Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes!

Considering we see Jeralt possibly alive in a rainy scene and Byleth is present, Dimitri has both eyes etc, I have a feeling the story is gonna diverge from the end of chapter 9 where Monica/Kronya kills Jeralt and possibly this time Byleth is able to stop her/the purple haired oc intervenes maybe?

Edited by Azz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

Considering we see Jeralt possibly alive in a rainy scene and Byleth is present, Dimitri has both eyes etc, I have a feeling the story is gonna diverge from the end of chapter 9 where Monica/Kronya kills Jeralt and possibly this time Byleth is able to stop her/the purple haired oc intervenes maybe?

That said Sothis says Byleth is still in a vengeful mood so I'm sure Jeralt kicks the bucket this time around too.

8 hours ago, Azz said:

Man, I hope Rheas is also playable 

15 hours ago, Azz said:

I'd like that! I had thought that maybe someone had travelled back, and Byleth, possessing the same powers, remembers what had happened before. If takes place right around Jeralt's death, then maybe Byleth stops it and things head into a different direction from there?

Other thoughts - I really hope the game doesn't do a simple Golden Route. As much as I'd like that, I also don't want to feel as if the choices made in Three Houses don't matter either. I'm hoping for - and from some of the cutscenes and lines in the trailer, it sounds like this might be the case - something more akin to Silver Routes. We have scenes where Dimitri is fighting someone from the Empire (Randolph, I think?), but there's also a scene where he's fighting Claude, and yet another where he's fighting with Claude. These could certainly all be on the same route, but I think it's more effective if they aren't. 

I think Claude is similar - his first line is admonishing Edelgard for thinking that he has no ambitions - maybe Edelgard's line about waiting for a miracle is a plea for Claude to join her? (The scene between Claude and Edelgard at 1:09, where she points her axe to the ground may hint at him being an ally. Otherwise she'd be in a defensive stance.)

The part where Edelgard and Dimitri in their new Timeskip (mid-timeskip?) outfights are fighting and Claude interrupts seems to be a rendition of the Battle at Gronder. But is Claude trying to get them to stop and listen to him, or was he really hoping to take at least one of them out?

So, going off of that and my own hopes, what if we have at least three similar-yet-different paths? 

One where Claude and Edelgard team up.

One where Dimitri and Claude team up.

One where Edelgard and Dimitri team up. 

A path where they all team up wouldn't be too surprising, and may indeed fit with the characters fighting at first and then coming together, but I'm still not 100% sure I buy into it just yet. 

Other hopes -

Kronya and/or Monica is playable. Maybe both? I doubt, it since Monica went missing a year before Three Houses began. The scene with Monica running is probably Kronya trying to escape something. Still, one can hope.

If the entire cast returns, I hope we get to see supports between characters who didn't support each other in Three Houses: 

The House Lords (Dimitri/Edelgard, Edelgard/Claude, Claude/Dimitri)

Ashe & Bernadetta - Hoodie Buddies!

Ignatz & Sylvain - Art Bros!

Edelgard & Felix - This one could go in a LOT of directions, and I'm curious about how they'd approach it. I think it would need more than just one support chain though. 

Felix & Petra - The fact that Felix doesn't try to cross swords with Petra in TH is something of a mystery. 

Petra & Dedue - Foreign Buddies

Claude & Dedue - Foreign Bros!

Seteth & Shamir - He supports every Church member but her. Why?

Shamir & Dorothea - If Ryoma & Chrom can happen, so can this!

Marianne & Flayn - I think Flayn could be a good influence on Marianne. 

Marianne & Bernadetta - Depression Buddies...

Marianne & Edelgard - Marianne already supports Claude and Dimitri. All she needs is one more. (The same goes for Annette and Ingrid)

Marianne & Dorothea - I think this support would be a fun way to acknowledge Marianne's popularity as a Dancer in a sort of tongue-and-cheek way. 

Dimitri & Dorothea - Dorothea has supports with virtually all of Dimitri's childhood friends. Why can't they support?

