Legendary Hero Battle - Caeda: Beloved Queen

Xenomata

From Mystery of the Emblem, the bride of the Hero-King herself is generally a dangerous foe to attack head-on, but especially so with Cavalry and Armored allies; watch out for Faithful Loyalty's Vantage effects, as well as the buff-stealing effect of Wing-Lifted Spear.
Caeda is known to use her charms to recruit many an enemy to the cause of her beloved. Just how many of the units under her command started under the command of someone else...?

Map (Infernal and higher)
PtDvpsVl.jpg?1

(header image and enemy details to come later)

Edited by Xenomata

Uh... I may need to keep Walhart on a leash moving forward, he's a little TOO good...

Wolf Berg continues to be an amazing weapon, shutting down so many enemies. I can't believe how fast he can be as well...
Nina was brought in to take on Caeda, and with the more open space permitted to her she was quite able to net many kills and keep a safe distance away, both from enemies and from her allies to keep ASsolo4 active.
HarmonicAzura was brought on for good movement range. I honestly forgot about her harmonic skill until the practice run of this map, which I think helped make this the quickest run of a map I've been able to do with animations on.
And featured this time is the debut of Adrift Camilla! Seriously, all it took was one refine and she became an absolute menace, though I'm sure the debuffing help she got from Walhart was appreciated as well.

Walhart has been the cover boy of all my most recent Abyssal clear videos. Maybe I should look into making some custom thumbnails just to give my other units some time in the spotlight...

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Caeda is known to use her charms to recruit many an enemy to the cause of her beloved. Just how many of the units under her command started under the command of someone else...?

This is so funny. Did you came up with it or is it an actual description somewhere in the game?

Anyway, I was on the train for an hour so got a lot of time to figure this out. Y!Merric really do a lot here, not only outspeeding Caeda but provides healing as well. Galeforce F!Kris is something I built for AR-O that hasn't found any success, yet. Y!Merric has Flashing Blade 3 as a seal because he was supposed to get hit by the cav staff, I forgot to move Hrid out of attack range, but it works out at the end.

Spoiler

@Xenomata That's a really fast and bulky Walhart, and a rare Nina, +10 no less.

Edited by MagicCanonBalls

I've been messing around with a new Save team with Valentine Lucina, Valentine Robin, Ash, and Nifl, and it's been working like a charm. the mobility that Lucina and Ash provide is pretty amazing, especially since Lucina can move Ash forward and capitalize on the change in position in the same turn. Robin providing healing for the entire team is also amazing. I might need to put a few more orbs into the Valentine banner for some more merges on Robin and Lucina; they're so good.

Caeda barely dents Lucina even with effective damage, and Lucina doubles her back for an easy kill. Ash and Robin can take care of the Near Save armor, letting Nifl remove the Armorsmasher before it can be a problem.

Is it just me or was this really easy? At least compated to some other Legendary hero battles recently. I just went in with my standing team on normal and moved on each time after beating it in one go. I normally don't bother with Abbysal but after clearing everything else in one go I figured Id give it a shot and promptly also cleared it on the first try.

5 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

This is so funny. Did you came up with it or is it an actual description somewhere in the game?

Nope, came up with it in the moment of typing up that little description.
The little speech bubble on the notification screen just mentions Caeda saving lives with the power of love, but we know it was more than love backing up Marth...

1 hour ago, Opdepov said:

Is it just me or was this really easy?

I can't believe Caeda doesn't have Iote's Shield. I was thinking there's no way they'll let you cheese with L!Leif.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Caeda barely dents Lucina even with effective damage, and Lucina doubles her back for an easy kill. Ash and Robin can take care of the Near Save armor, letting Nifl remove the Armorsmasher before it can be a problem.

I was wondering whose career that Armorsmasher was trying to end. Maybe Caeda should have worried more about not getting dunked on than deploying this clown.

Yeah Ninja F!Corrin, L!Leif, Brave Marianne, and Dancer + this map, you do the math.

Lugh's refine worked out pretty well on this map. He was the only one able to take care of Caeda while the other Araphen boys helped with the rest of the left side. I was surprised their newest babysitter was able to take down the entire right side on his own.

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @SatsumaFSoysoy @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11

Time to put my most recently investment in action:

@BoaFerox @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Some Jerk @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster

@Sasori Nice clear! Using Lugh's Luna to defeat Caeda was a smart move, and nice strat using the kids to deal with the left side while Hugh was in charge of the right side.

@Xenomata Nice way to finish the battle with Deadeye on Caeda. You have a pretty awesome team there. Everyone well built!

