Castle Invasion 3 (Birthright) - why is my number of player units restricted to 6?

emazur

According to the below I should get 10 and I looked at Youtube to confirm that but see my pictures below - can only choose 6

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/My_Castle/Invasion_3_(Birthright)

And before that it was limited to 7 units (which I thought was normal and I think I had the same number for Invasion 1 & 2) - I lost the battle the first time with a random & haphazard layout and after spending 90 minutes figuring out a hopefully better layout I noticed the number dropped to 6 which clued me in that something was definitely wrong. So I tried demolishing 1/3 to 1/2 of the buildings and got rid of the 3 puppets to see what would happen and actually that drops the available units down to only 4 (I didn't take pictures of that). So what's going on here?

WIN_20220301_20_37_39_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220301_20_38_18_Pro.jpg

The place where player units can start is based on the buildings (ususally it is their entrance...), I am guessing you have accidentally blocked too many of the places where your units could start. I suspect simply rotating some of those buildings would end up solving your problem (or rearranging them to have more space around them).

Thanks - I didn't know unit placement was determined by buildings (I just went back and checked #33 and #34 of the in-game tutorial - it is mentioned in there but easy to miss. Really the building placement should be merged with the battle prep screen for invasions. And I had no idea buildings are rotatable and didn't see that mentioned in the tutorial)