How I imagine a Fire Emblem 4 remake

JungleGoutte01

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It explains at least why it's Major, not Minor. Why Daínn is truly the mystery here.

Lean into it I say, give her minor Dainn blood in the remake and have her back story have some kind of vague connection between Miletos and Thracia. Thracia and Areone look lonely on the family tree being only related to each other 😞

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maios, not Musar.

Perhaps. It does explain why some enemy units do lack Holy Blood inexplicably. Like Ishtore and Ishtar not having minor Fjalar, or Scipio lacking minor Ullír.

But then we have the FK trio with minor Forseti which does nothing for them seemingly, so...

Simply a small mistake.

The Falcon Knight trio, like Musar, are complete units. Scipio lacking minor ulir is very likely an error as he is a complete unit and in that same segment of that same chapter, Hilda has major dain blood.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

No, it's just headcanon, or deduction born from Kaga's notes. He specifies that Hezul had "many children" and that it was his youngest daughter. It seems more than possible of his "many children" some of them were born before the events of Darna, and it handily explains how his royal lineage doesn't have any history of holy blood. It's not confirmed but it is a good explanation.

Ah, but Kaga's words in that interview seemed to indicate that the younger daughter inheriting the full mark was a surprise, so I think it'd make sense if it was his children after the crusade and Miracle of Daarna.

Did my explanation on why so many Bosses are Barons, check out for you? I also remembered even Sage doesn't get A rank magic and both of Lewyn's uncle use Tornado. So if either wanted to use Tornado, they'd have to have Holy Blood or be a Baron, Dark Bishop, or Master Knight.

For why so few enemy Master Knights, I also noticed that cavalry units never guard castles in FE4, this is possibly a remnant of dismounting?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

24 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Simply a small mistake.

The Falcon Knight trio, like Musar, are complete units. Scipio lacking minor ulir is very likely an error as he is a complete unit and in that same segment of that same chapter, Hilda has major dain blood.

Ah, but Kaga's words in that interview seemed to indicate that the younger daughter inheriting the full mark was a surprise, so I think it'd make sense if it was his children after the crusade and Miracle of Daarna.

Did my explanation on why so many Bosses are Barons, check out for you? I also remembered even Sage doesn't get A rank magic and both of Lewyn's uncle use Tornado. So if either wanted to use Tornado, they'd have to have Holy Blood or be a Baron, Dark Bishop, or Master Knight.

For why so few enemy Master Knights, I also noticed that cavalry units never guard castles in FE4, this is possibly a remnant of dismounting?

How are the deadlords coded? They have holy blood (well some of them), but they don't even have portraits.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

How are the deadlords coded? They have holy blood (well some of them), but they don't even have portraits.

Since they're meant to be unique enemies, I'd figure they have their unique unit slots in the data only used by them respectively.

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They're full units, just with generic portraits. Besides the holy blood, they also have personal skills.

Incidentally Ovis/Acht and Elf/Canis use the only generic portraits for Sage and Light Priestess respectively.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

So anyone have any thoughts on the Baron info as well as FE4's minor bosses and generic enemies having different mechanics?

Do you think people like Chagall and Lewyn's Uncles will get holy blood in the remake?

I think they will get minor holy blood, class change and some additional skill and stats in the remake.

Just think of it, until Chapter 5, the end of Gen 1, units with holy blood are Andrey, Reptor, Langbart and Trabant (except Eltoshan, he is special case), and if you see their stats, it's just the same stats with  generic enemies and no extra personal skill, they are just generic enemies with extra holy blood.

So I think that at this stage of the game development process, the holy characters were invented. The Alvis character in prologue was coded after this, that's why his ID is after those bosses.
There are unused Reptor (Bloom's portrait), Alvis (Mage Fighter class) and Langbart units, which are all generic (no holy blood).

And starting from this point, many bosses in Gen 2 have a few tweaks in stats and skills, instead of being generic with holy blood.

Chagall and Lewyn's Uncles, they are Barons just because it is the only class can use Rank A magic, well, before the programmers invented minor blood can boost weapon rank.

Edited:

Well, not really unused units, the generic Reptor and Langbart appear at the end of Chapter 3.

196-Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_(J)_

Edited by Tetragrammaton

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Portrait_coulter_fe04.png

RTX Off

Portrait_coulter_fe05.png

RTX On

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  • During Chapter 10, Levin appeared as a physical unit on the map. Talking to him with his son netted the player the Holsety tome (presumably it wasn’t an automatic pass-down).