Dimitri & Hilda? - Hilda has supports with the other two Blue Lions gals. And Sylvain. I don't think it's impossible for them to have a friendly chat. 

Dorothea & Hilda - Because I think them hating each other would be hilarious. 

Hilda & Edelgard - The only thing more amusing than Dorothea & Hilda having a catfight, is Edelgard and Hilda having a catfight. 

Dimitri & Hubert - We already had the other two retainers meet other lords. Now it's time for this. I have no idea what would happen, but it would be interesting to say the least. 

Lysithea & Dimitri - She already has supports with Edelgard and Claude. All she needs is one more. (The same goes for Petra.) 

Lysithea & Ferdinand von Aegir - They already have a paralogue. Now they need a support. 

Seteth & Ferdinand von Aegir - They share a Crest and Ferdinand is Flayn's best love interest.

IF the Ashen Wolves are included as well: 

Seteth & Balthus - Scolding. So much scolding.

Catherine & Balthus - I admit I imagine them more as FWB than anything else, but maybe that dynamic would work better with Shamir and Balthus?

Yuri & Ashe - It was missing, and we all want it. 

Hapi & Edelgard - Experiment and Anti-Church of Seiros Buddies...

Hapi & Claude - Anti-Church of Seiros Buddies?

Constance & Dedue - I made a support for it and now I ship it. Constance going to Dimitri makes more sense, but I want this more. 

Constance & Ingrid - I can see them having completely differing views of their obligation to nobility due to their experiences, but with only one support (which isn't a guarantee, but a decent guideline IMO), I'm not sure they'd have enough time to hash it out. Unless the writers desire this to end on a sour note, which is very possible and very interesting. 

Constance & Annette - Fighting over Mercedes' friendship ends with Annette joining Constance's quest for magical innovations. Because the two of them can't hate each other for THAT long. 

Lysithea & Hapi/Constance - Both could work, albeit differently. Constance would befuddle Lysithea (in terms of doing something for nobility instead of for the pure love of it) while Hapi and Lysithea would need a conduit to talk about their problems and how they address them. 

If Rhea is playable, I think her supports need to be: 

Rhea & Flayn - We have an idea of how Rhea and Seteth work, but I think seeing how Rhea treats Flayn would be nice too. Is she more like Emmeryn and Camilla and doting, or she more distant, like Xander and Fiora?

Rhea & Seteth - This would be a "behind closed doors" support

Rhea & Byleth - More context and whatnot

Rhea & Yuri - He was a spy for her in the Ashen Wolves DLC. I'd like to see that carried over. 

Rhea & Lysithea - This would be similar to Rhea/Edelgard, so doing either this or Rhea/Edelgard (and other House Leaders) would be the best option

Rhea & Shamir - 

Rhea & Catherine - Catherine is in love with Rhea, after all. 

Rhea & Cyril - I think this could have a cute mother/son dynamic. 

EDIT: This is just a slight pun on the naming, but what if the Fodlan world is building towards a trilogy? Three is already in the name, and we have Three Houses and Three Hopes. What if we get a third game (of a different gameplay style or something else entirely) later down the line, so that when the system after the Switch comes out and IntSys needs a game to fill the time, they can just port all three over? (In my head I'm calling this game Three Heroes, but we'll just have to wait and see.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

I had a wild theory and wondered if the opponent F!Byleth is fighting is a corrupted form of M!Byleth, but looking at the arts more closely I don't think this is the case. I haven't kept up with FE in other media (Heroes), but I'm guessing F!Byleth is the face of the avatar of Three Houses, much like how M!Robin is for Awakening and F!Corrin for Fates. I just wonder if there will be a M!Byleth option for the story, or if it will stick to F!Byleth.

As for speculation, I agree with that this is likely the Golden Route of Three Houses, but told through the Warriors lens instead of the FE gameplay. Timeline-wise, while there is some academy stuff that occurs, there also seems to be a minor timeskip where the characters age. Perhaps this will explore an alternative path if Byleth managed to stick around without being sealed away for 5 years, as well as featuring everyone working together.

