Fire Emblem Three Houses Warriors is a thing

ciphertul

10 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Oops, didn't express my thoughts properly. The Awakening/Fates/3H numbers have all been documented and are legitimate as far as I know; I was referring to the SoV figure of 700k.

I think both characters have other options: Bernie has a lance talent and riding budding talent so bow cavalry and lance cavalry are both reasonable choices for her. Hubert, similarly, could easily be a mounted mage (Dark Knight) and even a mounted-lance user emphasing his Frozen Lance art and/or the Arrow of Indra.

Yeah, that's fair, and I'll add that even as a BotW non-player I can't say I found AoC's story to be particularly engaging. Though I admit I have zero story expectations from any Warriors games.

I remember from this old youruber channel called chronicles said echoes sold 700k or so. That were I got 700k sales from. I know in japan only sold like 135k.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. I don't think these kind of games are good, nor do I think this story is particularly good...but I'm still going to buy it.

Edited by Jotari

I wonder how many remixes of classic three houses songs we are getting.  The trailer sounded like a slightly diffrent version of the edge of dawn. My guess we will get a bunch of new stuff and probably remixes of the big songs like God shattering star, Apex of the world and Funeral of flowers at least.

I have only 2 question:

Who´s the pale person opposed to Sothis? Some kinda mole people deity?

Is violet haired boy holding a... relic pirate cutlass? 

8 hours ago, lenticular said:

What the blazes is that Edelgard artwork? Less armour than Dimitri? Iridescent boobplate? Showing bare skin on her thighs? A red heart design on her shoulder pads for Goddess's sake? I mean, it's a reasonable enough character design, but it's a long way removed from anything I could see Edelgard ever wearing. Which does not fill me with confidence that they will be respecting the setting and characters of Three Houses.

Edelgard looking like a FE7 Pegasus Knight. Armored unit, my foot.

15 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Above all else, the thing I most love about this news is the borderline proof that Koei Tecmo isn't the one handling the next mainline FE game.

How does that prove they are not working on the next title? They could have separate teams, one working on this game and another working on the next title?

28 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How does that prove they are not working on the next title? They could have separate teams, one working on this game and another working on the next title?

*borderline proof

One thing I noticed is that Byleth isn't using a regular Silver Sword in the trailer but a new Sacred Weapon. There's an engraving at the base of the sword with an ornate grip and red gemstone. Maybe this is a replacement for the Sword of the Creator, due to whatever story shenanigans mean she doesn't have it?

And you know what? Since this sword is near guaranteed an alt, maybe Three Hopes Byleth could be her Brave alt?

FE16W (33).jpg

I'm going to guess right now that the purple-haired guy is Koei Tecmo's OC do-not-steal who uses time travel to save everyone, and someone uses a Silence spell on him to reveal that he's actually a robotic celery that's Terrako's fraternal twin brother.

That, or he's a generic villain who acts cocky and arrogant in front of Thales and then gets eaten by Nemesis to complete his return.

Personally, I enjoy Warriors games a lot, though I still need to know more about the story and see the new designs of the characters to see if it convinces me. 

Will the purple haired guy be like a counterpart of Byleth? He could be a creation of the other god/goddess that appears on the box art.

18 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm going to guess right now that the purple-haired guy is Koei Tecmo's OC do-not-steal who uses time travel to save everyone, and someone uses a Silence spell on him to reveal that he's actually a robotic celery that's Terrako's fraternal twin brother.

That, or he's a generic villain who acts cocky and arrogant in front of Thales and then gets eaten by Nemesis to complete his return.

Lets hope he's more Cia than Astor. 

40 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Cia... that's the fanservice villain whose motivation was that she's obsessed with Link, right?

Exactly. She was clearly a big personality who was both expressive and fun. The sort of lady who lets out over the top evil laughs during combo's and yells ''This can't be happening! I'm getting outsmarted by evil jewelry!'' when things don't go her way. Even a rather shameless archetype can be enjoyable if there's a personality to go along with it. 

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Exactly. She was clearly a big personality who was both expressive and fun. The sort of lady who lets out over the top evil laughs during combo's and yells ''This can't be happening! I'm getting outsmarted by evil jewelry!'' when things don't go her way. Even a rather shameless archetype can be enjoyable if there's a personality to go along with it. 

There's also Cia not being entirely removed from the general vibe of LoZ. She isn't Volga and Wizro, where they reference various old monsters from the franchise, but we have had Veran. She actually kinda works as a Veran to Volga's Onyx to Wizro's Twinrova, a pseudo-Oracle trio.

