Seasonal Child Units You'd Like To See

Jotari

So we got some Tellius child units recently and there seems to be a common sentiment of disappointment going on in the thread. Which kind of begs the question, what child units from across the series would you actually like to see? The obvious answer to me is the Ram Village gang since we actually see them fight as children. Though the issue there comes with what weapons to give them, since unlike the nobles we've had as child units thus far, these kids canonically could not fight and had to have Mycen protect them (and the closest they had to weapons were all sword infantry, which sucks, still a bit salty they made both Grey and Tobin sword infantry when they could have been practically anything). But, they still exist so I'd like to see them in some form even if their weapons are mostly made up.

Child Zelgius is another kind of obvious one, but we already sort of got that in a Christmas banner.

Anyway my tastes obviously lean very much in favour of canonical things we've seen (I'd like to see Young DImitri and Edelgard for that reason too, especially since they have a weapon associated with their childhood designs), but this banner really is just "What characters do you want to see younger versions of", so do tell me where your feelings lie.

I'm never going to get my wish for an oldies banner but I'd like to have the youngsters banner as "younger variants" rather than "literal child", so forgive me for deviating from the thread title slightly. Besides, the older I get, the more fine I am with calling late-teens children. Also I'm doing this by looking at a list of units previously released in FEH so if they haven't been added it's likely I'll miss them. So in order of of origin:

- FEH: Slim Surtr, pre-jelly Hel, Loki before her, uh, growth spurt. Man, if we could have an oldies banner we could do Eitri aging like that Nazi in Indiana Jones 3. Really don't care about the characters so this is really just based on wanting to see what they can come up with for their looks.

- FE1/3: Michalis probably the obvious pick though Ogma could be interesting. Jagen in his prime is another easy one. I also wanna know if Wrys is naturally bald or if it's part of his priestly vows.

- FE2: I don't really tend to feel it with these characters. Mathilda maybe to make up for the horrible way she's been handled in FEH so far. Sabre with two eyes?

- FE4: I know so little about this game but I suspect the clamour will be for Young Finn and I'd have no problem with that.

- FE5: I only know the Reinhardt so it'll be the Thunder Duo.

- FE6: To avoid just naming FE7 characters, uh, it's gotta be Cecilia I guess. Young Zephiel already exists after all.

- FE7: Dorcas and Bartre duo writes itself.

- FE8: I want Gerik and Tethys, but Duessel would be in with a shout too.

- FE9: Titania and Oscar, make it so.

- FE10: Oliver!

- FE13: I remember Aversa supposedly had an interesting backstory.

- FE14: It can only be Loving Father Garon.

- FE16: From what I recall, Catherine is probably the faculty member with the most involved backstory. Maybe some demand for QT DK?

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

FE14: It can only be Loving Father Garon.

There was Xander looking Garon artwork floating around at one stage. But even without that, good Garon is just a delightful concept to entertain for the sheer contrast it would bring. I'm split between whether I'd like to see him wield Seigfried for Xander cosplay, or Bolverk because we don't have Bolverk in the game yet. Probably the latter.

Baby Dimitri and friends would be nice. Baby Dimitri has quite the cute design and his friends were supposedly quite different as kids. Felix was apparently a crybaby rather than a Tsundere, and Sylvain more a big bro than a scumbag.

Or baby Xander and Camilla for Nohr, and baby Takumi and Hinoka for Hoshido. Xander and Takumi were both said to be timid and shy as kids, while Hinoka's tomboy personality seems a result of Corrin's kidnapping. For Camila it be nice to see how she was because she got traumatized and messed up. Definitely not baby Ryoma though! We know he's the type to be jealous of toddlers. 

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There was Xander looking Garon artwork floating around at one stage. But even without that, good Garon is just a delightful concept to entertain for the sheer contrast it would bring. I'm split between whether I'd like to see him wield Seigfried for Xander cosplay, or Bolverk because we don't have Bolverk in the game yet. Probably the latter.

Yeah, it was from Ippei who I want to do the next mainlike FE game but who won't get it because it's not anime enough.

