I'm actually interested on what would happen in FE8's story if Eirika isn't actually a kindhearted and naive person after all and is just a coldhearted sociopath.

Basically, what I'm trying to  say is that what if Eirika is the kind of person who:

• is smart and manipulates others by using methods such as pretending to be kind and naive.
  • never actually cares about anybody and only sees others as tools.
  • would leave someone to die just to save herself.
  • never really cares if somebody died whether its an ally or not and would sometimes insult them for being "weak".

I could add some more, but you get the idea.

How would this kind of Eirika react to the events of Sacred Stones or what events would change as a result of her personality?

That's a good point. I'm kind of wondered if Ephraim or Lyon would think of Eirika do something like that to her allies since I don't picture Eirika would do something this cold.

I think that what if scenario would make Eirika a villain (or an anti-hero) if that happened in The Sacred Stones since she's the first main playable character in The Sacred Stones before Ephraim shined in.

Spoilers for whole game:

-Tell Seth to die for her in prologue after taking his steel sword.
-Skip saving Tana in chapter 1.
-Try to avoid fighting after reaching safety in Frelia, getting the Frelian army to do all the work.
-Punish Colm w/ death or maybe just servitude a la Rennac/L'Arachel for stealing the bracelet.
-Kill Joshua.
-Tell Vanessa not to worry about saving the villagers from the Bael, surviving the mission is more important (then send Vanessa somewhere else really dangerous).
-(correctly) distrust Orson, but maybe for wrong reasons, because he should have done more to save Ephraim.
-Kill Amelia.
-Try and not risk her army to save Innes's remnants in Carcino, but ultimately get persuaded by Seth or other allied units to do so.
-Kill Marisa.
-Not recruit Ewan from the house (though maybe he still survives).
-Kill Glenn and Cormag.
-Recruit Valter with feminine wiles, kill him, take spear, become more sociopathic.
-Since Joshua is dead, also recruit Caellach, but unlike w/ Valter Caellach is this really cool guy so they become best buds like Joshua and Caellach used to be (don't ask me to spell his name right unless I already did).
-Not lose the sacred stone of Renais to Lyon/Demon King trickery.
-But potentially go over to the dark side because she can get immortality that way

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, Original Johan Liebert said:

Tell Seth to die for her in prologue after taking his steel sword.

This makes no sense - Eirika has Seth's absolute loyalty, so he's doing much more for her alive than dead.

Skip saving Tana in chapter 1.

Again - Tana is a great ally, and having the King of Frelia in her debt is a great position for Eirika.

Try and not risk her army to save Innes's remnants in Carcino, but ultimately get persuaded by Seth or other allied units to do so.

Saving Innes, a powerful prince, is definitely in her best interests. Plus, he has a great Mercenary and a Dancer with him.

Kill Marisa.

Finally, a good change.

This makes no sense - Eirika has Seth's absolute loyalty, so he's doing much more for her alive than dead

Not to mention that Eirika can't wield the steel sword at that time. What was I thinking?!

Speaking of Glen, I do wonder if Eirika encounters Glen would try to make Eirika fight Glen instead of confronting him the truth about what really happened. That would possibly damage Glen more and Valter definitely would kill Glen more brutal after Eirika left and it might possibly make Cormag be iffy with being recruited into Eirika's party since Cormag finds out Valter was one killed his big brother.

Edited by King Marth 64

20 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Speaking of Glenn, I do wonder if Eirika encounters Glenn would try to make Eirika fight Glenn instead of confronting him the truth about what really happened. That would possibly damage Glenn more and Valter definitely would kill Glenn more brutal after Eirika left and it might possibly make Cormag be iffy with being recruited into Eirika's party since Cormag finds out Valter was one killed his big brother.

In this case, Eirika' hypothetical sociopathy might hurt her. She was spared from Glen's wrath by her pure-hearted honesty. But this Eirika, even if she's honest about not killing Carcino's civilians, doesn't have any "innocence" schtick. I see this going one of two ways: Glen disbelieves Eirika and kills her, or he believes her, but Eirika then stabs him in the back. The first ends her quest prematurely, while the latter... well, she probably won't be recruiting Cormag anytime soon.