Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors is a thing

ciphertul

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

How Divine Pulse could even be handled in a Warriors Setting is kind of an interesting idea in of itself. It's a power that very pointedly exists because of the mechanics of Fire Emblem, which have now been removed. Will they include a Prince of Persia style rewind time feature? A Xenoblade vision of powerful enemy attacks feature? Both work in 3D hack'n slash games, but neither seem particularly Warriorsesque (correct me if I'm wrong). They might just ignore Divine Pulse entirely.

Warriors Orochi 3 is the first thing that comes to mind. The plot begins "Three heroes of the dozens from mainline Musou try defeating the Hydra, only to fail miserably and by a miracle end up being sent back in time to recruit their comrades and rivals who had all died beforehand.". 

Now in gameplay, on several occasions, the game forces you to play a stage where someone ends up dying. And then later, once you have other heroes who have the skills, knowledge, and circumstances that would've been necessary to avert the death, you can replay the same stage almost the same way but this time save the hero who had perished. You might also need to clear an additional optional stage first.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/9/2022 at 5:02 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Just an additional thought - I really hope the game doesn't go the whole "Three Lords Against the Church" path. I don't think they will, at least not fully, but won't be able to shake that fear until the game comes out. 

Fuck, I wish you hadn't said this. Have you seen the leaks? Rhea, and the Church by extension gets raked through the bloody mud in this game. It feels like they addressed everyone's concerns.... Except about Rhea. If anything they super-hyper-ultra-flanderized her. Not a good day to be a Silver Snow fan, to say the least.

On 6/23/2022 at 4:14 PM, GoddessNobodyKnows said:

Fuck, I wish you hadn't said this. Have you seen the leaks? Rhea, and the Church by extension gets raked through the bloody mud in this game. It feels like they addressed everyone's concerns.... Except about Rhea. If anything they super-hyper-ultra-flanderized her. Not a good day to be a Silver Snow fan, to say the least.

They didn't flanderize her, they just really focused on challenging and giving fallout for Rhea's actions this time.

On 6/23/2022 at 4:14 PM, GoddessNobodyKnows said:

Rhea, and the Church by extension gets raked through the bloody mud in this game. It feels like they addressed everyone's concerns.... Except about Rhea. If anything they super-hyper-ultra-flanderized her. Not a good day to be a Silver Snow fan, to say the least.

They were already raked through the mud in the first game. We saw them repeatedly execute people with no trial, even execute people for crimes they didn't commit, censor books, lie about history, use religious imagery to attack their political enemies, purge dissident Church factions, etc. From everything I've heard Three Hopes seems to be going out of its way to make more explicit some things that apparently weren't obvious enough in the original text, so I'm not surprised that includes being even less subtle on how the Church of Seiros is not meant to be a seen as a good organization. At all.

Rhea herself I find very compelling so I do hope the new game continues to dig into how her backstory shapes her actions - I like her a lot because she's both sympathetic and credible, while still doing terrible things. So in that sense I do hope she's not "ultra-flanderized". But I also don't blame the writers for essentially taking a direct shot at people who misread the game so badly that they unironically said things like "Rhea did nothing wrong".