Special Heroes: Hop-and-go-Seek

Xenomata

Just now, Othin said:

It's how effects like Surge Sparrow all work.

Yeah, now I know. I never really paid attention to Surges that much since they do not gel as well with my preferred play style. And when I do use them, they generally heal my units back to full HP (or near full), so I never felt the need to break down the math any further.

In this case though, I pay more attention to the math behind stat boosts (for stat comparison purposes, and to get a feel of the overall power level of new units), and having that Spd+6 right next Atk+4 just makes it feel stingy, and finding out that the Atk bonus is based off of unit's count just makes it feel worse.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, now I know. I never really paid attention to Surges that much since they do not gel as well with my preferred play style. And when I do use them, they generally heal my units back to full HP (or near full), so I never felt the need to break down the math any further.

In this case though, I pay more attention to the math behind stat boosts (for stat comparison purposes, and to get a feel of the overall power level of new units), and having that Spd+6 right next Atk+4 just makes it feel stingy, and finding out that the Atk bonus is based off of unit's count just makes it feel worse.

It does seem aesthetically weird compared to +5/5.

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

w1bad41e5xl81.png

Sonya & Tharja
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Spd/Res Hold requires Spd/Res Rein 3 as a prerequisite.

Henry
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd
*Atk/Def Ruse 3 is the 4* unlock, and Rally Def/Res+ is 5* locked.

Maria
Super Asset(s): HP, Def
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Flow Flight is exclusive to sword, lance and axe fliers.

Delthea
Super Asset(s): HP, Spd
Super Flaws(s): Atk, Def, Res

Luthier
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
*Atk/Def Snag 3 is the 4* unlock.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

w1bad41e5xl81.png

Sonya & Tharja
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Def
*Spd/Res Hold requires Spd/Res Rein 3 as a prerequisite.

Henry
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd
*Atk/Def Ruse 3 is the 4* unlock, and Rally Def/Res+ is 5* locked.

Maria
Super Asset(s): HP, Def
Super Flaw(s): Res
*Flow Flight is exclusive to sword, lance and axe fliers.

Delthea
Super Asset(s): HP, Spd
Super Flaws(s): Atk, Def, Res

Luthier
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
*Atk/Def Snag 3 is the 4* unlock.

Kind of bugs me that Maria: Sunny Smile could have been min-maxed a little more to dump a bit more Res for a bit more Atk. Everyone else is pretty decent, given the circumstances. She is a tank buster, and she needs as much damage as she can get since she lacks effective damage. I think Jill is the best and only one that wants Flow Flight now that I think about it. Everyone else either does not have enough Spd/Def and/or Desperation/Brave effect on the Weapon to make running it worth it.

Given previous representation, Henry: Peculiar Egg is fine, but it would be a bit more ideal to swap that Atk and Def, and it would also help if Res is dumped a bit more for a little extra Spd.

Stats response:

Spoiler

Sonya and Delthea are unsurprising.

Henry got very close to my ideal 40/40/30/40/20. His Atk is good enough, and his Spd is certainly salvageable for PvE. I wish they could have taken 3 points out of Res to put into Spd, but that's not too much of an issue. Not an amazing unit, but you can make him work.

Maria seems fine. I'm not sure if I want to go maximum Atk/Def for wall breaking or invest in Spd for general use. She'll hit like a truck with only Atk/Def investment, but that leaves her vulnerable to Valentine Lucina and other fast tanks. Meanwhile, investing in Atk/Spd makes it harder to get mileage out of Flow Flight, as she'll only have 54 effective Def for the purpose of comparison at +10+5 (45 with +10+5, 5 from her weapon, and 4 from Spd/Def Rein 3).

Luthier is faster than expected, but not really fast enough for my liking. Still gets good Atk from his weapon, though, so it isn't all bad.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

It's literally a minimum of +7/6 just for having a Special at all and gives an additional +3 Atk for every point of Special cooldown higher than Moonbow/Glimmer/Ruptured Sky.