For people thinking Forseti-on-Chapter-6 is OP and should be changed, this can be a good compromise.

Interesting parallel, since Lewyn can talk to a few of his potential daughters (Tine, Fee, Lene) in that chapter, through Seliph.

I wonder, how might other legendary weapons be handled? Ares starting with Mystletainn makes sense, even if it's seriously overpowered. The "big brain play" might be to have Lachesis acquire Mystletainn upon visiting Castle Silvail, then have her pass it down to Nanna. Neither of them can use it, but when Nanna meets Ares, they would have a conversation where she gives him the sword. Of course, what if you got Jeanne instead? Would she give away Mystletainn, or would Ares have to go Gen 2 without it? That would suck.

We know Brigid survives Belhalla (at least per Thracia 776 canon), so passing on the Yewfelle directly seems fine. Alternatively, maybe Febail could acquire it by visiting Fiana in chapter 8 (I think it's the more southern village by the coast in chapter 8?). Dagdar, or maybe Brigid herself, could give it to him. If I recall, that village normally gives the Thief Band, but that prize could be moved to the next village up (Iz? Ys?).

As for the Valkyrie Staff, the only place that really makes sense to get it is Edda Castle in the Endgame. That wouldn't give you much time with it, but given its high cost to repair, it's hard to use more than once anyway.

Otherwise, I think the Holy Weapons are pretty well-integrated narratively. Seliph having to hunt down Pallmark for Tyrfing, or Altenna starting with the Gae Bolg because that's why Travant kidnapped her to begin with. Patty straight-up robbing the Aed Shrine for Balmung, and needing to kill Manfroy to get the Book of Naga If Areone becomes playable in the remake (rather than a green unit), then we get Gungnir, too.

It should be noted that the Prototype information is currently unconfirmed. Still, the notes themselves can still be discussed for their potentiality nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Really the question is why a complete nobody like Ovo gets to have a unique portrait, whilst people like Musar have no portrait. Ovo should be Zyne/Harold and Musar should have Ovo's portrait. Similar applies to Macbeth, that'd fit Bramsel or Daccar so much more.

I think Ovo was supposed to be Reinhardt or the other way around.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I wonder, how might other legendary weapons be handled? Ares starting with Mystletainn makes sense, even if it's seriously overpowered. The "big brain play" might be to have Lachesis acquire Mystletainn upon visiting Castle Silvail, then have her pass it down to Nanna. Neither of them can use it, but when Nanna meets Ares, they would have a conversation where she gives him the sword. Of course, what if you got Jeanne instead? Would she give away Mystletainn, or would Ares have to go Gen 2 without it? That would suck.

Since the general implication is that Eldigan's wife got her hands on the Mystletainn before fleeing to Munster with Ares, I feel that should stay. Heck, with Mystletainn in hand, it's likely why he ended up adopted by Jabarro and become an excelling mercenary at Darna.

Also, since Jeanne is the daughter of a Cross Knight, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to think on a way to have the weapon end up in her hands... though if anything, it would be in Tristan's, holding on to it until the day he could give it to his rightful owner, feeling it his duty as the son of a Cross Knight.

On that subject, I'm surprised neither had a talk convo with Ares, on the fact the latter's father was the liege of the former pair's. That should be something a hypothetical remake should rectify, and would help to flesh out those two Substitutes.

We know Brigid survives Belhalla (at least per Thracia 776 canon), so passing on the Yewfelle directly seems fine. Alternatively, maybe Febail could acquire it by visiting Fiana in chapter 8 (I think it's the more southern village by the coast in chapter 8?). Dagdar, or maybe Brigid herself, could give it to him. If I recall, that village normally gives the Thief Band, but that prize could be moved to the next village up (Iz? Ys?).

I feel Yewfelle should already be out of Briggid's hands, otherwise considering the power of the weapons, I feel Eyvel would remember who she was if she held it. At least it feels like the sort of thing that could be plausible.

As for the Valkyrie Staff, the only place that really makes sense to get it is Edda Castle in the Endgame. That wouldn't give you much time with it, but given its high cost to repair, it's hard to use more than once anyway.

Considering Claude knows what will happen at Berhara, I feel him handing over the staff for his son to keep before walking to his doom feels plausible already.

Otherwise, I think the Holy Weapons are pretty well-integrated narratively. Seliph having to hunt down Pallmark for Tyrfing, or Altenna starting with the Gae Bolg because that's why Travant kidnapped her to begin with. Patty straight-up robbing the Aed Shrine for Balmung, and needing to kill Manfroy to get the Book of Naga If Areone becomes playable in the remake (rather than a green unit), then we get Gungnir, too.

