Your Body is Full of Microplastics

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Why would you want microplastics though, just upgrade to macroplastics.

Don't let yourself settle for less than you deserve.

Soul this isn't a joke.

This is very serious.

There are tiny particles of plastic floating around in your blood right now.

They're in my blood.

Even if you go entirely off the grid, the microplastics will still get in you.

They're everywhere.

This is bad.

And also very serious.

(Insert Henry's base picture complete with infuriating smile)

And this is why I avoid the Serious Discussion forum - I simply cannot take these things seriously, otherwise I would probably have killed myself some time ago to avoid it all. Didn't notice the forum you'd posted in.

Also yes. That is the nature of the modern world. Everything and everyone has been screwed over for some time now. I'm sorry to hear you're only just now finding this out.

According to my mother this all works out in the end though, because Jesus. So far I have yet to find someone who can give me a more cohesive answer than that. I will keep you posted in the event something comes up.

I'm leaving this forum now, sorry to interrupt.

16 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

And this is why I avoid the Serious Discussion forum - I simply cannot take these things seriously, otherwise I would probably have killed myself some time ago to avoid it all. Didn't notice the forum you'd posted in.

I was originally going to write this off as an shitpost, until I saw this.

Outside of using wood for everything or just invent something that's truly biodegradable, there really isn't much of an solution for it.

Edited by Armchair General

3 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I was originally going to write this off as an shitpost, until I saw this.

Outside of using wood for everything or just invent something that's truly biodegradable, there really isn't much of an solution for it.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

That is the nature of the modern world. Everything and everyone has been screwed over for some time now.

It makes perfect sense to me that this sort of thing is going on, I've just reached the point where I have to come up with some way to laugh at every new (censored)-up thing I find or else I absolutely will kill myself.

Occasionally I find something I can't laugh at no matter how I try, but for the most part I've about figured it out.

Edited by SoulWeaver

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

There is nothing you can do about this.

i've seen this coming, but still dreaded on the future generations fate. i mean, it will suck real bad when knowing your life are already doomed because one generation above you pass along harmful substance to you since birth. our generation might not feeling it too much especially adult which already have established metabolism and can process and waste harmful substance in body to a certain extent. the worse is getting cancer earlier, i guess? but later when it get worse and widespread? dang..

but seriously, i think plastic is one of the most useful and harmful (in long terms) at the same time that human invented.

its just industries rarely care about it despite the one that understand it.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Occasionally I find something I can't laugh at no matter how I try, but for the most part I've about figured it out.

unfortunately theres difference between staying positive and staying ignorant.

13 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I've just reached the point where I have to come up with some way to laugh at every new (censored)-up thing I find or else I absolutely will kill myself.

Seriously, you should look into getting some professional help, if you haven't already.

4 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Seriously, you should look into getting some professional help, if you haven't already.

Yeah, probably, but I wouldn't say that would be the primary reason - I talk a lot of exaggeratedly depressed crap when I'm exhausted and hungry. Realistically speaking I just get exponentially more cynical with each new stupid thing I find about our modern world.

16 hours ago, joevar said:

unfortunately theres difference between staying positive and staying ignorant.

If you say so, I find the most positive people seem to all be completely oblivious to how screwed we all are. There seems to be a ratio where the more you know about the world, the less happy with it you become. I'm trying to work on keeping my positivity intact because I'm certainly not very helpful during my mother's government/current events class, but the only way I've figured out to have that be effective is more or less to laugh at everything.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:
18 hours ago, joevar said:

If you say so, I find the most positive people seem to all be completely oblivious to how screwed we all are. There seems to be a ratio where the more you know about the world, the less happy with it you become

"Ignorance is bliss," as the saying goes.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, probably, but I wouldn't say that would be the primary reason - I talk a lot of exaggeratedly depressed crap when I'm exhausted and hungry. Realistically speaking I just get exponentially more cynical with each new stupid thing I find about our modern world.

If you say so, I find the most positive people seem to all be completely oblivious to how screwed we all are. There seems to be a ratio where the more you know about the world, the less happy with it you become. I'm trying to work on keeping my positivity intact because I'm certainly not very helpful during my mother's government/current events class, but the only way I've figured out to have that be effective is more or less to laugh at everything.

i understand what you mean. but can only half-agree in concept. because it goes both ways afaik. you can both knows too much screwed stuff, or know as much the good the world can offer (which also doesnt get covered usually because news only covered juicy info. rarely warm-hearted news nowadays). the problem is usually it doesnt come to us unless we seek it, or try to be observant enough. its not like there are no social and knowledgeable person who is happy. but a rarity for sure.

in practice i agree though, since i know being unhelpful and be aware of it could drain your sanity

5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

"Ignorance is bliss," as the saying goes.

yes, this proverb is something that i sometimes use as well. less headache usually.

- - - -- - - - -

back on topic, this hit harder to me since i live in one of top 5 countries which produce plastic waste

On 4/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Can you personally do anything about the various ways humanity is screwed over?  No?  Then what's the point in worrying about it?  You can choose to focus your efforts on something, and I choose to focus on that which I can change, even if it's small.  I doubt I'm the only one that's realized this.

Now, for the topic at hand - I hope the effects of microplastics on humans is studied more.  It's not like humans are incapable of changing (hello lead-based paint), but I think it's going to take a lot of effort, since plastic is everywhere and then some.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alternately, don't worry about it as a layperson because it doesn't seem like it's causing anything markedly acute, or even making any noticeable difference in the life expectancy of humans. I'd be far more worried with stuff like COVID-2019, malnourishment, climate change, obesity, road tolls, the flu etc.

Edited by henrymidfields