• Dagr: New Year Jötnar
    • Thórr: War God
    • Eitri: Youthful Sage
    • Edelgard: Hegemon Husk
    • Azura: Hatari Duet
    • Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight
    • Byleth: The Fódlan Star

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2022 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on Team Leazura and I don't know what happened! How in the blazes did we tank Edgelord's 11th hour bonus!?

In case my avatar doesn't make it obvious, I'm saddened that Eitri lost as I don't yet have her, but everything else about this is aces. (Yes, I did in fact support Leazura just to make sure that Edgelord would stay the fuck out.)

Well, I'm disappointed, I still don't have Legendary Sigurd and he was the one unit of these I definitely wanted the most. But, I can't complain too much, I don't have Azura/Leanne, Corrin/Elise, Thorr, or Legendary Male Byleth, so I'm guaranteed to get a new unit regardless. I win so long as Fallen Edelgard was knocked out, and she was.

A little birdie told me something very interesting was happening in this banner, and they weren't lying. I don't even know any of these units with the possible exception of Edelgard, but even I can see how the dominos have fallen perfectly into place.

Was just going to run in and nab the free unit but gotta say there's an element of temptation to collect some quick orbs and go for the spark, but that'd require committing quite a few days to that task, hmm.

P.S. Feels like I'm being a jerk to some jerk above, but I'm glad that kid unit whoever she is didn't make it in.

Sounds like the big battle for most people was getting Hegemon out of the running for being on the banner, and the battle has been won.
That's cool, I was hoping she would get knocked out even if I wasn't directly supporting DuoAzura. Meanwhile Byleth made it through as well, so when combined with Ninja Corrin and Thorr the upcoming banner will be just peachy for Green

Whoever wins wins. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of this goes...

29 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

P.S. Feels like I'm being a jerk to some jerk above, but I'm glad that kid unit whoever she is didn't make it in.

Who, the little shit who caused the utter collapse of a country because science?
Yeah, don't think I'm gonna care about missing her this banner.

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Would you be surprised to learn that that “kid” (Eitri) is actually yet another “is really thousands of years old” type of character?

Though unlike Nowi or Nyx, this one prolonged her lifespan by switching into different bodies.

Ah, but naturally. And that smirk looks stupid. But I digress, I simply joined Azura because my inner pragmatist can't say no to a duo-dancer, even if I didn't recognise the other half of the duo by appearance.

Besides that, I'm just exploring the menus, tidying up my barracks (spent entirely too much time making combat manuals before I realised reserves are a thing now) and grabbing various freebies. Don't intend on seriously playing but I'm not going to turn down the dopamine hit of two free 5-stars and a bunch of free summons. And now just reading up on the whole Ascendant thing. That seems to be the biggest change of the past year? Well that and Summoner Duels but as soon as I saw the description I noped the hell out of there.

EDIT: Holy... just noticed that some sparks are conditional. That could have so, so easily gotten me.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Holy... just noticed that some sparks are conditional. That could have so, so easily gotten me.

Yeah a lot of banners offer sparks for Feh Pass players but not others.

I haven't checked the app yet, but it sounds like Dagr lost. Oh well. At least I can pick up Leanne and be done. Byleth may be good, too, but I'd rather save my orbs for seasonal units. Sure would've been nice to check Dagr off my list, but oh well.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah a lot of banners offer sparks for Feh Pass players but not others.

Yep, was doing my Hero Fest ticket summons which I did early, and saw the number tick up to 17 and was thinking to myself "ooh, maybe...". But fortunately perhaps I only had about 50 orbs so even if I wanted to do it, it'd have been later after I did some actual content for orbs, and in the meantime I ended up noticing when looking at one of the other banners with the same mechanic.

No loss in the end with the AHR banner being what it is, getting myself 100-odd orbs from now until the banner begins is hard work enough for the year. Well, for half the year, as I'm sure I'll be around for the CYL freebie too.

Anyway, it's been around a year of not playing seriously and it's kinda zen now, in that I have no desire to log in for the daily grind, but any negative feelings about the game have also been very much dulled with time. So I can come back, hang around for a few days as a nostalgia trip and to see what's new, take a quick gambling hit without consequence or fear of addiction, then leave again not feeling I'm missing out on stuff.

EDIT: That said, announce the next proper FE game already please Nintendo.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

That said, announce the next proper FE game already please Nintendo

What, you mean you don't want a FE game that A. will probably end with everyone being friends and the big baddie being super-duper dead and rainbows and unicorns and ice cream, B. is a Fodlan-based game, and C. is of course not even a proper FE game?

39 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What, you mean you don't want a FE game that A. will probably end with everyone being friends and the big baddie being super-duper dead and rainbows and unicorns and ice cream, B. is a Fodlan-based game, and C. is of course not even a proper FE game?

I'm stupid and bought Warriors, dropped it after, hmm, I think one hour is being generous.

Come to think of it, the only game I played seriously on the Switch for the entirety of last year was Fire n' Ice, a NES game. But I will at least buy Swii Sports this year so it won't be a total loss.

P.S. Bloody hell, Warriors was already almost five years ago? Almost the same age as FEH? Sheesh.

Azura + Leanne get the last multiplier, so Byleth's fate is officially sealed.

Meanwhile, F!Corrin + Elise have a ridiculously slight lead against Thorr with Same Hell in effect and should pull it out. Thorr could still pull a fast one and win, but the numbers aren't in her favor.

12 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I could use a cavalry dancer.

I... I had no idea they were even cavalry, I just looked at the portrait and assumed flier. I was just going to say I was happy with either Duo winning but this changes everything.

I didn't know the other duo were cavalry either. >.>

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I... I had no idea they were even cavalry, I just looked at the portrait and assumed flier. I was just going to say I was happy with either Duo winning but this changes everything.

I didn't know the other duo were cavalry either. >.>

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

They even both have dances, only difference is that one is a self-dance.

...funnily enough, I use DuoCorrin and HarmonicAzura on my ARO team, and frequently confuse the two of them, wondering why Corrin isn't dancing for Azura.

...as much as it would be weird for the DuoNinja unit to be the winner again, I'm going with Corrin on this one, now that Byleth is out.

Edited by Xenomata

Well time to move onto Team Azura after dancing around it after all this time. Technically I can skip summoning on the AHR banner if she wins. I guess everyone getting a free cavalier dancer isn't as toxic as it would have been, because of Safety Fence in AR, and I don't care about Summoner Duels that much.