Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors is a thing

ciphertul

9 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was SS first, them AM and VW after. CF wasn't even going to be a route but a group of the developer's really wanted to create a route where they sided with her which makes it sound like her route was a last minute choice

I remember reading the last part, but do you have a link to the tidbit about AM and VW coming after SS, please?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really excited for this game! The only thing that will stop me from buying this game completely is if more than half of the roster is missing. I sure hope NPCs like Gatekeeper and Judith, and DLC Ashen Wolf characters will be playable.

I don't see a golden route in the main 3H game because it would be hard to incorporate into the maps and battle, but a Warrior game can just be explained away in cutscenes and filler battles just to explain the plot (Koei likes to do that). Since Edelgard is wielding a different axe here, she was probably the "variation" that was changed by the plot shenanigans (time travel probably), since she was a major villain in most of the routes (and frankly her own route too but that's just my opinion). My guess is she was prevented from creating her alternative identity entirely. Not sure how, maybe going all the way back to her past to prevent her tragic backstory from happening so her belief and hatred for the crests would cease to exist. Or it could be a totally new Edelgard from universe where she didn't hold hatred towards crest and church.

As excited as I am for this game, it is still not mainline and I hope we can still get one this year. It's only February but I already can tell that it's not gonna be a good year for me so I need some good news and FE to play.

1 hour ago, FailWood said:

I don't think keeping the genders even was the reason why they chose F!Byleth over M!Byleth.  Remember, in the first Warriors game they chose F!Corrin over M!Corrin for the story even though that made the gender ratio for the Fates royals 4 males and 6 females.  Plus that game's playable roster had a good amount of favoritism towards women to begin with, not to mention the DLC was 3 men and 6 women, skewing it further in favor of women.

Actually, the first warriors "Keeping genders balanced" was taken a bit out of context. They are talking about warriors's story and how gem stones holders will all be guys with Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander and Corrin, if they make him a guy. So to make sure it's not all guys, they used Female Corrin. 

Logged on after seeing this game, and I am so excited. Three Houses was one of my favorite games of all time, so I'm looking forward to a new adventure with its cast. I wonder if the guy with the blue/purple hair is a new Avatar? That could explain why they used Female Byleth for promoting trailer and the art. 

That being said, I'm not surprised title is directly related to Three Houses. Three Houses was a critical success to the point that it really helped bring out FE's name like never before, contrary to what this forums will make you think. Of course they wanna capitalize off that hype. 

33 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was SS first, them AM and VW after. CF wasn't even going to be a route but a group of the developer's really wanted to create a route where they sided with her which makes it sound like her route was a last minute choice

I'm pretty sure that was the order in which they were made, not the order in which they were conceptualized. According to a Nintendo Dream interview, a route where the player sides with Edelgard was always planned, but it was originally going to be a lot harder to access than it is now.

The more I think about it, the more bust potential I see.

Coming off Age of Calamity, which had great gameplay but a horrendous story, courtesy of the blatant false advertisement and random OC with time travel, we got Three Hopes. A game whose first trailer points to a golden ending (I'm actually fine with that since 3H didn't have one), an OC and time travel is Byleth's thing since day 1.

The one reason I'm not disgusted at the "Yay, golden ending!" potential is because realistically, all of the major factors have beef with Those Who Slither in the Dark. (Or would have. Sorry Lions.)

That might explain Aymr being conspicuously gone. Interestingly enough, we see Edelgard vs. Dimitri getting broken up by Claude, Claude vs. Dimitri (why tho) and then both pairing up. Not exactly in that order.

We know that Edelgard invades Garreg Mach in this game (Ch. 8 to be more precise).

Honestly, I'd rather have multiple storylines, but I'll give them a fair shot. There's just too little information about this game's story rn.

Also, as for non-3H characters... Don't hold your breath. This is not FEW2. It may come down the line, but this game is certainly not it. 

2 minutes ago, Volt-Ikazuchi said:

The more I think about it, the more bust potential I see.

Coming off Age of Calamity, which had great gameplay but a horrendous story, courtesy of the blatant false advertisement and random OC with time travel, we got Three Hopes. A game whose first trailer points to a golden ending (I'm actually fine with that since 3H didn't have one), an OC and time travel is Byleth's thing since day 1.

