Any game that you were looking forward to start playing but lost interest in purchasing/borrowing?

henrymidfields

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

That's completely understandable; 2022 has been a big year for games (although one major release, the Breath of the Wild sequel, just got pushed back to 2023, so it's slightly less of a big year than it originally seemed like it was going to be).

Yep, I'm just getting into Legends Arceus, even though I bought it shortly after release. But before that, I was busying myself with the hit 2022 release...

checks notes scrawled onto palm

...Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Hey, this game's not gonna play itself for the seventh time!

• 3 weeks later...

Arms: I remember seeing Arms in stores a few times back in 2017, but I never was interested enough to play it. Fast forward a few years later and I found out that Min-Min (from Arms) was going to be one of the DLC characters for Smash Ultimate. This got me interested into possibly buying Arms, but paying full price for an almost 5 year old Switch fighting game just doesn't seem worth it when I can get longer, more enjoyable games for the same price. Plus, it reminded me too much of Punch-Out but with a gimmick, so it kind of turned me off from getting the game. 

1-2-Switch: Like Arms, I remember seeing this game stocked in stores back in 2017, and I actually had a bit of an interest in this game since it was one of the only Switch games available for the system around the time the Switch launched. Though after reading reviews and figuring out that I'd basically be paying full price for a short, glorified tech demo. I decided against buying it, and still don't own it to this day. 

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee: When I initially saw the game, I thought that it would be pretty fun to have a Pikachu or Eevee tag along with you for the whole game, like what Pokémon Yellow did. Though I ended up focusing on other games on the Switch like Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Once Pokémon Sword came out, I played through it and had a rather fun time with it, and enjoyed some of the new things that it introduced. After playing through Sword, I decided to try out the demo for Let's Go Pikachu. I found the visuals to be less than pleasant, and it just felt like I'd be romping through Sword again but without as many of the features that it had. Surprisingly, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is the only Pokémon game on Switch that I never ended up buying (unless you count the variations like Shield and Shining Pearl). I bought and still own Pokémon Sword, Brilliant Diamond, Legends: Arceus (My current favorite Pokémon Switch game primarily because it reminds me of Breath of the Wild) and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX. I enjoyed playing through all of the Pokémon games that I own on my Switch, but the Let's Go games are two titles in the Pokémon Series that I don't ever plan to buy. 

Edited by CyberZord