Gameplay-wise, I'm hoping there will be more variety with the movesets when compared to FE Warriors, which mostly just made a moveset for a class and assigned everyone that moveset with little to no divergence. While having shared movesets may be easier and may give an excuse to go ahead and make everyone playable, having them all play similarly would be rather dull.

For playable characters, I'm sure the main lords and their retainers are guaranteed (El, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue, Claude, Hilda) as well as Byleth. I'm hoping Jeralt is playable here, as well as Rhea and potentially even Sothis. Of course, there are also the OCs of Three Hopes who may become playable as well.
-- As for the other students, I'm hoping they all make it in since they can contribute their own stuff to the story. If I had to pick one by house, it would be Ferdinand von Aegir, Felix, and Lysithea. Hapi would be great, but I have a feeling the Ashen Wolves may be DLC again.
-- I do hope the Church members/monastery faculty return. I love practically all of them, although I personally hope for Alois, Hanneman, and Shamir.

Either way, this game will likely be a day one purchase for me. I enjoy the Warriors games and still love Three Houses, despite its imperfections. Man, and now I can also look forward to the new music/remixes Three Hopes will bring!

18 minutes ago, Sire said:

I had a wild theory and wondered if the opponent F!Byleth is fighting is a corrupted form of M!Byleth, but looking at the arts more closely I don't think this is the case.

Now you're inspiring me to have crazy theories! (This is the best time for them, after all.) What if the man Byleth is fighting is indeed a corrupted M!Byleth, but also a clone of F!Byleth. I know in fantasy, the ladies being the clone is the way to go, but what if it's the opposite here? Granted, Byleth's hair being blue - and the person Edelgard was talking to probably being this OC as well - hint at the character naturally having purple hair. But we also know that hair color changes aren't...unprecedented in Fodlan - Edelgard, Lysithea, and even Byleth have had hair changes. So what's to say that a bond to a different deity caused M!Byleth's hair to change purple instead of green this time around?

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Now you're inspiring me to have crazy theories! (This is the best time for them, after all.) What if the man Byleth is fighting is indeed a corrupted M!Byleth, but also a clone of F!Byleth. I know in fantasy, the ladies being the clone is the way to go, but what if it's the opposite here?

...How many instances have you encountered of this? I know of just one myself. Not asking for what stories, just the quantity of instances.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Now you're inspiring me to have crazy theories! (This is the best time for them, after all.) What if the man Byleth is fighting is indeed a corrupted M!Byleth, but also a clone of F!Byleth. I know in fantasy, the ladies being the clone is the way to go, but what if it's the opposite here? Granted, Byleth's hair being blue - and the person Edelgard was talking to probably being this OC as well - hint at the character naturally having purple hair. But we also know that hair color changes aren't...unprecedented in Fodlan - Edelgard, Lysithea, and even Byleth have had hair changes. So what's to say that a bond to a different deity caused M!Byleth's hair to change purple instead of green this time around?

You genuinely have me wondering where in Fodlan's lore there might be room for another equivalent deity. Perhaps from an outside nation.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...How many instances have you encountered of this? I know of just one myself. Not asking for what stories, just the quantity of instances.

At least two, but I feel like more. X-23 being a clone of Wolverine is the most common instance, in the Logan movies, the X-Men: Evolution comics (her first appearance IIRC), and the main 616 storyline. However, on Earth 1616 aka the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline, Jessica Drew was actually clone of Peter Parker. IIRC, she had escaped Oscorp but had all of Peter's memories, making her in love with MJ as well. (They never really explored how gender, sense of self, and sexuality played a role in the character, but it was the late 00's/early-10's, and audiences weren't there for that.) Anyways, she meets Peter, does some soul searching, beats up some bad guys, and goes off on her way. Fun fact, she had organic webs ala Tobey's Spider-Man, but they came out of her pointer and middle finger. 

