The very necessary Lucia thread

Long hair or short hair?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Long hair or short hair?

Is "yes" a valid answer? I like both of them. I'll say short, because she takes something that was done to her, but makes it her own and rocks that look too. (At least, that's how I interpret it; the game's actual text has shockingly little to say on the subject.)

short for practical in terms of battle, long for aesthetic.

Edit: actually just pick long and then tie it, either ponytail or something. thats much better. best of both worlds

Edited by joevar

10 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

We've already talked about this.

I've made my peace. The rest of you heretics can keep your poor ways.

This is not about women, this is about Lucia! A much more specific direct and pertinent question.

I tried to edit a bald Lucia for a third option, but it was beyond my skills. So here's short haired Celica instead.

JiTw6jO.png

Edited by Jotari

Long hair good!

Short hair better!

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

I tried to edit a bald Lucia for a third option, but it was beyond my skills. So here's short haired Celica instead.

It looks like she's missing the back third of her head. Which... might explain some of the choices she makes in-canon. Very cute outside of that!

32 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Long hair good!

Short hair better!

It looks like she's missing the back third of her head. Which... might explain some of the choices she makes in-canon. Very cute outside of that!

That's a combination of not wanting her to retain the hair band and also not being able to leave well enough alone when trying to even things out.

Does it matter? -But then, I'm probably not the best person to give their opinion on this topic.

The primary issue with short-haired Lucia is that the cut is rough, which contextually makes perfect sense. However, when it comes to comparing to the two trims and their relative closenesses to the Ideal Beauty Ratio or what have you, the roughness of the short cut hands long-haired Lucia a serious advantage. There is something appealing in beauty that is not overly manicured, I get that, yet, I think Lucia should grow her hair out a little more, and then have a stylist trim it back to a smoother finish. Not that she needs to if she doesn't want to change it, Lucia is one tough cookie, and her hairstyle is her choice.

I'm not saying long > short. All I'm saying short is at one kind of a disadvantage.

22 hours ago, lenticular said:

Is "yes" a valid answer? I like both of them. I'll say short, because she takes something that was done to her, but makes it her own and rocks that look too. (At least, that's how I interpret it; the game's actual text has shockingly little to say on the subject.)

You're right. Lucia does very little after part 2. To the extent that had she died at the end of part 2 not a whole lot would have actually changed. Lucia's death would have affected Elincia more as a character than Lucia herself, which is a bit sad. Though, coming to think of it, it actually might not have been the worst thing for Elincia's character had Lucia died at the end of Part 2 as she is also a bit flat afterwards. But then we'd lose Ike's big entrance and that would be a bit of a shame.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

This is not about women, this is about Lucia! A much more specific direct and pertinent question.

Lucia is a woman.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Look at this chick. Look at the top of her head.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Long hair good!

Short hair better!

Yes. Yes! One of us! One of us!

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The primary issue with short-haired Lucia is that the cut is rough, which contextually makes perfect sense. However, when it comes to comparing to the two trims and their relative closenesses to the Ideal Beauty Ratio or what have you, the roughness of the short cut hands long-haired Lucia a serious advantage.

Wrong.

Wrong!

You are incomprehensibly wrong. Rough cut good.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

You're right. Lucia does very little after part 2. To the extent that had she died at the end of part 2 not a whole lot would have actually changed. Lucia's death would have affected Elincia more as a character than Lucia herself, which is a bit sad. Though, coming to think of it, it actually might not have been the worst thing for Elincia's character had Lucia died at the end of Part 2 as she is also a bit flat afterwards. But then we'd lose Ike's big entrance and that would be a bit of a shame.

Oh God, I got reminded of that fanfic... that fanfic...

I forgot its name to link it up (and I don't really want to look it up again), but it's basically what Jotari posted. A fanfic about Lucia dying and how it impacts Elincia in the aftermath. Suffice to say...

Spoiler

She effectively becomes a tyrant but ultimately brings back peace to the continent preventing the events of RD Part 4 from happening.

The author didn't agreed with Jotari there.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Suffice to say...

Sic semper tyrannis.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I fail to see how that has any relevance.

Oh for Pete's sake-!

We have already talked about the best length of hair for women. Lucia is a woman, an instance of the category of women. Ergo we have discussed the best length of hair for Lucia.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Oh for Pete's sake-!

We have already talked about the best length of hair for women. Lucia is a woman, an instance of the category of women. Ergo we have discussed the best length of hair for Lucia.

Lucia is an individual, not a representation of a collective. 😛

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...