"I want it to use the original cooldown" is functionally indistinguishable to saying "I want an additional +3 Atk", which is a pointless ask that you can apply to anything.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Kind of bugs me that Maria: Sunny Smile could have been min-maxed a little more to dump a bit more Res for a bit more Atk. Everyone else is pretty decent, given the circumstances. She is a tank buster, and she needs as much damage as she can get since she lacks effective damage. I think Jill is the best and only one that wants Flow Flight now that I think about it. Everyone else either does not have enough Spd/Def and/or Desperation/Brave effect on the Weapon to make running it worth it.

Spoiler

She gets +5 Atk/Def/Res directly from her weapon's obligatory stat effect, and with no Def investment at all gets another +9 effective Atk/Def/Res from her weapon's additional effect (where the damage ignores Def). And she heals 7 HP after combat.

At neutral with no merges, Dragonflowers, or passive skills, she already has 92 physical bulk, which goes up to 103 physical bulk with merges and Dragonflowers. I don't think her bulk is a problem for dropping a defensive B skill.

At neutral with Flow Flight's maximum effect, she has 74 effective Atk with no merges, Dragonflowers, or other passive skills, 16 of which ignores Def. With merges and Dragonflowers, that goes up to 80 effective Atk with 17 ignoring Def.

If you give her Sturdy Impact, Atk/Def Rein 3, and Atk/Def Solo 3, she hits an effective 99 Atk (20 ignoring Def) and 123 physical bulk at +10+5 with a non-Atk/Def Asset. She'll have 70 Def for Flow Flight to work off of.

My gosh that last chapter part's opener was chaotic.

Spoiler

Sonya: Let's charm everyone!

Tharja: Hop hop?

Delthea: But I WANT to be an inconvenient brat! RAWR, you're so UNFAIR!!

Luthier: Stop making it hard to look out for you and make sure you don't cause other people trouble!! RAWR!

Henry: Tee hee! Ah, the chaos!

Maria: Waaaaaaaaaa!

But yeah, I really hope we do get Bunny Michalis next year! Man, I can just imagine Minerva, Maria, and the Whitewings showing up inexplicably in bunny outfits and charging a very confused Michalis, dragging him over to a changing room and forcing him to wear a costume without any explanation. XD Minerva might be all "accept your punishment!" and Maria might be all "I'm so happy!" making the poor guy even more confused. XD I'll just headcanon this since I doubt we'll get to see whatever manages to get the guy into a bunny costume.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:17 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, there went my hopes of seeing a Sonya and Genny duo...

Also lol at needing a second "page"... sheesh...

On 3/5/2022 at 10:29 PM, Use the Falchion said:

I'm happy Tharja finally got a Harmonic, but I'm a little sad it was with Sonya. That being said, the ones I wanted her to have a Harmonic with most were Azura and Dorothea, and they are both taken. This is better than nothing, I guess. 

At first I liked Harmonic Sonya and Tharja, until I realized that means my dream of a Tharja and Faye Harmonic will never happen. 😔 I particularly love the idea of them as witches for a Harvest Festival alt, and Faye is Tharja’s “apprentice.”

Also, I’m disappointed by the lack of Panne. It would be hilarious to see her on a Spring Festival banner. Maybe next year. I imagine she’d be bewildered by the festival, if not a little insulted or flattered.

Speaking of character sets, Spring Peri would have been nice, since we have Spring Xander and Laslow/Inigo. The attire would be an excellent look on her. Although I’d rather see Peri have a Harvest Festival alt. Some time ago, I came up with an in-depth hypothetical idea for that.

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/95383-create-a-hero-revival-thread/page/2/#comments

I like Maria’s alt, but otherwise I’m disappointed with this banner.

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

That's fancy. That's real fancy.

For anyone who doesn't understand what's happening, Maria's weapon's damage reduction effect is the same mechanic as the 5 damage reduction from Shield Pulse or Hardy Fighter, meaning it's applied after percentage damage reduction.

Maria at +0+0 neutral with just her base kit already reduces damage by 11. A +10+5 Maria with a Def Asset and +38 Def in combat has 91 Def and reduces damage by 18.

10 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Speaking of character sets, Spring Peri would have been nice, since we have Spring Xander and Laslow/Inigo. The attire would be an excellent look on her. Although I’d rather see Peri have a Harvest Festival alt. Some time ago, I came up with an in-depth hypothetical idea for that.

Peri and Henry would have made a terrifyingly hilarious combination!