Miranda Lawson and her sister Oriana (and potentially someone like Nemu from Bleach) are borderline cases. They were genetically engineered from the DNA of their "father" for a purpose and are enhanced beyond what the genes could provide. X-23 actually probably fits in this category as well, considering she does have a "mother."

I almost forgot! Danny Phantom had a gal clone of himself in "Dani" Phantom. I remember there was a lot of hope that she'd join the cast in a regular manner and eventually become Danny's little sister, but that never really came to be. 

There's a whole TV Tropes page about it too!

24 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You genuinely have me wondering where in Fodlan's lore there might be room for another equivalent deity. Perhaps from an outside nation.

An outside nation is probably the best place, but I don't think it's the only place. Sothis' origins are a straight up mystery. The Church of Seiros treats her like God, and the Agarthans treat her like an Eldritch abomination. Maybe - and part of me really hates to make this comparison - she's like the Ootsuki clan in Naruto and Boruto. Maybe she came from space (or another part of the planet for all that matters) and set up shop in Fodlan, but she's not the only one from her culture and/or planet around anymore, and they've got beef. 

(I also know that Double-Posting isn't a very well-looked-upon thing, but I forgot to quote this in the first post, and I'm not sure there's a way to edit in quotes. If there is a way, someone please teach me!)

Edited by Use the Falchion

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

An outside nation is probably the best place, but I don't think it's the only place. Sothis' origins are a straight up mystery. The Church of Seiros treats her like God, and the Agarthans treat her like an Eldritch abomination. Maybe - and part of me really hates to make this comparison - she's like the Ootsuki clan in Naruto and Boruto. Maybe she came from space (or another part of the planet for all that matters) and set up shop in Fodlan, but she's not the only one from her culture and/or planet around anymore, and they've got beef. 

Well, they did call her the Fell Star.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it just stems from the fact that most protagonists are male, so if it comes time for an opposite-sex clone/counterpart, it usually ends up female.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd like that! I had thought that maybe someone had travelled back, and Byleth, possessing the same powers, remembers what had happened before. If takes place right around Jeralt's death, then maybe Byleth stops it and things head into a different direction from there?

Other thoughts - I really hope the game doesn't do a simple Golden Route. As much as I'd like that, I also don't want to feel as if the choices made in Three Houses don't matter either. I'm hoping for - and from some of the cutscenes and lines in the trailer, it sounds like this might be the case - something more akin to Silver Routes. We have scenes where Dimitri is fighting someone from the Empire (Randolph, I think?), but there's also a scene where he's fighting Claude, and yet another where he's fighting with Claude. These could certainly all be on the same route, but I think it's more effective if they aren't. 

I think Claude is similar - his first line is admonishing Edelgard for thinking that he has no ambitions - maybe Edelgard's line about waiting for a miracle is a plea for Claude to join her? (The scene between Claude and Edelgard at 1:09, where she points her axe to the ground may hint at him being an ally. Otherwise she'd be in a defensive stance.)

The part where Edelgard and Dimitri in their new Timeskip (mid-timeskip?) outfights are fighting and Claude interrupts seems to be a rendition of the Battle at Gronder. But is Claude trying to get them to stop and listen to him, or was he really hoping to take at least one of them out?

So, going off of that and my own hopes, what if we have at least three similar-yet-different paths? 

One where Claude and Edelgard team up.

One where Dimitri and Claude team up.

One where Edelgard and Dimitri team up. 

A path where they all team up wouldn't be too surprising, and may indeed fit with the characters fighting at first and then coming together, but I'm still not 100% sure I buy into it just yet. 

Other hopes -

Kronya and/or Monica is playable. Maybe both? I doubt, it since Monica went missing a year before Three Houses began. The scene with Monica running is probably Kronya trying to escape something. Still, one can hope.