Honestly, I share the sentiment. Specially when you consider they're all the Holy Weapons that aren't handed down through gameplay inheritance anyway, and the owners are basically the non-children units of Gen 2, barring Altenna, and Seliph technically.

---

As it is, for the passed down weapons, I feel it's already explained well in the game itself. The Chapter 5 talk and lover convos have quite a few consisting of "You better not come, go back with the child(ren) to X place to be safe", so them having the stuff of their parents feels already sensible. Specially for those whose children would yet to be born, so the fathers have to survive...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

RTX Off

RTX On

Interesting parallel, since Lewyn can talk to a few of his potential daughters (Tine, Fee, Lene) in that chapter, through Seliph.

Coirpre (or his substitute) could come with Valkyrie. We know from Thracia that he's been traveling on a holy quest, so for him to be smuggling the Valkyrie staff across the continent is online with his character even if he is not personally the one who can use it.

3 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

I think Ovo was supposed to be Reinhardt or the other way around.

I doubt Reinhardt had been invented at the time. Though it does bring up the interesting question as to wether they should include Reinhardt as a boss in a genealogy remake. On the one hand, without including Olwen and stuff he would be just a random boss (albeit a very dangerous minor boss) so a lot of the narattive of him would be lost, on the other hand Reonhardt's heroes bias and fanservice.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:12 AM, Jotari said:

That's another thing I'd like to see, Holy Weapons excluded from the regular inheritance system and actually acquired in the plot (like Tyfring) rather than miraculously just appearing in inventories.

I missed this, have you played FE4 binary?

In that hack:

1. Holsety is obtained by killing Musar, the hack gives him a unique portrait and goes with the son of one of Lewyns uncles stance.
  2. Yewfelle is acquired by killing Scipio/Scorpio.
  3. Brian drops Helswath/Swanchika.
  4. Arvis drops Valflame/Falaflame.
  5. Isthar drops Thorhammer/Mjolnir
  6. And finally the Naga tome is held by an original character, the 13th Deadlord/Dark Warlord!

Basically only the Valkyrie staff is simply passed down.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I missed this, have you played FE4 binary?

In that hack:

1. Holsety is obtained by killing Musar, the hack gives him a unique portrait and goes with the son of one of Lewyns uncles stance.
  2. Yewfelle is acquired by killing Scipio/Scorpio.
  3. Brian drops Helswath/Swanchika.
  4. Arvis drops Valflame/Falaflame.
  5. Isthar drops Thorhammer/Mjolnir
  6. And finally the Naga tome is held by an original character, the 13th Deadlord/Dark Warlord!

Basically only the Valkyrie staff is simply passed down.

No, I haven't played binary. I should give it a shot some day. Though I've beennmeaning to do a full replacement units playthrough firnyears that I haven't got around to either.

Edited by Jotari

12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Well the FE4 prototype info isn't confirmed, just speculated so far.

That said, the game engine love Baron bosses because Baron has a incredibly powerful class skill, "Pavise/Big Shield" , thats very annoying for players, whilst annoying not being too annoying like an offensive skill like Luna or Astra would be. Unlike player units, enemy units aren't almost always on the defensive and rarely have personal skills.

The  generic enemies and many minor bosses like Lewyn's Uncles and Chagall, can't even have luck, holy blood, or personal skills, so class skills are all they can have. This is also probably why Lewyn's uncles and Chagall lack holy blood.

Reptor isn't a minor boss and does have holy blood, whilst having the ability to have a luck stat or a personal skill even if he doesn't use them. That said, they may have felt it wasn't worth the effort and pavise would be a more intimidating skill for Reptor than Baron.

Long reply, I know.

I was aware of Chagall, Daccar and Maios lacking Holy Blood, though not exactly sure why. As others already have said, the King of Agustria not having any goes a ways into explaining his jealousy towards Eldigan and matches up with the lore. That being said, I definetly believe a remake should give either Maios or Daccar minor Foresti blood. 

Talking about this also reminds me of the goof with Hilda`s holy blood. In her first appearance as an enemy, she has minor Fajar blood. However, when she appears agin in either chapter 11 or 12, she has minor Darin blood instead for some reason.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lean into it I say, give her minor Dainn blood in the remake and have her back story have some kind of vague connection between Miletos and Thracia. Thracia and Areone look lonely on the family tree being only related to each other 😞

Sure, why not, it`s not like family trees are complicated enough already. But then again, nothing stops her from having both minor Darin and minor Fajar blood.

