Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Roster Speculation and Most Anticipated Characters Thread

Almost every student being in is more likely if you get to choose a house at the beginning, especially since almost everyone in 3H already has interchangeable movesets. If you're going to make an archer moveset for Bernadetta, you might as well add Ashe and Ignatz too.

As the obvious Lu Bu analogue, the Death Knight will be present even if Jeritza isn't playable. Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, and Shamir seem the most likely to be playable of the non-students, and will probably be DLC if they aren't. The Ashen Wolves will likely be DLC again if they aren't in the base game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'll take the unpopular opinion that the Ashen Wolves all should and will get in. Whether that's as DLC or in base game, I won't speculate. It would certainly be amusing if they were sold to us twice.

For me, 90% they're DLC, 9% they're absent entirely, 1% they're base game.

The Ashen Wolves just scream DLC, from concept to execution. They're #4 in a game and story all about 3. They have no place and no reason to exist in the main story, but they're perfect for their own little DLC side campaign.

21 minutes ago, Florete said:

The Ashen Wolves just scream DLC, from concept to execution. They're #4 in a game and story all about 3. They have no place and no reason to exist in the main story, but they're perfect for their own little DLC side campaign.

to translate that into Musou terms, the Ashen Wolves would make for a great history map. The warriors dlc didnt just add characters but history maps which are the main content of the game.

I am still skeptical we shall be so lucky as to get all the students but if we do then I think it would make sense to let us pick a house at the start of the story mode and move through the story with a part 1 and part 2 the way Three Houses progressed.

Edited by wissenschaft

57 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yeah, probably.

I know that's one dlc I'd gladly buy.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

Dumb as he is, I do hope we get to see him.

Hopefully, they'll make him more relevant with a better place in the plot this time around!

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

Hopefully, they'll make him more relevant with a better place in the plot this time around!

I don't really expect them to, actually can't see any great reason they can and, honestly, I'm not sure I even want to them. Nemesis is a brick wall. He's there to be menacing and fought. The guy doesn't exhibit all that much depth in Three Houses. The most interesting thing about him are how the different groups altered history about him. He's kind of perfect for a Warriors game though, to be this boss enemy that shows up on maps being all intimidating. Not saying it's impossible to make him more relevant to the plot, just that he doesn't much to work with and doesn't even need to be relevant to accomplish what he was designed for.

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't really expect them to, actually can't see any great reason they can and, honestly, I'm not sure I even want to them. Nemesis is a brick wall. He's there to be menacing and fought. The guy doesn't exhibit all that much depth in Three Houses. The most interesting thing about him are how the different groups altered history about him. He's kind of perfect for a Warriors game though, to be this boss enemy that shows up on maps being all intimidating. Not saying it's impossible to make him more relevant to the plot, just that he doesn't much to work with and doesn't even need to be relevant to accomplish what he was designed for.

Agreed. And I'd also say he's badly placed in the story. He has no connection to Claude's story or goals, making him a poor resolution. Claude's narrative arc would have worked so much better had Nader been his final boss, after Claude basically set the stage for full scale invasion.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Agreed. And I'd also say he's badly placed in the story. He has no connection to Claude's story or goals, making him a poor resolution. Claude's narrative arc would have worked so much better had Nader been his final boss, after Claude basically set the stage for full scale invasion.

Well yeah, I think that pretty much goes without saying. He would have been a much better threat for Church route. Though there is at least a slight bit of thematic relevance with Claude defeating him as a representation of the past. Though, Rhea even if randomly crazy would have served that purpose too.

20 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

As the obvious Lu Bu analogue, the Death Knight will be present even if Jeritza isn't playable. Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, and Shamir seem the most likely to be playable of the non-students, and will probably be DLC if they aren't. The Ashen Wolves will likely be DLC again if they aren't in the base game.

I don't know if this game will get to that point but I always felt hobo Dimitri to be a very natural Lu Bu. Dimitri is noted to be especially powerful and he's got the personality to chase a player all around the stage. 

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't know if this game will get to that point but I always felt hobo Dimitri to be a very natural Lu Bu. Dimitri is noted to be especially powerful and he's got the personality to chase a player all around the stage. 

