I'm analyzing the game due to playtesting, I'm gaining more of an appreciating for it's gameplay design. I might even enjoy the vanilla game more just from knowing how everything was made the way it was. Still not a fan of the hit rates though. I cannot wait for a possible Binding Blade remake, where they'll probably increase the hit rate. That's all I really need to love the game.

I mean, eventually. I do gotta replay FE6 again at some point. I definitely appreciate your input on the patch though, it really has been thorough to a helpful degree.

Oh yeah. Fae had 50 uses. That's cool. I have 16 units I'm using. I do not have room for her. Sorry chicken lady. My army's too full, with the boys! Bartre, Lot, and Wade are killing it!

Into the fryer.

Did you know that out of the GBA games, Binding Blade has the most forgiving devil axe proc? It's 21-level.

This is also a good time to mention the scary aspect of the devil axe buff. It also applies to the enemy.

I actually forgot about those things, thanks for the reminder.

Her stats are left as the same, but her growths are drastically increased, making her a true Est. As someone who has used Est on reverse lunatic of New Mystery, I thought this would be more than enough. I was dead wrong.

Whoops.

+30 to all growths.

Uh...well, I did have this crazy idea to give unpromoted female shamans access to staves, so that Sophia could gain levels without having to actually fight. However, I decided that went against the spirit of training an Est and ditched it. Probably best to give her additional skill or an accurate personal tome, assuming I make changes to her. Yours turned out unimpressive but I never actually bothered to check what her new averages would be.

...okay yeah, no. Your Sophia is actually unnaturally average, deviating from your average level 10 Sophia by +4 skill, -2 luck, and -2 defense. Meaning your Sophia is in the top 1% of all accurate Sophias.

The fact that rogues retain the thieves natural boost of gaining xp makes them level up much faster than the rest of my army, almost making them completely busted, especially with killer weapons that you can buy. I have a question. Does Binding Blade give promotion bonuses based off of class or the unit? Chad got no strength when promoting, but Cath got +2 strength.

Uh. That was an oversight, I should probably fix that.

Binding Blade promotion bonuses are based on the difference between the unpromoted class's base stats and the promoted class's base stats. Male and female rogues have the same base strength, but male thieves have more base strength than female thieves. This means female thieves get more strength to close the difference on promotion, which I kept because I figured it would make Cath a little more interesting.

This is an interesting question about the Rogues and there balance though, I'll have to think about that. I do sort of like the bow-crit niche, but I'll have to think of how to balance it. Sub-20 strength cap.

These stats are solid for a mage.

I like Hugh.

I'll use him this time though for sure.  

Let me know how he turns out.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:33 AM, Shaky Jones said:

He could. I personally believe it'd be better for it to be on 12x, so there would be some reward to obtaining the gaiden chapter (aside from obtaining the armads), and trying more to receive the chests in the stage. Aside from one chest with a white gem, most chests dont hold anything of great value. I wouldnt mind if one of them was the brave sword. Alternatively, if it really should be on chapter 12, I would just have it on Cath's inventory, so there's more of a reward for recruiting her. These are just my thoughts though.

In terms of rewards for getting a gaiden, I don't think it's necessary. Armads is pretty good, and you already need it to beat the whole game. Which isn't to say that's a bad place for it, just that it wouldn't be necessary to encourage going to 12x.

lmao Cath with base B swords

On 3/3/2022 at 1:42 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Uh...yeah, definitely report back on that. Wait...are you even using any nomads?

I'm using almost everyone who can use bows. Wolt, Dorothy, Sue, Shin, Wade and Lot can use bows, Bartre can use killer bows now. Chad and Cath have been using bows more than swords. Kinda regret not using the 2nd thief to have all 3, but my roster's more than full. As I've been saying for years. Bows are the best stat.

So yes, I am using nomads. In fact, I'm not using any fliers whatsoever, which made chapter 14 rather annoying, but I like cool units. Zeiss is cool, but I've already used him, and I can't let Sophia beat me.

Whoops.

+30 to all growths.

