Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Now let us argue over who is gonna be playable. Discounting the OCs, we have Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Byleth and Hubert. With Judith, Randolf and the Immaculate one as enemies.

They are recycling the same engine that was used to make 3H, it'd be pretty lazy for them to not add every character in the original game considering the models are there already.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the gameplay has evolved from FEW 1 and how it will inevitably borrow from AOC. I'm honestly extremely excited considering how much I loved FEW 1 and love Three Houses.

Plot wise, I don't really care, it's a warriors game. I can already see it being a golden route where all the lords work together inevitably. My only fear and what I don't want the game to do is make Rhea the villain/make the church the bad guy cause that's just not the case.

Am very excited for the music as warriors tends to deliver in that aspect.

I'm curious about who will be in the cast. If they use clones like the og FEW did, they could easily give us every character, but I'll be surprised if we get every TH unit tbh. So far, aside from Byleth, the three lords, their retainers (Hubert, Dedue and Hilda) and Rhea, I feel like we'll maybe 2 students per house, probably Seteth and Flayn with maybe Jeralt and Catherine maybe from the CoS and of course some OCs that will be of debatable quality.

Overall, am very excited and will be buying the limited edition regardless of how expensive it is.

1 minute ago, Ari Chan said:

They are recycling the same engine that was used to make 3H, it'd be pretty lazy for them to not add every character in the original game considering the models are there already.

For a second game in the line that would be a massive roster and it would easily be a damned if they do damned if they don't thing.

Personally i'm not a big fan of the golden route aprouch if they go that route. Because there not being a golden route and certain ideal's just not being compatiable with each other was kind of a thing in the original. So there will be mountains that need to be moved before Edelgard will be chill with the church or for Dimitri to be ok with the crimson flower route.

If I had to guess there will be clones, but this time with more customisation. With Byleth being able to assign different class movesets to students and with them maybe having a altered move here and there.

Or they will just trim down the cast a lot.

As for three houses warriors as a whole. I won't say I would't have prefered to see some old games get some attention, but I can see this having its own appeal. 

Edited by Sasori

So, unless we are able to pressure them to add History Mode dlc... I'm done, broken, and defeated. The game I campaigned 5 years for is a bronze medal, and there is nothing further I can do to maintain the discussion and keep the hope for Fire Emblem Warriors 2 alive.

There will be a basic 3H roster thread, and that will be the end of roster speculation threads by my creation for 4-5 years until we can reasonable start expecting a sequel. It is my sincerest hope that next console generation means a new shake at the full crossover I always dreamed of.

Beyond that, I'll participate in mechanics speculation, most anticipated 3H characters and battles, etc. I will make the most of this as FEW's most devout advocate.

If they don't add every character, I can see them adding 4 important or popular characters from each house. 

From Black Eagles

• Edelgard (obvs)
  • Hubert (obvs)
  • Either Dorothea, Bernie, or Ferdinand for the last 2 positions. 

From Blue Lions

• Dimitri (obvs)
  • Felix (dual wielder like Lyn and Navarre?)
  • Ingrid (flyer)
  • Either Sylvain, Mercedes, or Dedue

From Golden Deer

• Claude (obvs)
  • Hilda
  • Lysithea
  • Marianne
  • I don't see any of the GD boys or Leonie beating out the 4 above the gap between their popularities is the most apparent.

Church?

• Seteth
  • Flayn
  • Maybe Catherine or Shamir?

37 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Now let us argue over who is gonna be playable. Discounting the OCs, we have Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Byleth and Hubert. With Judith, Randolf and the Immaculate one as enemies.

Despite being very popular I have a feeling that Ashe won't be entirely safe if it turns out that not every student will make it into the game. He's very well liked but all Blion boys are well liked. Not being a childhood friend of Dimitri like the other ones makes Ashe's somewhat expendable. And I guess that guess for Annette and Mercedes too. 

For the Deers....oof. Poor poor Ignatz. He'd undoubtedly be the one getting stubbed. Poor boy.  I actually think we saw Lorenz for a brief second in the trailer but it could also be that purple haired OC. I suspect that the marketing team would rather eat their own fingers than not add Lysithea, Marianne and Hilda. 

For the Beagles we already have Hubert confirmed. I think Petra, Ferdinand and Dorothea will be the ones getting added while Caspar and Linhardt miss out. 

As long as the story isn't an immediate fail like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity was, this should be good.

I can see them trying to get a golden ending going because realistically, Those Who Slither in the Dark are a common enemy that could work. Edelgard's raid on Garreg Mach is already confirmed to be a thing too, so that's interesting.

I honestly don't know what they're going for because there's clearly a time-skip version of everyone with new designs. No eyepatch Dimitri is interesting too. I doubt that they'll run with DW8's idea of multiple story paths, this looks like a legit alternate dimension story.

I wonder if Three Houses is getting some update with some of the new stuff like the character designs.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

For the Beagles we already have Hubert confirmed. I think Petra, Ferdinand and Dorothea will be the ones getting added while Caspar and Linhardt miss out. 

As divisive as it is give me Bernie over Dorothea.

Edited by ciphertul

Character quantity isn't exactly an issue in Warriors games.

The better question is whether or not they'll be clones again. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were, makes a lot of sense considering how 3H worked. I hope you can reclass people into some alternate classes for other movesets tho. Or at least some different weapon types.

21 minutes ago, Volt-Ikazuchi said:

Character quantity isn't exactly an issue in Warriors games.

The better question is whether or not they'll be clones again. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were, makes a lot of sense considering how 3H worked. I hope you can reclass people into some alternate classes for other movesets tho. Or at least some different weapon types.

Err, sometimes. Spinoffs typically fluctuate in roster between 10-30. 15-20 is the normal range.

Berserk Musou has a pathetic 8. And of course Age of Calamity wasn't setting the world on fire roster wise either. Persona 5 Strikers was a real quality-over quantity at 10 characters with the most fleshed out mechanics in the genre.

Speaking of the original Fire emblem warriors if they are adding ocs like the guy fighting Byleth on the cover I think they might find a way to include the twins from warriors 1.  I know they aren't as popular or really desired but I could see them being slightly less intrusive to a Fodlan focused game over a character of another game. Mainly because there world is unique in that other games have already crossed over with other places. Maybe they explain where this new dude comes from.

Edited by vikingsfan92

11 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Speaking of the original Fire emblem warriors if they are adding ocs like the guy fighting Byleth on the cover I think they might find a way to include the twins from warriors 1.  I know they aren't as popular or really desired but I could see them being slightly less intrusive to a Fodlan focused game over a character of another game. Mainly because there world is unique in that other games have already crossed over with other places. Maybe they explain where this new dude comes from.

You know what? If they spat on Tellius and Elibe fans again while specifically bringing back the only two characters no one was asking for, I'd straight up throw away my copy in disgust. Screw. That.

Ugh, I really do not want to play this game as a gut feeling (don't really want to play Warriors), but I think I am going to because it's 3 Houses.

EDIT: I guess that maybe the character clashing blades with Byleth in the video has someone behind them since Sothis is across from a new character as well.

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

Random thought- since 3Hou almost entirely ditched the weapon triangle, will it be gone in 3Hop? -I missed the trailer so sorry if it clearly indicated the WT's presence in this game.

Whether or not the WT exists may or may not for better or for worse affect the gameplay fun or characters selection for this game.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thought- since 3Hou almost entirely ditched the weapon triangle, will it be gone in 3Hop? -I missed the trailer so sorry if it clearly indicated the WT's presence in this game.

Whether or not the WT exists may or may not for better or for worse affect the gameplay fun or characters selection for this game.

I hadn't even thought about that. And now I'm worried on another level.

The light strategy elements were part of what made FEW so good and fun among its genre peers. It made commanding allies feel good and useful and I don't want to lose that.

A bit of mixed feelings with this. For one, I would have much preferred series wide representation as opposed to just 3 Houses, but more than anything, it seems to be taking cues from AoC and I really didn't enjoy AoC. Not just from like a plot or character aspect but like the actual gameplay. It just felt way less satisfying than the original Hyrule Warriors and I hope that doesn't end up being the case here since the gameplay was what redeemed the lacking roster in FEW.

As far as roster goes, I kinda see the how not adding all characters after recycling the 3 House's engine and models would be lazy but at the same time, there's also movesets to consider so unless they go for an absurd amount of clones or they've been secretly working on this for a long time then I expect to see character cuts. Depending on who is in might affect my choice to buy this, because honestly, a roster that could realistically have the only playable non-lord guys be Felix and Hubert is very depressing. Man, yeet Lysithea's Thyrsus stealing ass and give me Lorenz instead.

Also, what are the chances of any of the Ashen Wolves being playable? I kinda only expect Yuri to make it in if any of them do. Didn't see any signs of them in the trailer.

As far as OCs go, I don't know if it would technically count as one but Holst being one of them would be cool. Along with any other of the prominent faceless characters. Would be rather refreshing to just take those already existing background characters and flesh them out as opposed to conjuring new ones.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

A bit of mixed feelings with this. For one, I would have much preferred series wide representation as opposed to just 3 Houses, but more than anything, it seems to be taking cues from AoC and I really didn't enjoy AoC. Not just from like a plot or character aspect but like the actual gameplay. It just felt way less satisfying than the original Hyrule Warriors and I hope that doesn't end up being the case here since the gameplay was what redeemed the lacking roster in FEW.

As far as roster goes, I kinda see the how not adding all characters after recycling the 3 House's engine and models would be lazy but at the same time, there's also movesets to consider so unless they go for an absurd amount of clones or they've been secretly working on this for a long time then I expect to see character cuts. Depending on who is in might affect my choice to buy this, because honestly, a roster that could realistically have the only playable non-lord guys be Felix and Hubert is very depressing. Man, yeet Lysithea's Thyrsus stealing ass and give me Lorenz instead.

Also, what are the chances of any of the Ashen Wolves being playable? I kinda only expect Yuri to make it in if any of them do. Didn't see any signs of them in the trailer.

As far as OCs go, I don't know if it would technically count as one but Holst being one of them would be cool. Along with any other of the prominent faceless characters. Would be rather refreshing to just take those already existing background characters and flesh them out as opposed to conjuring new ones.

Koei Tecmo has been doing one faction/storyline centered games for a while. Even their latest entry in their own original IP (Samurai Warriors) was focused on one faction. It's not surprising this one is based on the timeskip period of war during Three Houses.

As for your Ashen Wolves question... they would probably be DLC again.

And I do agree with your OCs comment. Would be interesting to see Holst finally.