Lana is the OC who blends in the least, she's a little too... "anime cute girl". LoZ might be a Japanese franchise, but it hasn't indulged in the tropes of quote-unquote "anime" like JRPGs, Musou, and even Fire Emblem does. Although Lana still had some compatibility.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There's also Cia not being entirely removed from the general vibe of LoZ. She isn't Volga and Wizro, where they reference various old monsters from the franchise, but we have had Veran. She actually kinda works as a Veran to Volga's Onyx to Wizro's Twinrova, a pseudo-Oracle trio.

Oh how pleased I would have been if they'd actually used the Oracle villains in Hyrule Warriors.  I think the similarities are entirely accidental though (which I guess is somewhat praise as it means they struck the correct Zelda vibe well enough to accidentally rip off existing Zelda characters)

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I see. I've never actually played the original Hyrule Warriors, so I wouldn't know.

Maybe this story will actually explain where the name "Zaharas" came from, from Solon's spell to trap Byleth. Maybe it's that white-haired "god", and tumblr dude is hosting that spirit?

27 minutes ago, Jacien said:

Maybe this story will actually explain where the name "Zaharas" came from, from Solon's spell to trap Byleth. Maybe it's that white-haired "god", and tumblr dude is hosting that spirit?

Ooh, I didn't think about that! Could be, thank you for the idea! If so, either "Zaharas" was off-world in the original timeline or was in the life pod from the trailer, though that raises the question of where she was originally.

Now that I think of it, Zaharas could also just be an exceptionally talented Dark Mage too, I suppose...

Curious what's gonna be the deal with Male Byleth. I see one of these three things.

• Doesn't exist, not a skin or unit.
    • Unlikely cause something I noticed: None of the VAs from 3H have acknowledged anything about Three Hopes, including Zach Aguilar.
    • So the embargoes for talking about it probably aren't lifted yet, where they'll be "pleased to announce" about their voice roles later on.
  • Alt for Female Byleth
    • Either similar to how Female Robin and Male Corrin were unlocked in Warriors 1, via side stuff.
    • Or there's a choice at the start, and reversible cover box art.
  • Actual separate character, making my dream come true of bro/sis Byleth tag-team destruction.
    • Damn official artwork for Three Houses fooled me, and I love the fan art of them together.
    • The idea would be similar to Age of Calamity:
      Spoiler

where the Champions were rescued by their successors from BotW. So like Bylad coming through an Outrealm portal.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:55 PM, Tactician_Iris said:
My thoughts on the trailer (spoilered for length):

Reveal hidden contents

This is likely set before Garreg Mach is invaded by Edelgard (the Adrestian forces are shown making movements towards it in the map segment). Edelgard is missing her Aymr, but is shown with an axe that looks like a Sacred Weapon - that curiously features the Crest of Seiros on it. She uses the Crest of Flames in battle.

Dimitri is shown with Aredbhar, and still has both of his eyes.

Claude has Failnaught and a White Wyvern, but no beard yet. He mentions "Now that I know..." - so he found out something it would seem, and him stopping Edelgard and Dimitri from coming to blows adds fuel to that fire I'd say.

Purple haired fella appears to be the "vessel" for the white haired entity shown in the key art - the same facial markings that the entity has appear on purple-haired dude's face when fighting Byleth. He wields a Relic of some kind judging by the key-art, but it appears to have no Crest Stone (might need to re-check his fight with Byleth).

My wild guess regarding him: Given that the white haired entity in the key art doesn't have pointed ears or green hair I don't think they're aligned with the Nabateans. But maybe they're connected to the Agarthans, perhaps the "Sacred Light" (the Sun) that Sothis took from the Agarthans when their cities were flooded? Like, their God-entity? There's also a sun/star-like motif in the background of the key-art, though it's significance is hard to tell. Also a very tiny segment showed what appeared to be neon-like lines in a watery setting, which screams Agarthan design to me.

Byleth meanwhile does not have the Sword of the Creator, but can still "Awaken", so it would seem Byleth dodged Zahras confinement courtesy of Solon.

Other anecdotes:

Reveal hidden contents

A red-haired girl was shown briefly - one that has striking similarity to Monica if you ask me. If my eyes don't fail me, she has the same style of earrings as the ornaments hanging from Edelgard's crown in 3H.

Judith shows up, as does Hubert, and Hilda (she's shown briefly in a clip with Claude). Jeralt makes a brief (flashback scene) appearance.