Uh...well, I did have this crazy idea to give unpromoted female shamans access to staves, so that Sophia could gain levels without having to actually fight. However, I decided that went against the spirit of training an Est and ditched it. Probably best to give her additional skill or an accurate personal tome, assuming I make changes to her. Yours turned out unimpressive but I never actually bothered to check what her new averages would be.

...okay yeah, no. Your Sophia is actually unnaturally average, deviating from your average level 10 Sophia by +4 skill, -2 luck, and -2 defense. Meaning your Sophia is in the top 1% of all accurate Sophias.

I am all for a personal tome. It doesn't even have to be strong. Like sure, you COULD balance Sophia with growths and a tome with 15 might, but as you said, you want to retain the Sophia experience. I just hate setting up every kill, then missing 500 times to make it pointless. Sure, you could do what you did for Barthe and give +5 skill, but since I stil seem to be missing a lot of my +4 skill Sophia (she was given a skill book right from the beginning), it apparently isn't nearly enough. What I'd do is give her some skill boost, maybe 3 or something, then give her a tome with like 120 hit. By the time it runs out, she'll have hopefully gained enough skill level ups to where nosferatu has some decent odd of not getting her immediately killed. Not sure what might you'd give it. I guess a slightly stronger flux. Maybe by 2 might or something. I really don't care what. Her magic is great, so I haven't been seeing that as any issue on its own.

OgsReja.png?1

Well at least this happened. Sophia good? 

Let me know how he turns out.

Well I only did chapter 16 so far, and I already appreciate his C staves. That's only 1 rank away from physic. Dang. His speed isn't doing him many favors for doubling, but 13 defense is pretty nice, especially if you're willing to give him an angelic robe. Then he's quite a tanky mage. Speaking of robes, I have 6 of them from this chapter alone, and I still have spare money, even after paying the full 10k for Hugh...I forget how much money this game gives you.

Hugh being a prepromote doesn't feel broken by any means, given that this tends to be the part of the game where your army is generally all promoted by now. Seems to be pretty balanced, aside from the good staff rank, but I need something to justfiy 10k. I'll report more once he finally reaches S tomes for Forblaze. 

In terms of rewards for getting a gaiden, I don't think it's necessary. Armads is pretty good, and you already need it to beat the whole game. Which isn't to say that's a bad place for it, just that it wouldn't be necessary to encourage going to 12x.

Yeeeah, that makes sense. I suppose I'm just thinking of suggestions for where to place it on a chest that seems like a cool spot imo. It's not necessarily a reward for unlocking the gaiden as much as it's meant to be a reward for outrunning the thieves, but then I guess it could easily be missed.

lmao Cath with base B swords

I wish

I just want her to have D rank so she isn't stuck with iron swords at 3 strength. The brave sword on her inventory idea is more of just an implication of her actually stealing something successfully in her spare time. Maybe her not being to use it can be a joke of her not knowing how Fire Emblem works. Really, it'd be simple to just have the brave sword be an item in a chapter 12 chest, which I believe is what Jotari suggested. 

Man, why are my lvl 10 rogues getting so much xp? Someone stop them! Seriosuly, they're killing dragons on their own. It's getting worrisome. Chad and Cath's support bonuses have made them feel more broken than Rutger and Clarine. 

EHF6JZQ.png?1

Remember. These dragons have roughly 40 more accuracy than your average enemy.

Sure, she got hit here. Bad example, but she did dodge the other dragon of the chapter, and literally every non dragon enemy. Also, Cath's crit looks cool here.

CieZl1H.png?1

Didn't even need the 2nd hit. Why did I give Chad angelic robes? He doesn't even need it. I literally just want to see him cap HP because it'd look cool. 

