hey hey warriors fans it's a quick question

Integrity

i'm not in full representative administrator mode since i've been sick for a good few days and on hiatus for various (personal plus work plus the sudden invasion of ukraine) reasons but we're here now and better late than never

i made a quick change to this forum to dedicate it, generically, to both fire emblem warriors games, and wanted to get a little input going forward - should there:

• be a subforum for fire emblem warriors 2?
  • be a forum for the warriors games just in general?
  • be a, uh, spoilers forum? for warriors 2? i liked warriors a lot but i don't know if anyone really gives a shit about the plot
  • etc.

leave me your thoughts about the imminent future of this corner of the site below. xoxo aiku

I think it would be alright to just add Three Hopes as a sub forum of the Fire Emblem Warriors section. Both a switch games and Warrior genre so they can go together.

I think a dedicated Fire Emblem Spinoffs forum would be best, containing Warriors with a subforum therein for Three Hopes, Heroes, and TMS. And a Spinoffs General thread where players can talk about and speculate on potential future spinoff games of all kinds.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

given as it's pretty consistently one of our highest-engagement fora i wouldn't shunt heroes into a subforum, but that's an interesting idea i hadn't considered to group #TMS and warriors in a spinoffs subforum, i'll mull that one over

I'll second the FE spinoffs forum idea.  Of course FEH is too big to just jam into a small corner of the site, but there are enough other spinoffs now that I think such an overarching forum is warranted.  Though I'd say the TMS fans should be asked about such a change as well.  I'd say if KT decides to make yet another FEW game, then maybe the series could warrant its own forum, but for now I'm working off the assumption that this will be the last Warriors game they make for FE.

Also, I don't think a spoilers forum will be necessary.  Maybe they'll put more effort into the story of this one than the previous FEW game since they did the lion's share of the work for FE3H and so they have more investment in this... but it's also a Warriors game, lmao.  80% of the game is probably going to be everything else but the story.

26 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Though I'd say the TMS fans should be asked about such a change as well.

i do applaud you for thinking about other peoples' feelings but nobody has posted in the #TMS forum since last november, i'm pretty sure they'd be okay with it

they can direct complaints to my underlings

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'll second the FE spinoffs forum idea.  Of course FEH is too big to just jam into a small corner of the site, but there are enough other spinoffs now that I think such an overarching forum is warranted.  Though I'd say the TMS fans should be asked about such a change as well.  I'd say if KT decides to make yet another FEW game, then maybe the series could warrant its own forum, but for now I'm working off the assumption that this will be the last Warriors game they make for FE.

Also, I don't think a spoilers forum will be necessary.  Maybe they'll put more effort into the story of this one than the previous FEW game since they did the lion's share of the work for FE3H and so they have more investment in this... but it's also a Warriors game, lmao.  80% of the game is probably going to be everything else but the story.

It's a "safe" assumption for avoiding disappointment, but it's also more likely than not to eventually get another game. These outsell mainline Warriors games by at least double, and pull potential new players into said mainline Warriors games.

I'm keeping hopeful that eventually we'll get another big crossover with Tellius & Elibe characters. But I won't be trying to hype it into existence for almost 5 years like I did with this one. Maybe 3-4 years from now when such a thing might actually start being considered.

Iirc, FEH is not even considered a spin-off.

Given the setup of the forum I think it's only logical that each Warriors game have its own subforum the same way the other Fire Emblem Forums are set up. I want to note, though, that Three Hopes is not Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and the forum shouldn't refer to it as such.

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It's a "safe" assumption for avoiding disappointment, but it's also more likely than not to eventually get another game. These outsell mainline Warriors games by at least double, and pull potential new players into said mainline Warriors games.

Oh yeah, no, my position is less of a solid "I absolutely don't think there'll be another game" and more just a pragmatic position to measure expectations - one that I automatically take with practically any potential entertainment company project.  I also think it's incredibly likely they will make another FEW game because KT has gotten reasonably invested in the series and, as you said, they seem to bring in lots of unit sales.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I want to note, though, that Three Hopes is not Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and the forum shouldn't refer to it as such.

i would absolutely have done that without thinking lmao thanks for the reminder

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Iirc, FEH is not even considered a spin-off.

Given the setup of the forum I think it's only logical that each Warriors game have its own subforum the same way the other Fire Emblem Forums are set up. I want to note, though, that Three Hopes is not Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and the forum shouldn't refer to it as such.

Yeah, I genuinely wonder how they'd title a third game if it was a crossover. Calling it 2 would be confusing, while a specific subtitle would be contradictory to the crossover nature. Maybe they could call it Fire Emblem Warriors: Ultimate or Fire Emblem Warriors: Ike is Here This Time, We Swear!

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah, I genuinely wonder how they'd title a third game if it was a crossover. Calling it 2 would be confusing, while a specific subtitle would be contradictory to the crossover nature. Maybe they could call it Fire Emblem Warriors: Ultimate or Fire Emblem Warriors: Ike is Here This Time, We Swear!

Fire Emblem Warriors: Ike is Here This Time, We Swear (JK! he is 3rd sequel bait HAHA).

40 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Fire Emblem Warriors: Ike is Here This Time, We Swear (JK! he is 3rd sequel bait HAHA).

Woke up, felt cute, might sell Roy in $40 season pass.

But on topic, I really would like a Spinoffs family forum. Having a place to pitch and theorycraft all manor of collabs might be fun. There's the obvious fighting game some have asked for, and I think we could really do with an action JRPG or a MOBA.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Woke up, felt cute, might sell Roy in $40 season pass.

But on topic, I really would like a Spinoffs family forum. Having a place to pitch and theorycraft all manor of collabs might be fun.

Yes, I would have to agree. I'll change my suggestion to match this then too.

Really the Warriors forum gets so little traffic, I don't see much reason not to simply leave the two games together in the same forum. If you split it into a Warriors 1 and Warriors 2 barely any threads will be made in Warriors 1. TMS probably best left seperate, yes they're both spin offs, but they're also both very different as games so there would be little shared between the two. What would go in the general spin off forum before you go into the subforums? ONly speculation about potential spin off games rather than anything that aplies to both games, and I think general spin off speculation can just as well work in the General Fire Emblem forum.

gonna lock this man and redirect any more feedback to the announcement thread

cheers to all who participated, i appreciate it greatly