Also since I had a look at the official Japanese website (Disclosure: I've only skimmed and quickly grinded the text through an auto-translater so no 100% certainty of accuracy here), but this caught my eye:

2月17日(大)子約開始 - On the 17th of February, there's going to be an announcement(?).
(I believe this tidbit is also written in the official Japanese FEW Twitter account)

As for now, this is the currently available info on the site:

Hide contents

Pre-order DLC(?):

An Owl perch to place in "your room", which can drop Owl Feathers to give out as gifts and thus raise support. Not sold separately (so like that extra weapon for Link in AoC I take it)

Save data extras:

If save data from Fire Emblem Warriors or/and 3H are present on the same Switch Console when playing FEW 3H, you will receive extra gold and items in FEW 3H - there's one bonus for each type of save data (so a total of two if I read that correctly).

Amiibo:

FE amiibos can be scanned just like in FEW and HW. A total of 5 different amiibo can be scanned every 24hrs.

Original Japanese below:
  Reveal hidden contents

ダウンロード

版より

購入特典

ゲーム内アイテム
「ふくろうの止まり木」

自室前に、ふくろうが定期的に出現するようになります。
ふくろうに話しかけると、贈り物「伝書ふくろうの羽根」を入手できます。「伝書ふくろうの羽根」は「贈り物」として使用することができ、贈った相手との支援値が大きく上昇します。

パッケージ版には付属いたしません。後日有料販売される可能性があります。

セーブデータ

連動特典

Nintendo Switch™本体に『ファイアーエムブレム無双』または『ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月』のセーブデータが存在している状態で、本ゲームを開始すると、ゲーム内で使用できるお金やアイテムが手に入ります。

『ファイアーエムブレム無双』および『ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月』それぞれで1回ずつ特典が獲得できます。

タッチすることで、ゲーム内で使用できる武器、アイテム、お金のいずれかを入手することができます。
「ファイアーエムブレム」シリーズに登場するキャラクターのamiiboでは、より良いものが手に入りやすくなります。

同一キャラクターは1日1回、最大1日5キャラクターまで特典を獲得できます。

....Whew that was a tl;dr I guess. 

Personally I'm looking forward to having another go at marching with my Golden Deers again and I hope to see more returning faces. For now though it's time to sleep in my corner of the world.

Could you figure out a time for that announcement? I'm assuming it's the Famitsu article. Depending on time zones, it could be today for us?

Now that I think about it, there were a few things they apparently had planned for Three Houses that got scrapped during the game's... ambitious development. One of which, apparently, was that Edelgard's Crest of Flames was going to have a lot more importance, including enabling her to interfere with Byleth's divine pulse ability. I wonder if they're going to use this game as an excuse to recycle some of Three Houses' scrapped ideas.

The purple-haired guy that seems to be presented as something of a counterpart to Byleth could be them recycling some of the ideas they had for Edelgard, for instance. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that this guy can interfere with divine pulse.

14 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Now that I think about it, there were a few things they apparently had planned for Three Houses that got scrapped during the game's... ambitious development. One of which, apparently, was that Edelgard's Crest of Flames was going to have a lot more importance, including enabling her to interfere with Byleth's divine pulse ability. I wonder if they're going to use this game as an excuse to recycle some of Three Houses' scrapped ideas.

The purple-haired guy that seems to be presented as something of a counterpart to Byleth could be them recycling some of the ideas they had for Edelgard, for instance. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that this guy can interfere with divine pulse.

How Divine Pulse could even be handled in a Warriors Setting is kind of an interesting idea in of itself. It's a power that very pointedly exists because of the mechanics of Fire Emblem, which have now been removed. Will they include a Prince of Persia style rewind time feature? A Xenoblade vision of powerful enemy attacks feature? Both work in 3D hack'n slash games, but neither seem particularly Warriorsesque (correct me if I'm wrong). They might just ignore Divine Pulse entirely.

I could see it more working as a strictly story-related matter. Where you play a stage, then an event happens causing some big change to the stage itself or the nature of the forces within, then maybe you play a little bit more in the aftermath, but either way Divine Pulse happens, then the stage rewinds restoring things back, and you get a different objective to prevent/avoid/circumvent what happened prior.

Incorporating it as an actual gameplay mechanics... yeah, don't know how that could work.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

How Divine Pulse could even be handled in a Warriors Setting is kind of an interesting idea in of itself. It's a power that very pointedly exists because of the mechanics of Fire Emblem, which have now been removed. Will they include a Prince of Persia style rewind time feature? A Xenoblade vision of powerful enemy attacks feature? Both work in 3D hack'n slash games, but neither seem particularly Warriorsesque (correct me if I'm wrong). They might just ignore Divine Pulse entirely.

I wouldn't know if those things aren't Warriors-esque; I've never played a Warriors game. They might go the route of only involving Divine Pulse in the plot and not in the gameplay.