Nt8H7wU.png?1

One last thing I feel like bringing up. I really wish staves were more accurate. It feels insulting that the player has to worry about enemy staves, but your staves are practically worthless when not targeting someone with 0 res, but when would that help? It's only more insulting that missing wastes your very limited staff use anyways, but I suppose that's what helps when the enemies have them. I get that Douglas has competent res, and you don't NEED to sleep him to recruit him, but it still feels insulting. Even other enemies are really hard to hit. And don't get me started on the silence staff. Who are you going to silence? My accuracy against bishops in this game is like, 10 at most. For such rare staves, you'd want them to be strategical items that you use on occasions where they'd get you out of a tough spot, not a gambling simulator in Vegas. Heck, I hate staves missing in Conquest, and they're way more accurate in that game. I'm that guy who likes 100 accuracy status staves in Thracia. At least I know I can hurt them back. You can buy restore staffs in chapter 14, so getting hit by them won't end you if you have nearby healers, or you could sleep them before they sleep you, then you get 5 turns to reach and kill them. Not saying that should be how they should work here, since that would be a big change, given how many status staves this game has. I just want some way for them to be more reliable on you end. That's the end of my rant. At least I have Hugh to cheer me up. And money.

One solution for Sophia could be to give her access to Anima magic. It might feel like you're stepping abit on the toes of mages there, but if she comes after all the default mages and Sages get access to light magic anyway, I don't see much issue with giving Shamans (or at least female Shamans) access to anima magic at tier 1.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:50 PM, Shaky Jones said:

What I'd do is give her some skill boost, maybe 3 or something, then give her a tome with like 120 hit.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:06 AM, Jotari said:

One solution for Sophia could be to give her access to Anima magic.

Interesting ideas. Fire would probably be a big help for her, since it has an impressive 95 hit. It would also be weirdly appropriate given Lilina's light rank. She can use light magic as a sage like in FE8, while Sophia can use anima magic as a druid like in FE8. However, I'm a little concerned that would make anima her primary weapon type in practice, and I would like to preserve her identity as a dark magic user. Perhaps though, since she'd be joining with E anima compared to D dark. A personal tome doesn't have that issue, but may be slightly more...off-kilter, given that it's much more customized.

Hugh being a prepromote doesn't feel broken by any means, given that this tends to be the part of the game where your army is generally all promoted by now. Seems to be pretty balanced, aside from the good staff rank, but I need something to justfiy 10k. I'll report more once he finally reaches S tomes for Forblaze.

Yeah, definitely do that. While the staff rank might be a little too good, it's the best way I know to make it justifiable to pay full price for him (since I don't know how to edit how much his stats go down after each price drop), and that's more-or-less what I wanted to do. Make Hugh a unit you'd be tempted to shell out for.

Yeeeah, that makes sense. I suppose I'm just thinking of suggestions for where to place it on a chest that seems like a cool spot imo. It's not necessarily a reward for unlocking the gaiden as much as it's meant to be a reward for outrunning the thieves, but then I guess it could easily be missed.

Perhaps, but that is an improvement over not getting one at all.

Didn't even need the 2nd hit. Why did I give Chad angelic robes? He doesn't even need it. I literally just want to see him cap HP because it'd look cool.

Phew, I thought that was a natural HP growth. Had me worried for a second.

Yeah, these guys do look pretty scary. The crit bonus is constant for whoever has is, so halving it for Rogues isn't really an option, but I will think of something, probably.

One last thing I feel like bringing up. I really wish staves were more accurate.

Now this is an issue I'm sympathetic towards. Firstly, because I never use Sleep on Douglas and didn't realize this would affect his recruitment for some people. Secondly because I generally agree about having reliable tools to use against enemies, especially if they're so limited in supply. I'm more than hesitant to buff their accuracy since they are such a prominent enemy asset, and that sounds like it could make for some pretty severe changes to how the maps play. Maybe not though, low-res units might not notice too much, but it would severely nerf strategies like staff-baiting with Fae.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

This looks interesting, is it compatible with the unique boss palette patch?

That...is a good question. I'm not immediately aware of anything that would conflict with them, except for possibly the translation patch. Is the boss palette patch for the English or Japanese version?

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That...is a good question. I'm not immediately aware of anything that would conflict with them, except for possibly the translation patch. Is the boss palette patch for the English or Japanese version?

All it says is a clean FE6 rom.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

7 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

All it says is a clean FE6 rom.

Wait, people use this thing? I had no idea. I made it with Nightmare modules despite the year being 2019 and that caused a couple of bugs that I never even figured out how to fix.

Anyway, I'm almost certain the two hacks won't be compatible. Sorry.

Edited by Saint Rubenio