Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors is a thing

ciphertul

3 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

To me it looks like it takes place during the five years Byleth was in a coma, but they stayed awake this time

That's a clever thought! It would be an easy place to insert yourself into a story too, from the OCs' perspective!

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Well they literally had all the assets lying around to make this so there was no reason for them not to.

Agreed! Hopefully Koei Tecmo can treat their creations just as well as they did before.

Anyone else have any theories? I'd love to hear any feedback you have as I work on the analysis!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There are no words to express my heartbreak, and now those of us who wanted Fire Emblem Warriors 2 have a painful choice.

Buy it and solidify the single-game approach for Warriors games going forward. Don't buy it and they'll blame the Fire Emblem brand.

Sometimes you gotta swallow your pride, I'm gonna support it as you might have hope but without support it may die.

However it doesn't look like there is character swapping in the trailer hopefully that doesn't mean it has a small cast of playable characters.

DAMMIT!!!

We finally get FEW2 and they do the one thing I did NOT want them to do: pull an Age of Calamity and focus specifically on 3H. All. I. Want. Is to mow down mooks Warriors-style with the Black Knight, and yet it seems as though I've been denied again. Our only hope for any non-3H characters in this roster is the return of history mode and DLC. I can't believe I actually, already, have second thoughts about getting this game. At the very least it's better than the overdose of Awakening and Fates in FEW1, and the roster ought to be more diversified. I mean we're already ensured an armored axe and a lance infantry at base.

I want to be hyped for this. FEW2 and FE6 Remake are the two FE announcements I really wanted to see. But for the former, not like this. Not like this...

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Anyone else have any theories? I'd love to hear any feedback you have as I work on the analysis!

Just a ripple-effect theory. Maybe that Purple-haired character goes back in time, but in doing so, those who have the power to do the same and/or have been affected by such things remember what happened before the reset. So, our story actually takes place at the end of one of the routes (maybe there's some carryover data, since it's on the same system), and then at the very end, someone rewinds the game back to the beginning. Byleth must figure out who did this and why, while also coming to terms with the fact that she can save all those who died during the war by stopping it here and now. Or something like that. 

We may also get an explanation about what Sothis is, assuming that white-haired person is a contemporary or counterpart. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Just now, Baron the Shining Blade said:

DAMMIT!!!

We finally get FEW2 and they do the one thing I did NOT want them to do: pull an Age of Calamity and focus specifically on 3H. All. I. Want. Is to mow down mooks Warriors-style with the Black Knight, and yet it seems as though I've been denied again. Our only hope for any non-3H characters in this roster is the return of history mode and DLC. I can't believe I actually, already, have second thoughts about getting this game. At the very least it's better than the overdose of Awakening and Fates in FEW1, and the roster ought to be more diversified. I mean we're already ensured an armored axe and a lance infantry at base.

I want to be hyped for this. FEW2 and FE6 Remake are the two FE announcements I really wanted to see. But for the former, not like this. Not like this...

This series seems to hold a lot of contempt towards anything that came before Awakening unless it can act as an accessory to the newer games. (such as the pitiful Archanea representation in the original FEW, which might as well have only been there for Awakening)

At this point I don't expect Elibe remakes.  Or anything else.

7 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

This series seems to hold a lot of contempt towards anything that came before Awakening unless it can act as an accessory to the newer games. (such as the pitiful Archanea representation in the original FEW, which might as well have only been there for Awakening)

At this point I don't expect Elibe remakes.  Or anything else.

That would depend on whether they decided to resume development on and move the cancelled 3DS remake to Switch. We can only hope. If so, I'd predict an FE Direct in a few months revealing said remake, plus more info on 3Hopes. But we're really grasping at straws here.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

I had a feeling they might do this game, as the last two crossover Warriors games, HW Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers, both focused on only one game and it works very well, it nicely mixed the original game with the warriors formula and was generally well recieved. I would have loved another path in the original game were we could resolve matters in a better way, maybe this is it ?

Anyways as both a Fire Emblem and Warriors fan, I'm really happy. And I hope we will se new designs for other chracters like the three lords !

I have not seen it elsewhere but Nintendo France confirmed a limited edition with the game, an artbook, a fabric Fodlan map,  5 acrylic figures and postcards

Spoiler

FLMKGNDXEAMvQmG?format=jpg&name=large

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Some artwork of the three lords:

Edelgard:

Reveal hidden contents

a0f21d517170e303d3f406f90627212d0c9a5331.jpg

Dimitri:

Reveal hidden contents

4eb89a67d0d4668dccce284c14b90c8d99865e9d.jpg

Claude:

Reveal hidden contents

ef864cd347608a637f33e677d8d6af50039662ba.jpg

So Edelgard doesn't have the Aymr... isn't that the Axe of Uskovania or is it Zoltan? But what does it mean that she doesn't have it?

Just now, ciphertul said:

So Edelgard doesn't have the Aymr... isn't that the Axe of Uskovania or is it Zoltan? But what does it mean that she doesn't have it?

I'm not sure what axe it is exactly. I don't think it was featured in TH so it's probably unique to this game. The lack of Aymr probably means TWSITD haven't made it for her yet, possibly.

