Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Roster Speculation and Most Anticipated Characters Thread

Well, despite the single-game focus, 3H is a big game with a huge cast. And with 3H built on the Warriors engine, characters should be easier to port than ever. 

Who do you think will make the roster, and who do you look forward to playing most? (It's Dimitri, Linhardt, Balthus, Yuri, and Hapi for me).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highest hopes: Dorothea and Gatekeeper. Former seems decently likely, latter feels like a wildcard that could end up as a secret character.

Would also make me happy: Petra, Mercedes, Anna.

Predictions: Hubert is clearly in the trailer and Hilda appears for a brief moment as well, so Dedue is likely also in. Randolph and Judith are seen as enemies, so it won't be surprising if they're also playable. Sothis and Rhea/Seiros are pretty likely, all things considered. The rest we'll have to wait for.

i just want to see Mercedes with a different haircut, i really dislike her post-timeskip hair

actually now that i think about it, playable Mercedes and Rhea might light an infinitesimably small spark of interest toward this game in me

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Which is fine by me. But a Golden Route like this is literally the best place for them.

I actually hope it isn't a golden route and that two of the three lords are still driven to the grave depending on what route you pic. Koei went on record that they didn't want to do a Golden route before

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually hope it isn't a golden route and that two of the three lords are still driven to the grave depending on what route you pic. Koei went on record that they didn't want to do a Golden route before

They also said they wanted FEW2 but you know you can't believe everything they say.

The entire playable roster of three houses should be playable. I also think we are getting some of the people like Randolph, Ladislava, Fleche, Nadar, Rodrigue and Judith. Actually looking at the trailer again when you look at the lords in there timeskip outfits it kind of looks like Edelgard is attacking Judith and Dimtri is fighting Randolph. Specifally at around the 1:14 marker of the trailer

Edited by vikingsfan92

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think this might be a perfect chance to introduce Holst and count Bergliez. Bergliez especially could be a Lu Bu type of character since he's supposed to be the Imperial big shot. 

The Immaculate one is in the trailer, I really can't think of anyone being more Lu Bu then her.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's because people complained endlessly about Revelation's existence... but now the developers know there are people who want a "golden route" for this game. That doesn't mean there will be a perfect ending however.

Since assets from 3H are being reused, they should at least include every student. I doubt that everyone will get a unique moveset like in Age of Calamity, which should also make things easier. I wonder if we'll get any new playable characters as well?

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's because people complained endlessly about Revelation's existence... but now the developers know there are people who want a "golden route" for this game. That doesn't mean there will be a perfect ending however.

Since assets from 3H are being reused, they should at least include every student. I doubt that everyone will get a unique moveset like in Age of Calamity, which should also make things easier. I wonder if we'll get any new playable characters as well?

They literally showed off a new playable character (probably a player avatar/OC) in the trailer.

Course, they could be a Slitheryn.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Other than the OCs I think Judith and Randolph are likely because it kind of looks like they have fighting assets as the trailer kind of has people who look like them at about 1:14.

For movesets, I hope they do what they should have done for the original FEW: movesets are based on class and stats, not character, with everyone having a base class and 1-2 reclass options. Byleth, the house leaders, and whatever other significant characters there are can have their base class be unique to them. Koei can probably get away with 15-20 movesets and a lot of playable characters this way.

There will probably still be some "but muh ClOnEZ" whiners regardless, but I think this would feel better for many, and it's a perfect translation of how Fire Emblem works to begin with.

Ideally, I would like Byleth and all members of the Houses to be playable including the Ashen Wolves. Especially all the Blue Lions.  In total, that is 26 including Byleth. And then there is also the Church of Serios, and probably a few original characters.  Of course, considering that there will be DLC, they will definitely lock some characters behind it who are popular. 

Another random thought: Wouldn't it be hilarious if they put Darios in this game? He could come implemented Pokemon multiverse style, with him suffering amnesia on his origins. 

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, despite the single-game focus, 3H is a big game with a huge cast. And with 3H built on the Warriors engine, characters should be easier to port than ever

your wish granted, its FEW2-ish. congrats.  but my prediction also correct, if its warrior, it must be about or mostly containing newest entry. that being said, 3H cast is huge compared to what now??

from the trailers there seems a possibility for army management, dunno about other warrior, but FE always were about war, so war campaign with a little bit of army management should feel at home. if not, then its just warrior series usual business. whacking things and capturing post.

the bright side is we got brand new route, new design. and playable two-eyed dimitri

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Course, they could be a Slitheryn

if the 3 house leader work together, then the enemy 100% must be from house of slytherin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for the roster, im sure it will be half of 3H roster initially, not all. since they will include new playable char, and new enemy for this new route.

Edited by joevar

I hope for every Three Houses character to be included on the roster, but realistically I know that probably won't be the case. They'll hold back for DLC. For the base game, I think we'll definitely see:

• Byleth
  • Edelgard
  • Dimitri
  • Claude
  • Hubert
  • Dedue
  • Hilda
  • Bernadetta
  • Felix
  • Lysithea
  • Dorothea
  • Ingrid
  • Marianne
  • Seteth

I'm sure there'll be more, but I could also see them limiting the base roster to four per house + Byleth and Seteth. That would make room for a couple of their own OCs.

There's a very very quick glimpse of Hilda in the trailer with Freikugel, so I'm expecting all of the house leaders and their retainers (so Hubert who's basically confirmed and Dedue).

I'm really really hoping that male-Byleth will be available in the actual game and not as an alternate skin like M!Corrin and F!Robin was in Warriors, but there's no hint of him at all in the trailer.

Other than that, I'm hoping for Ignatz, Ashe, Felix, Sylvain, Lysithea, Petra, and Seteth tbh haha.

I've never played a Warriors game, but I'm honestly interested in this one. I'm very much excited for Claude and Hubert, out of the "confirmed-ish" characters. Aside from them, I'd really like to see Annette and Seteth be playable.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I um....actually suspect the Ashen Wolves won't be in the main game. They're likely DLC. 

I hope not. I'd rather the DLC be reserved for characters from outside 3H, who don't make sense being there otherwise. The Ike and Roy they were apparently saving for the sequel.