Three Hopes - Rate their Chances

Okay, so Byleth got a 10/10. Justifiably.

Bergliez gets a 1.5/10.

Claude's unnamed relative gets a 1.38.

Kostas, Cleoblulus, Hegemon, Gautier, Galatea, and Gloucester get a 1/10.

Tomas gets a 0.88.

And with that, we're done, unless they reveal more characters to rate in the trailers.

I think in a few years time, we'll do another one for a theoretical Fire Emblem Warriors: Ultimate. With the understanding that we'll rate entire factions of characters (ie: Greil Mercenaries, Dawn Brigade, Black Eagles) all at once.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think in a few years time, we'll do another one for a theoretical Fire Emblem Warriors: Ultimate. With the understanding that we'll rate entire factions of characters (ie: Greil Mercenaries, Dawn Brigade, Black Eagles) all at once.

Why wait? I can say right now that the odds of the Greil Mercenaries or Dawn Brigade appearing in a Warriors game are nil; the best we'll probably get is Ike and Micaiah as DLC.

23 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Why wait? I can say right now that the odds of the Greil Mercenaries or Dawn Brigade appearing in a Warriors game are nil; the best we'll probably get is Ike and Micaiah as DLC.

Why wait? Because it'll be more fun closer to be possible announcement date of such a game. And in practical terms, I think it's poor form to build up the next one before we even play this one.

Plus, four years of trying to near singlehandedly hype a sequel into existence on multiple social medias to get those exact characters, only to have to accept that they Age of Calamity'd it is... draining. I'm not doing that again. Not until closer to when we might expect it.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

22 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Why wait? Because it'll be more fun closer to be possible announcement date of such a game. And in practical terms, I think it's poor form to build up the next one before we even play this one.

Plus, four years of trying to near singlehandedly hype a sequel into existence on multiple social medias to get those exact characters, only to have to accept that they Age of Calamity'd it is... draining. I'm not doing that again. Not until closer to when we might expect it.

I was kind-of joking when I said "why wait?", but that is a very good answer.

You have my sympathies. Seriously; that does sound draining, and I sympathize.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, vanguard333 said:

I was kind-of joking when I said "why wait?", but that is a very good answer.

You have my sympathies. Seriously; that does sound draining, and I sympathize.

Well, it was pretty hard at first. After all, it basically does constitute, at the very least, a 4+ year reset of the sequel clock.

But ultimately, it's what we got, and I decided not to spite a game based on my 2nd (or possibly 3rd) favorite Fire Emblem just because it doesn't contain my 1st. As long as the quantity is there and I get my niche 3H favorites, it's still a better roster than one based entirely on what I would consider to be the worst Fire Emblems (Fates, SD, Gaiden) and a mid one. 

And then that second trailer really helped. It was an excellent trailer.

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Well, it's safe to say that all the Blue Lions are in the game, and it'll probably be safe to say that all the other students are in the game as well.

You know, that sleeve that we all thought was Felix’s dad was probably Felix as he is cosplaying his dad with his new outfit. 

27 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

You know, that sleeve that we all thought was Felix’s dad was probably Felix as he is cosplaying his dad with his new outfit. 

Viewing Trailer 2's scene with Dimitri's facial reaction would make a lot of sense here; Felix willing to offer his support despite everything that presumably still festers beneath the surface between these two would surely give Dimitri some sort of pause.

~~~

Oh, basically confirmed if the image pairing posted on Reddit is anything to go by:

Spoiler

hgqlkokc99z81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&ahe95sy0c99z81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by tipperthescales

I wonder then, now knowing all the students are essentially confirmed, what that implies for CoS playable units and NPCs.

We also know Monica is a thing for BE, so it will interesting to see if the other houses get extra units. 

I'm so dang happy that every Blue Lion is officially confirmed as playable. Mercedes and Ashe are two of my absolute favorite Three Houses characters, I'd have been so sad if they were excluded.

Now that we know all the Blue Lions are in...it's only a matter of time before they show Marianne and the rest of the Golden Deer, right?

As it stands Annette is the only one(excluding Shez) we have seen wielding multiple weapon types. We don’t know if it was a musou attack, a different class or anything else. What do we think this is?

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Congratulations to all lovers of niche characters (looking at you Etrurian Emperor). We're in the all students scenario at least.

Yes 😄 It seems Ignatz is a lock now. And now we just have to wait on Alois to get confirmed. 

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I had no idea anyone was predicting Felix's dad being playable because of a sleeve.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Now that we know all the Blue Lions are in...it's only a matter of time before they show Marianne and the rest of the Golden Deer, right?

Yep, as well as the Black Eagles.

Now that I think about it, it's a little weird that the advertising didn't start with the Black Eagles; when it came to showing off the different houses before the release of Three Houses, the advertising generally went in the order Black Eagles -> Blue Lions -> Golden Deer, yet, for Three Hopes, they've begun by showing off the Blue Lions first.

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

In some ways, it's more exciting this way. It's a chance to see Felix's softer, friendlier side and maybe actually see these two friends as real friends.

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I had no idea anyone was predicting Felix's dad being playable because of a sleeve.

Yep, as well as the Black Eagles.

Now that I think about it, it's a little weird that the advertising didn't start with the Black Eagles; when it came to showing off the different houses before the release of Three Houses, the advertising generally went in the order Black Eagles -> Blue Lions -> Golden Deer, yet, for Three Hopes, they've begun by showing off the Blue Lions first.

Well, the thing about 3H is that the BL could very much be seen as the "main" house because they are the ones with the most traditional role in the main conflict. But focusing the game's marketing on the BE was a brilliant move, because it formed an immediate and powerful connection to Edelgard, prepping the community to have their expectations subverted with an epic face-heel-turn.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, the thing about 3H is that the BL could very much be seen as the "main" house because they are the ones with the most traditional role in the main conflict. But focusing the game's marketing on the BE was a brilliant move, because it formed an immediate and powerful connection to Edelgard, prepping the community to have their expectations subverted with an epic face-heel-turn.

To some extend it does seem that way when you begin but as the game goes on it becomes apparent the Kingdom is really more akin to Daein or Etruria than your traditional noble starting kingdom. Meanwhile it becomes increasingly clear that Dimitri isn't much of a ''Marth'' even before he goes crazy.

But the Blions do seem like the main house in that the early game heavily props up Kingdom affairs over those of other countries. Your first stages are against Lonato and the Kingdom based western church, and after that you get to dabble in a succession dispute within a Kingdom house. It probably would have been better if those three chapters got replaced with missions focusing on the Rebellion of the 7 with the Beagles, or on Almyra if you went with the Deers. 

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I thought that at first too, but we know Monica is playable, so they might be saving BE for last since they'll be revealing a new character (and potentially more). Even the site still lists the houses in the traditional BE -> BL -> GD order, despite that only BL is filled out with its students.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I thought that at first too, but we know Monica is playable, so they might be saving BE for last since they'll be revealing a new character (and potentially more). Even the site still lists the houses in the traditional BE -> BL -> GD order, despite that only BL is filled out with its students.

Well, even if they do go by the profiles/skills daily tweets, class trailer on Friday thing that I'm 99% sure they're doing, Monica can just be dropped on a Friday and the next trailer shown on the same day, just like today with Shez.

17 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

Lysithea and Marianne have a big rate.

This was well before the Lions trailer as a fair number of us were concerned we wouldn't get the full student body.

I'm pretty sure their ratings are in part due to the FEH effect and in part due to how much of a fan favourite they are in the fandom itself.