Three Hopes- skill expectations.

So what are your hopes, wants and fears when it comes to the skills system of Three Hopes. What skills do you expect to see, ones you don’t want to see or think we won’t see. Lastly how do you think they will be obtained? Do you think they will be support/personal like FEW or will they be class mastery/skill levels? 

I'm fine with all the skills from the last game returning except Vengeance and Counter because I don't believe in HP draining or blocking (but that's just me being subjective). Since basically all named characters in Three Houses all have Personal Skills, and a surprisingly large number of them fit  the Warriors Skills. Another thing I hope for is that they figure out the Live to Serve/Iote's Shield dilemma where they're basically useless on some units. I don't know the mechanics, so I don't really feel qualified to pick out the skills.

The big thing is that they need skills that improve your dps based on stats other than Luck. Ideally, you would have skills that factor Luck, Skill, Luck & Skill, or other stats like Speed or Defense. Heroes is actually a pretty good template because of the number of damage-procs that use other stats like Bonfire (defense), Regnal Astra (speed), Glacies (res) etc. And that's pretty similar to some of 3H's combat arts.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The big thing is that they need skills that improve your dps based on stats other than Luck. Ideally, you would have skills that factor Luck, Skill, Luck & Skill, or other stats like Speed or Defense. Heroes is actually a pretty good template because of the number of damage-procs that use other stats like Bonfire (defense), Regnal Astra (speed), Glacies (res) etc. And that's pretty similar to some of 3H's combat arts.

Having dps skills that work off of thing other then luck would be nice, but in this instance would Astra return as it is in FEW or would it be a combat art like in Three Houses? Things like Luna (skill) don’t show up in Houses and Draining Blow is a sad excuse for Sol.

4 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Having dps skills that work off of thing other then luck would be nice, but in this instance would Astra return as it is in FEW or would it be a combat art like in Three Houses? Things like Luna (skill) don’t show up in Houses and Draining Blow is a sad excuse for Sol.

I guess my question is whether skills like Astra as it is in FEW really add anything to the game. When you have a skill like that with no conditions, the increased attack speed just becomes the new normal, as it's basically just required for everyone.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I guess my question is whether skills like Astra as it is in FEW really add anything to the game. When you have a skill like that with no conditions, the increased attack speed just becomes the new normal, as it's basically just required for everyone.

There is always gonna be a “meta” build, it was like Luna and Lethality in FEW. They where really your best damage options after slayer bonuses.

5 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

There is always gonna be a “meta” build, it was like Luna and Lethality in FEW. They where really your best damage options after slayer bonuses.

Right. I'm just saying, ideally, you'd have equally viable alternatives to Luna/Lethality for lower Luck characters. And attack speed boosts would have more compelling conditional sources (like increased AS while Awakening, or for a few seconds after a musou, or for a few seconds after a combat art, or while at low health, or while above 80% health). 

Truth be told I find myself looking forward to FEW2 not caring much about the skill system. Many of the skills of FEW1 felt incredibly boring, just quietly adding damage or reducing damage taken based off stats. I suspect there will be one again, and I suspect I'll try to choose the best ones, but I can't say I'm especially enthusiastic.

Astra's really the main skill worth talking about. I think I like it overall... yes it's absolutely an optimum skill, but it's neat that you don't actually have it early and have time to learn the characters at a slower speed.

29 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Right. I'm just saying, ideally, you'd have equally viable alternatives to Luna/Lethality for lower Luck characters. And attack speed boosts would have more compelling conditional sources (like increased AS while Awakening, or for a few seconds after a musou, or for a few seconds after a combat art, or while at low health, or while above 80% health). 

I’m agreeing with you on lethality but based on a different stat. I just wondering how it will be done. Like are the Prowess skills get ported or like how Vantage or Desperation will work. I could see Vantage being the new Astra make it like boosted AS when under 40 or 50% hp.

29 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Truth be told I find myself looking forward to FEW2 not caring much about the skill system. Many of the skills of FEW1 felt incredibly boring, just quietly adding damage or reducing damage taken based off stats. I suspect there will be one again, and I suspect I'll try to choose the best ones, but I can't say I'm especially enthusiastic.

Astra's really the main skill worth talking about. I think I like it overall... yes it's absolutely an optimum skill, but it's neat that you don't actually have it early and have time to learn the characters at a slower speed.

Yeah like what 7 skills where worth using most of the time.