Yeah; Age of Calamity was a massive disappointment thanks to the false-advertising that surrounded it.

To give this game a bit of credit, at least it doesn't seem to be pretending to be a canon narrative; they're just claiming that it is "a different story set in the Three Houses universe".

Anyway, I just realized: a big part of Three Houses is character customization in the sense of having full control over what classes and skills the characters will learn, so I wonder what they're going to do here: are they just going to have characters use their default classes/weapons, or are they going to try to incorporate that aspect of Three Houses in some way?

My thoughts on the trailer (spoilered for length):

Spoiler

This is likely set before Garreg Mach is invaded by Edelgard (the Adrestian forces are shown making movements towards it in the map segment). Edelgard is missing her Aymr, but is shown with an axe that looks like a Sacred Weapon - that curiously features the Crest of Seiros on it. She uses the Crest of Flames in battle.

Dimitri is shown with Aredbhar, and still has both of his eyes.

Claude has Failnaught and a White Wyvern, but no beard yet. He mentions "Now that I know..." - so he found out something it would seem, and him stopping Edelgard and Dimitri from coming to blows adds fuel to that fire I'd say.

Purple haired fella appears to be the "vessel" for the white haired entity shown in the key art - the same facial markings that the entity has appear on purple-haired dude's face when fighting Byleth. He wields a Relic of some kind judging by the key-art, but it appears to have no Crest Stone (might need to re-check his fight with Byleth).

My wild guess regarding him: Given that the white haired entity in the key art doesn't have pointed ears or green hair I don't think they're aligned with the Nabateans. But maybe they're connected to the Agarthans, perhaps the "Sacred Light" (the Sun) that Sothis took from the Agarthans when their cities were flooded? Like, their God-entity? There's also a sun/star-like motif in the background of the key-art, though it's significance is hard to tell. Also a very tiny segment showed what appeared to be neon-like lines in a watery setting, which screams Agarthan design to me.

Byleth meanwhile does not have the Sword of the Creator, but can still "Awaken", so it would seem Byleth dodged Zahras confinement courtesy of Solon.

Other anecdotes:

Spoiler

A red-haired girl was shown briefly - one that has striking similarity to Monica if you ask me. If my eyes don't fail me, she has the same style of earrings as the ornaments hanging from Edelgard's crown in 3H.

Judith shows up, as does Hubert, and Hilda (she's shown briefly in a clip with Claude). Jeralt makes a brief (flashback scene) appearance.

Also since I had a look at the official Japanese website (Disclosure: I've only skimmed and quickly grinded the text through an auto-translater so no 100% certainty of accuracy here), but this caught my eye:

2月17日(大)子約開始 - On the 17th of February, there's going to be an announcement(?).
(I believe this tidbit is also written in the official Japanese FEW Twitter account)

As for now, this is the currently available info on the site:

Spoiler

Pre-order DLC(?):

An Owl perch to place in "your room", which can drop Owl Feathers to give out as gifts and thus raise support. Not sold separately (so like that extra weapon for Link in AoC I take it)

Save data extras:

If save data from Fire Emblem Warriors or/and 3H are present on the same Switch Console when playing FEW 3H, you will receive extra gold and items in FEW 3H - there's one bonus for each type of save data (so a total of two if I read that correctly).

Amiibo:

FE amiibos can be scanned just like in FEW and HW. A total of 5 different amiibo can be scanned every 24hrs.

Original Japanese below:
Spoiler

ダウンロード

版より

購入特典

ゲーム内アイテム
「ふくろうの止まり木」

自室前に、ふくろうが定期的に出現するようになります。
ふくろうに話しかけると、贈り物「伝書ふくろうの羽根」を入手できます。「伝書ふくろうの羽根」は「贈り物」として使用することができ、贈った相手との支援値が大きく上昇します。

パッケージ版には付属いたしません。後日有料販売される可能性があります。

セーブデータ

連動特典

Nintendo Switch™本体に『ファイアーエムブレム無双』または『ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月』のセーブデータが存在している状態で、本ゲームを開始すると、ゲーム内で使用できるお金やアイテムが手に入ります。

『ファイアーエムブレム無双』および『ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月』それぞれで1回ずつ特典が獲得できます。

タッチすることで、ゲーム内で使用できる武器、アイテム、お金のいずれかを入手することができます。
「ファイアーエムブレム」シリーズに登場するキャラクターのamiiboでは、より良いものが手に入りやすくなります。

同一キャラクターは1日1回、最大1日5キャラクターまで特典を獲得できます。

....Whew that was a tl;dr I guess. 