If the entire cast returns, I hope we get to see supports between characters who didn't support each other in Three Houses: 

The House Lords (Dimitri/Edelgard, Edelgard/Claude, Claude/Dimitri)

Ashe & Bernadetta - Hoodie Buddies!

Ignatz & Sylvain - Art Bros!

Edelgard & Felix - This one could go in a LOT of directions, and I'm curious about how they'd approach it. I think it would need more than just one support chain though. 

Felix & Petra - The fact that Felix doesn't try to cross swords with Petra in TH is something of a mystery. 

Petra & Dedue - Foreign Buddies

Claude & Dedue - Foreign Bros!

Seteth & Shamir - He supports every Church member but her. Why?

Shamir & Dorothea - If Ryoma & Chrom can happen, so can this!

Marianne & Flayn - I think Flayn could be a good influence on Marianne. 

Marianne & Bernadetta - Depression Buddies...

Marianne & Edelgard - Marianne already supports Claude and Dimitri. All she needs is one more. (The same goes for Annette and Ingrid)

Marianne & Dorothea - I think this support would be a fun way to acknowledge Marianne's popularity as a Dancer in a sort of tongue-and-cheek way. 

Dimitri & Dorothea - Dorothea has supports with virtually all of Dimitri's childhood friends. Why can't they support?

Dimitri & Hilda? - Hilda has supports with the other two Blue Lions gals. And Sylvain. I don't think it's impossible for them to have a friendly chat. 

Dorothea & Hilda - Because I think them hating each other would be hilarious. 

Hilda & Edelgard - The only thing more amusing than Dorothea & Hilda having a catfight, is Edelgard and Hilda having a catfight. 

Dimitri & Hubert - We already had the other two retainers meet other lords. Now it's time for this. I have no idea what would happen, but it would be interesting to say the least. 

Lysithea & Dimitri - She already has supports with Edelgard and Claude. All she needs is one more. (The same goes for Petra.) 

Lysithea & Ferdinand von Aegir - They already have a paralogue. Now they need a support. 

Seteth & Ferdinand von Aegir - They share a Crest and Ferdinand is Flayn's best love interest.

IF the Ashen Wolves are included as well: 

Seteth & Balthus - Scolding. So much scolding.

Catherine & Balthus - I admit I imagine them more as FWB than anything else, but maybe that dynamic would work better with Shamir and Balthus?

Yuri & Ashe - It was missing, and we all want it. 

Hapi & Edelgard - Experiment and Anti-Church of Seiros Buddies...

Hapi & Claude - Anti-Church of Seiros Buddies?

Constance & Dedue - I made a support for it and now I ship it. Constance going to Dimitri makes more sense, but I want this more. 

Constance & Ingrid - I can see them having completely differing views of their obligation to nobility due to their experiences, but with only one support (which isn't a guarantee, but a decent guideline IMO), I'm not sure they'd have enough time to hash it out. Unless the writers desire this to end on a sour note, which is very possible and very interesting. 

Constance & Annette - Fighting over Mercedes' friendship ends with Annette joining Constance's quest for magical innovations. Because the two of them can't hate each other for THAT long. 

Lysithea & Hapi/Constance - Both could work, albeit differently. Constance would befuddle Lysithea (in terms of doing something for nobility instead of for the pure love of it) while Hapi and Lysithea would need a conduit to talk about their problems and how they address them. 

If Rhea is playable, I think her supports need to be: 

Rhea & Flayn - We have an idea of how Rhea and Seteth work, but I think seeing how Rhea treats Flayn would be nice too. Is she more like Emmeryn and Camilla and doting, or she more distant, like Xander and Fiora?

Rhea & Seteth - This would be a "behind closed doors" support

Rhea & Byleth - More context and whatnot

Rhea & Yuri - He was a spy for her in the Ashen Wolves DLC. I'd like to see that carried over. 

Rhea & Lysithea - This would be similar to Rhea/Edelgard, so doing either this or Rhea/Edelgard (and other House Leaders) would be the best option

Rhea & Shamir - 

Rhea & Catherine - Catherine is in love with Rhea, after all. 

