Chapter 5 Classic/Lunatic Without Lissa

Kalamari

Hey! So I'm gonna be completely honest, I only made this account so I could post this thread because I feel like I'm out of options.

To preface, my lunatic mode run has been...less than ideal, but I've already struggled enough to get to where I am now, I don't think I have the heart to reset completely. I'm stuck on chapter 5, the one where you get Maribelle and Ricken. Apparently it's notorious for being hard to beat on lunatic, so I've looked at guides and stuff for help. The strategy I've seen everywhere was that you basically use Lissa and a Rescue staff to save the two new units and then keep them behind. However, my problem is that I don't have Lissa to begin with - I was struggling with chapter 3 and I ended up having to sacrifice her near the end. It wasn't an easy decision, but I figured that Maribelle or Libra could end up being my main healers. Little did I know that getting Maribelle in the first place was going to be damn near impossible to begin with.

My strategy so far has been to send Robin/Sumia up to kill the eastern myrmidon with Celia's Gale so Maribelle/Ricken can hide in the corner and after that I have Frederick/Sully kill the fighter next to it. I'm not really sure what to do next, so I usually just keep Lon'qu/Kellam at the bottom to fight the enemies to the west and Chrom/Stahl just kinda hide in the corner because they're both fragile as shit. I usually survive the first turn, but it's the ones after that get dicey. If I get good RNG, Frederick/Sully and Robin/Sumia pick off some enemies and get left with relatively high health with Maribelle/Ricken still in the corner. At this point Lon'qu/Kellam either survive by dodging and abusing the Killing Edge or they get overwhelmed and die. Turn 3 is as far as I usually get since at this point the main damage dealers can only do so much at the giant swarm of enemies, which usually ends up with one of them making it over and killing Maribelle/Ricken. If those two somehow miraculously survive, it's usually Chrom/Stahl that end up getting killed by this point if the bottom enemies haven't killed Lon'qu already.

You can see the struggle I'm facing, right? Quite literally an uphill battle. I'll give any information you guys need, I just need some advice. Hell, I don't even need Ricken or Stahl - as long as I end up with Maribelle and everybody else alive, then I'd call it a success. Why yes, this is my first lunatic run, how could you tell?

Sorry to say but I think you've screwed yourself over.  And quite badly.

The only thing I can think of at this point is a hard reset and the Lunatic + guide here on SF.

And for the good of all that is holy PLAY CASUAL MODE first until you get a feel for the difficulty, then you'd have Lissa still.

Other than that not much I can give you.

• 3 weeks later...

For this chapter, the strategy is boring, but simple. 

I put Robin/Chrom on the fort and let robin solo the map. 

If you are on lunatic plus, you should reclass robin into an archer or sniper. Let the surrounding enemies run out of weapon uses, while you're just trying to survive. Then kill the rest of the enemies at 2 range. Then re-class back to something with 1 range, and finish off the 4 enemies left. However, this was very very boring. 

Lunatic is a dumb game mode, and lunatic plus is dumber. I used more intelligent tactics on hard mode, than on lunatic.