I already advocated for an FE7 banner with Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Ninian+Nils, and Zephiel. Beyond that, FE4 has a lot of fun options. My first thought is to start with Sigurd, Quan, Ethlin, and Eldigan, although we're quickly heading towards a repeat of the dancer banner with that approach. Maybe a set of Grannvale heirs with Sigurd, Dierdre, Brigid, Tailtiu, Lex, and Arvis?

Edited by Othin

Three Houses units in Sylvain, Ingrid, and Felix alongside a Dimitri/Edelgard Duo. I'd honestly prefer the child Dimitri/Edelgard duo to be on a Dancer banner, but I'll gladly accept them being a Dancer here with a Colorless Dagger as a weapon. And to switch it up, have Ingrid be the TT+ unit! 

For Awakening, I'd like to see the Shepards, with Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa forming a Trio similar to the Peg Sisters. I'd like Emmeryn to be the lead unit, but I'm not entirely sold on that yet. Phila, Frederick, Maribelle, and either Sully or Cordelia (and let's face it, it'll be Cordelia) can make up the rest of that group. Then a while later, we can get a Plegian version with both Robins, Henry, Aversa, and Tharja. 

I'm in the Three Houses boat too. An Edelgard and Dimitri Duo is given. I'd personally like Marianne, it would be cool if she got a cavalry alt or even flier. The other characters can be Claude, Hubert, and Felix. This selection looks good to me since all of the lords and one other house character is present. Hubert can be the Tempest unit, and personally so that I can more easily +10 her Marianne as the 4* focus. Being a 4* focus on these kids banner isn't too bad since they get good prf weapons.

Outside of the Three Houses gang, I'm not too interested in child alts of any of the other characters that I like. With characters like Python and Cherche I'll take what I can get I guess.

- FE2/15: All the Villager children alongside Conrad

- FE4: Sigurd, Julius & Ishtar

- FE5: Leif, Altena & Arion

- FE6: Roy, Wolt, Sue, Fir, Raigh & Lugh

- FE7: Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Canas, Braimmond

- FE13: Emmeryn & Chrom, Lissa, Cleric Cherche, Lon'qu, Panne

- FE14: Loving Parents Garon and Arete, Leo, Hinoka, Saizo & Kaze

- FE16: Dimitri & Edelgard, Claude, Felix, Petra, Lysithea

Honestly? All main lords as babies. Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lilina, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe, Lucina, Chrom, Robins, Fates Royals, Corrins, Azura, 3H Leaders, Byleths. yeah, all main Lords.

They ruined PoR with Mia and Ilyana, they should had made Elincia there.

Edited by Naoshi

I would't mind seeing a kid Roy alt. He both had that mage dream of his and it got mentioned a few times that he was more carefree in the past. Both would be nice to see...and he really just needs a seasonal alt in general. The last he got was some crappy bowcav that aged like milk.

I also would have prefered it if Jill was on the baby banner instead of some of the units we got. I think a hyper patriotic and fierce little military lady would have made a nice contrast to the more mellow Jill that we have now.

Or a Laguz like Lethe, Ranulf or Janaff. If only to see how they would look when they transformed.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Anyway my tastes obviously lean very much in favour of canonical things we've seen (I'd like to see Young DImitri and Edelgard for that reason too, especially since they have a weapon associated with their childhood designs), but this banner really is just "What characters do you want to see younger versions of", so do tell me where your feelings lie.

For me its actually the opposite. One of my favourite things about seasonals is to see characters in a way I haven't seen before. So i'd feel a bit dissapointed if half of the banner would be characters that i've already seen as a kid. Same reason why summer Gaius, Cordelia and the fates royals did very little for me.

Now I do hope mini Dimitri and Mini Edelgard get in, but i'd like it better if they where placed on a dancing banner. I think their backstory gives them a good enough excuse to be on there.

