Three Hopes - Rate their Chances

Jeritza/Death Knight is a solid 6/10. He's a character that would be right at home in a Warriors game, but his stature as an antagonist and DLC character make his playable status far less likely.

Personal want is a 1/10. I don't like him or care for him at all. The only reasons he isn't' a 0 are that I don't like going that low and because I do want all previously playable characters to be playable here. 

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Linhardht, Sylvain, and Lysithea when?

Lysithea tomorrow, Sylvain the 25th, Linhardt the 31st.

I've been trying to space out big-ticket characters like Marianne, Lysithea, Dorothea, etc. rather than blowing them all at once, but I suppose I still have the Rhea card to throw out when engagement gets low.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Jeritza, as far as I'm concerned, is pretty much guaranteed. Given that his loyalty is to Edelgard, he is almost certainly going to be an ally, and if he isn't made playable in the main story campaign, he will undoubtedly be made playable as a bonus character.

Overall, 10/10.

For me, the real question is this: will he be playable as Jeritza, or as Death Knight?

I have a very difficult time guessing Jeritza's likelihood.

Unlike most other characters-who-were-playable-in-FE3H, there's a pretty decent chance he'll be in the game but not playable, the way Validar/Gharnef/Iago were in FEW1. He is more popular/sympathetic than them, but is still probably mostly thought of as an enemy, being only playable in one route, and only for the last ~third of said route. (And even on that route, he appears as a potential opponent on three occasions.)

I also think it's pretty unlikely he'll be playable if Mercedes does not appear in the game, though it's not impossible, if the game decides to expand on his connection to Edelgard. But no Mercedes would make me think they're just planning to use him as a throwaway antagonist.

I think 4/10 feels right. Being in the game in some form is probably around double that, but that's not what we're rating.

Personal want is 5/10 or so? He's... a potentially interesting character though at times a bit hard to take seriously. But I'm not sure how much Three Hopes would actually care about digging into the things that make him interesting, and I don't care about the boring edgy killer at the character's surface.

Hm...Story depending, Jeritza could be almost necessary to include, or easily passable. He's a good option for a villain-esque character, though.

I'll say 40%.

57 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Jeritza? 1/10. Why would he get in? He's just some random teacher who vanishes. Now that death knight fellow, HE'S more likely to get in.

I know this is a joke but Jeritza is literally playable in Crimson Flower.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Jeritza? 1/10. Why would he get in? He's just some random teacher who vanishes. Now that death knight fellow, HE'S more likely to get in.

Idk if I should even count this because it's framed as a joke and really skews the score down. I did count it. But ugh...

Anyway, Jeritza gets a 5.85/10.

Day 28 - Lysithea

10/10 likelihood. She's the first non-lord character to win CYL, and I can't see a universe in which she doesn't make it.

2/10 want. She's just a needlessly mean character in all of her pre timeskip supports, and it makes her unpleasant to deal with. I get the appeal of her, but I think I'll stick with Hubert for my dark magic needs.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Lysithea, easy 10/10 she is just to popular and hold a decent amount of importance with her connection to Edelgard.

Personal want is 9/10. I really like her but she is behind Marianne and Bernie for want. Ties with Constance.

95% for Lysithea and that's the highest score I'll give anyone who isn't already confirmed. She won CYL4 alongside the house leaders when many characters still weren't in FEH. She also has the dual crests thing giving her lore value. I can't imagine what logic would lead to Lysithea being left out.

P.S. If Lysithea's score ends up being lower than Marianne's Ima need to ask for whatever y'all are smoking.

Edited by Florete

Lysithea is easy. There is absolutely no way that she's left out. There isn't even a quarter of an iota of a chance that she doesn't make it in. Easy 10/10, quite possibly the most likely unconfirmed character.

Personal want is about a 7/10. She's an unpleasant jerk for no reason, but her backstory is one of the better ones in the game.

There is no conceivable universe, here or on the other side of the Dragon's Gate, in which Lysithea is not a playable character in Three Hopes. She's immensely popular, one of the best units in the game, and the only post-skip out-of-house recruit available. We've already seen Hubert, but I don't see KT holding themselves to one dark magic user. The only other obstacle would be Janice Kawaye not returning to the role for whatever reason, but they'd sooner recast Lysithea than go without her. She's a solid 10 out of 10.

Lysithea is extremely popular, she has serious plot significance in knowing a bit about the TWSITD from having been Edelgard's prototype, she's the most obvious choice for Gremory given her equal skill in both dark magic and white magic.

10/10.

As everyone else has said, Lysithea is the most likely unconfirmed character. She's extremely popular and the lords+Byleth conveniently don't occupy the magic-user role, so even in a version of the game which has extremely few playable characters (like 10-12? What's the lowest any modern Warriors game has?) she's basically a lock. Obviously she's not actually certain, but she's a rounding error away from being so; I'd rate her chances above 95% so to 10/10 she goes.

Personal want is 9/10. Lysithea has no patience for anyone's nonsense and I approve. She's also one of those great 3H characters whose actions, both good and bad, can be traced to a consistent worldview which is informed by her backstory.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

While not exactly modern the Berserk musou only has 11 playable characters.

Persona 5 Strikers technically has the fewest playable characters of any musou, but it's a quality over quantity thing (and represents the full roster of Persona 5 plus some).

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Persona 5 Strikers technically has the fewest playable characters of any musou, but it's a quality over quantity thing (and represents the full roster of Persona 5 plus some).

I am aware but it feels far more like an exception then anything to go in.

9 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I am aware but it feels far more like an exception then anything to go in.

Right. It's also... not a real musou.

Berserk musou has its own distinguishing factor, that being that it's self-published like Arslan was. It doesn't have the budget of a Hyrule, FE, or One Piece musou.

Lysithea is an easy 10/10 for me in both categories. This knowledgeable, adorable, little bringer of sweets and dark magic destruction has absolutely everything going for her, and I'm all for it. 

Plot relevance:  ✓

Compelling character: ✓

Crest/Signature Weapon: ✓✓

Popularity: Check and mate! ✓✓✓

An unfortunate 9/10 for Lysithea for the reasons stated above.

Personal want is 1/10. I'm one of the few people that really really dislikes Lysithea as a character. Her support with Ignatz is the worst and her other support conversations are either almost as bad or non offensive at best. Her backstory is not interesting enough to save her as a character. Basically the most overrated character in the history of FE and I pray that IS will not make more characters of her archetype in future games.

Edited by zuibangde