Just started fe8. what units should i go for?

3 hours ago, lasagnacat said:

Yeah I'll probably do something like that a chapter or 2 before the final one. either that or have a separate save before i finish it to do after I beat the main campaign. 

No need for the separate save - SacSto has an official post game. Once you've beaten the final map, you can go into the "creature campaign", which is basically just the map battles (including one new map with particularly strong enemies), the Tower of Valni, and the Lagdou Ruins, which you can actually only access after beating the main game. You do keep your characters for this, too.

If you're not grinding for XP, I'd even recommend holding off on exploring the Tower until you're in the creature campaign. There's a handful of characters rewarded for reaching certain floors of the tower (and the ruins), but only if you do so during creature campaign.

Just now, pong said:

No need for the separate save - SacSto has an official post game. Once you've beaten the final map, you can go into the "creature campaign", which is basically just the map battles (including one new map with particularly strong enemies), the Tower of Valni, and the Lagdou Ruins, which you can actually only access after beating the main game. You do keep your characters for this, too.

If you're not grinding for XP, I'd even recommend holding off on exploring the Tower until you're in the creature campaign. There's a handful of characters rewarded for reaching certain floors of the tower (and the ruins), but only if you do so during creature campaign.

Ooooooh so thats what the creature campaign is. I've heard of it before but didnt know how to access it. Thanks for the info.

18 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Congratulations! Are you planning to try the Creature Campaign, or moving on to another game?

I'll probably go back to the creature campaign at a later date but i plan on waiting a few months and then picking up shadow dragon and the blade of light on the switch and doing that for the first time.

31 minutes ago, lasagnacat said:

I'll probably go back to the creature campaign at a later date but i plan on waiting a few months and then picking up shadow dragon and the blade of light on the switch and doing that for the first time.

Okay. Remember this: Bishops break Creature campaign, as pretty much everything you see is monsters. Anyway, you DID download it during the limited time period it was on sale for, didn't you..?

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Okay. Remember this: Bishops break Creature campaign, as pretty much everything you see is monsters. Anyway, you DID download it during the limited time period it was on sale for, didn't you..?

alright i'll remember that. Also yeah I've had it downloaded since day 1 but have only played a few levels.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on beating SS!

For a second playthrough, since I think I read that you did Ephraim's route, I highly suggest doing a ladies-only run. It's a blast on SS and you can do Eirika's route and not have to worry about a force-deployed male lord (with a couple minor exceptions).

Be aware: if you're doing ladies only, you have to be careful when you pick up Tethys to keep Gerik and Innes alive for the remainder of the map. I was too quick killing them off and Tethys left me after the map was done 😞