3 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Elibe, Jugdral and Tellius left in the dust.  As always.

I suspect that when the echoes versions of them come out they will get spam loved. And the next echoes should cover one of three at least.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There are no words to express my heartbreak, and now those of us who wanted Fire Emblem Warriors 2 have a painful choice.

Buy it and solidify the single-game approach for Warriors games going forward. Don't buy it and they'll blame the Fire Emblem brand.

Tbh I think its kind of better this way as I don't think this will be the last warriors game but the next warrior game was 100% going to be dominated by three houses simply because its new. This way they can appeal to three houses without sidelining older characters in the game. Imagine how much complaining if one of three houses lords did something while [Insert other game lord here] is on the screen.  If this was a more traditonal mixed cast warriors game there would be no winning for three houses as people would constantly say they overshadow the others even if its not true or avoid the other problem of having the three houses lords do so little people wonder why they are in the game.  Its a no win situation but at least this way they can give other charcter better due in games moving forwards that three houses could be in (i.e a more traditions warrior sequel down the road).

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Edelgard:

Hide contents

Dimitri:

Hide contents

Claude:

Hide contents

Source, please?

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I had a feeling they might do this game, as the last two crossover Warriors games, HW Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers, both focused on only one game and it works very well, it nicely mixed the original game with the warriors formula and was generally well recieved. I would have loved another path in the original game were we could resolve matters in a better way, maybe this is it ?

Anyways as both a Fire Emblem and Warriors fan, I'm really happy. And I hope we will se new designs for other chracters like the three lords !

I have not seen it elsewhere but Nintendo France confirmed a limited edition with the game, an artbook, a fabric Fodlan map,  5 acrylic figures and postcards

Reveal hidden contents

FLMKGNDXEAMvQmG?format=jpg&name=large

The link isn't working, I'm afraid. Do you have another, please?

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Aymr was crafted during the time skip, so this suggests the idea that Three Hopes splits off earlier than that.

Just now, Azz said:

I'm not sure what axe it is exactly. I don't think it was featured in TH so it's probably unique to this game. The lack of Aymr probably means TWSITD haven't made it for her yet, possibly.

In the trailer it has the pulsing blue glow like the Uskovania so if it's not that then it's still a sacred weapon.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Edelgard:

Reveal hidden contents

Dimitri:

Reveal hidden contents

Claude:

Reveal hidden contents

Now that I get a closer look at these, the three of them actually look younger. I'm now wondering if there's no "5 years later" at all in this game.

I can definitely understand the disappointment regarding it only focusing on Three Houses. Its not the ''Warriors Orochi 3 all star spectacular super Warriors crossover'' that Fire Emblem deserved. However unlike the previous FE Warriors where I'll likely go to my grave grumpy about it I find this acceptable enough. 

Firstly because I saw it coming. Koei already having the Three Houses assets laying around and being the 3H's devs always made it rather inevitable that they'd do a Three Houses Warriors. It just makes sense to re-use your assets this way. Especially if you're Koei and have a reputation for cutting corners. I made my peace with this a long time ago and it helps that I like Three Houses enough to see the potential of the idea.

What also helps is that they're up front about it. We know right away what to expect so we have time to come to terms with this. And while the original FE Warriors was a celebration of the series that made it clear half of the fans weren't welcome at the party this Warriors just celebrates a single game which paradoxically is a far less damning message. 

And focusing on one game does have merits. The last FE Warriors juggled 3 games and ultimately did none of them justice. If the devs use this singular focus to give Three Houses the game it deserves then so be it.

@DefyingFates Not sure of the source, I just found them on twitter and tumblr being circulated amongst the news.

Also, here is the special edition contents. Seems to be Japan and Europe only so far as I didn't see it in the American version of the direct:

Spoiler

Fire-Emblem-Warriors-Three-Hopes-limited-edition-656x369.jpg

Forgive me in advance because I'm probably going to sound rather cynical and the opposite of excited for this game, but I can't help but see the game for its marketing strategy.

Warriors crossovers that are typical crossovers don't sell well, but then they release Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers: Warriors crossovers targeted squarely at those much-more-popular franchises' fans by promising a story set in their fictional universes, all while deliberately avoiding questions about whether or not said stories are actually canon, and those games naturally sell far more than than Warriors games normally do. With Age of Calamity in particular, which is still the best-selling Warriors game of all time, what grabbed people was the promise that the game was a prequel to Breath of the Wild (something which turned out to be a false promise); the game sold entirely on its association with Breath of the Wild. So, now they're doing more of that.

I cannot shake the feeling that this is a game meant to leech off of Three Houses' success, and all that that entails. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, and I can honestly see the potential in a Three Houses Warriors to an extent, but the moment I saw this, I honestly groaned.

For just one example, for me, a big part of what saves the story of Three Houses is the depth of its characters, as the plot very much bites off more than it can chew. Given how badly Age of Calamity flanderized the characters from Breath of the Wild despite the Zelda team supervising that game, I have little hope that the characters will be intact for this game.