Personally I'm looking forward to having another go at marching with my Golden Deers again and I hope to see more returning faces. For now though it's time to sleep in my corner of the world.
Edited by Tactician_Iris
Typo

2 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:
3 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

This series seems to hold a lot of contempt towards anything that came before Awakening unless it can act as an accessory to the newer games. (such as the pitiful Archanea representation in the original FEW, which might as well have only been there for Awakening)

Its probably for Marketing Reasons. For the international market, the first 6 games in the series, never came out in the west, and the ones that came after were not super popular. Awakening is what saved the franchise, and it, Fates, and Three Houses were the games that got the most sales, so of course they are going to get the most amount of representation because the characters are most familiar to the international audiences. You don't expect people to get more hype from Julia than Edelgard right?  From my personal experience, I started with Fates, and my friends in college who play Fire Emblem tell me that they started with either Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses.This website is just a small faction of the fanbase. 

Edited by ZeManaphy

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Its probably for Marketing Reasons. For the international market, the first 6 games in the series, never came out in the west, and the ones that came after were not super popular. Awakening is what saved the franchise, and it, Fates, and Three Houses were the games that got the most sales, so of course they are going to get the most amount of representation because the characters are most familiar to the international audiences. You don't expect people to get more hype from Julia than Edelgard right?  From my personal experience, I started with Fates, and my friends in college who play Fire Emblem tell me that they started with either Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses. We are just a very small faction of the fanbase. 

Honestly, remakes should help this, but I'm told Echoes didn't do so well. (Dunno how good that game is, haven't had the chance to play it yet.)

Just now, Volt-Ikazuchi said:

Honestly, remakes should help this, but I'm told Echoes didn't do so well. (Dunno how good that game is, haven't had the chance to play it yet.)

I personally did not like it, largely because it kept all the flaws of Gaiden like the atrocious maps and how Alm breaks the writing in half while Celica is just a damsel in distress in end, as well as lacking modern adjustments like pair up and flexible class change. It does however, have a fanbase, and possibly some of the best presentation in any FE title.

5 minutes ago, Volt-Ikazuchi said:

It sold 700k copies not bad really. But the games before sold like 2 mil+ each. And three houses selling 3mil+ possibly. It bad. 

32 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, I just realized: a big part of Three Houses is character customization in the sense of having full control over what classes and skills the characters will learn, so I wonder what they're going to do here: are they just going to have characters use their default classes/weapons, or are they going to try to incorporate that aspect of Three Houses in some way?

They could do what Dynasty Warriors started doing with DW7 and Samurai Warriors 5 has done. Create the movesets, and then have everyone be able to access all of them based on the weapon (and mount or armor in the case of FE) they have chosen to equip. Uniqueness then, comes from having one weapon type wherein character gets a few extra attacks that nobody else gets, indicating their preferred weapon type.

Thinking about 3H the movesets could be.:

1. Sword Infantry
  2. Lance Infantry
  3. Axe Infantry
  4. Bow Infantry
  5. Gauntlet Infantry
  6. Magic (maybe split into Reason, Dark, and Faith movesets?) Infantry
  7. Lance Cavalier
  8. Axe Cavalier
  9. Bow Cavalier
  10. Magic Cavalier
  11. Axe Armor
  12. Lance Flier
  13. Axe Flier
  14. Bow Flier
  15. Magic Flier
  16. Sword-Magic Hybrid Infantry?
  17. Gauntlets-Magic Hybrid Infantry?
  18. Lance-Magic Hybrid Cavalier?

Seems plausible in quantity.

It is certainly a thing and, honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, I'd have preferred a proper FE Warriors 2 with the inclusions of more Elibe and Tellius characters, but I have no problem with Three Houses Warriors. I'm intrigued about what the story will be. I would think it might be a "fifth route" or a golden path, of sorts. My one fear is that they skimp out on the roster. There's no reason for any playable Three Houses character to be excluded from this roster.