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That`s a good question. Your suggestion for Yewfelle works well I think, though now I question how you`re supposed to defeat Ishtar with Mjølnir on that map.

Getting the Valkyrie Staff from Edda Castle in endgame makes the most sense. 

I think Ares having Mystletainn is fine, it explains why Jobarro kept him around despite his young age.

7 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

So anyone have any thoughts on the Baron info as well as FE4's minor bosses and generic enemies having different mechanics?

Do you think people like Chagall and Lewyn's Uncles will get holy blood in the remake?

I think the uncles, alongside Scorpio, should have holy blood in the remake.

One thing that comes up with a Genealogy remake is the issue of how to put Thracia content in it. It's kind of a careful balance, as Thracia is it's own thing at the same time and shoving too much fan service in could be disruptive. But one idea I would like to see from Thracia is giving a face to the Deadlords. Making the Deadlords Thracia characters works great in a number of ways. It changes nothing about Genealogy's actual plot, as it's only just giving portraits to what were generic enemies before. It also gives a (morbid) nod to Thracia, which the game already has (Genealogy says Leif's army has been slaughtered when Seliph is going to rescue him). It's would be just a nice and easy opportunity for fan service (it'd also provide tonnes of fodder for Fallen Heroes banners in Heroes).

Thracia already gave us six of the Deadlords faces, so here would be my complete list filling out the others with Thracia characters.

Name Class Identity
Mus Baron Raydrik
Bovis Hero Galzus
Tigris Warrior Dagdar
Lepus High Priest Linoan
Draco Sniper Eyvel
Anguilla Mage Fighter Olwen
Equus Bishop Cyas
Ovis Sage Asvel
Simia Swordmaster Mareeta
Gallus Dark Bishop Salem/Veld
Canis Shaman Sara
Porcus Thief Fighter Lifis

8 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

That`s a good question. Your suggestion for Yewfelle works well I think, though now I question how you`re supposed to defeat Ishtar with Mjølnir on that map.

Yeah, that's a toughie. Truthfully, I'm not a super fan of Febail in this regard. The Yewfelle isn't a guaranteed hit, and if he misses, it's lights out from Ishtar. Ares with Mystletainn, however, isn't one-shot thanks to his Res boost. And while he won't one-shot, he has a better hit rate, and a good chance to activate either Critical or Adept. Forseti!Arthur and Balmung!Shannan have high Hit and Avoid against her, and may be able to beat her, albeit not reliably. Finally, if Lana has 15 Magic (IMO feasible if she is fathered by Azelle or Claud) and a Magic Ring, then she can cast Silence on Ishtar.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Coirpre (or his substitute) could come with Valkyrie. We know from Thracia that he's been traveling on a holy quest, so for him to be smuggling the Valkyrie staff across the continent is online with his character even if he is not personally the one who can use it.

Maybe that would work. He could either keep it or give it to Ced, the only other potential heir to Valkyrie. I dunno, I think it'd be a good motivator for the heir to House Edda to... actually visit House Edda in the Endgame, if the Valkyrie Staff is there.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Claude knows what will happen at Berhara, I feel him handing over the staff for his son to keep before walking to his doom feels plausible already.

But is his son necessarily even born at that point? Coirpre, for instance, is young enough that he almost certainly wasn't born until after the Battle of Belhalla. Claud could hand it off to someone for safekeeping, but the most sensible place for such a servant to take it would be... Castle Edda.

I feel Yewfelle should already be out of Briggid's hands, otherwise considering the power of the weapons, I feel Eyvel would remember who she was if she held it. At least it feels like the sort of thing that could be plausible.

Well, wouldn't this encounter happen after the events of Thracia 776? Once you seize Conote and kill Blume, Munster is under control of Hawke or Ced, suggesting that Raydrik and Veld have already been defeated. By this point, Eyvel has been Kia'd and had her memories restored... or she's been defeated as a Deadlord. So if she survives, she could remember that she's a mother, and hand it over to her son.

Since the general implication is that Eldigan's wife got her hands on the Mystletainn before fleeing to Munster with Ares, I feel that should stay. Heck, with Mystletainn in hand, it's likely why he ended up adopted by Jabarro and become an excelling mercenary at Darna.