4 hours ago, LoneStar said:

I was wondering whose career that Armorsmasher was trying to end. Maybe Caeda should have worried more about not getting dunked on than deploying this clown.

It feels like they've been putting armor-effective weapons and Sweep units in these maps more regularly ever since the Save skills and Fallen Edelgard became a thing.

They typically prevent you from going full unga bunga, but they usually aren't too hard to play around.

Merrybilis gets to be lazy, as she prefers.

I was planning to do some shenanigans with Merrybilis's bulk and debuff dance, hence why Larum had Swap to give Whimsical Dream a retreating target. Instead it turned out that Larum, Silvia and Puddle were so efficient at murdering things that there was nothing for Merrybilis to tank, lmao.

This one was honestly pretty easy~

@Sasori - I figured I'd see Hugh on your squad. His voice lines are funny~ I also see you're a fellow Bone Carver enthusiast. It didn't seem like this map caused much trouble for the Orphans, even Caeda when down to a single nuke~

@Diovani Bressan - Pretty nice setup~ I wasn't expecting Caeda to almost kill Catria like that. She must have been quite jealous to see Marth on that side of the battlefield. 

@Some Jerk - The Far Trace on Mira, I'm jealous~ I actually have the fodder, just haven't brought myself to kill B!Shanna. Your dancers killed this map, pretty literally~ Silvia running through Caeda as easily as she did was surprising and impressive.

@Xenomata Wolf Berg certainly destroys Caeda's gimmick. First built Nina I've ever seen btw.

@Yggi I've seen mixed ratings on Jamke in terms of PvP modes, but he sure destroys in Abyssals.

@Sasori Ah, Hugh. Still waiting for that Nosferatu tome back I see. Nice one-shot on Caeda with help from Chad's chip damage.

@Diovani Bressan Petrine hitting Res definitely came in clutch for this. Most normal Galeforcers would have trouble taking that blue armor out.

@Some Jerk I was wondering if I was going to see Eldigan tanking Caeda or Azura just blasting her out of the sky, but nope, just a quad from Silvia, which is even more impressive honestly.

@Landmaster If you had Far Trace on Elise this might've been even easier since you could take advantage of Gravity more. Caeda loses to Razzle Dazzle, as expected.

Since she kills cavs, might as well go all cav.

@Diovani Bressan Bridal Catria working with Marth to kill Queen Caeda- how suspicious! Looked like an easy clear for you.

@Some Jerk I kept thinking you were going to blast Caeda with Azura. Silvia continues to impress. The Larum forma seems to be strong as well.

@Landmaster It wasn't too hard with the Elise team 🙂 Hardy Bearing was not something I considered because I almost never use that seal. Bone Carver seems to be a good dagger, but I have not given it to Spring Palla yet.

Too tired to do much these days, so I'll just have one clear. The Fates royals are still going strong! I'm still trying to get more merges on Ryoma. I just need to wait for the rerun

Edit: Never mind, here's the team clear with the cheating unit. I got her to +10 from Hero Fest, so might as well show her off. I wasn't in the mood to spend too much time on this clear, so you'll just have to look at the cheating 😛 

Edited by GuiltyLove

@Sasori Wow Hugh's strong! He's got so many in combat buffs every match even when he's all on his own. Nice to see Lugh's refine in action as well, I thought of you when I saw he got one. Good use of Ruse support too. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan +10 Bride Catria! Incredible unit you have there. Smart use of Petrine and Triandra's Guard effect to break through that Save armor, that's definitely the real boss of the map when you're trying to one turn it. Nice clear!

@Some Jerk Great dancer clear! Was wondering how you would get Caeda at the end, but then Silvia really just went and did it, color disadvantage and all. She never ceases to amaze!

@Landmaster Nice work, seems the Elises had no trouble with this. Summer Elise denied Caeda all her fun with Hardy Bearing. Mirabilis could have her Far Trace soon too without Bride Shanna having to die, since she's among the new set of Divine Codes manuals we're getting!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Disrespecting the cav killer by using all cavs, I can respect it. Very nice units, Cecilia is so useful despite her age. Good example of a Refine granting exactly the things needed to carve a niche.

@GuiltyLove Nice clears! Adrift Camilla's new refine is nice to see in action, it's a very nice boost for her. Haven't gotten around to giving it to her myself, but I might once I have enough dew again. And congrats on +10 Bride Catria! Definitely justified to give her a spin here. The Whitewings feel like they are truly at their strongest with her around, even Minerva being able to do the Triangle Attack.