Not looking to pop anyone's bubble here, but I think you guys should temper your expectation, especially after KT released Age of Calamity and SW5. I really like both of these games, but even as a Warriors fans, I've to admit that KT has been more than a bit lazy. Now, I'll reserve my judgement on DW9: Empire, but until then, just... don't feel too bad if you see clone movesets.

As for the whole gender thing, I remember making a thread asking people about whether the thematic leitmotifs of the story influence on their preference. Like, a lot of people like male Robin because it fits into the whole "brother killing brother", while with Fates it's female Corrin cause "Young woman crushed by choices". For Byleth though, while female? I guess that it makes she a more credible reincarnation of a goddess. On the other hand, it might be related to motherhood--she could be compared to a mother who saw her children grew up and tore down their family?

And gods know, Dimitry and Rhea really need a mother.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would prefer locked combinations of movesets. Like, Hilda gets access to knight and warrior, while Caspar gets warrior and grappler.

That's probably what they're going to do, if they do incorporate variation. I can see how that would work for a number of characters: Ingrid would have Pegasus Knight and Paladin, Dedue would have knight and warrior/grappler, Ashe would have warrior and sniper, etc. But there are some characters where the choices are less-than-obvious, either because they seem particularly suited for one particular class (Hubert = dark mage, Bernadetta = sniper, etc.) or because they are widely varied to the point of options being non-obvious (Petra, Marianne, etc.).

19 minutes ago, lecongvu said:

Not looking to pop anyone's bubble here, but I think you guys should temper your expectation, especially after KT released Age of Calamity and SW5. I really like both of these games, but even as a Warriors fans, I've to admit that KT has been more than a bit lazy. Now, I'll reserve my judgement on DW9: Empire, but until then, just... don't feel too bad if you see clone movesets.

Believe me; my expectations are at Rock Bottom, largely thanks to Age of Calamity.

I'm definitely excited about this game. The more I think about it the more I think there's a pretty solid chance we actually get most/all of the Eagles/Lions/Deer, which would be a dream for me because I'm such a big fan of Dorothea, Lysithea, Felix, Petra, etc. (not to mention the three lords + Hubert, but they're already confirmed!).

For those who were hoping for a FEW with more Elibe/Tellius/etc., I get ya, but even if you are a fan of zero Three Houses characters, this is still no worse than never getting a FEW sequel at all, which always seemed like a real possibility to me.

Agreed with those pointing out that FByleth helps balance out the presence of the 2 men / 1 woman among the lords, just as FCorrin helped balance out the presence of Marth/Chrom/Ryoma/Xander as the prominent cover characters / gem-holders.

2 hours ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

It sold 700k copies not bad really. But the games before sold like 2 mil+ each. And three houses selling 3mil+ possibly. It bad. 

Do you have a source for this figure? Last I checked (admittedly a while ago) there's no public numbers, but I'm a bit doubtful it's that high. External metrics point at the game being significantly less than one third as popular as Awakening/Fates (e.g. its AO3 fic count and Serenes Forest's own message board post counts, for two I can easily check), but it's possible that the game is just less impactful than them even after adjusting for sales.

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Believe me; my expectations are at Rock Bottom, largely thanks to Age of Calamity.

I was kinda disappointed by Age of Calamity too, but that's because I haven't played Breath of the Wild and the game's art/music styles were much less to my taste than the original Hyrule Warriors (also those giant beast sections. Ugh). But in terms of core gameplay and variety of playstyles I was actually quite happy with it? It had something like eighteen distinct playable characters, and a couple had multiple movesets on top of that. I really like the idea of the game having 10-20 playstyles along the lines @Interdimensional Observer mentioned and letting each character use a few appropriate ones.

I do hope the weapon triangle returns despite its demotion to breaker-skills-only in Three Houses; I felt that added quite a bit to FEW.

3 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I was kinda disappointed by Age of Calamity too, but that's because I haven't played Breath of the Wild and the game's art/music styles were much less to my taste than the original Hyrule Warriors (also those giant beast sections. Ugh). But in terms of core gameplay and variety of playstyles I was actually quite happy with it? It had something like eighteen distinct playable characters, and a couple had multiple movesets on top of that. I really like the idea of the game having 10-20 playstyles along the lines @Interdimensional Observer mentioned and letting each character use a few appropriate ones.