I wish they synth'd Greg's voice to somehow make him sound like a child

I' plus 10'd all the other Ikes, so I'll likely plus 10 this one too, just not this banner since the green focus banner wiped all my savings

Hmm for me, the Ram Village kids seem like an obvious pick, and they could do a lot with 3H units as kids. Dimitri and Edelgard as a dagger-wielding dancer makes a lot of sense, I think, but if they're following that, who else would be on theme? Maybe some nobles from Faerghus (since that's where they knew each other from back then) like Felix, Sylvain and Ingrid (though thief Ashe would be adorable.) Honestly, though, the more important figures in their lives were adults (such as Gilbert and Rodrigue), so...I'unno.

I do like the idea that's been thrown around of child Laguz/Beasts. Kittens and baby chicks and puppies and baby bunnies and little fox kits and tiny dragons... It could be so cute! (I don't know how that'd work out, though, since at least Laguz have super long lifespans and take forever to grow up, placing them pretty far down on the timeline.)

That said, Heroes-native children would be just as cute. Young Alfonse and Sharena are obvious, but there's also the Niflian siblings, Reginn and Otr before Otr went nuts, young Bruno and Veronica... There's plenty to work with.

Ah, and of course, there's plenty to pull from for Fates and Awakening, too. Sure, we see kid characters, but never as actual children (apart from some official art of Chrom, Emmeryn, Lissa, and Lucina, as well as baby Lucina, for Awakening. And we do have child Azura as a TT+ unit from Adrift.) So there's potential there, too.

All that said, I do love these kid banners, but we'll eventually run out of easy candidates. Maybe we can get a parents banner in here sometime to pair with the kids. I know we have Valentine's banners for stuff like that, but those are more like present-age kids than kid-age kids, so it's not quite what I'm talking about. A snapshot of the parents when they were newer to being parents would be fun (kind of like what we have with Halloween Hector.)

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm for me, the Ram Village kids seem like an obvious pick, and they could do a lot with 3H units as kids. Dimitri and Edelgard as a dagger-wielding dancer makes a lot of sense, I think, but if they're following that, who else would be on theme? Maybe some nobles from Faerghus (since that's where they knew each other from back then) like Felix, Sylvain and Ingrid (though thief Ashe would be adorable.) Honestly, though, the more important figures in their lives were adults (such as Gilbert and Rodrigue), so...I'unno.

I do like the idea that's been thrown around of child Laguz/Beasts. Kittens and baby chicks and puppies and baby bunnies and little fox kits and tiny dragons... It could be so cute! (I don't know how that'd work out, though, since at least Laguz have super long lifespans and take forever to grow up, placing them pretty far down on the timeline.)

That said, Heroes-native children would be just as cute. Young Alfonse and Sharena are obvious, but there's also the Niflian siblings, Reginn and Otr before Otr went nuts, young Bruno and Veronica... There's plenty to work with.

Ah, and of course, there's plenty to pull from for Fates and Awakening, too. Sure, we see kid characters, but never as actual children (apart from some official art of Chrom, Emmeryn, Lissa, and Lucina, as well as baby Lucina, for Awakening. And we do have child Azura as a TT+ unit from Adrift.) So there's potential there, too.

All that said, I do love these kid banners, but we'll eventually run out of easy candidates. Maybe we can get a parents banner in here sometime to pair with the kids. I know we have Valentine's banners for stuff like that, but those are more like present-age kids than kid-age kids, so it's not quite what I'm talking about. A snapshot of the parents when they were newer to being parents would be fun (kind of like what we have with Halloween Hector.)

I don't think they'll run out of easy material all that soon. They seem to be going directly for lord units and at a rate of one banner per year it will take another 8 years before they need to repeat a game/continuity.

I'd like to see a 9-10 years old Emmeryn, newly crowned Exalt of an Ylisse ravaged by the war and promoted to single parent of her siblings. Unfortunately, that would put most of the gen I cast around the age of 3-4 (and even younger for the ones closer to Lissa's age than Chrom's), which is probably too young to be anything but a duo backpack, even on a children's banner. Maybe we could get cleric Cherche having just met Minerva-the-wyvern, but that's two staff units (unless Emmeryn gets a tome, but a staff fits more with her character at the time).

