(FE12) New Mystery Hard no reclass draft

NightKnight77

This is my first real draft race, so I'll just use the rules from the pinned post with some modifications. Please tell me if I made any mistakes

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players
2. Marth, Arran, Xane, Feena, and Rickard are free for all. Avatar is free for all, but may not use a mounted or flying class.
3. The game will be played on Hard 1.

Rules:

1.  Reclassing is prohibited. Units must remain in their base or promoted class.
  2.  Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, and shop.
  3.  Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors and activating Supports.
  4.  All characters are free for Prologue chapters. Prologue chapters count towards your total turncount.
  5.  All Sidequest chapters must be visited and count towards your total turncount.
  6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.

Other:

1. The Rainbow Potion, Lunatic Statboosters, Clock Bonus and use of Wi-fi features are strictly prohibited.
  2. Warp may not be used on Marth. Rescue may not be used on Marth by a unit who has been Warped or rescued earlier in the chapter. Hammerne may not be used on Rescue or Warp.
  3. Use of the Drill Grounds is allowed.
  4. Forging is allowed, but forging MT on any weapon with effectiveness (including bows) is banned.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Palla is free for Chapter 3.
  2. Yubello, Yumina, Ogma and Sirius are free for Chapter 4.
  3. Navarre is free for Chapter 7.
  4. Merric is free for Chapter 10.
  5. Midia is free to be attacked in Chapter 20
  6. Nyna, Maria, Lena and Elice are free for Final.

Teams:

GlichWarrior: Palla, Whrs, Ryan, Etzel, Ogma, Frey, Abel, Est, Julian, Jake, Samto, Roger, Beck
NightKnight: Catria, Luke, Wendell, Warren, Elrean, Castor, Robert, Horace, Norne, Dice, Dolph, Matthis, Roshea
Astralevin: Ceada, Yumina, Cecil, Merric, Jeorge, Belf, Malice, Athena, Macellan, Yimr, Michalis, Radd, Tomas, Vyland
Eltosian Kadath: Minerva, Rody, Gordin, Yubello, Tiki, Barst, Cord, Bord, Astram, Katarina, Sheema, Samson, Tomas
Gradivus: Sirius, Malicia, Linde, Cain, Leiden, Navarre, Frost, Nagi, Darros, Draug, Ceaser, Midia, Sedgar

Free: Bantu and Wolf... if you really want to lose turns for them

Spoiler

Edited by NightKnight77

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I would join, but the "race" part is kind of concerning... I guess it depends on whether we all play at once or not. If not I'm probably in, though I probably won't be trying for a good turn count.

4 hours ago, GlitchWarrior said:

Hmm... I would join, but the "race" part is kind of concerning... I guess it depends on whether we all play at once or not. If not I'm probably in, though I probably won't be trying for a good turn count.

Depends on what Op wants to do. A draft Race is a speedrun, where playing and racing together is part of the concept. A draft is mostly in LTC setting, but doesn't have to be done all at the same time, since time isn't a deciding factor in who wins or not.

13 hours ago, NightKnight77 said:
  •  All characters are free for Prologue chapters. Prologue chapters count towards your total turncount.
  •  All Sidequest chapters must be visited and count towards your total turncount.

13 hours ago, NightKnight77 said:

1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

These rules do point towards this being a typical turn-based draft, though the usage of the phrase "draft race" at the begining of OP's post is confusing. Regardless, if this is indeed turn-based and not speedrun, I'm interesting in participating. I haven't played H1 in like forever and the restrictions are different to what I'm used to so why not.

So is that three of us besides OP then?

I will say, no reclass means picking certain units is more strategic, you can't just Draco-fy Sirius, if you want a flier you have to draft one

Edited by GlitchWarrior

OK, so it's been a full day and Gradivus still hasn't come back. But hey, maybe Saturdays are just an off-day for them?

...I just checked their profile. Discounting yesterday they were inactive for a full month, and before that, there's over a six-month gap between last July and the start of this year... Maybe we should have looked for someone else? I don't know what's going on.

I'll send them a DM rq.

Caeda to fly high. @Eltosian Kadath

Can Midia be free to get attacked (or just free) in c20? Otherwise, if you don’t draft her she costs a rescue use or 4 turns. Just a suggestion.

edit: on second thought, let’s forget about this for now… I don’t know if c20 can be completed in H1 without her getting attacked, maybe it can be done. It’s H3 where it’s not possible aside from doing the map in 4 turns with a bunch of crits.

Edited by Astralevin

Sorry for the delay. I still exist and the next picks will come faster!

I pick Sirius and Malicia

Edited by Gradivus.

1 hour ago, Astralevin said:

Yumina.

FUUUUUCK.

I'm not good at keeping people alive, so I really want an early staffer, but that pretty much leaves me with Wrys if I don't want to put Wendell on heal duty. Luckily Wrys is somewhat usable in this game, so picking him will not ruin everything.

I'm also going to pick Ryan - I'm surprised no one else picked an archer to deal with the wyverns this game throws at you yet. Maybe the assumption was there'd be enough bows to go around. I dunno. Plus if I want Cecille, I have to put up with her frankly garbage bulk, and that's not in my interests at the moment..

@NightKnight77, you're up.

Edited by GlitchWarrior