I see. In my case, my disappointment with Age of Calamity was because I have played Breath of the Wild, and I saw all the trailers and announcement videos for Age of Calamity that falsely presented it as being a prequel to Breath of the Wild where we would actually get to experience the events of the great calamity that brought Hyrule to ruin. What we got instead was a weak alternate-timeline plot that reads like someone's fanfic where their self-insert character changes time to make all their favourite characters get a consequence-free happier ending.

19 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm definitely excited about this game. The more I think about it the more I think there's a pretty solid chance we actually get most/all of the Eagles/Lions/Deer, which would be a dream for me because I'm such a big fan of Dorothea, Lysithea, Felix, Petra, etc. (not to mention the three lords + Hubert, but they're already confirmed!).

For those who were hoping for a FEW with more Elibe/Tellius/etc., I get ya, but even if you are a fan of zero Three Houses characters, this is still no worse than never getting a FEW sequel at all, which always seemed like a real possibility to me.

Agreed with those pointing out that FByleth helps balance out the presence of the 2 men / 1 woman among the lords, just as FCorrin helped balance out the presence of Marth/Chrom/Ryoma/Xander as the prominent cover characters / gem-holders.

Do you have a source for this figure? Last I checked (admittedly a while ago) there's no public numbers, but I'm a bit doubtful it's that high. External metrics point at the game being significantly less than one third as popular as Awakening/Fates (e.g. its AO3 fic count and Serenes Forest's own message board post counts, for two I can easily check), but it's possible that the game is just less impactful than them even after adjusting for sales.

I do hope the weapon triangle returns despite its demotion to breaker-skills-only in Three Houses; I felt that added quite a bit to FEW.

I check on Google said three houses sold 2.87 mil in 2020 so it been 2 years since than so it possible sold 3mil or close to it. And now with this new spinoff/sequel/prequel. I'll sale more.

3 minutes ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

I check on Google said three houses sold 2.87 mil in 2020 so it been 2 years since than so it possible sold 3mil or close to it. And now with this new spinoff/sequel/prequel. I'll sale more.

Oops, didn't express my thoughts properly. The Awakening/Fates/3H numbers have all been documented and are legitimate as far as I know; I was referring to the SoV figure of 700k.

55 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

But there are some characters where the choices are less-than-obvious, either because they seem particularly suited for one particular class (Hubert = dark mage, Bernadetta = sniper, etc.)

I think both characters have other options: Bernie has a lance talent and riding budding talent so bow cavalry and lance cavalry are both reasonable choices for her. Hubert, similarly, could easily be a mounted mage (Dark Knight) and even a mounted-lance user emphasing his Frozen Lance art and/or the Arrow of Indra.

18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I see. In my case, my disappointment with Age of Calamity was because I have played Breath of the Wild, and I saw all the trailers and announcement videos for Age of Calamity that falsely presented it as being a prequel to Breath of the Wild where we would actually get to experience the events of the great calamity that brought Hyrule to ruin. What we got instead was a weak alternate-timeline plot that reads like someone's fanfic where their self-insert character changes time to make all their favourite characters get a consequence-free happier ending.

Yeah, that's fair, and I'll add that even as a BotW non-player I can't say I found AoC's story to be particularly engaging. Though I admit I have zero story expectations from any Warriors games.

5 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I think both characters have other options: Bernie has a lance talent and riding budding talent so bow cavalry and lance cavalry are both reasonable choices for her. Hubert, similarly, could easily be a mounted mage (Dark Knight) and even a mounted-lance user emphasing his Frozen Lance art and/or the Arrow of Indra.

True; Bernie would have paladin as another option. Not sure about Hubert though. In any case, what do you think for more varied characters like Petra and Marianne.

1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Yeah, that's fair, and I'll add that even as a BotW non-player I can't say I found AoC's story to be particularly engaging. Though I admit I have zero story expectations from any Warriors games.

I don't normally have expectations for a Warriors game's story either; in this case though, Nintendo basically made me have expectations by telling everyone that it would be something.