(FE12) New Mystery Hard no reclass draft

NightKnight77

46 minutes ago, GlitchWarrior said:

FUUUUUCK.

I'm not good at keeping people alive, so I really want an early staffer, but that pretty much leaves me with Wrys if I don't want to put Wendell on heal duty. Luckily Wrys is somewhat usable in this game, so picking him will not ruin everything.

I got worried because Caeda is kinda frail, I think she’ll need the support. Palla, otoh, should be able to wait for Wrys to catch up on staff rank.

Having mov is valuable in a draft so I think I’ll grab Cecil. That way I won’t have to train Frey or something. @Eltosian Kadath

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linde and Cain

Also, I think we should definitely allow Forging, it was typically allowed in various SOYO drafts we did (like this one, which was on H1 aswell: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/70572-fe12-h1-soyo-game-over-return-of-medeus/ ). Allowing forging worked pretty well there and allowed for more creative strategies. The standard ruleset from the Draft Tournaments Explained thread is around 10 years old and wasn't made with a Reclass ban in mind.

Undrafted Midia should also be free to be attacked in C20. It doesn't make sense to force players to take a turn penalty just because they don't want to burn rescue on an undrafted unit. In this format I'm not sure if everyone can reach Hardin in anytime. It's better to preventively make sure that bullshit situations like don't come up.

The "let Midia be attacked rule" was also part of the ruleset in every FE12 draft I did so far, there's no reason not to use it.

Edited by Gradivus.

I am strangely giddy that I have an actual excuse for picking Yubello now. I was always going to pick my precious little boy, but now I have staff utility as an excuse for him.

@Astralevin you are up next.

11 minutes ago, Gradivus. said:

Also, I think we should definitely allow Forging, it was typically allowed in various SOYO drafts we did (like this one, which was on H1 aswell: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/70572-fe12-h1-soyo-game-over-return-of-medeus/ ). Allowing forging worked pretty well there and allowed for more creative strategies. The standard ruleset from the Draft Tournaments Explained thread is around 10 years old and wasn't made with a Reclass ban in mind.

Honestly, I am OK with the forge ban. I think it kinda fits the older feel that the reclass ban brings to this draft. Then again, I am also one of the four people who got past the desert in the FE6 Sadist Draft, so I am a glutton for draft punishment.

13 minutes ago, Gradivus. said:

Undrafted Midia should also be free to be attacked in C20. It doesn't make sense to force players to take a turn penalty just because they don't want to burn rescue on an undrafted unit. In this format I'm not sure if everyone can reach Hardin in anytime. It's better to preventively make sure that bullshit situations like don't come up.

The "let Midia be attacked rule" was also part of the ruleset in every FE12 draft I did so far, there's no reason not to use it.

Although the let undrafted Midia be attacked rule does seem like a good change.

Banning forges does contribute to give this draft a “vintage” feel, kinda like playing the original MotE. I feel like forging is always a positive in this game however so I’m definitely missing it while thinking of who to draft. Midia clause would be cool.

On that note, I think I’m taking Merric. It is OP’s turn @NightKnight77

Warren

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, I am OK with the forge ban. I think it kinda fits the older feel that the reclass ban brings to this draft. Then again, I am also one of the four people who got past the desert in the FE6 Sadist Draft, so I am a glutton for draft punishment.

13 hours ago, Gradivus. said:

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how to run things, but I think I will allow forges with this rule:

-Forging MT on effective weapons, including bows, is banned

I think that's fair enough, but I don't have that much experience, so I'm not sure.

And Midia will be free to be attacked. I was going to do that before, but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

@GlitchWarrior

That works for me.

Hmm... I see everyone is grabbing at least one mage... I suppose Etzel would work for me. It's either him or Arlen and recruiting the latter is a little tricky.

I'm also a shameless Ogma fanboy so I'll grab him as well.

@NightKnight77, you're up.

Edited by GlitchWarrior

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It might be a little early for such frivolities, but I think I will grab Tiki for the amusing Mage Dragon utility.

I considered taking her in round 6 for this reason. Shame.

Navarre and Leiden

WRT forging except Mt on effective weapons: that's a good solution, although the problems with forged effective weaponry aren't nearly as bad as in higher-difficulty FE11.

I'll take Frey then. We are officially entering Memeland now.

My other pick will be Abel. I don't find him that good at all or anything. In fact I know he sucks. I just happen to really like Abel and not want him to be gone. Plus, the FE11 Prologue 2 duo being reunited is kinda nice to me in a way.

could have drafted Julian, both for a third thief and to get Lena during the Endgame. But one, she can't use Aum. And two, having one extra unit on the last map of the game will not help as much.

@NightKnight77

Edited by GlitchWarrior

Drafting Abel last round has motivated me to take Est this round. Not to mention she finishes a support trio shared with her husband and older sister.

Which I will then follow by nuking my Ch3 turn count entirely and drafting Julian. Why? Well you see, in Shadow Dragon drafts I always pick Lena, and I don't want to be forced to Mercy Kill her. Plus, being stuck with Rickard as my main thief? Sounds boring.

@NightKnight77

Edited by GlitchWarrior