Is it too early for me to experience buyer’s remorse for the PS5?

Fryer

Bought my PS5 about a month ago and the only games I've played and enjoyed were Ghost of Tsushima and Guilty Gear Strive. I've pretty much grew up Nintendo my whole life and I don't have much of attatchment to any IPs outside the company. Only bought Tsushima because I liked the setting and graphics- also thought the gameplay was pretty rad but never felt “fun”, just engaging.

Should I just sell my PS5 or wait a couple more years for more games to come? Besides fighting games (most of which are on PC anyways) I liked old turn-based JRPGs like Dragon Quest but I feel less invested in them in recent years due to work and life changes. The only RPG series I like now is Fire Emblem but I would be interested in playing Dragon Quest 12 when it comes out.

I understand that PS4-PS5 has a big library but none of the setting or gameplay really catches my eye. My gaming interests are pretty niche so I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort to sell my PS5 and use that money for a gaming laptop to play fighting games on.

As you can tell, I already have a Switch.

EDIT: for anyone here who are fighting game fans, is PC more active? From what I’ve heard, Guilty Gear and other anime fighters are less active on console. And am I SOL without an ethernet? I don’t use one for PS5 but most of my matches have solid connection 

Edited by Fryer

You can experience buyer's remorse at any point after purchasing something; sometimes it's immediately, other times it's a slow burn. It depends on what you purchased, how you feel it about, how much use you've been getting out of it, etc.

However, PS5's have been notoriously hard to come by since their launch (unless they've become more available as of late; I wouldn't know), so I would hold onto it. It might be worth branching out into other genres and trying new games to test the waters and see if you like it or not. You might find something new to enjoy. Since you're into JRPGs, I would recommend Final Fantasy if you can get into that. FF7 Remake Intergrade is on PS5.

7 hours ago, Fryer said:

Did it not acquire Activision recently? Don't have an Xbox so....

Yeah, they did. They got Blizzard too since Activision and Blizzard are a joint venture.

16 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

However, PS5's have been notoriously hard to come by since their launch (unless they've become more available as of late; I wouldn't know), so I would hold onto it. It might be worth branching out into other genres and trying new games to test the waters and see if you like it or not.

Counterpoint: If the PS5 is still scarce, that means he can get more money for selling it now.

Personally, I don't know what sort of games you do or don't like, but if you've gone through the trouble of actually getting a PS5, I feel like you may as well enjoy it-Especially since Seller's remorse can also be a thing. That said, there's nothing particularly wrong with selling it.

As far as game recommendations go, if you don't hate Souls games, I can massively recommend Bloodborne and/or Elden Ring; the Horizon series is supposed to be incredible as well.

As far as JRPGs go, might I suggest Yakuza: Like A Dragon? I believe that its gameplay is meant to pay homage to Dragon Quest, (I can't say for sure because I've never played one) and the story is really good.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Do be careful, there have been stories of "scalpers" getting shot.

Stay strapped, Fish Man.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

As far as JRPGs go, might I suggest Yakuza: Like A Dragon? I believe that its gameplay is meant to pay homage to Dragon Quest, (I can't say for sure because I've never played one) and the story is really good.

But does it have a pink suit in it?

The PS5 can play PS4 games too. You can shop around those digital sales, raid your local Gamestop for good deals. Try something interesting on the cheap.

Playstation Now may be worth a look as well for the same reason. It's mostly older generation games, but you mention mostly having played Nintendo franchises, so that means a lot of this is new to you. PS Now came out with a bad reputation because it used to be all cloud gaming, but a couple years ago they finally added the option to download the games to your harddrive instead. Meaning you don't have to settle for the badness that is Cloud Gaming. And you keep cloud gaming as an option if you just want to try out a game for an hour without having to spend an additional hour installing it. Unfortunately not all of them are downloadable, just the ones that released on a PS4/PS5. PS3 games that never got a PS4 port, like Asura's Wrath for instance, would be stuck with the Cloud option. 

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

But does it have a pink suit in it?

YqwDaDC.png

Er... Kinda? It's more burgundy than pink, but it is close enough.

You can also defeat enemies using a giant vibrator, so it's the greatest game ever made.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:24 AM, Fryer said:

Should I just sell my PS5 or wait a couple more years

Pretty dumb thing to say but, anyways: you can sell it right away if you know you won't enjoy it or keep it. Right now PS5's value is sky high, even for used units (at least for what I can see from the Italian's eBay). 

Captain Obvious out.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, vercio said:

Pretty dumb thing to say but, anyways: you can sell it right away if you know you won't enjoy it or keep it. Right now PS5's value is sky high, even for used units (at least for what I can see from the Italian's eBay). 

Captain Obvious out.

Any idea (based off the PS3 and PS4's life cycle) when PS5's value will go down? No exclusives interest me for this year and I am just playing the few games that I do enjoy on a gaming laptop.

Might as well sell it for a profit and buy a new one once more exclusives pop up. I'd play Persona 6 if/when it releases.

Edited by Fryer