Who is the Mysterious Captain Edgelord

The mysterious purple-haired OC is one of the most striking parts of the Three Hopes trailer.

So let's discuss. Who is Byleth's new nemesis? Is he with TWSITD? Is he a rival mercenary hired by the other Houses? A time traveler meant to keep the story on its path? The killer of Jeralt in this new timeline? Just some jerk who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

I think it’s likely a New Avatar. I find it strange they blatantly put female Byleth as the star of the trailer and especially box art. The box Art for the other games put the avatars equal or neutral. Awakening had Robin hooded, Male Corrin was with Birthright and Female was with Conquest, while Three Houses features both genders.

Also, I don’t see it get mentioned, but the Guy wielding a Hero’s Relic, but Byleth is not. It looks like the Sword of Creator, but the handle is different. I guess that means there is going to be the New Hero’s Relics in the game. 

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I think it’s likely a New Avatar. I find it strange they blatantly put female Byleth as the star of the trailer and especially box art. The box Art for the other games put the avatars equal or neutral. Awakening had Robin hooded, Male Corrin was with Birthright and Female was with Conquest, while Three Houses features both genders.

Also, I don’t see it get mentioned, but the Guy wielding a Hero’s Relic, but Byleth is not. It looks like the Sword of Creator, but the handle is different. I guess that means there is going to be the New Hero’s Relics in the game. 

I will be Hella upset if I can't play MByleth in this game.

18 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Me too. I’m hoping there is an option to switch between them because Male Byleth is still very Popular.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I love it. M. Night would be proud.

Who? There is no M. Night Shyamalan, nor is there a live-action The Last Airbender movie. Now, if you'll excuse me, the Earth King has invited me to Lake Laoghai, and I am honoured to accept his invitation.

Oh: I just came up with another prediction for who he could be: a generic villain who acts arrogant in front of Thales only to get eaten by Nemesis in order to facilitate Nemesis' return.

Edited by vanguard333

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Based on the trailer and boxart, I think he won't be part of the story, but I doubt they'd leave him out entirely. He'll likely be a skin at the very least, maybe have his own mini story outside the main game like M Corrin did in FEW 1.

42 minutes ago, Florete said:

Based on the trailer and boxart, I think he won't be part of the story, but I doubt they'd leave him out entirely. He'll likely be a skin at the very least, maybe have his own mini story outside the main game like M Corrin did in FEW 1.

My attitude on Byleths is the same as my attitude on characters from other games. I do not care who is and isn't in the story they want to tell. I just want to play them.

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always assumed he was Byleth's evil clone. Either bred by the Slitherers or by Rhea. 

Probably Rhea since she said there were previous attempts to create Byleth.

I mentioned it on another thread not even two hours ago, but I think there's a real possibility this will be the case. 

My theory, at least for now, is that this character is actually M!Byleth who is a clone of F!Byleth, but with his hair turned a different color due to a different god's influence. When we beat the game, or some point along the way, we'll be able to play as M!Byleth and we'll see the evil version of F!Byleth. Or we can do two M!Byleths and whatnot. They had that in the first Warriors, maybe they'll have it here. 

...being completely honest, I'm giving the above theory a less than 30% chance of being true, but until we learn more, I'm holding to it. ...and others. Because no one said you have to have just one theory. 

14 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Me too. I’m hoping there is an option to switch between them because Male Byleth is still very Popular.

It’s really weird Femile Byleth was the only one shown so far considering the other avatars had (sans Kris, but he was comparatively minor) had equal billing at most, or hid their gender

On 2/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, vanguard333 said:

I think he's Koei Tecmo's OC do-not-steal that will use time travel to save everyone, and when you cast Silence on him, he is revealed to actually be a robotic celery that is Terrako's fraternal twin brother.

I mean is it Koei Tecmo's OC do not steal if Koei Tecmo also made the original game?

8 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

I mean is it Koei Tecmo's OC do not steal if Koei Tecmo also made the original game?

I'd say yes, since this game is a Koei Tecmo project and IS was ultimately in charge of Three Houses.

Besides, that was a joke-prediction.

He's the mysterious captain edgelord OC donusteel. Seriously, just look at him. I though the Ashen Wolves or the MCs of fhe first warriors looked out of place, well sheesh!

On 2/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'd be too to be honest.

I remember reading about things that IS had apparently planned for Three Houses only to scrap them, and one of those things they apparently scrapped was that Edelgard being something of a counterpart to Byleth via her Crest of Flames being a lot more important to the story, including giving her the power to interfere with the divine pulse ability. The more I see of this mysterious captain edgelord, the more I'm reminded of that idea, especially since them breaking Byleth's sword doesn't matter much if Byleth can rewind time back to before it broke. Perhaps this character, alongside other things, are going to be how Koei Tecmo recycles some those scrapped ideas?

I wonder if it could be that mysterious, 17 year old character with the Crest of Flames that got added to 3 House's game files with the DLC but never got released. Perhaps you unlock them in 3 Houses if you own 3 Hopes? This character got added just over 2 years ago, which would've been around the time that 3 Hope's development was in early stages...