Troubadour Sakura or Wyvern Shigure?

RLR_FYE

So in Birthright, these two units cannot exist in the same playthrough because both require a different wife for Jakob.

To get Wyvern Shigure, you must marry Jakob to Azura but for Sakura to get what, in my opinion is her best class (Her personal skill stacks nicely with demoiselle and inspiration) she needs to marry Jakob also.

The question is which will be more useful? Shigure can be gotten way earlier than Scarlet with support grinding and Jakob can pass down Aegis for a skill% chance to not swear under your breath when you misplace your flier. 

On the other hand, A Rank Staves and Mobility on Sakura! 
What should I do? 

3 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

So in Birthright, these two units cannot exist in the same playthrough because both require a different wife for Jakob.

Jakob x Azura

Troub!Corrin x Sakura

?

4 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

On the other hand, A Rank Staves and Mobility on Sakura! 

Mobility is irrelevant. You´ll be stuck in a bog of enemies and you have 1-2 rng staves anyway. A rank takes time. May as well throw her into Falcon Knight if mobility and staves are the only concern. Main diff would be flying v horse and Tome v Lance and Sakura already has Sky Knight.

4 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Shigure can be gotten way earlier than Scarlet with support grinding and Jakob can pass down Aegis for a skill% chance to not swear under your breath when you misplace your flier.

According to average stats Shigure will be tankier and Scarlett will hit harder and faster. 30% Aegis at best for an eventuality seems worthless. You get Scarlet at... chapter 13? That´s plenty early.

When in doubt, Troubadour Sakura I guess.

6 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Jakob can pass down Aegis for a skill% chance to not swear under your breath when you misplace your flier. 

That sounds nice, but it ain't something I would rely on. At best, you only get it less than 1/3 of the time.

2 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Jakob x Azura

Troub!Corrin x Sakura

?

To incest: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

EDIT: 'Course, going male Corrin means no early Jakob. So it'll take longer to get at least one of the kids.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That sounds nice, but it ain't something I would rely on. At best, you only get it less than 1/3 of the time.

Yeah, if they're making Jakob a Paladin to begin with, then either Elbow Room or Shelter seems like a better skill for Shigure to inherit.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Clarification.

I'd personally go with Wyvern Shigure, mainly because Birthright is really lacking in axe/club units since the only 2 natural ones (no need for a Heart Seal) are Rinkah and Scarlet. Plus, Jakob!Shigure is notable for being a really good rallybot.

Sakura does fine in her base class and doesn't really need the horse, because if you want mobile staves (as mentioned above), she already has Falcon Knight at base. She loses out on A-staves yeah, but that's just the Great Festal in Birthright and Wane Festals have more uses and are cheaper. Sakura is a great magic mother, so it'll help out Dwyer I guess--so there's that.

18 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

To incest: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

That´d be violence.

It worked for the Habsburg for a few years. Maybe Nohr just needs a new chin? They already have two cases of insanity.

And if my consumption of internet arguments about the aparrent fanservice abomination Fates supposedly is, holds true, then they aren´t related to begin with. 

Could Shigure not also ride a wyvern from Dragon-talent Cornflakes?

I have only played some chapters of Birthright and do not really know when exactly the characters are recruited, but this option might let you marry Jakob to Sakura and still have Shigure on a wyvern.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:13 PM, starburst said:

Could Shigure not also ride a wyvern from Dragon-talent Cornflakes?

I have only played some chapters of Birthright and do not really know when exactly the characters are recruited, but this option might let you marry Jakob to Sakura and still have Shigure on a wyvern.

Huh… I stand corrected.

I guess there is a way provided you didn’t pick the fighter talent and go marry Hayato lol.

• 2 weeks later...