Rhea & Cyril - I think this could have a cute mother/son dynamic. 

EDIT: This is just a slight pun on the naming, but what if the Fodlan world is building towards a trilogy? Three is already in the name, and we have Three Houses and Three Hopes. What if we get a third game (of a different gameplay style or something else entirely) later down the line, so that when the system after the Switch comes out and IntSys needs a game to fill the time, they can just port all three over? (In my head I'm calling this game Three Heroes, but we'll just have to wait and see.)

I’d love for playable Rhea, because she’s one of my favorite FE characters, ever, but also a great opportunity to develop her beyond her close interests as shown in 3H. She with supports with many more characters would be fantastic, and I’d love her seeing one with Eldie, where while they won’t be friends, they find common understanding 

I am pretty excited, but I am also cautious about being too hyped. I want a MASSIVE roster. Coming from the main Musou series, Fire Emblem Warriors literally had too FEW characters for my taste. The great thing about the main Musou series is its massive roster and there bounds to be at least one character and/or moveset you can click with. And also coming from Fire Emblem Heroes, with over 50% of the entire Fire Emblem cast in (if I remember correctly), I want all Three Houses characters to return in Three Hopes.

And I want unique Weapons too, but also allow characters to swap them out and use other character's weapons.

I also want to be able to customize Byleth more.

And I also want an Empire mode.

6 hours ago, Midnox said:

She with supports with many more characters would be fantastic, and I’d love her seeing one with Eldie, where while they won’t be friends, they find common understanding 

Same! They're different sides of the same coin, and if either could ever open up about their past to each other, I think they'd find that their trauma could make a solid starting point for common ground. 

With so little information, I will admit I'm afraid that the game will go the whole "Church is evil and must be destroyed!" route that many fans believe would be the key to the Golden Route. Providing a common enemy is definitely a great approach, but the Church shouldn't be it. Yes, the Church is problematic, but it also did a lot of good throughout its history. I think pointing everyone (Edelgard, Rhea, Dimitri, & Claude) towards TWSITD is the best option...but I also hope we can see more of the Agarthans as well. Recruiting one, be it Kronya or someone else, feels like something the base game was missing. 

Yes, the dream is real!!!!!!! I am hyped for Edelgard gameplay. I sure hope this game's story is a golden route where Edelgard and the other two lords can all get a happy ending. I want some Edelgard supports with Dimitri and Claude.

Other characters I want playable: Shamir, Lysithea, Flayn, Seteth,  Ferdinand von Aegir, Dorothea, Hilda, Felix, Marianne, Ingrid, Jeritza

I really love the original FE: Warriors. It was a fantastic game. I really hope Three Hopes is as it appears, solely focused on Three Houses. The cast is certainly large enough to provide variety.  

As for what a Golden path would look like, I like the idea of going against the church at first but transitioning into the three lords uniting to fight the Agarthans. I would to see a FE: warriors version of Claude final battle but with ALL the lords united.

As for gameplay, I sure hope they keep the weapon triangle and pair up systems from the first game, they worked so well and made the game a bit more tactical.

Edited by wissenschaft

I just hope it will be better than the first FE Warriors, which was just flat out bad, and logically should be better, since they seems to be taking cues from Age of Calamity, which was pretty great. The worst thing we could say about AoC was that it had a BotW only rooster.... and one of the worst thing we could say about BotW was the fact that the characters weren't well used, so it evened things out.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, Azz said:

Gee, is it what happened to AoC that make you say this? 😄 

Edited by B.Leu

On 2/10/2022 at 2:04 AM, Azz said:

I think it diverts even earlier. Unless Kronya has an out of character heel-face-turn, that looks like real Monica to me. Maybe they replaced someone else, resulting in the failure of the assassination and a diversion in the plot. Maybe they replace no one, and Solon, who sucks at everything, attempts the assassination instead.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier