Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Roster Speculation and Most Anticipated Characters Thread

11 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I've never played a Warriors game, but I'm honestly interested in this one. I'm very much excited for Claude and Hubert, out of the "confirmed-ish" characters. Aside from them, I'd really like to see Annette and Seteth be playable.

I hope not. I'd rather the DLC be reserved for characters from outside 3H, who don't make sense being there otherwise. The Ike and Roy they were apparently saving for the sequel.

If AoC is any indication, Three Hopes will be Three Houses alone from beginning to end. This isn't being pushed as a crossover, so I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone from other games.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that will be interesting next year is if the original characters the game introduced will be added to the Three Houses section of Choose Your Legends, or will they add a whole new Three Hopes selection that is 90% the same characters (but with new designs, hey they split war and academy arcs). Combining it with the first warriors game and only using the new characters is an option too, as is just ignoring the title entirely (like they have for Warriors thus far).

Believe it or not? I'm actually placing some stock in Raphael- he's not only fairly well-liked by the fanbase, but he's the only base-game character who canonically ends up in a brawling class- a fighting style that would be really cool to see. Then again they could just give us Balthus instead. That... might actually disappoint me a little, but eh. Whatever.

I also want to see Marianne in the game- though not as a cleric primarily, but as a dancer. She could have a variant of Olivia's FEW1 moveset or even something else entirely whilst also having healing magic. Of course I have to be straight with you- this is all mostly just me wanting her to use Blutgang.

Outside of the Golden Deer house, I almost feel like Dedue being part of the lineup is also all but assured. We've seen Hubert and I assume he's playable, we've seen Hilda and I assume she's playable. There is no reason Dedue wouldn't be, and, if you wanna go back to Warriors 1, there wasn't a single playable general unit in that game. So there's that.

Ingrid is basically mandatory, due to being pretty much the only character designed to be a falcon knight in the game.

Jeritza would be another obvious inclusion. He's literally tied with Hubert for being the most recurring boss in Fire Emblem.

Lastly, there's the characters I just want, but don't have any justifiable reason to put on the roster. Characters like Bernadetta, Petra, Mercedes, Felix, Lorenz and Lysithea would be obvious picks out of my favorites.

I've personally never been a fan of the Black Eagles outside of Bernie and Petra... please, IS, don't do us like Heroes. ...come to think of it, that might explain part of my bias

This is the perfect chance to correct a mistake 3H did: playable Rhea. I have reasons to believe Jeraldt will survive, and become playable, so I’m OK with that as well. We could take a break of main character parents killed off for a change anyway

17 hours ago, GlitchWarrior said:

Lastly, there's the characters I just want, but don't have any justifiable reason to put on the roster. Characters like Bernadetta, Petra, Mercedes, Felix, Lorenz and Lysithea would be obvious picks out of my favorites.

I've personally never been a fan of the Black Eagles outside of Bernie and Petra... please, IS, don't do us like Heroes. ...come to think of it, that might explain part of my bias

• Petra being the princess of Brigid is actually an important character politically
  • If Jeritza's playable then it would make sense to include Mercedes so they can interact
  • Houses Gloucester and Ordelia were the pro Empire factions from Leicester, and Lysithea especially would be a good go between for Claude and Edelgard 

Hmm. I could honestly see them cutting back and leaving in just some of the more important characters.

Confirmed: Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard

Expected: Byleth, obviously and please let me play as male Byleth. Probably Hubert and Hilda, and while it physically pains me to write I can see them putting Felix in over Dedue, although Dedue has at least a fighting chance. Probably Seteth and/or Flayn. Lysithea and Marianne have a fighting chance due to popularity. I’ll also throw in Sylvain and Ingrid for the Lions and Dorothea and Ferdinand for the Eagles.

Hopes: For the love of all that is holy let me play as Rhea. She should have been playable in the main game.

First off, even though I expect most characters (like the students) to show up as NPCs in the story, I don't think everybody will be playable since there are just too many characters and some of them would play too similar to each other (unless there are clones like in the first Warriors game, I guess, but that would be boring) and also there are some characters who are way more popular than others, so they would take priority (I mean, I haven't seen anyone cheering for their favorite characters Gilbert and Alois yet).

With that said, these are my predictions:

– Byleth (female default, male alt)

Black Eagles

– Edelgard (confirmed)

– Hubert (he is shown in the foreground alongside Edelgard and got a new design like the Lords, in addition to playing an important role as Edelgard's second in command, so of course he will be playable)

– Bernadetta (as much as it pains me to admit it, she is clearly the most popular Black Eagles student besides Edelgard. I mean, she just got third place once again in CYL6, so I definitely expect her to be playable)

– Dorothea/Petra (if we get someone else besides Bernadetta, it will be either Dorothea or Petra. The former is the more popular of the two, judging by the fact that she ranked higher in CYL6, but the latter would be easier to translate into gameplay since she's a warrior, not a singer) I just want Petra dammit! I know they will probably choose Dorothea because she is more popular, but I want Petra with Lyn's moveset!

Blue Lions

– Dimitri (confirmed)

– Dedue (I'm not entirely sure about him to be honest, since he's not very popular compared to other characters, but I guess it would feel wrong to have Hubert and Hilda but not Dedue for some reason)

– Felix (he is by far the most popular male character in the game after Dimitri and Claude and Gatekeeper. He just got 3rd place like Bernadetta in CYL6, so of course he'll be playable here)

– Ingrid (Yeah, that's right, Ingrid. She may not be one of the most popular female characters in the game, but she's the only canon pegasus knight, so I'm sure she'll be playable. Also I doubt they would make Blue Lions male only, so no Sylvain or Ashe. It's either Ingrid or Mercedes for the last slot no one cares about Annette lol, but I think the former would have a more unique moveset)

Golden Deer

– Claude (confirmed)

– Hilda (we can see her protecting Claude from Dimitri's attack in the trailer. If Hubert is playable, she will be too)

– Lysithea (most popular female character in the game besides Edelgard, perhaps rivaled only by Marianne. She literally won CYL alongside the Lords when Three Houses came out, so of course she will be playable)

– Marianne (most popular female character besides Edelgard and Lysithea, she literally won the next CYL after them. I'm sure she will be playable. She may be also the reason why we may get four students per house instead of three: they probably want to make both Lysithea and Marianne playable, but it would feel wrong for the Golden Deer to have more playable characters than everybody else, so the other Houses get an additional slot too)

Spoiler

I'm sorry, Ignatz and Raphael fans (if you exist), but I highly doubt they stand a chance against Lysithea and Marianne. The popularity gap between them is massive.

Church/Misc.

– Seteth (he's like the second-in-command of the Church and the "Lord" of the route where you reject Edelgard, as well as being the only canon wyvern rider other than Claude, whose moveset would be very different from his. We need some flyers, so he gets in)

– Catherine (she is like the strongest fighter in the Church. She is made for this game, so she should be playable)

– Shamir/Flayn (I think both would make sense. Either Shamir because of Catherine or Flayn because of Seteth and Reah)

– Gatekeeper (you know he is coming. The madman literally won the next CYL after the Lords and Lysithea. He deserves to become the badass he was always meant to be!)

– Jeritza (the Death Knight would feel right at home in this game. He would be the Lu Bu equivalent)

Well, that's it. 18 characters, just like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Since this game is somewhat similar to it, I guess the initial roster would be too.

We basically get a full squad of 4 characters per House/Church + Byleth and Jeritza as the badass lone wolf.

The characters that aren't playable still could show up as NPCs, just like Judith and Randolph, who we can see in the trailer fighting against Edelgard and Dimitri. Also we can see Rhea as The Inmaculate One. Hopefully she will be playable in her human form (I want to punch people as her), but I think she might just be a boss fight or a huge character for a special mode like Ganon in Hyrule Warriors.

I still doubt Jeralt will survive lol. Maybe he and human Rhea could be DLC characters?

Monica/Kronya and the purple-haired OC will just be enemy NPCs, judging by the fact that villains weren't playable in the first Warriors game.

No Anna or Ashen Wolves. I don't feel they are very popular in this game I don't think most people even know they exist. They don't matter in the story, so you could cut them and nothing would change, although maybe Anna could be reused from the first Warriors game. Perhaps as DLC?

In the trailer, it looked like Claude had a wind effect on his attacks and Dimitri had a lightning effect. This could mean they're adding elements into the game like they had in OG Hyrule Warriors. This could mean that every character is playable with clone movesets but every character has an element attached to them to make them unique.

1 hour ago, AJ Okami said:

In the trailer, it looked like Claude had a wind effect on his attacks and Dimitri had a lightning effect. This could mean they're adding elements into the game like they had in OG Hyrule Warriors. This could mean that every character is playable with clone movesets but every character has an element attached to them to make them unique.

That would be a decent way of filling out the roster without redundency, but it wouldn't be a very Fire Embly way too do it. A more authentic way would be to make use of the weapon triangle system. Warriors gameplay is split up until light attacks and heavy attacks, right? What if a different weapon was assigned to each light and heavy for most characters. So, for example, Byleth uses a sword for light attacks, but for heavy attacks you can use gauntlets or magic. This means you could build two characters that have identical attack patterns, but what weapon they use would determine how effective they are due to the weapon triangle. You could also have more control over the weapon triangle via units coming with two different weapons. Three Houses is particularly well suited to being adapted to such a game (or Warriors in general) as you have a pretty large carte blanche for assigning any random weapons to units. Essentially the movesets would be something like this

Infantry Axe/Lance/Sword attacks (all three could have the same patterns for light attacks, but more unique heavy attacks)

Infantry Bow attacks (not sure what comboing light bow attacks into heavy melee attacks would be like, maybe bows would be best off unique)

Infantry Magic attacks

Armoured Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Mounted Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Mounted Bow attacks

Mounted Magic attacks

Flier Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Flier Bow attacks

Flier magic attacks

Essentially each unit is built using two of the above 10 categories, one for their light attacks and one for their heavy attacks (some units could double up on the same weapon type though, like I'd say Dimitri would use lance attacks for both his heavy and light attacks). Leonie, for example, could use mounted lance on her light attacks, but use a bow for her combo finishers, while Fernand uses the same mounted lance on his light attacks, but an axe on his combo finishers. Not every unique combination would be used (Flayn and Constance are probably the only flying magical units one could expect to have), but it would make for a pretty interesting way of building characters that makes them unique and plays to Fire Emblem, and especially Three House's, use of multiple different weapons. It would also lend itself well for a custom character builder, which could be fun. Like you could create a Camilla moveset by combining Light Flying Axe attacks with Heavy Magic attacks.

This absolutely won't happen, but I think it would lend itself well for a Warriors/Fire Emblem crossover.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

That would be a decent way of filling out the roster without redundency, but it wouldn't be a very Fire Embly way too do it. A more authentic way would be to make use of the weapon triangle system. Warriors gameplay is split up until light attacks and heavy attacks, right? What if a different weapon was assigned to each light and heavy for most characters. So, for example, Byleth uses a sword for light attacks, but for heavy attacks you can use gauntlets or magic. This means you could build two characters that have identical attack patterns, but what weapon they use would determine how effective they are due to the weapon triangle. You could also have more control over the weapon triangle via units coming with two different weapons. Three Houses is particularly well suited to being adapted to such a game (or Warriors in general) as you have a pretty large carte blanche for assigning any random weapons to units. Essentially the movesets would be something like this

Infantry Axe/Lance/Sword attacks (all three could have the same patterns for light attacks, but more unique heavy attacks)

Infantry Bow attacks (not sure what comboing light bow attacks into heavy melee attacks would be like, maybe bows would be best off unique)

Infantry Magic attacks

Armoured Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Mounted Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Mounted Bow attacks

Mounted Magic attacks

Flier Axe/Lance/Sword attacks

Flier Bow attacks

Flier magic attacks

Essentially each unit is built using two of the above 10 categories, one for their light attacks and one for their heavy attacks (some units could double up on the same weapon type though, like I'd say Dimitri would use lance attacks for both his heavy and light attacks). Leonie, for example, could use mounted lance on her light attacks, but use a bow for her combo finishers, while Fernand uses the same mounted lance on his light attacks, but an axe on his combo finishers. Not every unique combination would be used (Flayn and Constance are probably the only flying magical units one could expect to have), but it would make for a pretty interesting way of building characters that makes them unique and plays to Fire Emblem, and especially Three House's, use of multiple different weapons. It would also lend itself well for a custom character builder, which could be fun. Like you could create a Camilla moveset by combining Light Flying Axe attacks with Heavy Magic attacks.

This absolutely won't happen, but I think it would lend itself well for a Warriors/Fire Emblem crossover.

Just giving similar characters one or two different EX attacks (character specific combo enders) that use a different weapon type would be more than enough, and Samurai Warriors already does unique EX attacks.

6 hours ago, TheBlackSwordsman said:

First off, even though I expect most characters (like the students) to show up as NPCs in the story, I don't think everybody will be playable since there are just too many characters and some of them would play too similar to each other (unless there are clones like in the first Warriors game, I guess, but that would be boring) and also there are some characters who are way more popular than others, so they would take priority (I mean, I haven't seen anyone cheering for their favorite characters Gilbert and Alois yet).

With that said, these are my predictions:

– Byleth (female default, male alt)

Black Eagles

– Edelgard (confirmed)

– Hubert (he is shown in the foreground alongside Edelgard and got a new design like the Lords, in addition to playing an important role as Edelgard's second in command, so of course he will be playable)

– Bernadetta (as much as it pains me to admit it, she is clearly the most popular Black Eagles student besides Edelgard. I mean, she just got third place once again in CYL6, so I definitely expect her to be playable)

– Dorothea/Petra (if we get someone else besides Bernadetta, it will be either Dorothea or Petra. The former is the more popular of the two, judging by the fact that she ranked higher in CYL6, but the latter would be easier to translate into gameplay since she's a warrior, not a singer) I just want Petra dammit! I know they will probably choose Dorothea because she is more popular, but I want Petra with Lyn's moveset!

Blue Lions

– Dimitri (confirmed)

– Dedue (I'm not entirely sure about him to be honest, since he's not very popular compared to other characters, but I guess it would feel wrong to have Hubert and Hilda but not Dedue for some reason)

– Felix (he is by far the most popular male character in the game after Dimitri and Claude and Gatekeeper. He just got 3rd place like Bernadetta in CYL6, so of course he'll be playable here)

– Ingrid (Yeah, that's right, Ingrid. She may not be one of the most popular female characters in the game, but she's the only canon pegasus knight, so I'm sure she'll be playable. Also I doubt they would make Blue Lions male only, so no Sylvain or Ashe. It's either Ingrid or Mercedes for the last slot no one cares about Annette lol, but I think the former would have a more unique moveset)

Golden Deer

– Claude (confirmed)

– Hilda (we can see her protecting Claude from Dimitri's attack in the trailer. If Hubert is playable, she will be too)

– Lysithea (most popular female character in the game besides Edelgard, perhaps rivaled only by Marianne. She literally won CYL alongside the Lords when Three Houses came out, so of course she will be playable)

– Marianne (most popular female character besides Edelgard and Lysithea, she literally won the next CYL after them. I'm sure she will be playable. She may be also the reason why we may get four students per house instead of three: they probably want to make both Lysithea and Marianne playable, but it would feel wrong for the Golden Deer to have more playable characters than everybody else, so the other Houses get an additional slot too)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry, Ignatz and Raphael fans (if you exist), but I highly doubt they stand a chance against Lysithea and Marianne. The popularity gap between them is massive.

Church/Misc.

– Seteth (he's like the second-in-command of the Church and the "Lord" of the route where you reject Edelgard, as well as being the only canon wyvern rider other than Claude, whose moveset would be very different from his. We need some flyers, so he gets in)

– Catherine (she is like the strongest fighter in the Church. She is made for this game, so she should be playable)

– Shamir/Flayn (I think both would make sense. Either Shamir because of Catherine or Flayn because of Seteth and Reah)

– Gatekeeper (you know he is coming. The madman literally won the next CYL after the Lords and Lysithea. He deserves to become the badass he was always meant to be!)

– Jeritza (the Death Knight would feel right at home in this game. He would be the Lu Bu equivalent)

Well, that's it. 18 characters, just like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Since this game is somewhat similar to it, I guess the initial roster would be too.

We basically get a full squad of 4 characters per House/Church + Byleth and Jeritza as the badass lone wolf.

The characters that aren't playable still could show up as NPCs, just like Judith and Randolph, who we can see in the trailer fighting against Edelgard and Dimitri. Also we can see Rhea as The Inmaculate One. Hopefully she will be playable in her human form (I want to punch people as her), but I think she might just be a boss fight or a huge character for a special mode like Ganon in Hyrule Warriors.

I still doubt Jeralt will survive lol. Maybe he and human Rhea could be DLC characters?

Monica/Kronya and the purple-haired OC will just be enemy NPCs, judging by the fact that villains weren't playable in the first Warriors game.

No Anna or Ashen Wolves. I don't feel they are very popular in this game I don't think most people even know they exist. They don't matter in the story, so you could cut them and nothing would change, although maybe Anna could be reused from the first Warriors game. Perhaps as DLC?

I'd also add in Flayn, if only because Seteth is playable, and those two seem to pair well together for some strange reason. 😉 She could be a Dark Flier if more arial units are need. Similarly, Marianne could also fit as a Pegasus Knight if needed. The flying sword approach may work well for her, given her Relic is an electric sword. If we could expand it to 5 members per House, I'd say that we'd also get either Sylvain (to fit the Childhood Friend Quartet) or Ashe (more popular) from BL, Petra from BE, and Leonie from GD. But I won't add those below. 

The previous FEW game had a couple of trends with its Support conversations. It prioritized characters who have an existing relationship or connection that's unexplored if the two shared a game (Lissa & Lucina, Owain & Olivia, Hinoka & Elise, Camilla & Sakura, etc) or impossible to explore if they didn't (Xander & Olivia, Leo & Owain, etc). Then it branched out to characters who shared a similarity (Chrom & Ryoma b/c they share voice actors, Olivia & Azura b/c they're shy dancers, Azura & Tharja because of magical hexes and curses, Corrin & Robin b/c they're both player Avatars, Camilla and Tharja b/c they're both stalkers and/or Yanderes*). Then we get into just plain hilarious interactions.

Things get tricky, though, because despite the above, Warriors will break its own rules. Most of the Fates/Awakening cast can't support those who they can marry in their own games. But Robin/Tharja, and Corrin/Azura & Xander/Ryoma break that trend entirely. Sure, for the Fates four, you can say that since they're all siblings, it's okay to show them as such. I agree, but it's also weird, since as far as I know Corrin and Xander is a pretty common couple in the rare instances when Charlotte is married to someone else. So, what are we supposed to do with that? Is it okay for the House Leaders to fully support their own house members? Is it expected? If the cast is just 18-24 members, is it too much to expect everyone to be able to support everyone this time around? Will we have paired endings? 

I can't speak for all of the above, so let's just say that everyone has a mix of old and new supports and call it a day. And I refuse to stay consistent on who supports whom until we get an official roster and look at how this will function! We know that supports will be in the game, but how they'll be implemented is yet to be seen. Rhea, Gatekeeper, and Jeritza are left off because I have NO IDEA how to implement them. I mean, I have ideas, but they wouldn't make as much since given the roster that we're speculating. Besides, I imagine Gatekeeper would make for an enticing DLC pack. (Gatekeeper, Jeritza, Rhea, and Anna in Pack 1, the Ashen Wolves in Pack 2, more students in Pack 3 (Ashe, Sylvain, Leonie, and Manuela if they aren't naturally in the game), and then maybe some Cipher characters for Pack 4 (I'd go with Niamh, Poe, Alice, and Valjean since the other four were already seen in SoV). The same is true for any playable OCs since we haven't really met them yet. Assuming they exist. 

So, how I imagine the base support list would look (at this time today): 

Byleth: Everyone

Claude: Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, Hubert, Bernadetta, Dorothea, Seteth

Dimitri: Byleth, Claude, Edelgard, Dedue, Felix, Ingrid, Hilda, Dorothea, Seteth, Hubert

Edelgard: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Hubert, Dorothea, Bernadetta, Hilda, Marianne, Felix, Flayn

Hilda: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Dorothea, Marianne, Felix, Bernadetta

Dedue: Byleth, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Ingrid, Seteth, Shamir, Catherine(?), 

Hubert: Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri, Dedue, Bernadetta, Marianne, Flayn

Lysithea: Byleth, Claude, Flayn, Ingrid, Felix, Catherine, Dorothea, Hubert

Felix: Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Flayn, Hilda, Catherine, Shamir, Marianne

Dorothea: Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Marianne, Hilda, Shamir, Flayn

Marianne: Byleth, Claude, Edelgard, Hilda, Hubert, Felix, Dorothea, Bernadetta

Ingrid: Byleth, Dimitri, Dedue, Dorothea, Catherine, Shamir, Seteth, Lysithea

Bernadetta: Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, Hilda, Hubert, Shamir, Marianne, Flayn

Flayn: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Lysithea, Hilda, Felix, Seteth, Bernadetta 

Seteth: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Dedue, Ingrid, Bernadetta, Flayn, Shamir, Catherine, 

Catherine: Byleth, Dedue, Felix, Ingrid, Lysithea, Seteth, Shamir

Shamir: Byleth, Dedue, Dorothea, Ingrid, Bernadetta, Catherine, Seteth

(If Rhea is included, she'd probably be: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Flayn Seteth, Catherine, Shamir. If she needs two more, go with Marianne and Dedue or something like that.)

*Camilla most definitely is one, while I'd say Tharja skirts the line. She's a stalker, but she doesn't join the Shepherds for Robin nor is she so possessive that she'll kill those who get in her way...despite thinking about doing so.

Edited by Use the Falchion

7 hours ago, TheBlackSwordsman said:

Hide contents

For the record, I think this game will have substantially more characters than Age of Calamity. Characters are WAY easier to transition here because they all already exist in-engine, and AoC spent half its dev time on grass physics (yes, really).

22 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For the record, I think this game will have substantially more characters than Age of Calamity. Characters are WAY easier to transition here because they all already exist in-engine, and AoC spent half its dev time on grass physics (yes, really).

...and now I need to redo my above hypothetical support list in order to add more characters, because you are absolutely right. But yay! More characters! 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:08 PM, eclipse said:

Realistically, I expect to see the house leaders.  If the previous Warriors title can make Takumi work, then Claude should be fine as well!

Takumi didn't just work, he was really strong! If bows work the same way in three hopes then Claude is going be one of the best generalist in the game. Which is certainly great news for Claude fans.

Anyway, my most anticipated character is obvious looking at my avatar. *cough And I imagine a lord is most peoples most anticipated characters. So I'll just assume this thread is about non-lords. In which case Jeritza is a MUST have. I hope he will be three hopes version of Xander in FE:warriors, (a mounted sword user). Xander was so fun to use. 

FE: warriors had a dancer class through DLC, its possible that Dorothea could be a dancer in Three Hopes. It would make sense since one of the students that has the easiest time becoming a dancer.

I suspect each of the three houses will have its own healer. FE warriors had multiple healers of different types. Since we are focusing on only one game exclusively, I think each houses roster will be bigger than any one game in FE: Warriors.

Edited by wissenschaft

I'm not really interested in this game, but I guess I am interested in seeing how Edelgard plays. She's a small emperor unit with a giant axe, a shield and magic; there's a lot that they can do with that. Plus, I still maintain that Edelgard should've been the one chosen for Smash Bros. Ultimate since she's the true mascot of Three Houses, so I guess it would be a neat consolation prize.

As for who I would hope to see in the roster, I guess my list would really be more of a "having these in the roster might make the game get my attention" list. Here's my list:

Black Eagles:

Hubert

Ferdinand

Petra

Blue Lions:

Ingrid

Golden Deer:

Marianne

Other:

Jeritza

10 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd also add in Flayn, if only because Seteth is playable, and those two seem to pair well together for some strange reason. 😉 She could be a Dark Flier if more arial units are need. Similarly, Marianne could also fit as a Pegasus Knight if needed. The flying sword approach may work well for her, given her Relic is an electric sword. If we could expand it to 5 members per House, I'd say that we'd also get either Sylvain (to fit the Childhood Friend Quartet) or Ashe (more popular) from BL, Petra from BE, and Leonie from GD. But I won't add those below. 

The previous FEW game had a couple of trends with its Support conversations. It prioritized characters who have an existing relationship or connection that's unexplored if the two shared a game (Lissa & Lucina, Owain & Olivia, Hinoka & Elise, Camilla & Sakura, etc) or impossible to explore if they didn't (Xander & Olivia, Leo & Owain, etc). Then it branched out to characters who shared a similarity (Chrom & Ryoma b/c they share voice actors, Olivia & Azura b/c they're shy dancers, Azura & Tharja because of magical hexes and curses, Corrin & Robin b/c they're both player Avatars, Camilla and Tharja b/c they're both stalkers and/or Yanderes*). Then we get into just plain hilarious interactions.

Things get tricky, though, because despite the above, Warriors will break its own rules. Most of the Fates/Awakening cast can't support those who they can marry in their own games. But Robin/Tharja, and Corrin/Azura & Xander/Ryoma break that trend entirely. Sure, for the Fates four, you can say that since they're all siblings, it's okay to show them as such. I agree, but it's also weird, since as far as I know Corrin and Xander is a pretty common couple in the rare instances when Charlotte is married to someone else. So, what are we supposed to do with that? Is it okay for the House Leaders to fully support their own house members? Is it expected? If the cast is just 18-24 members, is it too much to expect everyone to be able to support everyone this time around? Will we have paired endings? 

I can't speak for all of the above, so let's just say that everyone has a mix of old and new supports and call it a day. And I refuse to stay consistent on who supports whom until we get an official roster and look at how this will function! We know that supports will be in the game, but how they'll be implemented is yet to be seen. Rhea, Gatekeeper, and Jeritza are left off because I have NO IDEA how to implement them. I mean, I have ideas, but they wouldn't make as much since given the roster that we're speculating. Besides, I imagine Gatekeeper would make for an enticing DLC pack. (Gatekeeper, Jeritza, Rhea, and Anna in Pack 1, the Ashen Wolves in Pack 2, more students in Pack 3 (Ashe, Sylvain, Leonie, and Manuela if they aren't naturally in the game), and then maybe some Cipher characters for Pack 4 (I'd go with Niamh, Poe, Alice, and Valjean since the other four were already seen in SoV). The same is true for any playable OCs since we haven't really met them yet. Assuming they exist. 

So, how I imagine the base support list would look (at this time today): 

Byleth: Everyone

Claude: Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, Hubert, Bernadetta, Dorothea, Seteth

Dimitri: Byleth, Claude, Edelgard, Dedue, Felix, Ingrid, Hilda, Dorothea, Seteth, Hubert

Edelgard: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Hubert, Dorothea, Bernadetta, Hilda, Marianne, Felix, Flayn

Hilda: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Dorothea, Marianne, Felix, Bernadetta

Dedue: Byleth, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, Ingrid, Seteth, Shamir, Catherine(?), 

Hubert: Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri, Dedue, Bernadetta, Marianne, Flayn

Lysithea: Byleth, Claude, Flayn, Ingrid, Felix, Catherine, Dorothea, Hubert

Felix: Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Flayn, Hilda, Catherine, Shamir, Marianne

Dorothea: Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Marianne, Hilda, Shamir, Flayn

Marianne: Byleth, Claude, Edelgard, Hilda, Hubert, Felix, Dorothea, Bernadetta

Ingrid: Byleth, Dimitri, Dedue, Dorothea, Catherine, Shamir, Seteth, Lysithea

Bernadetta: Byleth, Edelgard, Claude, Hilda, Hubert, Shamir, Marianne, Flayn

Flayn: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Lysithea, Hilda, Felix, Seteth, Bernadetta 

Seteth: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Dedue, Ingrid, Bernadetta, Flayn, Shamir, Catherine, 

Catherine: Byleth, Dedue, Felix, Ingrid, Lysithea, Seteth, Shamir

Shamir: Byleth, Dedue, Dorothea, Ingrid, Bernadetta, Catherine, Seteth

(If Rhea is included, she'd probably be: Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Flayn Seteth, Catherine, Shamir. If she needs two more, go with Marianne and Dedue or something like that.)

*Camilla most definitely is one, while I'd say Tharja skirts the line. She's a stalker, but she doesn't join the Shepherds for Robin nor is she so possessive that she'll kill those who get in her way...despite thinking about doing so.

You're right about Flayn. I completely forgot about her, but now that I think about it, she would make sense if Seteth were made playable. Both he and Flayn are the “Lords” of Silver Snow, after all

Flayn could join as the nineteenth character (exactly the same number as Age of Calamity), or she might replace Shamir if 18 was the max number of characters allowed. And if Rhea were playable, she could even replace Catherine, but personally I doubt it.

Supports are another reason why I don't think everybody will be playable. I doubt they would write so many supports for +60 characters. 

1 hour ago, TheBlackSwordsman said:

You're right about Flayn. I completely forgot about her, but now that I think about it, she would make sense if Seteth were made playable. Both he and Flayn are the “Lords” of Silver Snow, after all

Flayn could join as the nineteenth character (exactly the same number as Age of Calamity), or she might replace Shamir if 18 was the max number of characters allowed. And if Rhea were playable, she could even replace Catherine, but personally I doubt it.

Supports are another reason why I don't think everybody will be playable. I doubt they would write so many supports for +60 characters. 

Supports are much more likely to be a primarily mechanical thing than in 3H. In FEW, support ranks don't come with conversations, except maybe in the last rank (for those characters designated as A+ rather than A). It's likely to stay that way.

I don't think they'll prioritize full support conversations over a full roster, because that's a bad prioritization for this subgenre. Musou games are gameplay focused, first and foremost, and they sell themselves on roster. 

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I hope the game is going to be a bit creative about who joins which faction. Not just every Blions automatically fighting for the kingdom in the war, or every Beagle fighting for the Empire. 

I think it would be more interesting if we have cases like Caspar who fights for JUSTICE and against Edelgard, or Lorenz and Lysithea fighting for the pro Imperial faction, or Sylvain deciding he likes Edelgard's ideas about Crests. 

I think, given all the easing factors in this game, it could have upwards of 35 characters, counting DLC. Fire Emblem Warriors had 32, so a few more isn't terribly out of the question. Fire Emblem Warriors apparently had a notably tumultuous development cycle, while this one should have a comparatively smooth one.

Three Houses coincidentally has 35 playable characters as well, but I don't think they will all transition to this one. Most of them will. Some will likely be replaced with newcomers (like Rhea, Edgey McFace, and I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Monica). Note that just because a character is seen in the trailer doesn't mean they will be playable - characters like Judith, Nader, etc. seem like likely NPC fodder.

Namely, I think Gilbert, Alois, Anna, and Hanneman are the most likely cuts. I don't think students are anywhere near as likely to get cut, but if I were to cut one per house, I think Cyril, Ashe, Ignatz, and Linhardt would be the most likely students to willingly sit out the war (well, Marianne too, but they are definitely not cutting her). 

I'll take the unpopular opinion that the Ashen Wolves all should and will get in. Whether that's as DLC or in base game, I won't speculate. It would certainly be amusing if they were sold to us twice.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier