Priam

FailWood

I'd like to know what others think of his character.  I know there's a good chunk of people who hate him for simply existing as he claims to be Ike's descendant, but I personally like his character.  For how strong he's said to be, he's very chill, surprisingly normal compared to the rest of Awakening's cast, and humble about who he is, never mentioning his relation to Ike outside of his initial meeting with Chrom and Robin.

I can't say that i'm a fan of Priam, but that has nothing to do with Priam himself. Normally i'd say that being obsessed with fighting and getting stronger isn't my type of character, but that there's nothing really wrong with it either. Its having no real role in the story and having no non avatar supports is what makes me kinda meh on Priam though. It makes me mostly just forget he's even in Awakening since the game is practically over when you are able to get him.

Maybe I'd have an opinion of him if, you know, he actually had a character. Like they really didn't give him much to work with other than the Ike cosplay. Ragnell gets more development than him in Heroes' Forging Bonds (personally for the purpose of that convo I think they should have had him interact with Altina than Ike in order to see Ragnell in it's prime, that would have kept an interaction with him and Ike more tantalizing and would have given some more screen time to Altina, who needs it more. It would also just logically make more sense, if he wants to see Ragnell at it's peak, then that would be more appropriate). He's just a completely flat character with the barest of personality traits, in a game where characters are, for better or worse, very defined by a couple of traits.

Edited by Jotari

Personally I really like him.  Basilio and Priam are my 2 favorites from Awakening.  I don't really care about the Ike part of him I just found him to be a nice character.  Of course my favorites tend to be not as popular for the most part so him being disliked for the Ike copycatting I get, but I judge characters on their own merits so Priam by himself in his Robin supports is a to me interesting character.

Personally not enough to go off of, he has no character outside of his map and the Robin Supports.

There could have been so much done with him in heroes and they squandered that chance so, so bad.

Other than that he's meh.  Not noteworthy for much more than his design.

I really like Priam! I like his design, his classes and skillset, how he has Ragnell, and how different he is depending on which Robin you choose (annoyingly chatty with M!Robin and strong & silent with F!Robin). He's my favorite guy to pair with F!Robin, although it always means waiting the entire game for the two to get together...

I understand why they didn't do much with him in Heroes as well, since his existence is very controversial in the first place. If Heroes did more with him, then they may accidentally lean too far one way or the other. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings toward Priam because he is altogether a nice person, but  his constant talk of wanting to be stronger doesn’t make him a very dynamic character. He is not my best unit, so I didn’t like it much when Robin referenced that he was the strongest person he/she knew. With not much more than that to go off of, Priam’s character is highly dependent on the fact that he is a descendant of Ike, who he (quite strangely) dresses very similarly to.

• 2 months later...