FE7 draft

Haar977

Have been wanting to do a hardcore FE7 draft for while.  Wondering if anyone would be interested.  The rules I had are as follows:

6 team draft with each team playing the entirety of the game starting with Lyn hard mode into Hector hard mode.  The only “free” characters would be Hector, Merlinus, and Athos; all other characters would be draftable over the course of 6 rounds (snake draft), which is 40 total characters (4 would not be left undrafted).  

Here’s the kicker: any unit that is deployed on a map is playable for that chapter.  You can only choose to deploy units you drafted, but there are certain chapters where you are forced to deploy certain characters.  For example, chapter 21 of Hector’s story requires the player to deploy Eliwood.  So for that chapter specifically, all teams may use Eliwood in battle, regardless if they drafted Eliwood or not.
So the following units would be available for everyone for these specific chapters:

Lyn: Prologue, ch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7x, 8, 9, 10, 16, 20, 22, 26, 31, Final

Kent: ch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16

Sain: ch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 16

Florina: ch 3, 4, 5, 6, 16

Wil: ch 3, 4, 5, 6, 16

Rath: ch 6

Matthew: ch 6, 11, 12, 13, 13x

Nils/Ninian: ch 7, 21, 32, Final

Lucius: ch 7

Wallace: ch 9

Eliwood: ch 12, 13, 13x, 20, 21, 22, 26, 31, Final

Oswin: ch 12, 13, 13x

Marcus: ch 12, 13, 13x

Serra: ch 12, 13, 13x

Lowen: ch 12, 13, 13x

Rebecca: ch 12, 13, 13x

Bartre: ch 12, 13, 13x

Dorcas: ch 12, 13, 13x

Priscilla: ch 14

Canas: ch 17x

Dart: ch 19

Isadora: ch 22

Pent: ch 26

Louise: ch 26

There would also be special scenarios where a unit could be deployed to recruit a drafted unit.  Example being, Serra could be deployed in chapter 14 if you drafted Erk.

If there’s any questions, happy to answer them! Let me know if you’d be interested

Ooh, FE7 draft? I'm in.

I have just one issue. Marcus and Nils/Ninian being in the draft pool is a TON of power to give to a single player... also I generally like screwing around and trying stupid stuff, so maybe I'm in the wrong thread. LTC has never been my playstyle ever.

Edited by GlitchWarrior

I loved forced units being free so i'm super de duper in. Drafting Marcus and Ninian/Nils is kind of insane, but I'm still into it, especially since Marcus' freedom in the first handful of maps goes a very long way in making him less better than everyone else.

How are the gaidens treated? I think optional and free gaidens is the most sensible. More than one of them is very toxic without the right characters.

12 hours ago, GlitchWarrior said:

Ooh, FE7 draft? I'm in.

I have just one issue. Marcus and Nils/Ninian being in the draft pool is a TON of power to give to a single player... also I generally like screwing around and trying stupid stuff, so maybe I'm in the wrong thread. LTC has never been my playstyle ever.

So regarding Marcus especially, reason I had came with including him as part of the draft was for 2 reasons.

1 He will be available to everyone for the first few chapters as he is automatically deployed

2 We are playing through Lyn’s story, which means there are opportunities to buff up certain units so when they become available in Hector’s story, they will (or at least should) immediately have a leg up on the enemy

I suppose thinking about it more, we can make Ninian/Nils free.  That way everyone has the opportunity grind up Nils in Lyns story so chapter 19xx becomes available

5 hours ago, Terrador said:

I loved forced units being free so i'm super de duper in. Drafting Marcus and Ninian/Nils is kind of insane, but I'm still into it, especially since Marcus' freedom in the first handful of maps goes a very long way in making him less better than everyone else.

How are the gaidens treated? I think optional and free gaidens is the most sensible. More than one of them is very toxic without the right characters.

Yeah, gaidens are optional.  I personally am going to try all the gaidens, but not a requirement.

Nobody is gonna play 19xx, even with free ninian or nils. we're not gonna get the 65+ turns of nils toots before Lyn mode ends.

though. i did just realize that if gaidens aren't turn limited we can just grind whoever in any of them. maybe cut them to 20 turns?

Edited by Terrador
oop