Rock Lee deserved to be with Sakura

♠Soul♠

But Sakura didnt deserve to be with Rock Lee, in my opinion. She's so petty and shallow.

Now if she had more character development it could have been great. If she could have overcamed her crush on the loner that didnt give a fuck about her (and that she only "loved" because she thought he was handsome) and eventually found out that she likes Rock Lee in spite of not thinking he is too attractive, it would have been nice. It would have been a nice message that you should prioritize who treats you well and care about you over the handsome dude, and also that people can be more than the first impression you had of them (on both ways, since she would realize that Sasuke is not as likable/as nice as she first thought and vice versa for Rock Lee)(Well, I know that Sakura and Rock Lee's friendship already is kinda of this "first impression doesnt really matter" think, but I would have liked to see them becoming a couple eventually too, it would be that thing that you would never expect to happen when watching their first interactions). Sure, its not just because Rock Lee treated Sakura better than Sasuke and had a crush on her that she had to recipocrate his feelings, but it would have been cool to see her evolution from a girl that wants to be with Sasuke because of his looks and cuz she thinks he is cool while rejecting (and not respecting) Rock Lee instantly because of his weirdness without looking into anything else, to a girl who overcame Sasuke and fell in love with a guy that she throught that was weird as hell, idk, for me it would be funny to see Sakura having a crush on Rock Lee (she could even be embarassed about falling in love with a guy as weird as him in the beggining, but eventually accept it to herself) and eventually learning to be a more caring and humble person with his help.

I would really even rather Sakura to have ended up alone than with Sasuke tbh, she not giving up on him and being such a simp was pretty detrimental to her character development. But I think that being with Rock Lee would be better than alone for Sakura. (also even if I dont give a shit about boruto, Sakura's and Rock Lee's kid being great at taijutsu and having Sakura's monster strenght would be a cool idea)

16 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

These days its sometimes considered bad form to suggest a character ''deserves'' a love interest as if she's some prize. Which isn't to say its not a decent pairing. Ending up with the awkward boy with the weird eyebrows would be a sign of character growth for the kinda shallow Sakura. 

Totally agree! You managed to say what I was trying to say better than me and with a lot less words...

17 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

These days its sometimes considered bad form to suggest a character ''deserves'' a love interest as if she's some prize.

I was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, as much as I think that the only two well-written pairings in Naruto were Naruto x Hinata and Shikamaru x Temari, I don't think Sakura x Lee would've been any better than what happened. Besides, if Sarada x Sasuke didn't happen, then we wouldn't have Sarada: one of the few good things about Boruto, so I'm overall positive about the Sakura x Sasuke pairing.

19 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

These days its sometimes considered bad form to suggest a character ''deserves'' a love interest as if she's some prize.

Not "these days," and not "sometimes." It always has and always is. It just took a while for people to realize.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 4:38 AM, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, as much as I think that the only two well-written pairings in Naruto were Naruto x Hinata and Shikamaru x Temari, I don't think Sakura x Lee would've been any better than what happened. Besides, if Sarada x Sasuke didn't happen, then we wouldn't have Sarada: one of the few good things about Boruto, so I'm overall positive about the Sakura x Sasuke pairing.

What if you weren't considering Boruto though? Would you still think that Sasuke x Sakura is better than Rock Lee x Sakura?

I gotta admit that I find seeing most of Naruto couples together as adults weird as hell, idk the way they act as married people is pretty weird sometimes(like Sakura and Ino blushing when Sasuke and Sai do stuff like putting the hand on their shoulders, as if they hadnt had sex yet) with the exception of Shikamaru x Temari (and maybe Naruto x Hinata too...)

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

What if you weren't considering Boruto though? Would you still think that Sasuke x Sakura is better than Rock Lee x Sakura?

I don't know about better, but I don't think it was worse than what Rock Lee x Sakura could've been. When it comes to Sasuka and Sakura as characters, their problems are mainly in execution; at the concept level, I can see the potential, and the same thing goes with their pairing.

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I gotta admit that I find seeing most of Naruto couples together as adults weird as hell, idk the way they act as married people is pretty weird sometimes(like Sakura and Ino blushing when Sasuke and Sai do stuff like putting the hand on their shoulders, as if they hadn't had sex yet) with the exception of Shikamaru x Temari (and maybe Naruto x Hinata too...)

In the case of Sakura, it's mainly because Sasuke is often away on missions, and in the case of Ino, it's probably because Sai is just so stoic that she's caught off-guard whenever he goes out of his way to be affectionate. It is a bit weird, but I think it makes sense given their characters.