Yeah, that's fine. And while I maintain that Ares with early Mystetainn is OP, there are also plenty of OP bosses in generation II (i.e. Blume with Mjolnir in chapter 7), so leaving it possible for the player not to get it could create additional hardships.

3 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe that would work. He could either keep it or give it to Ced, the only other potential heir to Valkyrie.

The solution to that is to make more potential Valkyrie users via reclassing.

Seriously, Ced is the only other Valkyrie users? Lana and Nana can't get it? Man no wonder I've never once succeeded getting it in Gen 2 (even when I'm specifically going for it someone whores out and marries the wrong person).

Edited by Jotari

12 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

But is his son necessarily even born at that point? Coirpre, for instance, is young enough that he almost certainly wasn't born until after the Battle of Belhalla. Claud could hand it off to someone for safekeeping, but the most sensible place for such a servant to take it would be... Castle Edda.

Not literally. Like, give it to his wife so it then passes down to the son.

And like I added at the end of the post, if it's like Coirpre where they are born after Berhara... well, then Claude has to survive, no? So he can be there to hand it down personally then.

Well, wouldn't this encounter happen after the events of Thracia 776? Once you seize Conote and kill Blume, Munster is under control of Hawke or Ced, suggesting that Raydrik and Veld have already been defeated. By this point, Eyvel has been Kia'd and had her memories restored... or she's been defeated as a Deadlord. So if she survives, she could remember that she's a mother, and hand it over to her son.

But by your suggestion the weapon would still be in her hands before that, and like I said, I feel that the weapon itself would restore her memories already if that was the case. Granted, it could not happen...

One thing that comes up with a Genealogy remake is the issue of how to put Thracia content in it. It's kind of a careful balance, as Thracia is it's own thing at the same time and shoving too much fan service in could be disruptive. But one idea I would like to see from Thracia is giving a face to the Deadlords. Making the Deadlords Thracia characters works great in a number of ways. It changes nothing about Genealogy's actual plot, as it's only just giving portraits to what were generic enemies before. It also gives a (morbid) nod to Thracia, which the game already has (Genealogy says Leif's army has been slaughtered when Seliph is going to rescue him). It's would be just a nice and easy opportunity for fan service (it'd also provide tonnes of fodder for Fallen Heroes banners in Heroes).

Yeah... no.

Genealogy says the fighting force was slaughtered in the Alster Raid... but at the same time one of Bloom's generals states they can't break through Leonster's line of defense.

General:
“Yes sir! However, we are having great difficulties breaking their line of defense.”

So Lief still has forces around, and the only retcon Thracia made is that some of the Alster raid forces survived, considering the nature of Chapter 19's deployment positions. Also, barring "either-of" recruits and plot-line deaths, IS always goes the route that no playable character is unrecruited or dies before game end, unless I'm forgetting something. As such, I don't see them doing that to the Thracia cast, dooming them in Genealogy-canon worldlines.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Genealogy says the fighting force was slaughtered in the Alster Raid... but at the same time one of Bloom's generals states they can't break through Leonster's line of defense.

General:
“Yes sir! However, we are having great difficulties breaking their line of defense.”

So Lief still has forces around, and the only retcon Thracia made is that some of the Alster raid forces survived, considering the nature of Chapter 19's deployment positions. Also, barring "either-of" recruits and plot-line deaths, IS always goes the route that no playable character is unrecruited or dies before game end, unless I'm forgetting something. As such, I don't see them doing that to the Thracia cast, dooming them in Genealogy-canon worldlines.

Well Leif obviously has some forces still alive...their names are Finn and Nanna.

Just now, Jotari said:

Well Leif obviously has some forces still alive...their names are Finn and Nanna.

And as per Kaga's word, units are always meant to represent more than we see.

https://garmtranslations.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/fire-emblem-genealogy-of-the-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

The size of the troops in reality would be larger than what is shown in-game; there’s no way Sigurd’s army consists only of the characters you control. Similarly, Finn would be but one of the hundreds of subordinates led by Quan.

So between Leif, Finn, and Nanna, that's several dozens if not still hundreds of soldiers.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

And as per Kaga's word, units are always meant to represent more than we see.

https://garmtranslations.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/fire-emblem-genealogy-of-the-holy-war-fan-special-roundtable-discussion/

The size of the troops in reality would be larger than what is shown in-game; there’s no way Sigurd’s army consists only of the characters you control. Similarly, Finn would be but one of the hundreds of subordinates led by Quan.

So between Leif, Finn, and Nanna, that's several dozens if not still hundreds of soldiers.

