Help editing a save file?

FinalCross

First post here, I'm sorry if this breaks any rules. My friend is playing FE6 for the first time, and he messed up and accidentally killed Zeiss instead of recruiting him, and because you need Zeiss to get 21x and Apocalypse, now he can't get the true ending. He's playing on his phone and doesn't have a computer, so he asked me to try to fix it on mine, but I can't figure it out. I've tried using Codebreaker codes with VBA to edit Apocalypse into his inventory, and even went as far as trying to mess with the hex codes to figure out if I could get it to work via that method. Is there something I'm doing wrong? What I did with the Codebreaker codes was load the game with the save file, and when on the prep screen, input the Enable code from the code menu, then input the code to place it into Roy's inventory. The codes I used were: 

00003CC7 000A
1009C180 0007
3202AB94 0042
3202AB95 0001

Please let me know if I'm making any sort of error with this, or if there's another, easier way (like hex values if I know exactly which values to change, and to what). I have no prior knowledge of how to use these codes and I'm kind of at my wits' end about this, so I thought I would post about it here and see if I could get some help. Thank you!

So idk anything about codes, so this might not be exactly what you want but I'll try anyway, this is better than nothing I guess...

In which map is your friend in? Did he go very far after Zeiss's joining chapter? Because if he didnt then he can go to a previous save file (like the last save file he had with Zeiss alive) and play from there (I just hope that he doesnt delete his previous save files...). I know its annoying to have to "rewind" your playthrough (I've been there, and since idk anything about codes I had to do it, its frustrating as hell I know but thats just life I guess...), but depending on which chapter he is in now it might be worth it, specially in the case of you only getting other anwers to this thread in a lot of hours/days, because if your friend didnt go too much further than Zeiss' chapter he should be able to redo what he "rewinded" in a few hours.

You know, I get that its not the best answer and Im pretty sure its not the answer you wanted for this, but just remind your friend that he has this option in case it takes too long to get a proper answer, spcecially if he is in a rush.

Good luck with this anyway.

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

In which map is your friend in? Did he go very far after Zeiss's joining chapter? Because if he didnt then he can go to a previous save file (like the last save file he had with Zeiss alive) and play from there (I just hope that he doesnt delete his previous save files...).

He’s in 17 in Ilia. I tried to tell him to do multiple save files, but he didn’t listen, and only has one. I’m going to see if I can find a UPS patch that removes the requirement for all the weapons to get the true ending so he can use that. Thanks anyway though.