Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors is a thing

ciphertul

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting a Golden Ending courtesy of time travel, it seems. Not sure how to feel about the premise, but I'm eager to see where things go!

• Everyone has new timeskip designs. Dimitri in particular keeps his eye and is sane, likely because the backstory is spoiled ahead of time, and I like Edelgard's tiara and Hubert's more "cleaner" look! The 3H spam in FEH is going to be even worse though, you just know we're getting the new Lord designs as alts for launch at the very least, which'll put Edelgard on the next AHR event.
  • Dimitri and Claude working together, yay!! I think this is the one thing everyone who theorized a "Golden Route" expected to see. Edelgard's still on her own, but Byleth's ambiguous: she's either with the Church or with the former duo. If this really is a "Golden Route", I doubt we'll be able to side with Edelgard.
  • F!Byleth is the "canon" choice it seems. It fits thematically (the other main players - other than TWSITD - in the war are women) and romantically for the three Lords. Also F!Byleth is more popular in the fandom and F!Byleth likely balances the genders of the other main characters out. I'd like for her to talk, but given she was silent to begin with I sadly have my doubts about that. Hopefully she has a fixed name this time though, and others will refer to her by name this time.
  • I'd love to see some Cipher OCs, but won't hold my breath. I hope we see the Ashen Wolves though - and NOT as DLC, please!
  • I wonder when the time split will happen? Byleth is still "Awoken", but that could happen through other means this time.
  • Hopefully story-wise this will be better than Hyrule Warriors 1, but it already seems promising in that regard. Besides Koei Tecmo did the heavy lifting with 3H in the first place, so hopefully they still care about the cast. The "eschewing a crossover angle to tell a focused story" thing is yet another similarity to Age of Calamity. I'm sure that'll come up in interviews.

Overall, I'm excited to see what comes of this, regardless of how the story plays out. Hopefully it's good! Bring on June 24th! (Also, who on earth saw this coming?)

P.S.

• I may have misremembered it, but I believe the second shot of Ascended Byleth fighting had her break her sword, but it was a silver sword, not the Creator Sword. I wonder why she wasn't using her signature. Maybe she lost it or it became deactive through overuse (they made durability canon)?
  • Some people on Reddit were worried about this, so: M!Byleth will likely be available for side missions and supports even if F!Byleth is canon to the main story. FEW1 did the same with the other avatars (M!Robin and F!Corrin were chosen for the story and the others were unlockable for everything else).
Edited by DefyingFates

Never played a Warriors game, but I'm intrigued by this and will definitely be picking it up. I'm curious by this choice, but also weirded out by it, to be honest. Like, I like this choice, but I'd also really like a standard FE game as well. Maybe we'll get one later in the Direct. 

Just now, DefyingFates said:

you just know we're getting the new Lord designs as alts for launch at the very least, which'll put Edelgard on the next AHR event.

It's almost like they just introduced a new form that the House Lords haven't been subject to yet!

2 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

It's almost like they just introduced a new form that the House Lords haven't been subject to yet!

I didn't even think about that...

2 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe we'll get one later in the Direct.

Fingers crossed!

Man, That lack of mainline FE hurts. Well the leaks as of this moment where false. Only the spinoff was shown at least.

I knew it though, the moment they showed to Fortress Knights it was Three Houses Warriors.

Edited by ciphertul

On 3/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, Florete said:

Possible, but don't be surprised if it ends up being Three Houses Warriors like Persona 5 Scramble, maybe with a bonus character or two thrown in.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Florete said:

Mild Age of Calamity spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I can see them taking the AoC route and doing something that doesn't exactly fit into canon. Start it near the end of the 5 year gap without any clear allegiance from Byleth (put her in a Silver Snow-like scenario but the Black Eagles are still with Edelgard) and make this game end up as the "golden route" that Three Houses didn't have.

Called that one pretty hard LUL.

Excited, though.

I remember predicting this some time ago. It seemed logical enough. 

While a more conventional(and properly executed) FE Warriors had my preference I'm down for a Three Houses Warriors. It helps that the cast is strong enough to carry a Warriors game, and they don't seem to merely retell the same story as the original game. This may be a chance for the Three Houses stories to be told a little more gracefully. Or a little more poorly depending on how it goes. 

Curious that we haven't seen any of the student except Hubert. If we're not doing clones then I think not everyone may make the cut. And in that case poor Ignatz is probably a hopeless cause. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

While a more conventional(and properly executed) FE Warriors had my preference I'm down for a Three Houses Warriors. It helps that the cast is strong enough to carry a Warriors game, and they don't seem to merely retell the same story as the original game. This may be a chance for the Three Houses stories to be told a little more gracefully. Or a little more poorly depending on how it goes. 