When I saw the Lance Armor preventing Armor effectiveness and being immune to debuffs I was ready for a bad time, but then it turned out I didn't need to try very much at all before Tana just broke through. This is the exact kind of scenario I made sure to pick up the Ninja Naginata for last year, so nice to see it come in handy here. For the guest slot I brought Tsubasa with Mirage Caeda, I like how this Legendary version of Caeda has pauldrons that are slightly reminiscent of the ones on Mirage Caeda.

@Diovani Bressan: Oh wow. +10 Bridal catria. Thats really cool...i'm not entirely sure how her weapon works since I only saw Marth quad, but I like how she took down Caeda with 1 hp left.

@Landmaster Hugh was lucky I was close to sparking after getting my Niime. But I did think he was a good fit. So was that bone carver and its duel phase +atk and speed. Nice clear with the Elise squad too. Caeda kept getting confused where to go and ended up all alone.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Cool. A all new team I believe. Cecilia is always a welcome sight and with all those flyers/blue units/colourless units she had a field day. Eirika and Laeghjarn where just super powerhouses in general.

@BoaFerox Many people where a bit Lughwarm on the refine, but for me Lugh's refine worked out pretty nicely. 

Nice flying clear too. It wasn't Caeda that took down Caeda but little Tana had quite a bit of power behind her. Both surviving that Caeda hit quite comfertably and one rounding her.

32 minutes ago, Sasori said:

...i'm not entirely sure how her weapon works since I only saw Marth quad...

At start of turn, if Catria is within 2 spaces of an ally she grants to those allies and herself the 8akgS8g.pngTriangle Attack status effect.

To trigger the attack twice (quad attack), the unit with 8akgS8g.pngTriangle Attack has to be within 2 spaces of at least 2 others allies that also have 8akgS8g.pngTriangle Attack effect.

Catria didn't quad because she was only within 2 spaces of Petrine. Marth, however, was within 2 spaces of Catria and Triandra, which met the requirement to trigger the quad attack.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, BoaFerox said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Disrespecting the cav killer by using all cavs, I can respect it. Very nice units, Cecilia is so useful despite her age. Good example of a Refine granting exactly the things needed to carve a niche.

Cecilia is still handy at times for me.

Huh, Slaying Lance Tsubasa. Whatever works works, I guess.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:49 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Cool. A all new team I believe. Cecilia is always a welcome sight and with all those flyers/blue units/colourless units she had a field day. Eirika and Laeghjarn where just super powerhouses in general.

I've used Laegjarn in a clear before, but otherwise I don't think I've used the others, yeah. At least in recorded ones.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

On 3/7/2022 at 6:20 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, Slaying Lance Tsubasa. Whatever works works, I guess.

She can thank the recent Resplendent Lukas copy I got for that lance lol.
And yeah, she kinda needs it to Galeforce effectively because her normal weapon doesn't have special cooldown -1 and it also makes her do both of her hits before her opponent, meaning there's no way to charge Galeforce in one combat even with Heavy Blade. I really hope they give her special cooldown -1 if she gets refined one day, like how Ayra and Leif got, because it's the thing she needs the most. Right now she's kinda like Pirate Tibarn but without the cooldown -1 so she doesn't use the Dive Bomb effect she has as effectively.

• 2 weeks later...

Super late on some of these replies, sorry about that! Always seem to get off track~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Very brave to go all Cav on this one. No better counter than HB Cecilia to stop Caeda from causing trouble. L!Eirika is a whole lot better now with her Remix~

@GuiltyLove - Wasn't expecting Caeda to be such a threat at the end there considering how easily the rest of the map went down~ With the Camilla refines, they were able to get rid of her fairly easily, though.

Nice +10 cheating unit, congrats! No sense in not using her to her fullest. With all those quads, this map went down a lot easier than the first flying team. Baby Minerva can still hold her own against a physical blue threats like Caeda~

@BoaFerox - Hoping to grab that Shanna to give Far Trace to Mira as soon as I can~

Another nice clear for the Tanas. Baby Tana always impresses when she's able to take a Special retaliation without an Impact. I love how Summer Tana comes all kitted out but is only really here for her Prf a lot of the time. One day she'll return to the spotlight. IS needs to give ranged fliers more toys.

• 2 months later...

I spent 498 orbs for two Lilith merges and now I'm nearly out of orbs. Someone, please share my pain.

I was bored in unit builder one day and thought, "What if I made OG Lilith a tank due to her high stats?". I wanted to get her to +10, but my luck was terrible on the Reposition banner. I got to 4.75% multiple times and even hit 5%.

I'll max merge her one day!