Dimitri really is the most Warriors character ever, because he is unsubtlely Lu Bu.

But since he's playable and doesn't seem to be going down the Kill Every Last One of Them phase, Death Knight will probably be the Lu Bu.

21 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Namely, I think Gilbert, Alois, Anna, and Hanneman are the most likely cuts. I don't think students are anywhere near as likely to get cut, but if I were to cut one per house, I think Cyril, Ashe, Ignatz, and Linhardt would be the most likely students to willingly sit out the war (well, Marianne too, but they are definitely not cutting her). 

Oof! That be a disaster scenario. About every non lord male I exceptionally like except Seteth and Hubert would fail to make the cut. 

Ironically Ashe doesn't seem to be sitting out the war in most routes while many others like Hilda, and Annette got described in the roster as having remained in their lands until the reunion. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof! That be a disaster scenario. About every non lord male I exceptionally like except Seteth and Hubert would fail to make the cut. 

Ironically Ashe doesn't seem to be sitting out the war in most routes while many others like Hilda, and Annette got described in the roster as having remained in their lands until the reunion. 

They more or less have to pick popular vs realistic.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I didn't enjoy listing Hanneman or Linhardt either.

Caspar by popularity would probably be the Black Eagles loser, but I honestly think his position as a warrior/grappler with a particularly boisterous personality just makes him a natural fit. It would be wrong to leave him out.

Kinda hoping they find a way to sneak all the base units in. Especially the students from the three houses.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:13 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I've never played a Warriors game, but I'm honestly interested in this one. I'm very much excited for Claude and Hubert, out of the "confirmed-ish" characters. Aside from them, I'd really like to see Annette and Seteth be playable.

I hope not. I'd rather the DLC be reserved for characters from outside 3H, who don't make sense being there otherwise. The Ike and Roy they were apparently saving for the sequel.

Considering the original Warriors didn't branch out. No shot is the dedicated Three Houses game doing it.

It should be possible to have every characters in it. As the assets are from Three Houses ; it shouldn't be too hard to do so. 

I'm just hoping for Ladislava and Judith to be playable, because they should have been in the base game. Or Randolph as well. Such a missed opportunity imo. 

Anyway, it's great to have a game in the line of HW AOC ; as I've enjoyed it a lot. Let's hope it won't have too much flaws though, but as their main series Dynasty Warriors is going a dark way since a few years, I think it should be at least as great as the last Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by Nagraal

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

Maybe they could treat Nemesis like Galzus? Have him show up on maps where you're taking too long, to chase down the player. Also suddenly changing the music to "God-Shattering Star", or a remix thereof.

8 hours ago, Seazas said:

Considering the original Warriors didn't branch out. No shot is the dedicated Three Houses game doing it.

At least they had Celica and Lyn. Meager offerings to the point of offensive to be sure, but it was something.

Robin/Chrom's family or the noble lines of Hoshido/Nohr have Crest symbols in the form of the Mark of the Exalt and the Dragon's Vein activation stuff. It wouldn't be too hard or too implausible for one of them to sneak into Fodlan under an alias as a DLC character or whatnot. I don't think that will happen, and it still wouldn't be what most players want or who they'd like to see, but I don't think it's impossible either. (I personally wouldn't mind Lucina, Robin, and/or Corrin appearing, but only those three and only if they can have full supports with everyone...maybe I'll let Hinoka in as well. Maybe.) Besides, seeing Robin/Chrom/Lissa/Lucina/Corrin/Azura/etc in Garrag Mach uniforms would be such a treat! ...and an even better treat if we could see time-skip designs for them. But if we didn't get time-skip designs for the monastery faculty and Church of Seiros members outside of Cyril, I doubt we'd get them for DLC characters that most likely won't even appear. But all of this is an aside. 

I think it's very likely that Three Hopes will have DLC characters, be it students who don't make the roster on the first cut, NPCs from the game who weren't originally playable (if Judith, Ladislava, Randoph, etc still aren't), wholly original characters not unlike the Ashen Wolves* (please be Agarthans please be Agarthans please be Agarthans), or even Cipher characters as seen in Echoes.** Or some mix of the above. Although, if they're saving the second half of the Cipher cast for a new game's DLC or Genealogy's DLC, I don't mind waiting.

Fire Emblem has included DLC characters since Awakening. For ten years now, we've seen DLC characters in every FE installment barring TMS#FE. Why would that change now?

Awakening - Einherjar bonus units (Spotpass was included in the game IIRC.) 

Fates - Smash Bros Amiibo DLC characters (Chrom, Ike, Roy, Robin) and Cipher Promos (Lucina, Marth, and Minerva). Lucina and Marth may actually have two DLCs about them, since they have Amiibo support and Cipher promo DLC. But I can't confirm if they overlap or not. 

Echoes - FE Cipher characters (Randall, Shade, Emma, Yuzu)

FE Warriors - Fates DLC pack (Azura, Oboro, Niles), Awakening DLC pack (Olivia, Tharja, Owain), Archenea DLC pack (Minerva, Linde, Navarre)

Three Houses - Anna, Jeritza, Ashen Wolves (Yuri, Hapi, Balthus, Constance)

*I will also take more Ashen Wolves, as in, more members of that house who were from that house into the game. 

**Poe, one of the Cipher members is literally from Fodlan. It wouldn't be too hard to include her in, would it?

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

**Poe, one of the Cipher members is literally from Fodlan. It wouldn't be too hard to include her in, would it?

One of the Cipher OCs is from Fodlan? Huh, I thought all the Cipher OCs predated Fodlan. In fact I thought they announced they'd stopped making Cipher a few years ago. That's the one part of the community I'm super out of the loop of.

4 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

At least they had Celica and Lyn. Meager offerings to the point of offensive to be sure, but it was something.

Robin/Chrom's family or the noble lines of Hoshido/Nohr have Crest symbols in the form of the Mark of the Exalt and the Dragon's Vein activation stuff. It wouldn't be too hard or too implausible for one of them to sneak into Fodlan under an alias as a DLC character or whatnot. I don't think that will happen, and it still wouldn't be what most players want or who they'd like to see, but I don't think it's impossible either. (I personally wouldn't mind Lucina, Robin, and/or Corrin appearing, but only those three and only if they can have full supports with everyone...maybe I'll let Hinoka in as well. Maybe.) Besides, seeing Robin/Chrom/Lissa/Lucina/Corrin/Azura/etc in Garrag Mach uniforms would be such a treat! ...and an even better treat if we could see time-skip designs for them. But if we didn't get time-skip designs for the monastery faculty and Church of Seiros members outside of Cyril, I doubt we'd get them for DLC characters that most likely won't even appear. But all of this is an aside. 

I think it's very likely that Three Hopes will have DLC characters, be it students who don't make the roster on the first cut, NPCs from the game who weren't originally playable (if Judith, Ladislava, Randoph, etc still aren't), wholly original characters not unlike the Ashen Wolves* (please be Agarthans please be Agarthans please be Agarthans), or even Cipher characters as seen in Echoes.** Or some mix of the above. Although, if they're saving the second half of the Cipher cast for a new game's DLC or Genealogy's DLC, I don't mind waiting.

Fire Emblem has included DLC characters since Awakening. For ten years now, we've seen DLC characters in every FE installment barring TMS#FE. Why would that change now?

Awakening - Einherjar bonus units (Spotpass was included in the game IIRC.) 

Fates - Smash Bros Amiibo DLC characters (Chrom, Ike, Roy, Robin) and Cipher Promos (Lucina, Marth, and Minerva). Lucina and Marth may actually have two DLCs about them, since they have Amiibo support and Cipher promo DLC. But I can't confirm if they overlap or not. 

Echoes - FE Cipher characters (Randall, Shade, Emma, Yuzu)

FE Warriors - Fates DLC pack (Azura, Oboro, Niles), Awakening DLC pack (Olivia, Tharja, Owain), Archenea DLC pack (Minerva, Linde, Navarre)

Three Houses - Anna, Jeritza, Ashen Wolves (Yuri, Hapi, Balthus, Constance)

*I will also take more Ashen Wolves, as in, more members of that house who were from that house into the game. 

Celica and Lyn weren't chosen by Koei, they were shoved in by Intsys. Koei specifically has a history with their roster. They didn't push any general Zelda characters in AOC despite easily having the option to. They're firmly focused on Three Houses, so we're definitely getting THs' characters as DLC. We'll get DLC, but the mainline games have zero bearing on Koei and their choices. Three Houses is a money maker and Three Hopes is all about Three Houses.

Edited by Seazas

19 hours ago, Seazas said:

Celica and Lyn weren't chosen by Koei, they were shoved in by Intsys. Koei specifically has a history with their roster. They didn't push any general Zelda characters in AOC despite easily having the option to.

Last I checked, IntSys is still managing this game as well. If they want to go that path, they can still demand it. Again, I don't think they will either, but I don't think it's as simple as "because this is a Koei game it's going to be XYZ." It's also an IntSys FE game. 

19 hours ago, Seazas said:

They're firmly focused on Three Houses, so we're definitely getting THs' characters as DLC.

Assuming they're not all in the game at launch, and both sides at this point have the right to assume. Besides, there can be multiple waves of DLC, and I gave multiple options about what it could be. 

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

One of the Cipher OCs is from Fodlan? Huh, I thought all the Cipher OCs predated Fodlan. In fact I thought they announced they'd stopped making Cipher a few years ago. That's the one part of the community I'm super out of the loop of.

I'm not majorly in the loop either, but I remember Cipher ending in late-2020, so a year after Three Houses and several months after the Ashen Wolves DLC. After doing some digging, it turns out I'm mostly right and somewhat wrong. Poe, the character in question, isn't native to Fodlan per se, but she is associated with Fodlan. Her concept art and release in the game (October 2019) coincide with Three Houses' main push into Cipher. One of her base cards classes is Noble, a class we associated with Three Houses. 

Poe is the only Cipher OC to be released after Three Houses, but her association with Fodlan and lack of appearance in a mainline game makes her a perfect fit for Three Hopes DLC IMO. (Alongside Alice, Valjean, and Niamh)

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Last I checked, IntSys is still managing this game as well. If they want to go that path, they can still demand it. Again, I don't think they will either, but I don't think it's as simple as "because this is a Koei game it's going to be XYZ." It's also an IntSys FE game. 

Assuming they're not all in the game at launch, and both sides at this point have the right to assume. Besides, there can be multiple waves of DLC, and I gave multiple options about what it could be. 

I'm not majorly in the loop either, but I remember Cipher ending in late-2020, so a year after Three Houses and several months after the Ashen Wolves DLC. After doing some digging, it turns out I'm mostly right and somewhat wrong. Poe, the character in question, isn't native to Fodlan per se, but she is associated with Fodlan. Her concept art and release in the game (October 2019) coincide with Three Houses' main push into Cipher. One of her base cards classes is Noble, a class we associated with Three Houses. 

Poe is the only Cipher OC to be released after Three Houses, but her association with Fodlan and lack of appearance in a mainline game makes her a perfect fit for Three Hopes DLC IMO. (Alongside Alice, Valjean, and Niamh)

Ah so Cipher is dead then. Your comment made me think it had received a revival at some point as a result of Three Houses or something. Yeah, it would be nice to get the last four into the main series in some way (not that Heroes would exactly be main series). Especially since, I think, one of them is an Armoured Mage and thus would be great for Heroes.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think Ashe has a higher chance of being in the base roster most people might expect. In FEH CYL4 he was 9th, 9th in CYL5, and 11th in CYL 6th, despite getting an alt by that point. Sure IS and KT won't strictly look at popularity polls like that for base game picks, but I think it's a substantial enough metric to take into account for speculation.

• 1 month later...

The Ashen Wolves have to appear, I love them. I’m nearly certain my favourite students are getting in, but the Ashen Wolves are a huge question mark.

I’d love if they had plot relevance but even if they were just a ‘oh hey these guys exist’ I’d take it.