Which I'm sure we'll see if they decide to implement Batallions (which were originally conceived for Genealogy).

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But by your suggestion the weapon would still be in her hands before that, and like I said, I feel that the weapon itself would restore her memories already if that was the case. Granted, it could not happen...

Well, we don't know what happens to Yewfelle after the Battle of Belhalla. Maybe she lost it right on the field of battle, and Arvis picked it up. He could've given it to Raydrik as a reward for his treason, thus bringing the bow back to Munster, where Eyvel gets it after Veld is felled. Or maybe she lost it in the ocean, as she washed up on the shores of Thracia. In that case, it could've been picked up by a Pirate, or simply buried in the sand. If Eyvel remembered losing it, she could probably find it again.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not literally. Like, give it to his wife so it then passes down to the son.

And like I added at the end of the post, if it's like Coirpre where they are born after Berhara... well, then Claude has to survive, no? So he can be there to hand it down personally then.

Doesn't Claud canonically die at Belhalla? Some potential fathers, like Alec, I'm pretty sure die at Belhalla. So Silvia could've been impregnated pre-Belhalla, but not give birth to Coirpre until afterwards.

He could give it to his wife, I guess.

46 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yeah, that's a toughie. Truthfully, I'm not a super fan of Febail in this regard. The Yewfelle isn't a guaranteed hit, and if he misses, it's lights out from Ishtar. Ares with Mystletainn, however, isn't one-shot thanks to his Res boost. And while he won't one-shot, he has a better hit rate, and a good chance to activate either Critical or Adept. Forseti!Arthur and Balmung!Shannan have high Hit and Avoid against her, and may be able to beat her, albeit not reliably. Finally, if Lana has 15 Magic (IMO feasible if she is fathered by Azelle or Claud) and a Magic Ring, then she can cast Silence on Ishtar.

On this subject, to dip into what we'd want from a Genealogy remake into a Thracia remake, I want to see Ishtar and Febail (and the mage sisters) in Thracia. They specifically gun it for Leif's castle in Genealogy of the Holy War, why they don't show up as enemies in Thracia hurts my sense of continuity. Plus Chapter 21 of Thracia just has nothing happening in it plotwise and could do with an injection of Ishtar and Febail to make the chapter memorable. Febail being playable (or just showing up at all) would also help fuel Leif's "Why can't I wield a holy weapon" insecurity that pops up towards the end of Thracia. Even just sticking this stuff in a cutscene would be nice.

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

On this subject, to dip into what we'd want from a Genealogy remake into a Thracia remake, I want to see Ishtar and Febail (and the mage sisters) in Thracia. They specifically gun it for Leif's castle in Genealogy of the Holy War, why they don't show up as enemies in Thracia hurts my sense of continuity. Plus Chapter 21 of Thracia just has nothing happening in it plotwise and could do with an injection of Ishtar and Febail to make the chapter memorable. Febail being playable (or just showing up at all) would also help fuel Leif's "Why can't I wield a holy weapon" insecurity that pops up towards the end of Thracia. Even just sticking this stuff in a cutscene would be nice.

Because Thracia establishes that Leif takes the southern route to Munster while Seliph takes the northern route to Conote. Therefore Seliph intercepts Ishtar, Febail, and the mage sisters, and thus Lief doesn't fight them.

If the unused portrait of Asaello is any indication, he may have been the one meant to intercept Leif while Febail goes after Seliph.

Doesn't Claud canonically die at Belhalla? Some potential fathers, like Alec, I'm pretty sure die at Belhalla. So Silvia could've been impregnated pre-Belhalla, but not give birth to Coirpre until afterwards.

He could give it to his wife, I guess.

Does he? Still, in a Genealogy-only context, he still has to live to father almost all of the younger siblings anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because Thracia establishes that Leif takes the southern route to Munster while Seliph takes the northern route to Conote. Therefore Seliph intercepts Ishtar and Febail, and thus Lief doesn't fight them.

If the unused portrait of Asaello is any indication, he may have been the one meant to intercept Leif while Febail goes after Seliph.

In that case, why didn't Leif encounter Ovo and Muhammed? Throwing them in as bosses would appease my sense of continuity, even if Ishtar and Febail would be better from a narrative point of view. Logically they are more likely anyway, as, while yes, Leif takes a southern route while Seliph takes a northern one, the fact that Leif starts in the north and Seliph starts in the south means they're pulling a weird crisscross maneuver.

Edited by Jotari