Alternatively, an Awakening banner going for a more "a little of everywhere" approach, with Henry in his raised by wolves period, little kid Lon'qu or Say'ri, young Taguel Panne, maybe Olivia as the Feroxi representative, and young Maribelle as a pink bundle of ruffles and prissiness. (Unlikely, but this is for what we want, not what we expect.)

When Valentia gets it, it will almost certainly be the prologue kids, of course, but I wouldn't protest if they threw a curveball and gave us the Novis children instead, with Celica having just got to the priory and still getting used to the change. Including Silque, since she seems close enough in age, that's five characters. (If a duo unit is really necessary and they insist on it being siblings, I suppose they could break canon and include Conrad, as long as the focus isn't on him.)

Edited by Kori

1 hour ago, Kori said:

I'd like to see a 9-10 years old Emmeryn, newly crowned Exalt of an Ylisse ravaged by the war and promoted to single parent of her siblings. Unfortunately, that would put most of the gen I cast around the age of 3-4 (and even younger for the ones closer to Lissa's age than Chrom's), which is probably too young to be anything but a duo backpack, even on a children's banner. Maybe we could get cleric Cherche having just met Minerva-the-wyvern, but that's two staff units (unless Emmeryn gets a tome, but a staff fits more with her character at the time).

Alternatively, an Awakening banner going for a more "a little of everywhere" approach, with Henry in his raised by wolves period, little kid Lon'qu or Say'ri, young Taguel Panne, maybe Olivia as the Feroxi representative, and young Maribelle as a pink bundle of ruffles and prissiness. (Unlikely, but this is for what we want, not what we expect.)

You're missing Fredrick there. He's close enough to Emmeryn's age. They alsoncpuld go a different route with Awakening and show Lucina and the other child units as, uh, children.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

You're missing Fredrick there. He's close enough to Emmeryn's age. They alsoncpuld go a different route with Awakening and show Lucina and the other child units as, uh, children.

True. I thought of him when writing that, but then thought "and maybe Phila too", dismissed that last one as unlikely, and accidentaly threw Frederick out with her. But of course he needs to be there, can't miss the chance to have him babysitting Chrom and Lissa the one time they're actually babies. 😛

On 4/5/2022 at 6:50 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Or baby Xander and Camilla for Nohr, and baby Takumi and Hinoka for Hoshido. Xander and Takumi were both said to be timid and shy as kids, while Hinoka's tomboy personality seems a result of Corrin's kidnapping. For Camila it be nice to see how she was because she got traumatized and messed up. Definitely not baby Ryoma though! We know he's the type to be jealous of toddlers. 

This reminds me of that youtube fanseries that explained the Concubine Wars and saw the young Nohrian sibs knowing one another

On 4/5/2022 at 6:25 AM, Humanoid said:

- FE10: Oliver!

I love the idea of ikemen young Oliver, before he lost his figure and most of his hair. I picture his hairstyle being between Soren’s and Jakob’s. Bonus points if young Oliver says something along the lines of “Beauty is fleeting, and I must enjoy every minute of it.” Or he could be even more vain at this age.

Also, I’d really want to see young Corrin (either male or female) with a young Felicia and Flora duo, young Jakob, and young Camilla. They have fascinating childhoods that Fates only briefly details.

Camilla would be noticeably older than the others, a teen around the same age as Elise or Sakura’s current age, Jakob would be 10-12 years old, between the ages of Flora/Felicia (9-11 years old) and Camilla, and Corrin would be the youngest of the group (7-8 years old.) Flora and Felicia would be confused by why they were sent to live with Corrin (even adult Felicia doesn’t fully understand that she was a hostage) and Jakob would struggle with his servant tasks and would be upset that his parents abandoned him. Also, I’m quite convinced that Ben Diskin could give young Jakob a good voice, since he voiced Numbah One and Numbah Two in Codename: Kids Next Door.

While Peri doesn’t fit the group theme, at least she’s from Nohr and I’d want to see her as a child, too. She would be the Tempest Trial unit. Whether you love or hate Peri, she’d look adorable as a child and her childhood is a significant part of her character. Young Peri could be from before her mother was murdered or shortly after she was traumatized; both would be interesting takes on her character.