Sometimes I wonder what's the better play - trade in a Pegasus Cheese for an Exotic Spice, which then trades for 3 Gold? Or using the Pegasus Cheese for +2 Speed? I typically do the former, because I'm a sucker for strong forges, but I can see a queso for the latter.

The Gold is easily more valuable than +2 Speed. Weapons always matter a lot more than stats in Echoes.

Clive is a good example this. The +2 Speed would allow him to be double Cavaliers with his borderline Speed, but he'd still be unable double Cavaliers with a Steel Lance and prevent him from one rounding.

If you instead opted to make a Forged Ridersbane, he can straight up one shot all the Cavaliers in Act 3 even at base level.

That's pretty much the power of forges in a nutshell. The Killer Bow, Silver Sword, and Steel Lance make an incredible difference that the stat boost isnt really useful, especially with how most enemies are pretty slow.

Edited by LoneRecon400

8 hours ago, Just a Salvager said:

holy crap its the chesse lover irl

That's right. I love chesse.

Another reason to trade the pegasus cheese for exotic spice is that the Cheese Lover derives infinite pleasure from such cheese, and therefore by hedonic calculus it is morally imperative to give it to him. This also means that he is morally justified in spilling the blood of countless innocents to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Another reason to trade the pegasus cheese for exotic spice is that the Cheese Lover derives infinite pleasure from such cheese, and therefore by hedonic calculus it is morally imperative to give it to him. This also means that he is morally justified in spilling the blood of countless innocents to get it.

Someone stole my Pegasus Cheese recently. At first, I was saddened. But, I figured that whoever stole it must have wanted it more than I did. The net amount of cheese-eating in Valentia increased. So, whatever.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:16 PM, LoneRecon400 said:

The Gold is easily more valuable than +2 Speed. Weapons always matter a lot more than stats in Echoes.

Clive is a good example this. The +2 Speed would allow him to be double Cavaliers with his borderline Speed, but he'd still be unable double Cavaliers with a Steel Lance and prevent him from one rounding.

If you instead opted to make a Forged Ridersbane, he can straight up one shot all the Cavaliers in Act 3 even at base level.

That's pretty much the power of forges in a nutshell. The Killer Bow, Silver Sword, and Steel Lance make an incredible difference that the stat boost isnt really useful, especially with how most enemies are pretty slow.

Yeah, that seems solid. If it's an argument between +2 Speed and ASAP Killer Bow, then the Killer Bow pretty clearly wins. Plus, you can send it over via the Merchant for Celica's Army to abuse, too.