How much bloodlust do you think the fans who wanted and where baited with having Ike and Roy that still won't happen now?

Edited by ciphertul

7 minutes ago, emazur said:

I never played the other FE Warriors game - did they directly recycle the music from previous entries or do all new arrangements or introduce new music?

Koei Tecmo typically does full remixes.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And in that case poor Ignatz is probably a hopeless cause. 

Hopefully they're NPCs at least?

P.S. I'm going to work on making an analysis video. Hopefully it'll be out soon!

13 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

How much bloodlust do you think the fans who wanted and where baited with having Ike and Roy that still won't happen now?

I wonder if we have to wait till next year, the 20th anniversary of FE7, for a "complete version" of the Elibe saga, and maybe it could go the way of 3D All-Stars and the FE1 30th anniversary Switch version by being only available for a limited time?

Anyway, this game looks like a Three Houses gone Warriors. Now you have more enemies to contend with at once, unlike the number of enemies in the main line entries...

Edited by shadowjam
Got my math wrong. :(

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Koei Tecmo typically does full remixes.

Hopefully they're NPCs at least?

P.S. I'm going to work on making an analysis video. Hopefully it'll be out soon!

I do wonder who will be playable, the teaser only shows Edelgard, Cluade, Dimitri, Hubert, Judith, Randolf and the Immaculate one.

I personally hope Rhea is playable and not just a boss.

No standard FE later in the Direct, but I guess we'll take this for now. It honestly feels like the Monkey's Paw of choices, and the more I think about it the less I like it as a standalone. I just really hope we don't have to wait too long until a new standard FE games. Regardless, I'm curious and excited about the story, and am happy to see Three Houses continuing to follow the Persona 5 model by getting a Warriors sequel story and game. 

Man I'm so conflicted because I want to find out how the new story unfolds but I find Warriors games to be so so so boring and repetitive. 90% of the time it felt like I was just smashing buttons randomly until I clear the stage so I can progress with the story. 

Edited by zuibangde

I am guessing they are probably to either let you choose where Byleth starts like in three houses (with only flavor diffrences) or make it so Byleth chose none kind of thing.

Also for FEH I am guessing they will give the three houses Brave versions resplendents for the sake of not adding them to CYL and this will be there new outfits or something like that.  It is early to give them resplendent but this is kind of a unique scenario of a squel like game coming out with a pre-existing cast.

Just now, shadowjam said:

I wonder if we have to wait till next year, the 20th anniversary of FE7, for a "complete version" of the Elibe saga, and maybe it could go the way of 3D All-Stars and the FE1 20th anniversary Switch version by being only available for a limited time?

I wouldn't mind either a remake or just an online version of both Elibe games TBH. But if Intsys and Nintendo ignored the 25th anniversary of Genealogy - aka the most popular FE game in Japan according to Famitsu - I can't see them acknowledging the 20th anniversary of FE7. 

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

To me it looks like it takes place during the five years Byleth was in a coma, but they stayed awake this time

Interesting! I didn't perceive it as that, but I can definitely see that being the case! I saw it as Byleth either overriding Jeralt's death or someone else going back. Doing so causes Byleth to remember everything, which changes how she acts and what she does at Garrag Mach.

I am thoroughly excited. Not only for the amazing remixes we will no doubt get of Three House's music but also for a new FEW based on Three Houses.

I'm interested to see what the story will be exactly. It seems to be set during the 5 year skip but also leading to a possible golden route where everyone is happy? I'm not sure (nor am I expecting much from a warriors game story wise...) but am excited to see what they do.

Hopefully all of the characters are included as playable, but I'm doubtful. I just hope we see them as npcs none the less. The new ocs look... interesting.

Honestly, at the end of the day, gameplay is most important. As long as that is good and we get great music, possibly some more lore for Fodlan, I'll be happy. Nice to see its coming out soon enough too.

Also, that limited edition looks so nice... 5 figures... hee hee

Edited by Azz

i knew this was coming as soon as learned that koei temco developed three houses, seems like easy money.  

im kinda interested to see what a golden route looks like but warriors games are so boring, unless you count persona 5 strikers i didnt mind that

7 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

To me it looks like it takes place during the five years Byleth was in a coma, but they stayed awake this time

Hard to say for sure. We see both the original younger versions of the house leaders, as well as new older versions of them, and Byleth looks the same throughout. It's definitely a new story, though.