New screenshots from Amazon.JP listing

So a few new screenshots were passed around on discord and twitter earlier today, and upon looking, it appears they originate from Three Hopes Amazon.JP listing. Here is the listing in question along with the screenshots.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09X1P12WX/

61Oxz0fNi+L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

61WvIOKKMDL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

61Wey7IuQEL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

So yeah, discuss. It appears our purple friend is a potential ally, if not openly playable, and confirms Mercedes' involvement in the game. May I say that I love the new haircut, easily my favourite version of her design.

Thanks for this!

Seems like we could get an info blowout soon if these kinds of updates are happening.

Good to see Mercedes and purple-hair confirmed playable.

Those retro map icons are worth speculating characters for, and may hint at a class change system since they look like generic class outfits. Of course, they could also be NPC allies.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Oops I just posted this on the other topic, but I'll bring my thoughts on the pause map screen over:

- purple hair OC is playable, and seems to be an Assassin if I recall my generic units sprites correctly. Not sure what the battle forecast is supposed to convey as this doesn't correlate cleanly with anything from FEW1 that I can remember

- Axebreaker 2 as a skill. I can't tell if the targeted Fighter also has a skill (see the icon next to Attack)

- A bunch of other allied units that... don't appear to be characters we can recognise - are they generics? At least they're likely the mission objective to be defended from the enemy Fighters. Classes seem to be Warlock, Warrior, Bishop (??), Archer

- breakable pots in three colours (similar to HW in terms of what they'd yield for the musou / other special / health bars?) and outposts (already confirmed from previous images of the battle screen)

Update -

I think the playable allies are circled; are people calling the cleric Edelgard? The head sprite matches the generic's. If it's the character in the middle circle (between Hubert and OC's positions) - I could buy it but the resolution's a bit too poor, and I kind of feel like her tiara isn't that triangular? Agree on Hubert.
Ashe has much greyer hair. My other thought was ??Dimitri but the hair isn't obviously yellow.

Edited by tipperthescales
Re-visiting the images and soft-replying to others

I think our purple haired OC is either an assassin or an thief. And I wonder if the game progression will be structured the same way as 3 houses, considering how sharing an meal would be counterproductive if you're free to replay any level that you wanted.

I'm getting the impression most of the characters that will be included in this game are gonna get new designs, not just the three main lords and their sidekicks.  I am quite interested in seeing them all.

Also sucks I can't read Japanese, I wish I knew what some of this stuff said.

Oh yeah, and the little shack they're eating in looks like a cozy lil' camp.

14 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I think Ashe  might be in the second screenshot as an Fighter, though.

Pretty sure that is Edelgard, if you zoom in on it it has a tiara.

Oh new information yay! 

Mercedes' new design is gorgeous! The long hair looks great on her, and her outfit is a nice homage to her Three Houses one. 

Eating means supports and training maybe, but they're seemingly not at Garrag Mach, so we may have some sort of mobile barrack area. 

Purple Hair is playable, which raises a whole slew of questions, none of which I have answers for. We know Purple Hair at least at some point in the game is antagonistic against Byleth - is this before or after that time? What if this is a game where, not unlike in Radiant Dawn, you must control separate armies at different points in the game, and they only combine later on? So, what if Byleth joins Edelgard or Claude, and Purple Hair joins Dimitri, and players must battle using both forces until they finally combine?

Either way, new screenshots may mean more info coming soon! I can't wait!

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also sucks I can't read Japanese, I wish I knew what some of this stuff said.

Mercedes says:

Spoiler

Ara! Watashi, kore ga daisukina no yo. Arigataku itadakuwane.

My Japanese knowledge is pretty basic, but to the best of my understanding, it roughly means:

Spoiler

"Wow! This is one of my favorites. Thank you very much."

The third screen shot references Garugu Maku, or "Garreg Mach". I can't glean anything else of use, though.

Mercedes' confirmation is pretty neat. She isn't one of my personal favorites, but I'm happy for her fans. Also, this might hint toward my favorite student, Annette, making the cut.

The position of the purple hair dude during the meal sequence makes me think perhaps this is a new Avatar.

If that's the case, we might have a Radiant Dawn scenario where we, the player, can control  different armies that might face off each other in battle during the story.

Edited by Nym

OK but most of you aren't mentioning that the Blue Lions are eating at some kind of base camp
which makes sense as Garreg Mach was a den of thieves at the time in canon
but also
I hope this is implying that we'll get to freeroam in more places than the monastery

god that place got old fast

Edited by GlitchWarrior

I really do like what we are seeing so far, I love Mercedes' New design.

However, I absolutely dislike the fact that SSJ Neon Purple now seems to be the new Avatar of the game, this doesn't bode well for me with me and my fear of Female Byleth being the Byleth used. Seriously, what's up with the dumb designs?

Edited by B.Leu